The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ Empty Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 pm

The repairs to the Enterprise were nearly complete thanks to the hard work of Scotty and Sofia, whose relationship was now known to James and Amara when they accidentally saw them kissing. Amara had loved getting to know George and Winona. They had shared many embarrassing stories about James that Amara loved hearing, especially when she was able to watch James' face turn redder and redder with embarrassment. Saying goodbye to them that morning had been difficult for both she and James, but they knew they would visit them as soon as this mission was over and they would stay in touch. The blow regarding her never being able to conceive was still a deep one, but they had each other and knowing that helped. 

By the time her parents had left, Leonard and her father seemed like good friends. Their night of drinking had ended with Leonard coming back to the hotel completely drunk and passing out at the foot of the bed. However, Elyse didn't mind since it was all apart of he and her father bonding. They had eased up on her regarding her passing up the opportunity to command her own ship, but she had made a decision that she wanted to talk to Kirk and Spock about. The three of them were going to meet at the Enterprise together to walk through and inspect the repairs. Elyse waited for them just outside the entrance to the ship.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 pm

James was happy that Amara and his parents had gotten on well. He was going to miss them terribly. He did already. But he had Amara and she was coming with him on the mission.

McCoy actually understood Idris. They wouldn't be close friends but they could be friends, on a personal level. And it seemed important to Elyse besides. He loved Elyse and why he hadn't married her by now he didn't know. But they were about to embark on this mission and he wanted her to have the wedding of her dreams. Not just a small affair with an Admiral. Elyse was special and he wanted her to know he thought her so. And so, he would wait with her.

Kirk and Spock waited in the gangway between the station and the ship. Elyse said she wanted to talk to them and they agreed to meet her there. "So Spock, feeling better?" Kirk asked. "I am...doing well Captain. I am ready for this mission as is the Enterprise," Spock said."Good to hear it, I need everyone at their best...that includes myself," Kirk said. "Captain, you know I never...trusted Amara...in the past, but I can say that I do now," he said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+ Empty Re: Repairs and New Beginnings 2259.96+

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 9:47 pm

Elyse kept thinking and hoping that Leonard was going to propose, but so far he hadn't. She wouldn't push him but the fact that he and her father got along so well made her think that her father would approve of the match. At the hotel she and Leonard could share a room, but they couldn't share quarters on the Enterprise unless they were married. 

She spotted Captain Kirk and Spock in the gangway between the station and the ship and she smiled a little as she approached them. "I hear my father had lunch with you both yesterday. I'm glad to see you survived. Amara told me you were sweating when you came back Captain," she teased with a little grin. "I should tell you that my father spoke to me this morning and told me that he was quite...impressed with you both. A high compliment coming from him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Kirk smiled. "Well, its always good to hear Elyse, isn't is Spock?" Kirk asked. Spock blinked. He didn't understand the question. But Kirk nudged his arm. "Um,, yes, it is," Spock said suddenly.

The more McCoy thought about it, the more he didn't want 4 or 5 years to go by and he and Elyse were not married. he thought not asking her, poor payment for the love and kindness she had shown him. He decided to just ask her and maybe, Jim could marry them? He didn't know anything other than that he loved Elyse and wanted to marry her. Children could come later after the mission, if that was what she wanted.

"Computer, where is Commander Elyse Turner?" McCoy asked. "The Commander is just outside the port airlock," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Elyse thought that the Captain was acting...odd. She looked at both he and Spock and she thought that Kirk had a strange smile on his face...like he knew something she didn't. She shrugged it off though. "I wanted to talk to you about possibly going through Command School. I realize I'm already in a Command position, but I feel that going through the training would be beneficial."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 pm

"I think the Captain will have his hands full but I could mentor you Commander," Spock said. "I taught at the Academy for several years," Spock added. McCoy had been running and he finally made it out onto the airlock. He suddenly appeared half out of breath. Kirk grinned, a knowing grin. "Ah Bones, I was wondering when you'd show up," Kirk said.

"Elyse...I thought you had already boarded the ship," McCoy said as he breathed hard.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Elyse gave Spock a little smile. "Thank you Spock. I would appreciate that," she said, but then she looked over to suddenly see Leonard running over. He was out out of breath and there was that knowing grin again from Kirk. She looked over at Leonard.

"No...not yet...we were just talking. Why did you run here? Is something wrong?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Leonard straightened but he was still breathing fairly hard. "No Elyse...I just couldn't...let you board...without asking you...to marry me," McCoy finally got out. "I won't spend the next 5 years with you sleeping in a different room. We both know how we feel about each other, Marry me and make me the proudest man in in Universe," He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Elyse's eyes widened when she heard what Leonard said. Had she heard him right? Was she dreaming? She could see Kirk out of the corner of her eye and she saw him grinning like a fool. Clearly he had known about this. Spock well...looked like Spock...although she did think she saw a hint of a gleam in his eye. Tears came to Elyse's eyes as she looked at Leonard. She loved his man dearly and the thought of spending the rest of her life with him made her incredibly happy.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 10:39 pm

McCoy looked at Kirk a moment before he moved up to Elyse and kissed her quite thoroughly. "Then we have one thing to do before we leave and that's pick out a ring. Jim agreed to marry us, should you have said yes. I know you might want a big wedding and we can still have that. but not before we get back. I just wanted us to be man and wife before this mission Elyse," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Thankfully, the ship wasn't going to be leaving until the following morning. The final walk through needed to be conducted and they were still waiting on their new Navigator, who was due to arrive that evening. Elyse was thrilled and overwhelmed and that showed on her face. She looked at her husband to be and she smiled. "I don't need a big wedding...I just need you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 27, 2020 10:47 pm

"Then Jim...I'm afraid I need your helmsman for a little while longer," McCoy said. Kirk shifted. "Permission granted and I'll be available after the inspection," he said. McCoy smiled at Elyse. "Well...On with you the future Mrs. McCoy," Leonard said and they headed off back into the station.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 27, 2020 10:53 pm

Elyse smiled at Leonard as they headed back into the station. "I feel like this is a dream that I'm going to wake up from and don't want to. I was...not happy about the prospect of waiting 4 to 5 years for us to finally get married when we know that's what we want. Did you...did you ask my father for my hand?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am

McCoy smiled as they walked. "I burned an entire bottle of 30 year Bourbon for that," McCoy said. "He thought me being a doctor was good for you. That I would...keep you out of trouble," McCoy said. "Your mother asked me what I thought about children right off," McCoy said. "It seems she has her heart set on a grand daughter," McCoy said. "And your father wants a grandson," he added.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 am

Elyse felt relieved that Leonard had asked her father for her hand. Her father was old fashioned in that regard. "Well, I'm glad that my parents are planning our lives for us," she said with a little laugh. She then stopped walking and pulled him over to her and kissed him. It was quite the passionate kiss for them being out in public, but Elyse didn't care. She was incredibly happy. She slowly pulled back from the kiss. "Well, I hope I'm worth more than a bottle of 30 year old Bourbon to you," she whispered to him with a smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 11:11 am

"You Elyse are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. The fact that you are willing to put up with me...to live your life with me...A man could not ask for more in his life," McCoy said. "You are my love, you are my desire Elyse, You are my happiness," McCoy said in a whisper and then kissed her cheek softly. "Now, lets go get those rings!" he said then took her hand and kissed it before then continued on.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 am

Elyse looked into Leonard's eyes and she smiled happily. They continued on and found a jewelry store. Elyse tried on a few rings before deciding on a Marquise cut diamond with a diamond lined platinum band. They picked out wedding bands as well and with that all chosen they were ready to get married.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 am

McCoy had contacted Kirk that they were on their way back. He was surprised that Elyse wanted the ceremony to be done on the bridge but, in a way, it did make sense. That was where she was most comfortable. Elyse picked Amara to be her maid of honor and McCoy picked Scotty as his best man since Kirk was doing the proceedings. Scarlett, Spock, Kal, Sulu, and the other officers were in attendance and Amara had hastily put together a Bouquet for Elyse. White and Red that went well with her hair. Elyse and McCoy were side by side in front of Kirk. Amara was to Elyse's left and Scotty was to McCoy's right.

It was a standard, Starfleet wedding and Kirk was doing a very good job. Everyone was happy it appeared and McCoy actually got a bit choked up when he was reciting his vows which nearly had every woman in attendance close to balling their eyes out. They could tell that he loved Elyse very much. Kal wasn't certain McCoy was right for her but he held his peace and then it was Elyse's turn.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 am

Elyse was trying not to cry, but it was difficult, especially when she saw Leonard get choked up while saying his vows. It was rather fitting that they were getting married on the Enterprise. It was where she and Leonard had met and where they were going to be spending the next 4-5 years of their lives. Leonard could be grumpy and stubborn, but she loved him for that and she knew that he loved her. 

When it was her turn, she looked into Leonard's eyes and repeated the vows to him. There was nothing but love shining in her eyes for him and she couldn't wait to see what life had in store for them.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am

"I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. McCoy...and god help you both,' Kirk said with a smile. "Amara, is everything ready?" Kirk asked. When she nodded he looked back at them. "There is cake and refreshments in the small, dining hall," Kirk said. "And I've delayed the inspection one more day," Kirk said. Everyone was happy about that and it meant Elyse and Leonard could spend the night somewhere...anywhere they wanted.

McCoy and Elyse held cake up to one another's mouths as Amara took a Holo photo of them with her Holo camera. McCoy had tried to stuff a fairly large piece into her mouth and she had done the same to him and they struggled to chew and laugh at the same time. Things got a little heated though when McCoy sucked frosting off of her thumb. Right there in front of everyone. "Whoaaaaa whoa whoa! Lets keep it clean here you two!" Scarlett said though she was laughing herself.

"Where is the nicest Hotel on the station?" Leonard asked. "The Kemah," Kal said. "They have Holo suites. The Sky Yacht is very nice," He said and Leonard looked at Elyse. "You wanna?" he asked softly. And she nodded with a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 12:03 pm

As the reception was happening, Lt. Moran arrived at the station. She headed for the Enterprise and was met by Yeoman Bates, who had been expecting her. She had transferred straight from the USS Phoenix and therefore did not require an additional background check. She was led down to where the reception was happening in order to meet the Captain. Bates had Lt. Moran wait in the hall. He walked over to Captain Kirk, who was talking with Leonard and Elyse. "Sir, I apologize for the interruption but Lt. Moran has arrived."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 12:31 pm

"Oh? Well send her in," he said and the Yeoman gestured for her to enter. Kirk held up his hands. "Everyone, I don't want to take away from whats going on but I wanted you all to meet our new Navigator, Lt. Moran. Please make her feel welcome," Kirk said.

Kal was feel somewhat saddened by his prospects of he and Elyse becoming more when he suddenly saw Fiona. the last time he saw her was at the Academy. The last he had heard was that she was engaged but he forgot to whom. He had lost touch with her.

"Fiona!?" He said in obvious surprise. He smiled. Her hair was braided in an intricate way. She very much looked like the girl he knew back in Ireland. But bloomed into a beautiful woman. Large blue eyes, plumb red lips that looked fine for kissing. He stepped up toward her with a drink in his hand. He smiled, seeing her was a very good surprise.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Fiona was surprised to suddenly see Kal Marshall. The last she had heard he was serving on the Defiant, but she had heard what had happened. She was relieved to see him and they happily embraced. They had been best friends back in Ireland, but after her father's death her mother had been forced to sell the pub her father had run and then they moved to the United States. Fiona had lost touch with Kal, but they had met up again at the Academy. However, they had then lost touch again after graduating. Fiona hadn't realized how much she had needed a friend with all that was going on in her life until she saw Kal. 

"I'm so relieved you're ok. I heard what happened to the Defiant and I was terribly worried."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Kal's smile faded. He was far from alright when the Defiant or Flynn was concerned. "I was lucky," was all he said about it and his smile returned. "I don't see a ring on your finger, aren't you supposed to be engaged?" He asked. Everyone was watching them though Elyse and McCoy took the opportunity to step out. McCoy wanted to get Elyse alone and it was hard not to be in a hurry for that. But...Elyse was...well, Elyse and he wanted to make love to her as many times as they could handle before tomorrow. Kal saw her smile fade.

"Oh...uh, I'm sorry, I didn't know," Kal said. He truly had lost touch with Fiona and he now felt guilty about that.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 28, 2020 1:06 pm

One look at Kal and she could tell that he wasn't alright after what had happened on the Defiant. She didn't have a lot of details, but she knew that Wesley Flynn was dead. However, when Kal mentioned her engagement she felt her smile suddenly fade. 

"I called off the engagement two weeks before our wedding and asked for an immediate transfer. I just realized that I didn't want to marry him. I can't really explain why...other than I just realized that I didn't truly love him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next