The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 am

Scotty had just ate lunch in the Engineering breakroom but Silas had said that Sofia and Jason looked pretty cosy in the Officer’s mess just a bit ago. Scotty hadn’t known she was dating someone else and it made him wonder. If she had been wanting to get married, how did she just go off and start dating other people? He still loved Sofia, still wanted to be friends and lovers. He just wasn’t ready to get married. He didn’t want their relationship to turn into this twisted thing because one person wanted what the other wasn’t ready to give. Her dating though struck a spark in him and not in a good way. He waited for her to come back to Engineering.

Once he saw her, not immediately but minutes after when she moved up to the warp core console to begin her diagnostic. “So, Jason Davis? Really? I know we’re not ‘together’ anymore but I would have thought that someone who wanted to get,” he began but noticed two other crewmen looking at them. He took her shoulder and pivoted her away.

“Someone who wanted to be married,” he said in a quiet, angry tone. “I think you’d have had some restraint!. He said angrily.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:04 am

Sofia looked over at Scotty and blinked in surprise at what he said. “Married?! Who said anything about me wanting to get married? I’m not ready to get married to you or anyone else for that matter. Where did you get that ridiculous idea in your head?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am

Scotty’s eyes drew up. “Well, if ya must know...there was talk...during the poker game...as if they knew that was what you were hinting at,” he said now very uncertain of much of anything by her reaction. He was confused himself. “So you...don’t want ta marry me?” he asked softly keeping an eye on those nearby.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:32 am

Sofia felt upset and frustrated. This was why he had ended things with her?! Because of some teasing comment at a poker game?! She sighed and shook her head. “Perhaps at some point in the future...but I’m not ready now and I certainly have not been dropping hints that that’s something I wanted. I was extremely happy with the way things were between us.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:05 am

Scotty frowned as the realization of the huge mistake he had just made came to him. His cheeks colored in embarrassment and he winced. “Oh, I’ve screwed this up haven’t I? I’m...sorry Sofia,” he said and then began to look for a direction to move toward where there weren’t people. She’d be able to see the intent to flee the discussion.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:14 am

Sofia was angry and upset and she didn't care if people were around to hear what was being said. And she certainly had no intention of letting him flee without hearing what she had to say first. "You're sorry? You screwed everything up between us because of some silly comment at a poker game and you're sorry?! All you had to do was come and talk to me and we wouldn't currently be in the situation we are now. But no. You decided it was better to just end things between us...a year of happiness just thrown down the drain...for nothing. Well...I hope you're happy now Scotty," she said as she pushed past him and walked away.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 am

Jason was dressed in beige pants, a clean, white shirt and a tanned leather vest. Much like a country gent. Once he saw Sofia he smiled at how great she looked. “Wow...I think you’d look good in anything,” he said. They were in the hall in front of the Holodeck. “You ready?” he asked as he took her hand. And then he leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. When he backed up he smiled at her. “I wanted to do that since the first time I saw you,” he said. Once the doors opened a pair of crewmen stepped out they were laughing and smiling as they stepped away. They went in and the doors closed but the program was already running.

They stepped out into a square where the streets were cobbled. A farmer pulled a small cart with hay stacked in a pile in the back. The place smelled clean and fresh. But it also smelled like burned wood, horse manure and also wild flowers. People, farmers and shop keepers by the looks of them stepped past them and talked amongst themselves like the people of a small village might. Jason smiled at Sofia.

“Well? Wanna try a round of rings and have an...ale? Or did you want to explore a bit?” he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am

Sofia had chosen a cream colored blouse and a high waisted, A-line skirt. She wore a pair of laced up heeled boots and she had even pulled her hair up into a knot on top of her head. She met Jason in the hall in front of the holodeck. She smiled, but in the back of her mind she continued to think about Scotty and their conversation from earlier. She tried to push thoughts about Scotty out, but he stubbornly remained there. 

Sofia was surprised when Jason suddenly kissed her. His lips felt different than Scotty's. Not necessarily in a bad way, but just...different. They stepped together into the holodeck and the program was already running. The found themselves in a town square with cobbled streets. Even though Sofia had built the holodeck, and was incredibly proud of her work, she still awestruck every time she participated in a program. It seemed so...real. It was truly incredible. 

"Let's explore a little," she said with a smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:25 am

Jason could see Sofia looked distracted but he decided to just go with it now that they were here. An older man who didn’t look very steady wandered up to them. He smiled and tipped his hat. “Jason lad, do ye ave a coin or two? Ta help out a poor farmer whose down on is luck?” he said. “Oh, wait, I think…” He said as she pulled out a few coins. “Here ya go,” he said. “Oh, I knew you’d be able ta help! Thanks lad, thanks!...Ma’am,” he said as he tipped his hat again and left them.

They stopped at a bakery and Jason got them a couple of biscuits as they continued down the street. Hawkers cried their wares and they checked them out as they passed them. Everyone looked real and were so different. Children ran past them and giggled as they played tag. As they turned the corner down the hill were rolling, green fields and an orchard. They decided to check out the orchard and when they made it, it actually felt like it had taken them several minutes to walk to it, they were presented with apples in the peak of ripeness. Jason picked the one Sofia wanted and it smelled and tasted like a ripe, delicious apple. There was a huge tree in the middle of the orchard and they decided to take a rest beneath it. They were alone.

“This is one of the reasons I considered staying on earth. I mean look at that,” he said. Before them the green grass, the trees, the blue sky and the sun. It was a beautiful day. Jason leaned over toward her and then he kissed her softly. Hs shifted so he could touch her face, her lips felt soft and warm and wonderful, and his hand shifted to her side right near her right breast. She knew he was going to touch her and then he did.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 am

Sofia smiled as she walked beside Jason. She had seen pictures of the early 1900s, but she had never thought she would be able to experience it like this. In the back of her mind though she found that she was wishing that Scotty was there with her. She sighed inwardly and told herself that she needed to give Jason a proper chance. He was a nice guy and clearly he liked her. They decided to go check out the orchard and walked down the rolling, green fields until they reached it. The apples were ripe and beautiful and Jason picked a couple for them. They found a tree to rest beneath and ate their apples as they looked out across the landscape before them. The sky was blue and nearly cloudless and it was warm without being too hot, with a light spring breeze. As Sofia looked out at the green grass and blue sky she found that she did miss Earth in some ways. However, she also appreciated this journey that they were on and being able to explore new worlds. 

She looked over at Jason and their eyes met for a moment and then he leaned in and kissed her softly. She closed her eyes and slowly began to kiss him back. She felt his hand on the side of her face. She then felt his other hand shift up to rest on her ribcage. She tensed up slightly as she felt his hand then shift up to touch her right breast. Her heart began screaming at her that this was wrong...that it should be Scotty, but her mind told her that Scotty had broken up with her and that she needed to give Jason a chance. However, was she truly ready for this? As things started to progress and she felt his hand slide under her skirt she realized she wasn't and she pulled back.

"I...I'm sorry Jason...I can't do this," she said and then quickly got up and left. She went back to her quarters and sat down on her bed and cried.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:31 am

Jason was surprised when Sofia practically ran from the Holodeck. He had given chase for a bit but it was clear he had crossed a line with her and upset her. He also wondered if she had given sufficient time after Scotty to be with another man. He had come on strong but if she said anything that made him believe this wasn’t what she wanted, he would have stopped and not been offended about it at all. Jason often moved quickly with women. Sex, to him was an important part of his relationships and he wanted to know if the person he dated and himself was sexually compatible. The romance and everything followed and there were alot of younger people like himself on the ship. Maybe Sofia wasn’t one of them though and he could understand that.

Late that evening Scotty couldn’t take the ‘not knowing’ if there was anything salvageable left for his and Sofia’s relationship. He hit the door chime on her door. When she didn’t answer he hit it again. “Sofia, I know you’re in there...we need to talk woman!” He said loudly and pounded on the door. When she still didn’t come out he growled.

“If I need ta come back with a phaser and burn through this lock, I will!” he threatened.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

Sofia hadn't even changed out of her holodeck outfit yet. She had just been sitting there crying and trying to figure out what to do. She suddenly heard the door chime and thought it was Jason. She didn't want to see him right then...she didn't want to see anyone right then. She heard the door chime again and this time it was followed by Scotty's voice. She didn't know what to do. She stood up, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to open the door or not. Finally though, she walked over and opened the door. Her eyes were red from crying. She didn't say anything to him, but she let him in.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Scotty gaped at what she was wearing and also that she had been crying. “Uh, are you ok?” he asked and immediately thought he had made her cry. He swallowed hard and his cheeks colored feeling horrible for how he had been at her door. “If ya want me ta go Sofia, just…” he began and then just sighed and enveloped her in a hug.

“I”m so sorry for makin a mess a things lass,” he said and kissed the top of her head. “I’m a horses ass...a dolt, a fool,” he said. “You’re a wonderful woman and did nay deserve ta be treated like that,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Sofia didn't really know what to say. She felt rather embarrassed that she had been crying and she felt rather ridiculous standing there dressed as she was. However, she didn't want him to leave. When she felt his arms go around her, she sank into his arms and rested her head against his chest as new tears came to her eyes.

"I thought I could get over you Scotty and I tried...but you stubbornly just remain in my heart and in my head and Jason made me realize that I don't want anyone but you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Scotty rubbed her back and let her cry. He would not begrudge hr hre tears, not this time. He had created them and felt horrible for it. He didn’t want to know ‘how’ jason made her realize that but he was glad that she did feel like that. For him. He shifted and took her face into his hands. He wiped a few tears away and then kissed her lips softly at first but then it was clear that softness is not what they needed right then. They were kissing one another passionately. Something they obviously both had missed. And then he felt her take his hand and lead him to her bedroom. He was certain a pretty passionate makeup session was well underway and he was thankful for that. He loved Sofia more than he had ever loved any woman.

----------------

The next morning before Alpha shift was due on the bridge, Kirk made a special, ship wide announcement. He wanted everyone to assemble in the shuttlebay. Once it looked like everyone was there, everyone that could be there he stepped forward. Everyone was at attention and even Amara didn’t know what this was about. Either, James had kept it completely secret...apparently. Kal shifted toward her.

“Ok, whats this about?” he asked her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Scotty had ended up staying the night in Sofia's room that night and they made up a little bit more in the morning as well. As they were dressing, they heard the ship wide announcement. They glanced at one another and Sofia shrugged, having no idea what this would be about. They finished dressing and then headed towards the shuttlebay. Scarlett had asked Spock if he knew what this was about and he hadn't known either. Elyse stood next to Leonard and Amara stood beside them. She looked over at Kal and gave a little shrug when he asked what this was about. 

"I'm just as clueless as everyone else," she whispered back to him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:08 pm

“I know we have a ship to run and an ongoing mission but I wanted to gather everyone. I want you all to know that I spoke to Starfleet Command late last night about the death of the Commodore. They’ve decided that his death was a tragic case of suicide. Which we all knew it was. They have also decided that we will go on with our mission,” Kirk said and there were murmurs about that statement. ‘Was that in question?’ Being one of the more common words spoken.

“We are quickly approaching 1 year together, though I’ve been with some of you much longer than that. I need to ask you to continue to do your best. We have a long way to go but I feel as if we’ve gotten to know one another better. I hope that continues.

“Promotions….” he said and there was alot more murmuring now.

“I’ve been authorized to promote these two individuals, Lieutenant Montgomery Scott and Lieutenant Leonard McCoy, please come forward,” he said. Scotty stepped up just as Elyse saw leonard’s throat swallow and his cheeks turned pink in surprise. She knew that to him, everything he did was just his job. But to be recognized as one of the best in the field AND tend to all the people on this ship was a massive responsibility. Kirk shook Scotty’s hand and pulled from his pocket his added rank and pinned them on. He did the same to McCoy and the two men faced the crowd. “Please, congratulate Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott, and lt. Commander Leonard McCoy,” he said and everyone clapped for them. Sofia whistled...loudly!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Elyse smiled and clapped for Leonard. She knew that he hated being recognized for just doing his job, but he was one of the best surgeons Starfleet had and Elyse was immensely proud of him...even if she did no longer outrank him. 

Sofia felt like a huge weight was lifted off of her shoulders now that she and Scotty were back together. The universe seemed right again and she was extremely happy. Seeing Scotty get promoted was just the icing on the cake as far as she was concerned. She knew he deserved it and she was very proud of him. 

Amara smiled and clapped for them both. They were both friends and she knew that they each deserved this. However, in the back of her mind she knew that she would never receive a promotion. Starfleet barely recognized her as a crew member and the only reason she had the rank she did now was because they desperately needed James to captain this ship and he had threatened to walk away on her behalf.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Kirk clapped as well and it was a loud thunder in the Shuttlebay. Eventually the two men moved back into the crowd and the clapping died down.

“So if any of you have a problem or a concern, take them to your Officer in charge first before bringing them to your Command officers,” Kirk said.

“Now, one more thing before I let you all go,” he said. “Would Lieutenant Commander Elyse Turner and Lieutenant Kal Marshall please step forward,” Kirk said. He smiled when her face bloomed in color and her eyes looked surprised. Kal was uncertain what this was about but he stepped forward and came to stand next to Elyse.

“Kirk removed two Medels from his other pocket and stepped toward them, Kal first. “For showing outstanding abilities in Piloting and Tactical operations, I present Kal Marshall with the Golden Shield,” he said and pinned the medal on Kal’s chest. He shook his hand and Kal thanked him. He moved onto Elyse.

“For her heroism above and beyond what is asked of any Starfleet Officer, it is my pleasure to bestow the Starfleet Medal to Lt. Commander Elyse Turner,” he said then pinned the medal on her chest and shook her hand. Unlike Kal, Kirk went ahead and hugged her. Everyone whooped and clapped and chuckled at the hug.

“Dismissed!” kirk said and everyone rushed forward to see the new, shiny medals and the new ranks on Scotty and McCoy. Diane gave Scotty a hug as did Lagasho though she gave McCoy a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Elyse thought everything was over, but Kirk hadn’t dismissed them yet. When he suddenly called Kal and herself forward, she glanced at Kal but the two of them stepped towards Kirk. She smiled a little when Kal received his medal. She could see a little color bloom on his cheeks. When Kirk stepped up to her, she knew what was coming. She would have argued that she didn’t deserve it, but she knew it was pointless and so she accepted it and then smiled and hugged Kirk back. He was a great Captain and she wouldn’t want to serve under anyone but him.

Elyse smiled and stepped over to Scotty and her husband. “Congratulations to you both.” She saw the way Scotty and Sofia smiled at each other and knew they were back together.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2