The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melantha (December 2011)

2 posters

Go down

Melantha (December 2011) Empty Melantha (December 2011)

Post by Conleth Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am

Evan’s father was the foremost scientist in Dark Matter but he was working on a very important project for SHIELD and had not been home in weeks. They lived in a nice, large brownstone in Queens, the same home that Evan grew up in. Evan’s mother aged much slower than other humans and though she was ancient, she was a full figured, dark haired beauty that scarcely looked older than 35 years old. She answered the door herself and once she saw Evan she took him up into a hug.

“Oh Evan!” She said excitedly, a few tears rolled down onto her cheeks. A mother who dearly loved her one and only son and child and missed him greatly. “Mother, I’d like you to meet Serena...Serena Stark, daughter of Tony and Isabella Stark,” Evan said formally as he stood to the side. “Serena, this is Melantha Cullen, my mother,” he said. At first Melantha said nothing as she looked at Serena. Her dark eyes peered into her own as if she were trying to see into her very soul. She looked at Serena’s outstretched hand and tilted her head slightly. And then her lips turned up into a smile and she enveloped Serena into a hug no less grand or heartfelt that Evan had received. She kissed Serena’s cheek then took her hand.

“It is wonderful to meet you Serena, please, come, come in!” She said. The house was very clean and it had a very homey feel to it. There were mostly antiques for furniture and other old things that decorated the shelves and rooms in the large house and it was decorated for Christmas. “May I get you something? Coffee, tea? I have those cookies you love?” Melantha offered and her smile was warm and genuine. She looked at Serena. “My aren’t you beautiful Serena,” She complimented and Evan sighed. “Mother…” Evan was about to complain about her lack of decorum but Serena might suspect that Melantha was often free with her mind to everyone to Evan’s chagrin. “What? Well she is, are you two having sex or are you just friends?” She asked as if it were the most normal question in the world. Evan sighed in exasperation as if this too was something he had had to contend with more than once. “Yes mother, we’re together,” Evan said and saw how red Serena’s cheeks were. He mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ with a wince in commiseration.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Melantha (December 2011) Empty Re: Melantha (December 2011)

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Serena was excited and nervous about meeting Evan's mother. Meeting the parents was a big deal in a relationship, although the reason for this meeting was not normal by any standards. However, Serena had already talked to her parents about having Evan over for dinner at the Tower soon. It seemed like her relationship with Evan was progressing and it seemed time for them to meet.

His parent's house was a lovely brownstone and as the door opened she was surprised by how young his mother looked. Her own mother was aging extremely well, but Evan's mother almost seemed to have stopped aging...or was aging so slowly that one didn't notice. Serena had to keep reminding herself that his mother was not a normal human. She stood back and let Melantha greet Evan. Serena couldn't help but smile at how much his mother seemed to love her son. They clearly had a good, close relationship. However, as Melantha's eyes fell upon her she became nervous. Serena felt as if she was looking into her very soul and judging her. She very much loved her son and wanted his mother to like her. She offered her hand to shake but suddenly Melantha pulled her into an embrace. All of Serena's worries melted away then and she smiled and stepped into the house along with Evan. The house was decorated for Christmas and had a warm, homey feel to it. Serena felt at home right away here. Serena removed her coat and scarf and hung them up by the door. She blushed at Melantha's compliment, but then blushed even more when Evan's mother outright asked if they were sleeping together. She gave Evan a little smile when he mouthed that he was sorry and then looked at his mother again.

"I'm very happy to finally be meeting you. Evan speaks very highly of you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 pm

Melantha began brewing tea and she stepped into the kitchen to get out the cookies. “He’s a very thoughtful boy...and it’s difficult for me to think of him as a man though obviously he is a man,” she said. She had an accent that gave her words an odd...slurring to them. She recalled how Evan spoke when he was coming out of his stupor. His accent sounded alot like that.

“We’ll have to schedule some ‘us’ time Serena so we can talk about him without him around. He embarrasses so easily,” she said almost in delight. Serena saw Evan’s cheeks bloom with color at that but he managed to keep a straight face.

“I’d like to say we’re here for just a visit mother but we’re not...I...I think we should just sit down and talk,” Evan said and Melentha’s face drew down into a concerned frown. Tea and cookies were served but no one had touched them as Evan explained what happened. He spoke about Nyx and how she kept trying to pull him into the plane of Chaos where she had come from. Melantha listened intently at what Evan said and Evan reached for Serena’s hand when he got to the worst part. Nyx had touched him. This part he did not tell Serena.

“When she...touched my face it was like I was looking at my life from the beginning. Like through a mirror. In just that brief moment I saw my entire life flash through my mind and I think she knows it now. I don’t know what she will do with it, I’m not really important. I’m just a college student,” He said.

“Nyx doesn't do anything without a purpose my son. If she’s shown an interest in you than she’s after something,” she said then her eyes slowly shifted over to Serena, and then Evan’s did to. “Serena? Why her?” Evan asked in obvious alarm. Serena might recall that Nyx did smile at her and seemed eager to touch her but she had escaped before she could.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:08 pm

Serena sat quietly as Evan told his mother what had happened the night before. Whenever Serena closed her eyes she could still see Nyx. She could still see her outstretched hand reaching towards her...the unnerving smile on her face. It made Serena shudder to think about.

Suddenly, she felt Evan take her hand and was upset to learn that Nyx had touched him. She didn’t know what this woman wanted. Then, she saw Melantha’s eyes shift over to her. She could see Evan start to become upset. She became alarmed.

“What would she want with me?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:29 pm

“It could be something you know or something you’ve seen. It could be for leverage against Evan or someone else,” Melantha said. “The point is, Nyx is taking time to seek you and so you should be cautious. The world should be cautious,” she said.

“If Nyx wants something from you or me than whatever it is, we must deny her this,” Evan said but Serena could see he looked...troubled. And also afraid...for her. A bad sign. From her experience in the tower, men who feared that their women could be hurt often did very stupid things. She could see it in his eyes. He would ask her to stay away from him or drive her away. When she turned back to Melantha the woman was looking at her and she furled her brow and nodded to her as if to infuse Serena with her confidence.

“I am sorry this is happening son but I can not help you other than give this advice. I am more susceptible to Nyx’s powers than anyone else on this world. And you...are the most resilient against her,” she said as she looked at Evan. “Your ‘gift’ can protect you, both of you so use them my son,” Melantha said.

As they left and headedback to Evan’s car he stopped just before he opened the door for Serena. He turned toward her and just like she suspected his face took on that anguished look and she saw his mouth working silently to find the words he so did not want to say to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:08 pm

Serena walked with Evan out to the car. She was still mentally processing everything Melantha had told them about Nyx. This was a very serious situation they were now in and she could tell that Evan was worried about her. She looked at him before they got into the car and could see he wanted to say something. She already knew what it was and she stopped him before he could open his mouth.

“No, don’t say it Evan. I love you and you’re not going to push me away. We’re going to handle this together. Do you understand?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Evan did understand. He wished he was stronger. Strong enough to make her do what he wanted. But he was not that strong and so he turned his fear and worry into something else. That night Evan had made love to Serena with more passion, more love than he ever had before. For tomorrow might be their last.

It wasn’t ofcourse and for the coming weeks life was not much different than it had been. College was college, work was work and most evenings they spent in the lab with the others. Both Evan and Serena agreed not to tell anyone about any of this. Adam had given in to Harper finally. They were now dating but Evan was thankful that, like he and Serena, they were professional when they were at the lab. There was so much to do yet. The containment cell was fully built and the lasers were coming along. Serena was at her computer when suddenly she experienced what Evan had. A sudden loss of time. Reilly had tried to snap her out of it but it was Evan, called over by Harper that drew her out of it.

“What were you doing? It looked like you were still working but your eyes looked as if you were in a daze,” Harper said. Serena had been working on the algorithm program. She had destroyed the backups and closed the program all while in this stupor. She couldn’t know what was modified or go back to a backup file. Her only options were to delete it all and start again or continue working on the program. Page after page she examined the program but she could not find what she changed. This troubled her just as much as it troubled Evan.

Evan experienced a similar loss of time but no one had witnessed what he had done, if he did anything at all. They were both very grateful that the Christmas break was coming, they both needed some time away from the project and some much needed time together. Evan was nervous about meeting Serena's family and the Avengers but it was only fair since she met his mother.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down