The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325 Empty A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 am

James and Amara has decided it was time to give Scotty and Sofia a little nudge. They were clearly still in love, but Scotty was being stubborn... as usual. The plan was to set up ensign Jason Davis from security with Sofia and then James would ensure that Scotty learned that Jason was going out with Sofia. They just hoped that this would do the trick. They needed those two back together.

Amara and James were in the bar sitting at a table. They happened to be next to Jason and that was no accident. They wanted to ensure he overheard them.

“So, it looks like Scotty and Sofia aren’t getting back together,” she said casually, but loud enough for him to hear.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325 Empty Re: A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:04 pm

"As long as they keep doing what they're doing, keeping this ship from falling apart, what they do in their spare time...I really don't care," Kirk said. That was more or less true too.

Jason had decided to get a drink. He had just been staying in lately and tonight he felt like something sweet. His drink was a an Andorian stargazer. He had no idea what was in it, only that it was sweet and looked cool. The liquids remained separate because they were of slightly different viscosity.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325 Empty Re: A Little Nudge in the Right Direction 2259.325

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Amara nodded a little. “I’m just wondering who will date Sofia next. There are several guys on the ship who are interested in her that I know of.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:29 pm

It only dawned on him what the Captain and Amara were saying. They were talking about Sofia and Scotty. And she was single now? If this was true this was an opportunity to see if she would like to go out with him. Jason was crazy about Sofia and wanted to very much get to know her better.

"Indeed, she's quite the catch," Kirk said but Jason didn't stick around to hear what else they said. He pushed his drink away, gave the bartender a nod of thanks and he was out of there!

He went right to Sofia's room and hit the door chime. He straightened his hair and sniffed himself. He had put on a little bit of cologne but now much.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Sofia had reprogrammed the biometrics on her door so it wouldn’t automatically open for Scotty. Ever since their breakup she had continued to hold out hope that he would eventually come to his senses. She still had no idea what had prompted his behavior but felt it was up to him to come and talk to her if he chose to.

When she heard the door chime she walked to the door and opened it. It wasn’t until she saw it wasn’t Scotty that she realized she had been hoping it would be. Instead, it was Jason Davis. She knew who he was, but she hadn’t really spent a lot of time with him.

“Hello Jason,” she said in her Spanish accent. “Is there something I can help you with?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

"Hi...Sofia. I was wondering...I was just at the bar and thought about why was I drinking alone. I was wondering...would you...like to go have a drink with me?" he asked sweetly. He was smiling at her and his eyes were bright from just seeing her. She was gorgeous with light brown hair and ruby lips. "I had this thing called an Andorian Stargazer. It was pretty good," He added.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Sofia had never considered dating anyone else. She had thought Scotty would just come back to her, but she was now beginning to think that it wasn’t going to happen and that she should just move on. Jason was nice and good looking. Would it hurt to give it a try?

“I would like that. That sounds nice.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:00 pm

"Excellent," Jason said excitedly. He noticed Sofia wasn't dressed for a night out. "Uh, I could...wait out in the hall if you'd prefer?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Sofia realized she wasn’t dressed to go out so she nodded when he offered to wait out in the hall while she got changed. She closed the door and got changed into a little black dress and a pair of black heels. She didn’t often have the opportunity to get dressed up so she seized it. She fixed her hair and makeup and when she was ready she stepped out into the hall.

“Ok, I’m ready.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Jason had been leaning up against the wall waiting. She took a bit of time and when he heard the door open and he looked at way he nearly goggled. "Wow," He said in a giggling grin. Heads turned at they walked side by side.

"So, I know so little about you. why did you decide on Engineering? As an Officer I mean. That's uncommon for a woman," Jason said and that was true. Engineering wasn't a very glamorous profession but he knew she was good at her job.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Sofia was pleased by Jason's reaction. Scotty hadn't reacted quite that way as much towards the end of their relationship. That had been because they had reached a certain comfort level with each other. That had been nice, but it was nice to still get a reaction out of a guy.

"Well, it was ultimately because of my father. He served on the USS Lakota for years. My mom became pregnant with me right after they got married and he had left so I didn't meet him for a long time. My mom became sick and died when I was 8 and I went to live with my aunt and uncle. When I was 10 my father was badly injured while doing some ship repairs and was forced to retire early. I had never met him and so it was...awkward between us. We were strangers to each other. However, when I showed an interest in engineering that is what bonded us together. I had always loved fixing and building things, but it was really my father that made me want to become an Engineer. He was extremely proud when he heard I was assigned to this mission."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:36 pm

"Well he should be. I've heard nothing but great things...not that I've been keeping an eye on you or anything. Just what people have said. I bet in less than 10 years you'll be chief engineer here or somewhere," he said as they turned into the bar. Now there were quite a few people in there and Kirk tapped Amara on the ear then nodded over toward the doorway. "That didn't take long," He said. "I gotta hand it to the kid, he's got chops," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Sofia smiled at Jason's compliment. Although it felt strange to think about leaving the Enterprise to be a Chief Engineer. It would mean she wouldn't be with Scotty. Despite everything that was currently going on with them, the thought made her sad. They walked into the bar and found a place to sit. "I think I'll have the drink you were telling me about," she said with a little smile.

Amara looked over and saw Jason walk in with Sofia. "No, it didn't," she replied. She then looked back at James. "So, how are you going to get word to Scotty about this?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:54 pm

"Oh, I think 'that' part of this will solve itself," Kirk said. "I mean look," He said and others in the bar glanced over toward them. Scotty was a common personality here in the bar.

Jason moved up to the bartender, a Bolian, and asked for 2 Stargazer's," The Bolian smiled and nodded and said he'd bring them over. Jason came and sat back down across from her. "That's got to be tough, losing your mother like that. But I'm happy that you were able to form a good relationship with your father," he said. "For myself, I pretty much had a normal childhood, also an only child but i had a few, good friends that kept me out of trouble. I considered just doing something planet side as far as law enforcement but I met a recruiter and she talked me into taking the tests," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Amara nodded. "I suppose you're right about that. I hope this plan works."

Sofia sat at the table while Jason went up to place their drink orders. When he came back, he told her a little bit about himself. "So, are you glad you decided to take the tests and join Starfleet, or do you wish you were back on Earth?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Jason shrugged. "The job is about the same but...I didn't do well in the Zero 'G' training. It makes my stomach queasy," He said honestly. "But I've made some friends here and...Oh," he said as his face brightened. "Have you tried Kal's new Holodeck program...Fair Haven? Oh my god its incredible. He's quite the writer I guess. You can literally dress up and be one of the village or play as a newcomer. There's a few old, Irish Mysteries and you can take part into trying to figure them out. Or just go for a walk or a hike. Go to the pub and get an ale or play rings," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Sofia smiled and shook her head when Jason asked her if she had tried Kal's new holodeck program. "No, I haven't gotten the opportunity yet. It's funny because even though I built the holodeck I barely have time to spend there. Although Scotty and I used to...." She immediately stopped talking when she realized that she had started talking about Scotty. The smile faded momentarily from her face as she thought about the times they had spent together in the holodeck. She then looked back up at Jason. "No...I haven't tried it yet."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:17 pm

The drinks finally came and the Bolian set them down. Jason smiled. "Wait for it," Jason said and the bartender smiled and used a finger to 'tink' the glasses. When he did that the liquid inside had created a bright, ball of orange light for a moment in the glass. Then the liquid's settled but looked layered and festive in the glass. He raised his up to her and they clinked glasses. The glow wasn't as much as the first time but it still made them smile.

"Well, we should go...maybe tomorrow evening?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Sofia smiled as she watched the display that happened when the bartender 'tinked' the glasses. After he left, she clinked glasses with Jason and then took a sip. She considered Jason's suggestion and found that she hesitated for a moment. She then forced herself to say yes. She knew she needed to get over Scotty somehow.

"That sounds wonderful," she said with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:31 pm

They talked for about an hour and a half before Sofia decided that she needed to get some sleep. Jason talked her to her quarters. At her door she opened it and turned to face him.

"I really had a good time Sofia. Fair Haven is very early 20th century Ireland. So you can look up what they wear in the replicator menu," he said. "I know you're going to love it," he said. "Well, I guess this is good night," he said then opted just for a hug. "Bye," he said as he stepped away with a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Sofia and Jason talked mostly about life onboard the Enterprise and the missions the crew had been on so far, however, they also talked a little about their childhood and experiences they had had on Earth. Sofia had an early morning the next day, so they eventually called it a night and Jason walked her to her quarters. She stopped before going in and turned to face him. She nodded when he suggested she use the replicator to find something appropriate to wear during the holodeck program. 

"Good night Jason," she said and hugged him back. She stepped into her quarters and the door closed behind her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 pm

The next day they were very busy. After they had done the repairs after the Doomsday Machine attach, they had to do a bunch of diagnostics work. Her hand was still a bit stiff but it was beginning to loosen up. There were no scars. Jason once again sat across from her in the Officers Mess and he looked quite dashing in his uniform and it was spotless. He noticed that she didn’t have any of the Spanish food that Chef made today. He loved it, a Spanish rice dish and he got a plate full.

“You don’t like Spanish food?” He asked her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Sofia’s right hand was still giving her a little bit of trouble, but everyday it was slowly getting better. Thankfully, there would be no burn scar. Jason has asked her to lunch and she had agreed. There was some Spanish food that day, but Sofia had opted for some Italian pasta. She gave a little shrug when Jason asked her if she liked Spanish food.

“I love it, but the ‘Spanish’ food they make here doesn’t compare to what I’m used to...and I’ve eaten it my entire life so I try to get other things to expand my palette.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:07 pm

“Ah so it’s either the really good stuff from home or you try new things. Well I can understand that,” Jason said. “I’m super stoked about this evening. I really want to see you on an old, Irish dress,” he said. “I bet you’ll look amazing,” he said. “I heard you and Scotty were on the Constitution, I didn’t get a look at that ship. How massive was it?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Sofia took a sip of her drink and looked at Jason when he asked about the Constitution. “It was pretty massive. It was a dreadnaught after all. I had never been on one myself. I think fully operational it would have been an impressive ship.”

After lunch, Sofia headed back to Engineering. She started to get back to work, having no idea that Scotty had learned about Jason and herself.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next