The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ - Page 3 Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Sofia was happy that Kirk was pleased with their work. She and Scotty had worked almost round the clock in some cases in order to make this happen and their hard work had paid off. It was going to be quite pleasing to watch everything working properly. 

Fiona listened to what the Captain wanted her to do and she nodded confidently that she could take care of it all. Fiona worked well under pressure and she was pleased to see that even though the Captain didn't know her that well that he trusted her enough to take care of these tasks.

After they were dismissed, Fiona started to leave the ready room but Kal caught her and motioned for her to come over to the side. She stepped over with him and she smiled at him when he asked her to meet him for tea later. "I would like that very much."

Amara smiled at James as he spoke. As everyone got up and filed out she stood and walked over to him. She sat down on the table and looked down at him with a loving smile. "You're quite the inspirational speaker."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ - Page 3 Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 pm

"I'll see you there," He said then stepped away.

Kirk looked up at Amara. "It was ok then?" He asked but her smile and that look on her face told him that it had been good. He looked over at those leaving and before long the doors closed and he rose up from the chair, shifted so he was before her and spread her legs so he could kiss her properly.

"I'm...afraid Amara. I hate to admit that, but I am. There is alot riding on us," Kirk said. He would never admit that to anyone else but her.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Amara had never heard James admit that he was afraid before...of anything. She reached up and she cupped a hand on the side of his face as she looked into his eyes. "It would be unnatural for you not to be afraid James," she said softly. "You have over 400 lives in your hands and Starfleet has put an enormous mission in your lap. But believe me when I tell you that no one would be here if they didn't have faith in you. Starfleet would not have given you this mission if they didn't have faith in you. I have faith in you James. You're not alone in this. I'm here and I will always have your back. You just need to have faith in yourself."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Kirk smiled at what Amara said and took comfort from her words. He kissed her again and hugged her tightly. "Oh got I never want to let you go," Kirk said but he had to. They had to get going in a short while. He kissed her cheek. "I love you Amara," he said as he looked into her eyes.

Kal sat at one of the smaller tables. He had told 2 crew-women off who had wanted to sit with him and told them that the seat was taken. Was this how it was going to be? Ever since the Khan incident, Kal was not the same person. He like Earl Gray tea with a bit of Lemon and a smidge of honey. He did not know how Fiona took her tea or he would have already.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 10:21 pm

Amara looked back into James' eyes and she smiled at him. "I love you too James," she said. They shared one last passionate kiss before he helped her down off the table. They both straightened themselves up before they headed out of the ready room. 

Fiona knew they didn't have much time, but having a small cup of tea wouldn't hurt. She walked down to the cafeteria and she saw Kal already at a table. She walked over to him and smiled as she sat down. "Captain Kirk is quite the speaker."

Scarlett had been happy to hear that Silas had talked to Captain Kirk and he had secured him a place as a crewman onboard the ship. Their parents had been thrilled and Silas seemed happy. She had learned from Spock that he had been assigned to Engineering. She headed down there and smiled when she saw him. "How's everything going down here?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 pm

"How do you take your tea?" Kal asked as he stood up. When she told him he went to the replicator and ordered it for her. It materialized and then he brought it over to her and sat down.

"You're going to be a busy beaver. I do have quite alot of Navigation experience, if you need help, you can always call upon me," Kal said as he took a sip of his tea.

Silas smiled and hugged his sister. "It's going well and I'm learning alot," He said with a proud smile. She hadn't seen that in a long while. "I'm on call 24/7 on top of my daily duties. I work in the shuttle bay," Silas said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Fiona smiled and took a sip of her tea after Kal brought it over. It was pretty good for being replicated. "I think I can manage, but I will keep that in mind." She was quiet a moment before looking at him. "So, I've heard that you had quite the thing for Elyse. How are you doing with her getting married?"

----------------------------------------

Scarlett hugged Silas back and her heart swelled when she saw his proud smile. She couldn't recall the last time she had seen that. "That's wonderful Silas," she said. In the background she could hear Scotty and Sofia arguing. She couldn't help but smile even more. "Well, at least you'll never be bored down here."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Kal frowned when he listened to what Fiona said. He didn't know why there was gossip about him and Elyse. But as he thought about it, he did talk with her occasionally, when he needed her shoulder. He was beginning to feel better about everything but this? "Elyse and I are friends. Nothing more. I am very happy for her and McCoy is a good man," he said but he couldn't get over her bringing it up. It bothered him and he knew it was an irrational emotion. He stood and would not look at her. "I'm sorry Fiona, I completely forgot something I must do before we depart. Lets...do this again," he said and hurried out of the officers mess.

---------------

"We can't use the shuttle bay for storage Sofia," Scotty said quite sharply. "You keep saying that but you're reasons are not very convincing. We can store the excess Conduits for the Worker Bees here and the Duranium plating for hull repairs over there and don't tell me different Scotty," Sofia said as they stepped past them.

Silas leaned in toward her. "You're not kidding. We've moved those Conduits 5 times already," he said with a chuckle. "How are things on the bridge? I bet you're beyond excited. We don't hear much down here," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Fiona blinked a little as Kal quickly got up and left. She knew he was lying. She sighed and realized she had screwed up. She deeply regretted bringing Elyse up and silently cursed herself. She quickly stood up and followed Kal out. She caught up to him. "Kal, wait...please. I'm sorry," she said. "I truly mean it. That was...insensitive of me. I truly didn't mean anything by it though."

--------------------------------------

"Things are well," she said. "I think we're all excited. Even Spock is...even if he won't admit it," she added with a smile. "After our shift we were going to head to the lounge and maybe play a game if you would like to join us."

Sofia suddenly brushed past them, all the while muttering in Spanish under her breath.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Kal was surprised when Fiona had stopped him and even more surprised and a little embarrassed, by her apology. It was heartfelt but it still embarrassed him.

“It’s ok Fiona, you couldn’t know,” he said then paused as a crewman passed them. “Elyse has been there for me Fiona. A true friend. But there isn’t anything more between us. In fact, I asked her out while at the Academy twice and she turned me down twice,” Kal said. He wanted to tell her more but he wasn’t certain if that was a very good idea. He had managed to get past the survivors guilt but there was still remembering what he did. He was being compelled but he remembered it vividly like he was the one doing and saying those things.

“To be honest...I’m...very single right now as I try to work a few things out,” Kal said. “But...I could always use another friend Fiona,” Kal said.

———

Silas was silent while Sofia passed them. “I think it’s some kind of foreplay,” he said to her back. “Spock is a very lucky man Scarlett. And you are quite a popular subject down here,” he said with a grin. “Apparently a lot of the men think you’re quite the hotty,” he said

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Fiona looked at Kal and was relieved when he forgave her. Kal was her oldest friend and she didn't want to lose him. "I'm working things out myself," she admitted. "I just walked out on my relationship and terminated my engagement and then signed myself on for a 5 year mission. I could use a friend too. So we'll be there for each other." She was quiet a moment as a memory came back to her. "Things were so much simpler when we were children. We would just lay on our backs looking up at the stars and dreaming of the future without a care in the world."

-----------------------------------

Scarlett blushed a little at what her brother said. "Well, they had better not let Spock overhear them. He's rather...protective of me. One crewman tried to grab at me in passing once and I thought Spock was going to break his hand. He no longer works on the ship."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Kal smiled in remembrance. “Well, simple to a degree. I was pretty sweet on you then,” Kal said. “I was too shy to tell you though,” Kal admitted. “But it was nice to have you as a friend. And it is nice to see you again Fiona,” Kal said softly. “Why don’t we try again...I mean...start over.. ask me to Tea sometime,” he suggested.

———-

“Well it’s not just you...I’m getting a lot of attention too. I’m not used to that at all,” Silas said. “But for the most part, everyone works hard here. They really care about the ship and they have a lot of pride about the quality of their work: it makes me want to do better and learn faster,” he said. “I messaged mom but I’m not certain what to say to dad yet,” Silas said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 12:02 am

Fiona looked at Kal when he admitted that he had been sweet on her back then. She gave him a little smile. “I was sweet on you too Kal,” she said softly. “Yes, we’ll have tea again soon.” She realized the time. “We should probably head to the Bridge.”

———————————

Scarlett could see why the women on the ship might like Silas. He was quite good looking. A little ways away she suddenly heard Scotty give in to what Sofia wanted to do. She smiled and then looked back at her brother. “Dad is going to be proud of you Silas. Yes, you made a few mistakes, but this is a huge step for you and Dad loves you...despite what you think.”

Spock suddenly contacted her to say they were preparing to depart the station. “I’ll be right there,” she responded. “I have to go, but please join us tonight in the lounge.”

She then headed up to the Bridge.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am

All of the ship’s exterior lights came on and the impulse engines and warp engines bloomed with light and color. Kirk sat in his chair along with everyone else that was on the bridge. “Mr. Marshall, disengage docking clamps and mooring lines,” Kirk said. Kal did as ordered and the docking clamps released the ship from the station and the mooring lines began to retract. Kal had an external camera he could look at on his panel.

Scotty looked around the Engine room.Everything was lit up and working properly. The Enterprise was a well tooled machine and as the Impulse drives were activated Scotty smiled at Sofia and looked at all of their people nearby who cheered. He noticed Keenser who sat on top of the Power Regulation manifold. His legs dangled down and Scotty pointed at him. "Get down! That's not a climbing frame!" He snapped. Keenser just slightly shook his head.

“Secure all stations,” Kirk said. “Docking clamps retracted,” Captain,” Kal said. “Impulse engines reverse one quarter,” Kirk said and the ship slowly began to pull away. Kal began to turn the ship and it was swinging away from the station. “Ahead one quarter,” Kirk said and Kal stopped the ship in reverse and the ship began to move forward. Mr. Marshall come to 170 mark 215,” Kirk said. “I sir,” Kal said. Once the ship turned and pivoted to that heading they were ready. “Course laid in sir,” Kal said. “Warp 5,” Kirk said and Kal activated warp drive and the ship lurched into warp speed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 8:11 am

Fiona had fed their Warp destination to Kal. Though they had had classes together at the Academy, this was their first time actually working together on a real ship. They were both highly trained pilots and she couldn’t help but be impressed by how Kal maneuvered the ship away from the docking station. She looked over at him and gave him a little smile as the ship moved into Warp.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3