The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94 Empty Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Kal had seen the ship’s psychologist and she suggested that he talk over his feelings with a friend. He asked Elyse if she would do that though she seemed somewhat hesitant. Kal sat in a chair that he brought over from the small breakfast nook in her room and Elyse sat in the chair at her desk.

“First off, I really want a thank ya for agreeing ta help me,” Kal said. “This isn’t easy, as I’m feeling an unusually high amount of anxiety...just sittin here talkin to ya,” Kal said. “I’m pushing through it but please don’t take what I say personally,” Kal said.

“I know you’re still with the doctor and you two are a thing. I don’t know what you see in him and I think you and I make a better couple, but that’s just my opinion. So is that I find you extremely beautiful. I don’t resent the doctor but I really like you Eleyse, I always have,” Kal said honestly. “This is my truth that I’m tellin ya, I’m not tryin ta make a pass at ya err nuthin,” he said.

“I bring it up now because I don’t know anyone else here and I use my feelings for you as an anchor to keep me grounded. What was done ta me...havin someone else take over my will...leaves me sometimes wondering if what I’m doing is my decision or someone else’s,” he said. “But those feelings I have for ya, the tings I think about ya...those are my thoughts...I know that...I need to know that,” Kal said. He was leaned back in the chair and only occasionally met her eyes.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94 Empty Re: Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Elyse had agreed to see Kal. She and Leonard were sharing a hotel room again, but Leonard was with Kirk checking on Amara and other patients. She had decided to meet Kal at her quarters on the ship however. She was glad that Kal had spoken to Dr. Campbell. After everything he had been through she knew that he was likely feeling very uneasy. She had made them both some tea and she sat a little ways away from him. She held her tea cup in her hand as she listened to Kal. She remembered the first time she and Kal had met. It had actually been their first day of classes at the Academy. They had sat next to one another and there had been a rather friendly competition between them to see who could get the most correct answers. That friendly competition had continued throughout their time at the Academy. Elyse liked Kal, but she just couldn't see herself with him. However, she couldn't help but feel...flattered by his attentions towards her. 

She put down her tea cup and she looked at him after he finished speaking. "Kal, I can't imagine going through what you went through. It's going to take time for you come to terms with it. I'm always here if you need to talk." She was quiet a moment before continuing on. "I'm flattered by your compliments and attention Kal. I will never try to deny you those feelings."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94 Empty Re: Things Left Unsaid Stardate 2259.94

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Kal sipped his tea and felt the warmth of the cup run through his hands. "Wesley was my best friend...the brother I never had," Kal said. "I know he had one of those personalities that made you either hate him or like him but, I've come to really know the man. He cares about his ship and his crew...I mean...I did," Kal said. He tried to continue, he really did but he felt a wave of emotion move over him. Wesley, Garrett, Reggie, Francis, Julia...all dead.

"I received a transmission," he said though it was difficult. "The planet that Khan had deposited the crew on..." he said and looked down at his tea. The dark brown color of the water and the ripple of it drew his attention a moment. "There was some kind of...creature...parasite...and it killed several of the crew," Kal said as he spilled a little of the tea. He turned and sat the cup down as his emotions had taken over. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry," Kal said. as he struggled to get hold of his emotions.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 8:59 pm

Elyse looked at Kal as she listened to him and she saw his emotions start to get the better of him. She got up and moved over to him and put her arms around him and comforted him. "None of this is your fault. You shouldn't blame yourself. I know its difficult not to when you are in a command position, but this is all Khan's doing. You are a good man Kal...and a wonderful officer. Captain Kirk is happy to have you join our crew."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elyse looked at Kal as she listened to him and she saw his emotions start to get the better of him. She got up and moved over to him and put her arms around him and comforted him. "None of this is your fault. You shouldn't blame yourself. I know its difficult not to when you are in a command position, but this is all Khan's doing. You are a good man Kal...and a wonderful officer. Captain Kirk is happy to have you join our crew."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Kal felt comfort from Elyes’s empathy. The Psychologist had been right about this. But it didn’t help Kal with his embarrassment of breaking down in front of her. He was a strong and tall man. Always filled with confidence. Now he sniveled and cried like a child. Eventually he calmed down but he had had to take his leave of her. Though she said that it was alright, he didn’t think so and he left her quarters with an offer to call on her again if he needed to talk.

McCoy helped Amara to her and Jim’s hotel He highly doubted she have any lasting effects considering how fast she had healed her wounds. He let her take a shower and than stayed to make certain she got dressed and into bed. He gave her a sleep aid with directions on how to use it as well.

"I wanted to thank you Amara...I doubt there can be too much of that around here. For what you did. If you need anything...anything at all, you call me, day or night," he said then left her alone.

Kirk had passed McCoy on the way to his hotel room. McCoy told him the situation and Kirk bid him farewell. He came into the hotel somewhat more excited than he had left. And he should, he had her orders on a PADD in his hand. Amara would hear him come in and he found his way to the bedroom. He paused at the doorway just to look at her. because he could look at her, and not a dead body. After a while, she noticed him just watching her silently.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 9:35 pm

Amara was glad to get out of the hospital. She hadn't ever really spent any time in a hospital, but now that she had she found that she didn't like it. She was recovering quickly, but she still needed rest. She appreciated it when McCoy helped her to her and James' hotel room. He stayed while she took a shower and then got into bed. She took the bottle of sleeping pills McCoy gave her and she settled into bed.

She was doing some reading when James came in. She slowly became aware that someone was watching her and she looked up to see him standing in the doorway looking at her. She saw the little smile on his face and that caused her to smile.

"What?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Kirk smiled. "Oh...I just missed seeing you in our bed," Kirk said. He saw her shift onto her side. She didn't do anything specific, he just looked at her. Even there, with her hair undone like it was he thought her beautiful. "I have more reading material for you," He said and crossed the room. He sat on the edge of the bed and handed her the digital PADD.

It was an Official Starfleet Orders Packet. Her name was at the top and, in official jargon, it detailed how she was to be officially assigned to the Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk. It gave her the Rank of Lieutenant and her career records, besides her official training.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Amara smiled at James. She had missed being in bed with James as well. She found it difficult to sleep when he wasn't beside her. She watched as he crossed the room and sat down on the edge of the bed. She took the digital PADD he handed her. When she saw what it was she felt tears come to her eyes. She had entered Starfleet Academy as a spy, only there to gather information for the Romulans. However, she had come to care about Starfleet and especially the crew of the Enterprise. Knowing that she was now truly apart of Starfleet was overwhelming for Amara. She truly felt like she belonged somewhere for the first time in her life. 

"How did you make this happen?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 pm

Kirk just looked at her for a few moments. "I could lie...but I won't. I told the Admiral that it was the right thing to do and if they didn't see it the way I saw it, I didn't want to be apart of starfleet," he said. "Your record has been stricken and only your training can be viewed by anyone. As far as starfleet is concerned, you've spent all your time on the Enterprise," he said as he shifted to balance on the edge of the bed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Amara looked at James as he told her the truth. As he spoke, she felt her love for him swell in her heart. This was a man who on multiple occasions had been willing to give up his commission for her. She moved on the bed and gently pulled him down to lay next to her. They were facing one another and she reached out and gently brushed back some hair from his face.

"I love you so much James T. Kirk. You mean everything to me. You've changed my life...literally."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 10:50 pm

"Then kiss me then, and let me watch you sleep for repayment," Kirk said with a grin.

McCoy finally made it to the hotel room. Elyse had set them up and told him she had something planned for him when he got back. He was tired but Elyse always found ways of invigorating him. He came into the entry way. "Elyse?" he called out for her. He wasn't even certain she was here.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Amara smiled and kissed James. It was a long, lingering kiss. She slowly pulled back and then took one of the sleeping pills McCoy had given her. She settled down into James' arms and within a few minutes she was asleep.

Elyse had been waiting for Leonard to get back. He had been working today when he was supposed to be relaxing and she intended to make sure he relaxed...and she knew exactly how to do it. 

"I've been waiting for you." 

When Leonard turned around he would see Elyse standing in the doorway of the bedroom wearing a black lacey lingerie. She had picked it up earlier that day at a local store. It was just revealing enough and in it she looked incredibly sexy. Her hair was down and she wore a little bit of makeup.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 pm

The breath in McCoy's lungs had left when he saw Elyse. She was tall and lean and sexy as hell in what she was wearing. A sort of blcck, lacey lingerie. He swallowed hard. "So I'm...not getting any sleep am I?" McCoy asked and Elyse smiled and shook her head. "Maybe there is a god," McCoy said as he stepped toward her. However before he was able to put his hands on her the bell at the door chimed.

McCoy put his hands on Elyse's thin waist and was about to kiss her when the door chimed again. McCoy pulled back. "Go...away," he said at Elyse's smile. His hands moved down to her hips as he turned back to her.

"Commander Elyse Turner, are you going to answer the damn door!" A loud booming voice said from the door. A familiar voice of a man used to getting his way.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Elyse grinned at Leonard's reaction. It had been precisely what she had been after. She smiled and shook her head at his question. She desperately wanted his hands on her, but before he could the door chimed. However, both she and Leonard tried to ignore it. As Leonard put his hands on her, she stepped towards him and she suddenly heard the door chime again. She didn't know who it could be, but she wanted them to go away...immediately...and clearly so did Leonard. She felt his hands slide down to her hips and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked up into his eyes and their lips almost met when suddenly she heard a loud, booming voice that was all too familiar. Her eyes suddenly widened and she gasped.

"It's my father!" she told Leonard in a quiet, but urgent voice. Why was he here?! She felt panic rise up inside of her. "Hide!" 

She and Leonard started to fumble around each other as she tried to move towards the door and he tried to find a place to hide. "I'm coming!" she told her father. However, just as she reached the door and she remembered what she was wearing and she quickly moved away. "No, wait!" she told Leonard. "I need you to open the door. I can't have my father see me like this!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 26, 2020 9:08 am

When Elyse told him to hide his eyebrows lifted in surprise. "What...hide? Aw, come on!" He said in a hushed voice. They nearly ran into one another as they began to scramble. "You didn't tell them about us?" He asked uncertain if she heard him. And then she was back in the bedroom just before he opened the closet door. "What? C'mon! Jesus," he said as she practically shoved him out of the room and shut the door so she could change. McCoy answered the door.

"Well It's about time!" Idris said and led his wife inside. "And who are you supposed to be, the doorman?" He asked McCoy as they came in. "Where is she?" He asked rudely. "Idris, please! I haven't seen my daughter in ages. If you turn this sour...you'll be sleeping in the spare bedroom," Hope said warningly. Idris looked at her and then back to McCoy.

"Who are ya?" Idris asked suspiciously. "And where is Elyse?" He demanded. Hope came up and put a hand on his forearm to remind him of what she had said.

"I'm Doctor McCoy, Doctor Leonard McCoy," Leonard said as he extended his hand to Idris. "You can call me Admiral or Admiral Turner...Lieutenant," Idris said harshly. Why was this man here? He wondered. Leonard was still in his uniform. He was also exhausted, hungry, thirsty and still thinking about how Elyse looked in the black lingerie. He had seen just a hint of her lovely pink...

"A doctor huh...Is she...sick?" Idris asked. Hope's eyes goggled.

"Is she ok? Is my baby alright?" Hope asked suddenly worried. McCoy had a reasonable assumption that they were Elyse's parents and now he knew.

"No Mrs. Turner, she's fine. She's just changing...I think," he said carefully. And Idris's eyes narrowed. "So, that's how the wind blows does it," Idris said. "Oh, a Doctor..." Hope said with a small grin. "You serve with her?" Hope asked. "Yes, we're both on the Enterprise," he said. "Fraternizing on a starship!?" Idris said roughly. "Well I gotta mind ta give Kirk a what for! These young Captains areen't worth a damn," Idris said as he glared at McCoy. McCoy had had about enough of this man. He was tired and wanted to just curl up in Elyse's arms for a few hours. Was that too much to ask? That's all, just a few hours...

"I have the utmost respect for Elyse and Captain Kirk. And Kirk is my friend so watch what you say about them, old man," McCoy said and glared right back. Idris's eyes opened in outrage. "Why I outta!" He started but then Elyse stepped out of her room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 am

Elyse got changed as quickly as possible. She hated the fact that she was the one taking off this lingerie, but perhaps later she and Leonard could try again...maybe? She put back on her uniform because...well this was her father after all. The man practical slept in his. She then panicked as she tried to think of where she could hide the lingerie. She ended up stuffing it under the mattress. She pulled her hair back into a sleek ponytail and wiped off the make up. She then forced herself to take several deep breaths to calm herself before stepping out of the bedroom. 

"Hi Dad. Hi Mom," she said with a smile as she walked over and hugged them both. It was then that she sensed the tension in the room. What the hell had happened?! "I see you both have met Leonard...I mean Dr. McCoy. He's the finest surgeon in Starfleet."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 am

Hope got to her first and nudged Idris back. She had a few tears in her eyes. "Oh my darling girl, it's been too long," she said as she hugged her. Her father hugged her and then looked at her collar. "You seem to be missing a few pips," He said in a disapproving tone. "Idris..." Hope said in a warning voice. "And you needn't be so coy about the fact that you and this...'Doctor' are together.," he said and turned to his way as he let go of her.

"It's just like Levi...you let them just do what they want and this is what happens. No sense 'at all'," He said. Levi had passed up a promotion and re-assignment to be with Jennifer. They were engaged now with no solid plan for marriage.

"What are ya thinking Elyse?" Idris said as he quickly seemed to calm down and moderated his tone. "You're own command...that just doesn't happen," Idris said. That much was true. It had been Spock's and Kirk recommendation. Kirk couldn't promote her to Commander without her going through Command School but Starfleet could do whatever it wanted and Kirk and Spock had sent information regarding her taking command on occasion and being a leader aboard ship. Elyse had read their glowing reports about her though there were things Commander training taught that she knew she didn't know. That and she hadn't even approached Spock or the Captain yet about that.

"Elyse," hope said. And as she began to speak Leaonard wished he were anywhere else but here. He saw Elyse's cheeks flush with color. "This is your career. You've worked so hard honey," Hope said softly. She had prayed for a daughter and she had been blessed with one. Hope had long, strawberry blonde curls though it was tied back. She still looked very young and had no gray hair yet. McCoy took a good look at her and if she was what Elyse would look like at that age, he was indeed a very lucky man.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am

Elyse loved her father very much, but the man was extremely intimidating and short tempered. He wanted things done HIS way and no other way was acceptable. The book of Starfleet Regulations was his Bible. He was also an extremely hard worker and would never ask anyone to do anything he wasn't prepared to do himself. For that reason he had a reputation and had gotten himself to where he was today. Having him as her father was an honor...but bearing the Turner name carried so much weight and she knew that Levi was feeling it as well. They had spoken a few months before when he had passed up a promotion and reassignment to be with his then girlfriend Jennifer. Her parents had made marriage and a family work, but they had done it the old fashioned way. They had met while working on the same ship together, he at the Helm and she as the Navigator and they had fallen in love. After they married, she had immediately become pregnant with Holden and she stayed on Earth and they only saw each other when he was between missions. She became a Professor at the Academy and taught Starship Navigation. For Elyse though, as the only female child, more pressure had been put on her than on Holden or Levi. She had to work harder to get the same praise as either of them from her father and it was always assumed that she would remain single and progress through her career. And that had been her priority for a long time. However, after meeting Leonard, Elyse's priorities had shifted. Trying to explain this to her father though was not going to easy.

"I know that doesn't just happen Father. I know it was an incredible opportunity, but...I'm not sure it's what I want...at least not right now. I'm taking part in a historic mission with the Enterprise and I decided that that is where I wanted to be."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 26, 2020 10:14 am

Idris shifted and put his hands on her arms. "Elyse...missions come and go. Starfleet will be around for a long time. There is an epic opportunity, right now for Young Officers. The war with the Klingons has us building ships and needing officers to Captain them. You have Command experience, I've read those recommendations. True I thought they were a bit flowery and you could use a bit more seasoning but commanding a starship is all I've ever wanted for you," he said softly.

"Do you see, now, why I've been so hard on you? Because I know you could take it. Because I know you could push yourself harder and further than your peers. Now I've pulled some strings...I can get you the Endeavor, the offer was still there and will be until someone takes it. Please Elyse...you have your whole life for...other things," he said as his eyes shifted to Leonard before they shifted back onto her.

Listening to all of this made Leonard realize now what Elyse was going through. What she had to deal with. He was upset, at first that she hadn't taken Starfleet's offer but now. Now he was beginning to understand her. She's been pushed her entire life. The moment she decides to stand against all the pushing, she's being put down for it. This wasn't fair he thought and his love and respect for her bloomed inside of him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am

Elyse was hating every moment of this, but she needed to stand up to her father. She couldn't let the Turner name dictate her life anymore...she wouldn't. She was her own person...not just a name. She stepped back from her father and she forced herself to look at him. "I'm tired of having my life decided for me. My entire life was planned out before I was even born. Well, not anymore. I'm an adult and I can and will make my own decisions. I appreciate what you are trying to do for me Father, but it's not what I want. I'm my own person...not just a name. I'm going to remain on the Enterprise as a Lt. Commander."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 am

Idris's eyes grew large and his face began to get redder and redder as she went on. "You selfish...ungrateful...child!" He said and his hand twitched to slap her. Hope took hold of his right arm before he could. "Idris! Elyse!" She said angrily.

"You selfish....Do you think that Starfleet is just some weekend country club? We're dealing with real problems Elyse. We need ships out there, as many as we can get! We need them on our borders and now, with the Romulans and the Cardassians suddenly deciding to join the fray, we NEED ships out there!" He said and shrugged off his wife.

"If you want to sit back and let 'others' do it, that's fine. None of them have your combat experience or ever fired on another ship. God damn you Elyse..." He said in exasperation. "This isn't a woman before me, this is a girl. Afraid of her own shadow! he said. "Go on then, sit at a console and Pew pew all you want!" he said. "Idris, I said...that's...enough! I didn't come here to listen to you rant at our baby!" Hope said angrily. She could see how upset and angry Elyse was. She didn't know this Leonard McCoy but he looked about to burst with outrage. If she didn't find a way to cool this down, this would turn into a brawl. Idris and Elyse were so much alike, is the problem.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

Elyse found herself growing more and more upset as her father spoke. She had been so happy before he had gotten here. She had felt confident and hadn't questioned herself and now she was...now it was just like when she was a child. She felt herself starting to crack and knew she couldn't cry in front of her father. That would only add fuel to his fire. 

"I don't appreciate you showing up here unannounced and berating me. When you're ready to talk calmly I will talk to you...but not before then," she said and then turned and walked back to the bedroom and slammed the door closed.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 26, 2020 11:10 am

Hope just growled in frustration and headed toward where Elyse had gone. She opened the door and closed it behind her. That left Idris with McCoy. McCoy considered throwing him out...bodily of he had to but instead...

“Bourbon?” He asked. It was only 9am but it had been a rough morning so far. “One cube,” was all Idris said and Leonard moved to get them drinks.

Hope stood at the door. “Elyse...come here my darling,” Hope said sweetly with her arms extended to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next