The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ - Page 2 Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Kal looked deeply into her large, blue eyes. He saw the truth of it all in them. "Well...sometimes we...like the idea so much that we don't really see the little things," Kal said. Everyone else decided to strike up their own conversations and attention toward her had faded. "Would you like a drink? Or a piece of cake?" he asked. "I don't even know what you like to drink. Not a very good friend so far, am I?' he asked sheepishly. He hope she didn't know about how much he played the field. Elyse did and he wished she didn't. But lately he felt he needed to work on himself. He was a mess emotionally. And he felt a lot of guilt over what happened and what he did. The loss of his friends aboard the Defiant was particularly harsh. Survivors guilt added into the rest.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ - Page 2 Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Fiona gave Kal a little smile when he said he didn't even know what she liked to drink. "Irish Whiskey of course." They got something to drink and got some cake and they found a place to sit and talk. "How's your family doing?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm

"They've both retired. They live in San Francisco now. Soaking up the sun," he said with a smile. "Cora is an artist. Last I heard she was in Switzerland or Iceland or one of those places with the word 'Land' after it. She travels for inspiration and refuses to settle down," Kal said. "And your mother? Is she well?" Kal asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Fiona was glad to hear that his family was doing so well. She remembered Cora, but hadn't seen her since her family had moved to the United States. "My mother is doing well. She actually recently re-married and seems very happy. Although she wasn't pleased about me calling off my wedding. My brother Killian is working as an Architect now for a large firm in London." She took a sip of her Whiskey. It wasn't real, but it would have to do. Fiona was a rather petite woman, standing only 5'4" and weighing no more than 120 pounds, but she could hold her drink.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 1:38 pm

"An Architect huh? We should try and get Killian and Cora together I think," he said. "I'm happy that your mother is doing well. I always liked her and I think she liked me," Kal said. Kal loved her cooking especially. "I lost...I lost the picture you gave me...my quarters on the Defiant were destroyed," Kal said. She was 12 and she gave it to him with a kiss and a promise for friendship forever. That was even written on the back.

"I'm surprised we didn't see more of each other while we were at the academy. Who'd you have for Planetary Survival? We had Kremal. I'll never get the taste of roasted snake out of my mind," Kal said with a chuckle. Kremal was a Bolian Instructor at the Academy. The final exam for the class was 4 days of having nothing but an emergency water kit and Starfleet's survival kit. Kal had done pretty well but he was afraid of snakes and wouldn't go near one unless it was dead. That had been very embarrassing.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 1:44 pm

"I had Ashby," she said as she took another bite of her cake. "I agree with you about the roasted snake. Not exactly my mother's cooking by any stretch of the imagination. However, I certainly feel prepared for such an event, although I hope it will never come to pass."

She looked over at him as she thought about the picture she had given him. "I can't believe you still had it," she said softly as her eyes met his for a moment. She then looked away and then back at him. "I don't have another copy, but I could give you a different picture if you would like."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 pm

"I don't think that will be necessary. We'll be seeing alot of each other. We'll be on the bridge together. From what I've seen and heard, just having Kirk leading this mission had doubled our chances for success and maybe also survival," Kal said.

"Tell me, do you still play Springball? It's been a while for me and I was thinking or trying to get a tournament going for the Officers and Crew. I could use someone to show them how it's done. Also, Lt. Quinn has a Martial Arts class and there is a Yoga class...I forget who runs that but I'm going to get back into that too," Kal said. When she gave him a look he smiled. "What? I like to keep...flexible. We had an excellent Yoga instructor on the Defiant," He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 1:58 pm

"I haven't played Springball in a while," she said. "Grant...he...he wasn't interested in playing. However, I'm sure with a little practice I could get back into it." Martial Arts sounded interesting, although the Yoga was more up her alley. She was surprised to hear that Kal was into Yoga. "You like to keep flexible for what?" she teased with a little grin. When he gave her an innocent look she shook her head. "Oh, come on Kal. I saw how all the girls would flirt with you at the Academy. It's ok, I'm not judging."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Kal snapped his finger. "Lt. Wright, that's who teaches the Yoga class," he said and gave her a haughty look. "No, not for...that!" He said at her teasing. "The Captain often has us going down personally to handle situations. He's a very...hands on...kind of man," he said. He became serious a moment. "I'm sorry about your Engagement...I really am," Kal said. "It must have made things...awkward," he said and noticed the party was breaking up. He stood and waited for her to stand. "Well, it's good to have you along," he said and extended his hand to her. "I hope we can talk again. It feels almost like old times Fiona...I've missed our friendship," Kal said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Fiona stood, but she didn’t shake Kal’s hand. She stood on her tip-toes and hugged him. She smiled when she felt him hug her back. She then pulled back and looked at him. “I’d really like it if we could talk again soon,” she told him. She looked at him another moment before she went to find her quarters.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Later that night McCoy and Elyse sat side by side leaned back in white lounge chairs. McCoy had a pair of swimming trunks on and Elyse had on a Black Bikini. They were on a sky ship and it was high up in the clouds. There was a large violet and red moon that had come into view and it was beautiful. The stars twinkled in the black sky just beyond the blue and the clouds and it gave the evening a magical light. They sat alone on the deck of the large, Holo Yacht but it looked and felt so real. They had cocktails in their hands.

"I must admit, I could get used to this Elyse," Leonard said. "I've never seen the like in my lifetime," he said. "A gorgeous view, a gorgeous wife by my side...I don't know how this could get any better," he asked but clearly he wasn't thinking about what was going to happen in a little while. Or maybe not in a little while by the way Elyse was looking at him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Elyse had never been in a hotel like this one. It was incredible and they had been given the best suite because they had just gotten married...the Sky Yacht. They had made love almost as soon as they got into the suite, but now they were relaxing in lounge chairs looking up at violet and red moon set against a black sky. They both had cocktails and Elyse felt incredibly relaxed and happy. She still couldn't believe she and Leonard were married. For some reason just knowing that they were made her feel very...sexy. She slowly got up from her lounger and she moved over to his. She straddled his hips and leaned down and kissed him. She wanted him again...and she wanted him now.

-------------------------------------

Amara and James had made it back to their hotel room and Amara smiled over at her husband. "With all the married couples and people in relationships on the Enterprise I think she should be renamed to the "Ship of Love". Come for the adventure of a lifetime. Stay for the love of a lifetime," she said with a grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 3:39 pm

McCoy reached around and plucked the tie of her bikini top open. It fell away and she flung it over her head just as McCoy leaned forward to have at her breasts. Her breasts weren't large but she had the cutest, pink nipples he had ever seen and they felt nice on his tongue. Elyse had been a fast learner as far as sex and what Leonard liked and he felt her pull at the tie of his shorts and he lifted up so she could pulled them down to his thighs. With him exposed he felt her come back down to taunt him with her center that was still covered by her Bikini bottoms. That brought a smile to her face. She liked taunting him. He thought she liked him being taunted by her body and what she did with it. He felt her doing...something as he shifted to her other breast and then there was nothing between them and he felt her slide her body against him until she managed to get him inside of her.

-----------------

"That can be a good thing or a bad thing Amara. Sometimes...on a starship...we have to ask people to sacrifice their lives for the rest of the crew or to save the ship. You're solution was...precisely what might be required. And I can't have officers picking and choosing. I need people who are willing to make the hard choices for their crew and their ship," Kirk said. She would see he was troubled. She had meant what she said as a joke but he could see the determent of it. She had sensed that he had wanted to have sex but now she had brought him into thinking about something he had tried not to. Now he was and it worried him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Amara could see James' expression change. His brows furrowed and he looked...worried. She listened to his concerns and she stepped up to him. "James, you have assembled an incredible crew here. Everyone knows the risks and what they signed on for and I can guarantee that anyone of them would be willing to do the kind of thing I did. The mission comes first," she said as she reached up and gently caressed his cheek.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm

James sighed a tired sigh. He knew Amara was in the mood but he wasn't. Not anymore. "I think we should get ready for bed. I've got an inspection with Admiral Polosk in the morning," he said as he kissed her. But then the kissed lingered on in a gently, but passionate way. Amara took his hand in hers and then led him to their bedroom. Obviously he wasn't going to be sleeping anytime soon.

The next morning he woke to the smell of food. Amara was not in bed and he felt hungry. When he came out into the dining area he found Amara naked on the table. She had strawberries on her thighs and a bit of whipped cream on her breasts and on her center. Kirk's mouth turned up into a smile as Amara watched him take her all in. His eyes almost sparkled in amusement and desire and he heard her sigh contentedly as he began to partake in her offerings. The breakfast ended with her turned around and inviting him to take her from behind.

--------------

The Inspection, the morning of their departure.

Kirk and Amara arrived onto the ship. They had made love more times then they could count, taking full advantage of their bed...and the table. A chair, the floor and the bed again..ok, a few times. Everyone was in uniform and they awaited for Admiral Polosk and his attendants to come aboard and conduct the Inspection. Kirk went through first as was custom and he began to Engineering.

Scotty, Sofia and the engineering crew stood at attention and at their posts as Kirk with Spock and Elyse in tow began his Inspection.

"Scotty, Is the ship in readiness?" He asked. "Just give the word Captain," Scotty said. Kirk pulled out a white handkerchief from his pocket and he slid it across the warp core control panel. It came away clean and he set it back into his pocket. He eyed a crewman that he had seen before but didn't know all too well.

"Crewman Hoyle," he said. "Yes sir!" she said loud and clear. "Crewman 1st class, Rachel Hoyle, Warp Field Engineer, sir!" she said. "Very good Crewman, carry on," he said. "Yes sir!" she said loudly. Kirk looked at Sofia and she grinned arrogantly at him. "I see your influence down here Lieutenant," Kirk said. "Yes Captain, Warp Speed, at your command," she said with a smile. Kirk chuckled and looked at Scotty. Spock and Elyse were there to learn and observe but to also interact when they chose. "Everything looks in order Scotty, good work," Kirk said as they head toward the turbolift. Next stop, sickbay.

Sickbay had 8 beds in a circle. They were at the outer walls and a large biomonitor was above each bed, In the center were desks and carts and shelves stocked with supplies. All the Doctors and Nurses were aligned in front of each bed and stood at attention. They were all in uniform.

"Bones, it looks like everything's in order here," Kirk said. "It is Captain, You've never guess there was a gaping hole behind me just a few weeks ago," He said. Spock moved up to one of the nurses, a Bolian female. "Officer 2nd class Nuyal Commander," she said preemtying his addressing her. "Officer Nuyal, is this sickbay in readiness?" Spock asked. "It is Commander, and I hope we have no one come to visit us here in sickbay," she said. "Very good Officer Nuyal, carry on," Spock said. Kick used a finger on a desk and there was no dust on it. "Very good Doctor, see you at the 1400 hours," Kirk said. "Yes Captain, I'll be there," he said. When Elyse looked back at him he gave her an affectionate wink and a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Sofia was incredibly proud of the work that she, Scotty, and the Engineering team had done. They had worked incredibly long hours to get it done and Sofia was confident that everything was in proper working order. After the inspection of Engineering was done, Sofia and Scotty relaxed and she smiled at him. "I still can't believe we pulled this off."

Amara knew how important this inspection was and she made sure that the Bridge was ready. Everything was cleaned and shining. Fiona had changed her panel to suit her needs and how she liked everything to be. She was in uniform and she had to admit that Kal looked quite handsome in his. The entire Bridge crew stood at attention at their stations as James, Spock, and Elyse walked in.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 pm

"Captain on the bridge!" Kal announced loudly. He had the Con but he remained at his station for effect. Kirk then Spock then Elyse stepped onto the bridge. Kirk began to look around the room. He moved toward the Science side of things first. "Well, Lieutenant Wright, You went from a group of 1, to a ship of 430 souls. Are you ready to spend the next 5 years with them?" He asked her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Scarlett and Spock had spent their morning making love...several times. Scarlett was still feeling particularly amorous and seeing him in his uniform with his hands clasped behind his back looking very authoritative was almost more than she could handle in that moment. However, she stood at attention and focused on Kirk's question.

"Absolutely, Captain. This mission is the opportunity of a lifetime."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 4:54 pm

"Very well Lieutenant, I will need your support in the days to come, carry on," he said and moved toward the Helm. He took a handkerchief swipe of the console, gave a nod to Kal and then moved over to Amara's station. "And how is your Communications Officers doing this morning?" he asked with a grin. Considering the breakfast they had he thought she might be in a good mood.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Amara watched James as he walked over towards her. She saw the grin on his face and she knew what he was thinking about...it was the same thing she was thinking about. "Very well, Captain...very well," She said as they looked rather intently into each other's eyes. "Glad to be back at my post."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 5:10 pm

"Excellent, we will need a first rate interpreter on this voyage. I doubt the UT will suffice for every language we run into," Kirk said as he moved back toward the Helm. Elyse had taken her post as well as Spock. "It's nice to have you aboard Lt. Marshall, I know the Enterprise is no Defiant class but she's got it where it counts," Kirk said. "She's a fine ship sir, with a fine crew," he said with his thick, Irish accent. He saw Elyse smiling at him from his peripheral vision as well as Fiona who was looking back at them. "Aye she is," Kirk said trying to speak in an Irish accent..badly but it made several people chuckle. Kirk smiled and moved up to Fiona Moran.

"Lt. Moran, I trust your quarters suit? I've actually met Captain Fitzgerald a few times and she tells me I am to expect good things from you, she was sorry to lose you," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Fiona rather liked Captain Kirk. She had heard things about him. She had heard that he didn't do things by the book, but that he cared deeply about his crew and would do anything for them. She hadn't spent that much time with him, but he had made her feel at ease and welcome. "Yes, Captain," she said in an Irish accent as well, though not one quite as rough as Kal's. "I learned a lot working on the USS Phoenix, and I won't let you down Captain."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 5:28 pm

"Glad to hear it, carry on," kirk said. "Commander Tur...no McCoy, Commander McCoy, please take the Con," he said. "Spock, lets go meet the Admiral," Kirk said. Once Kirk left the bridge everyone could relax for a bit.

Kal looked at Scarlett. "Scarlett, do Vulcans really only...mate, every 7 years?" He asked. "No offense, you don't seem like a once every 7 years kind of...person," he said carefully. Fiona stifled a giggle and turned back to her station but her ears were definitely perked up to listen to what the woman said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Scarlett looked over at Kal as he asked his question. She wasn't offended by it, nor by what he said about her. "No, Spock and I have a very healthy...marriage. Pon Farr is very private for Vulcan males though and I do not think he would like for me to discuss it."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Kal nodded and held his hands up as if he were afraid that he had offended Scarlett and he would not ask her any more questions on the subject. The Admiral came through with Kirk and Spock and, the inspection went off without a hitch though he did not go to the sickbay at all. He was off the ship well before 1400 hours so the crew had time to get a bite or a cup of coffee and socialize before the meeting.

At 1400 hours Kirk waited for everyone in the Ready Room. He was there with his hands clasped and resting comfortably on the table. "First off, thank you all for your help in getting this ship ready. Especially you Scotty and Sofia and all the Engineering staff. Good work and I'll try to make it up to you," he told them. Scotty and Sofia just smiled and nodded to him. "There is a side mission that requires our attention. Starfleet has tasked us with delivering 3 subspace amplifiers along our journey. Echo1, Echo2 and Echo3. Fiona and I want you to work with Amara in finding the best places to loose these satellites, they will extend out subspace range drastically," Kirk said.

"Scarlett, I also need you to work with Fiona to come up with a flight plan. We are looking for Minshara planets and any other phenomena, that might be interesting to use and Starfleet. I know this puts alot on your plate Fiona, but I know I can count on you," Kirk said. "I want to remind everyone that we will be on our own, for the most part out there. You're the finest men and women in the fleet at what you do. I will be relying on all of you for your expertise and professionalism. I need everyone at their best and that includes the crew. They are your greatest resource. Their problems are your problems. Take care of them and they will take care of you," Kirk said. "Everyone of us will be ambassadors to the whole of the Federation," he said. "When we make a mistake, we are making it for every Federation Planet," Kirk reminded them.

"And lastly, try to enjoy this time. We're headed into the unknown. Each and every one of you are explorers first and that is what I want you all to be excited about. We're boldly going where no man or woman has gone before, discovering strange new worlds and seeking out new life and new civilizations. That is our mission," Kirk said and looked around the room. He saw their faces and they were all looking at him. They relied on him and respected him as he respected and relied on them.

"Alright, I want all departments to report their ready status in 2 hours. We depart the station at 1700 hours," Kirk said. "Dismissed," he said and everyone began to step out.

Kal caught Fiona and nodded her to the side. He smiled at her. "Well, we're in it now," he said with a smile. "Meet me for Tea later?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next