The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Much Needed Celebration 2259.188

2 posters

Go down

A Much Needed Celebration 2259.188 Empty A Much Needed Celebration 2259.188

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:53 am

Dr. Campbell, the ship's Psychiatrist, came to talk to Scarlett about what had happened at Spock and Jim's wishes. The guilt that Scarlett felt was not going to go away anytime soon...if at all fully...but talking to him helped. She took a few days off, at Jim's absolute insistence, but then came back to work. She needed to work. If she sat alone for too long she would start thinking about everything again. The fact that Spock didn't blame her for what happened only made her guilt worse in a way. Spock ensured she was taken care of and doted on her as she recovered. It was going to be a while though before she would feel like smiling or laughing again.

Things between Amara and James were...better. Thankfully, he changed his mind about moving her to Beta shift and they carried on. Things weren't entirely back to normal yet, but they were getting there.  Amara began to feel that this birthday celebration was what they all needed. Everyone was aware that the party was happening and they made sure that no word about it got back to Elyse. 

The day of her birthday finally came. No one on the bridge said anything to her about it and she didn't make a big deal over it. They all just performed their jobs as usual. However, Amara knew that Scotty and Sofia were in the bar setting everything up. The chocolate cake had been made and there was strawberry ice cream and other treats. The bar was stocked and ready to go and the room was decorated. 

After their shift was over, Elyse walked down to sickbay to meet up with Leonard while everyone else went and got changed and then headed to the bar. The plan was was that Leonard was going to suggest they have a drink to celebrate.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Much Needed Celebration 2259.188 Empty Re: A Much Needed Celebration 2259.188

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 am

Finally the day came. It was not easy to keep all of this from Elyse. McCoy loved her so much that it hurt sometimes and he almost let it slip once or twice. Usually when they were in bed together. If he were a spy he knew he’d not be a very good one. She’d get all of his secrets without breaking a sweat. Her strong, lithe body making love to him was an experience unlike anything he had ever felt before. She was far more easy going than he was. But when he was with her it was like all of his troubles just didn’t exist. Her long, soft, red hair against his face. Her pale, white flesh against his. Her warm soft kisses and the way she held him drew his thoughts often from what he was doing.

When he saw her he smiled but then remembered he needed to play this right. They were so close, the whole ship was in on this. And so he furled his brow and sighed then rubbed the bridge of his nose. He made no mention of her birthday today so far to her.

“Elyse...would you mind if we had a few drinks? I’m really not feeling like myself. I have a taste for Andorian Brandy right now and I don’t have any in our quarters,” McCoy said as he rubbed the side of his neck. He was pretty stiff from a long day in truth though.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 am

That morning, Leonard had been up and gone before she had gotten up and they had not spent any time together that day so he had made no mention of her birthday. Even though she didn't want to make a big deal about it, she thought he would have at least said something. She sighed inwardly, but gave him a little smile. "Sure," she said and they left sickbay and headed towards the bar.

In the bar, everyone had gathered and was waiting. Amara was actually quite excited that they had managed to pull this all off. They could hear Leonard's voice down the hall and everyone grew quiet. There wasn't really any place for everyone to hide, but when she walked in everyone shouted "Happy Birthday" and threw confetti at her. Elyse was extremely surprised and she laughed and blushed at the attention that was on her. She smiled at Leonard. "Was this your doing?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Leonard smiled delightedly then produced from his pocket a party favor that when blown, made a shrill sound and unrolled. He had replicated it from a database of old, earth culture involving celebrations. Amara came up and handed him a colorful pointed hat.

“And this is for my birthday girl,” Leonard said with a smile and put it on her with a kiss. Everyone came up to her and wished her a happy birthday. Even the Captain was there and Kirk smiled and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. Sulu started the music, like the party favors, McCoy found the music as well. A big band style of music from earlier in the 20th century. Tables were pulled together to form one, massive table with chairs all around. At the center were presents in differing sizes and in colorful paper and ribbon. There was alcoholic punch and even small plates of finger food should anyone want that. The cake was a massive rectangular cake with candles and the words Happy Birthday Elyse on the top in white frosting with Blue lettering. There was a large, round tub of strawberry ice cream next to it and a stack of clear plates and forks. The candles were lit and as soon as they got her up to the cake they all broke on in the happy birthday song. When it was done she had to blow out her candles. However, stubbornly, there was one left. When she blew on it, it still didn’t go out. She tried again and nope, it was still lit.

Kal stepped up. “Ok, ok, bad joke, Imade a bad joke,” He said delightedly and he removed the candle. “Its...a gag candle...you can’t blow it out,” He said with a grin and everyone laughed uproariously. “You should have seen your face!” Kal said and gave Elyse a hug and a pat on the shoulder.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Elyse was overwhelmed by what everyone had done for her. She had to wiped the tears from her eyes. She had never actually had a birthday party before and she had always told herself that she didn't need one, but knowing that everyone had come together to do this for her meant more to her than she ever would have been able to express. She loved and trusted everyone in this room and she knew that they would protect and take care of each other. Even Spock was there and though he didn't hug her, Elyse hugged him.

The cake looked delicious and she couldn't help but smile when she saw the strawberry ice cream. Elyse, of course, sat at the center of the table and she blushed when everyone sang happy birthday. There were 25 candles on the cake and she blew them out...well all but one. She tried again and then again and when Kal then revealed that it was a trick candle everyone laughed and Elyse looked at him. "You better watch out because I'm going to get you back," she teased with a grin. 

Amara cut the cake into pieces and everyone got a piece and some ice cream. They all settled down and drank some punch and ate cake while they talked. Amara put a bite of cake on her fork and fed it to James with a look in her eye that told him that it was going to be a passionate night back in their quarters.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:34 pm

The first present she opened was from Kal. He wrapped it in silver paper with pink translucent ribbon and bow. It was a new Springball set and protective goggles. Fiona’s present was a shimmering blue paper with a white ribbon. She got Elyse a new Holo camera so she could take holo photos. Amara had one and she recalled Elyse always wanting to use it. Now she had her own. Sulu’s present was long and was wrapped in black paper with a pink ribbon. It was an ancient Samurai sword set, a Katana and a Wakazashi in a dark wooden case. They were the real deal and extremely sharp as sulu demonstrated as he flung up a piece of wrapping paper and sliced it in half in mid air. There were alot of other presents and everyone laughed and clapped as they ooo’d and ahhh’d at them when she opened them. Until, finally it was Leonard’s gift.

Leonard had worked it out between James and Amara, and Spock and Scarlett. When she opened the card it was a holo card that had the rolling image of a tropical landscape and the words; ‘Come to Risa, and Indulge yourself’.

“4 days and 3 nights,” Kirk said. “Amara and I have upgraded your accommodations set up by Leonard and Spock and Scarlett flipped for an intimate Spa day at the Mosek spa,” he added. Everyone goggled. “Whoa,” Kal said along with everyone else.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:52 pm

If Elyse hadn't been expecting the party, she certainly hadn't been expecting gifts. Everything was incredible and so thoughtful. There were smiles and laughs and hugs as she opened everyone's presents. And then it came time for Leonard to give her his gift. She thought that he had already done enough with planning the surprise party. However, when she learned that the gift, which had been upgraded by Amara and Jim, was 4 days and 3 nights at a resort on Risa and then a certificate for a spa day, paid for by Spock and Scarlett, she truly didn't know what to say. She finally stood up to speak to everyone.

"I just want to say thank you to everyone," she said as a few tears came to her eyes. "This was truly unexpected and it makes me so incredibly grateful to get to work with you all everyday. We're not just crew mates, but family. And though some of you annoy me at times...." She turned and looked directly at Kal and everyone laughed. "There is nowhere else I would rather be than here on the Enterprise." 

There was a round of applause and cheers and an echo of Elyse's sentiment. Then, the music got turned up and the real party began.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:23 pm

Kal had Fiona on his lap as Fiona talked to Amara. "So will we be docked or in orbit of Risa or are they just beaming down?" She asked with interest. She wanted to take the opportunity to get Kal all to herself and though they couldn't afford a nice resort, they still had nice beaches, a beautiful ocean and fun games for couples.

Kirk was talking to Scarlett who looked as if she wanted to be away from the festivities. "You know, I've given leave for shore leave Scarlett. I think, perhaps, you and Spock could benefit from some time alone? You seem...distracted of late. Aloof, is there anything that I can do?" He asked.

Silas, Scotty, Sofia and Lucia were all in a group and discussing the upcoming opening of the Holodeck. Nathan joined them and handed Lucia a drink. Silas kept looking at Lucia. He really thought she was beautiful but he could never get the woman alone it seemed, for very long.

McCoy had Elyse in his lap by her opened presents. "Did I do ok?" He asked. She held her drink in one hand and had her other arm around his neck. She had a little bit too much to drink and she was very giggly and happy. And a little bit forward with McCoy as well.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Amara had partaken in a little more of the punch. Amara drank Romulan ale so it took a lot to get her drunk. However, she was feeling very relaxed. She was eating a little more ice cream and talking to Kal and Fiona. She thought that they were so cute as a couple and the fact that they were childhood friends made it even more special. "I was talking to James about that earlier and he said we will be docking since there's a station. I'm excited about it. The last time I went to a beach was when James and I were still at the Academy and we went down to San Diego for a weekend."

Scarlett was trying to be cheerful and festive, but she just wasn't in the mood. In fact, she was about ready to head back to Spock and her quarters when Kirk approached her. Normally, the idea of a few days of shore leave would sound incredible, but the spark just wasn't there. "I'm sorry for my behavior. I just...I'm just still not feeling like myself."

Sofia was so excited about the holodeck. It was truly like her baby and it was almost complete. She was extremely proud of the work she and Scotty had done and they had even made some improvements to the schematics that they had been given. "Just a few more days and it will be done. Now, Scotty and I haven't programmed a lot of stuff yet. There were a few specific things that Kirk and Spock wanted so we focused on those and more will be added later."

Elyse was a lightweight when it came to drinking so having as much as she had had to drink that night meant she was really feeling it. Leonard had finally gotten her alone for a minute and had pulled her gently onto his lap. She had a half drunk glass of punch and she smiled at him when he asked her if he had done alright with the party. "I think you did pretty well. In fact...I have a special thank you just for you when we get back to our quarters."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:09 pm

"Do you even own a bikini? Fiona has one...only the bottoms though," Kal said with a snicker and he had a hand on her left boob before she swatted it away. Kal was not a light weight when it came to alcohol but he had alot tonight too. Fiona had nice, round breasts and Kal loved to touch them and play with them alot. "I've actually been to Risa before," Kal said. "The entire population exist only to make certain everyone who visits has a good time," he said. "I'm going to show Fiona the echo caves and the starlight lagoon," he said.

"Scarlett," Kirk said softly. "You have alot. You have the man you want, the career you want. Today is a great day to celebrate life. Everyday that you can go home and tell someone that you love them is a good day," Kirk reminded her. "Life is hard enough without carrying around the mistakes we've made," Kirk said. "I don't say these things to make you feel as if I'm coming down on you. I'm not. I just think you could use a few days of a change of scenery," Kirk said.

"Oh? Can you tell me or is it a secret?" McCoy said in her ear.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Amara laughed a little. "I'm going to replicate one." James had booked them into the same resort where Elyse and McCoy were staying. Amara was excited about it. After the recent events, she felt like she and James needed to reconnect and unwind together. "The starlight lagoon sounds romantic."

Scarlett listened to what Jim said and she knew he was right. She did have a lot to be grateful for, but her guilt was simply going to take time to subside. "Perhaps a few days of shore leave would be beneficial."

Elyse grinned and leaned over and whispered something rather naughty into Leonard's ear...certainly something that sober Elyse would never say.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 pm

"It is. There is a certain time of night when the rocks under the water begin to glow do to the light from the stars. I'm not certain why or what kind of rocks they are but the Lagoon really gets to glowing. There is a nearby waterfall and its quite private," Kal said. "Oh...so, who'd you take there?" Fiona asked interested. Kal nearly winced. "Uh, no one you'd know," he said.

Kirk put his hands on Scarlett's shoulders. Anything at all I can do. You just let me know ok?" Kirk said then gave her a hug.

McCoy exhaled slowly in surprise. So far Elyse was ore or less, a pretty 'meat and potatoes' kind of woman. And usually satisfied with just McCoy getting off. Tonight though, what she suggested was something he never thought she'd suggest. "Well I'm game, if you are," he said and she stood and helped him up.

"Well its been great fun but I've got to take Elyse back so she can have her way with me," McCoy said and everyone laughed and Kal even made a suggestion that made Elyse's cheeks burn.Even Fiona goggled and gasped though she was smiling the whole time.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Scarlett and Spock headed back to their quarters. As Scarlett started to get undressed she looked over at Spock. "What do you think about us taking a few days of shore leave when we get to Risa?"

Scotty and Sofia had both had a bit too much to drink as well and they could barely keep their hands off of each other as they left the party and headed back to Scotty's quarters. 

Amara and James stayed behind to clean up. She looked over at him and smiled a little. "I think that went really well."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Spock felt Scarlett's arm snake around his back as she leaned her head up against his side as they walked. He knew full well that Scarlett has hada rough time of it lately. She still could not forgive herself for their loss. He wasn't a fan of Water like an Ocean but it was obvious, if she were asking, that she thought about it.

"I think we'd both benefit with a few days out of doors," Spock said. He was about to say he could catch up on some reports but instead he said. "I wonder if they loungers for two on the beach," he said.

"I think it went very well," he said. There were others there helping but Kirk turned to them. "Its ok guys, just leave it until tomorrow," Kirk said. The crewman and women looked at one another, shrugged and left them alone. Kirk found 2 glasses and poured himself and Amara some more punch. He picked up Amara and sat her on the bar then sat on the stool before her and rested his head in her lap. "I just really love you sometimes," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Amara was glad when James sent everyone else out. She accepted the glass of punch and she smiled when he picked her up and put her on the bar top. He sat on the stool in front of her and laid his head in her lap. She reached a hand down and ran her fingers through his hair. Their relationship had been challenged recently, but they had pulled through and Amara now felt that they were truly back to normal. She needed him, just like he needed her. They were stronger when they worked together, instead of against one another. "I just really love you too sometimes," she said with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down