The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Program Stardate 2260.33

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A New Program Stardate 2260.33 - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Program Stardate 2260.33

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Elyse's eyes widened at what her husband was saying. She could read through the lines. She knew that ultimately he was blaming her for Carter's death. 

"How about we cinch you up in a dress so tight that you can barely breathe in, let alone move, take away your weapons and then have several large men attack you and see what happens! How dare you accuse us of doing nothing and just letting this all happen! I tried to help Scarlett and Diana and save Carter...I would have done anything for them, but I had three men attacking me at one point!"

Tears came to her eyes. "I'm never going to be able to forget what happened today. This may all be a simulation, but it felt entirely real. I'm already blaming myself for Carter's death...I don't need that from you too."

Scarlett sighed and rubbed her forehead. She was getting a headache. "What do you think we should do?"

Diana closed her eyes and kissed him back. The kiss was soft at first, but then slowly began to heat up. She slowly pulled back and looked into his eyes. She didn't know how much time they had, but Nathan would be able to see the desire in her eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A New Program Stardate 2260.33 - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Program Stardate 2260.33

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:59 pm

"That's easy for you to say, it's Carter that's dead!" McCoy said rising up to her level of anger. This was his way of avoiding his feelings of how worried he had been for her. McCoy was a very stubborn man and this was hardly the first time that he deflected those softer feelings for harder ones like this. When he saw tears in her eyes that was the end of that though. His anger broke inside of him, his heart broke. For her, for Carter, for all three women. His throat burned with the effort to not start crying like she was. Even so he growled and put his arms around her. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"They want us to try and finish the program. If we can, the program should end. I think we need to try and sneak our way into the keep and take him. But, it might be easier if he thought we were dead or detained in some way.

Nathan felt her kiss suddenly deepen and she took his hand and moved it down into the water. She pressed it right on her and gave him that look that made his entire body suddenly catch fire. His fingers slipped inside easily and he saw her eyes close for a moment as her lips parted slightly with what he was doing to her.

The knock on the door made them both jerk in startlement. Spock opened it just a crack. "Nathan...Diane, I need both of you ready to ride as soon as possible," Spock said. Nathan had pulled his hand out of the water and rested it on the edge of the tub. He frowned at Diane who sighed. Another interruption when it would have been so perfect. "I want you, badly," Nathan mouthed soundlessly.

"We're coming Spock," he said with reluctance.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Elyse didn't want Leonard's arms around her right then. She was upset and angry at what he had said to her and she pulled away from him. It was the first time she had ever done that before. "Please...don't touch me right now," she told him as she looked away from him. She just wanted to get this over with. She would do whatever it took. As always, she was willing to risk her own life to save the lives of those she cared about. 

It had been a while since Diana had felt the touch of a man and knowing that Nathan loved her made his touch even that much more special. She knew this wasn't the time or the place, but maybe they could...?

They both jumped when they heard a knock on the door. She sighed when she heard what Spock said. The moment was gone, but she smiled when she saw what Nathan mouthed at her. She let him help her out of the tub and she dried off and then dressed in something that allowed her to move more easily. 

When they were both ready, they met the others. Immediately, Diana could sense that something was going on between Elyse and Leonard. "So, what's the plan?" Diana asked.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Nathan had seen the keep many times. He had studied it and Kal had shown him alot about it. As they all headed outside he noticed that all the women had ditched their dresses in favor of riding clothes and Elyse actually wore men's pants and boots and had them tied up so they wouldn't sag too much. The others had come as well and Robin's band all took a knee. Nathan drew into the dirt with a stick the square keep. He told them how Nottingham was laid out and the best ways to get up close. The best way to clear out a large number of men was a diversion. Nathan would have one of his band dress up as him and lead the bulk of the soldiers away. Once the main contingent was out after 'Robinhood' they could assault the east gate. The east gate was the smallest and it constantly lets people on foot inside who are carrying goods for the keep. He and Elyse, would scale the southern wall and take out any guards with their bows. Once they did that and thhose assaulting the east gate were in, they could move for the keep. The Sheriff is on the top level and their are no guards on the roof. They could use ropes with grapling hooks to move up the walls to the top level.

McCoy would lead the group of characters to support those going up. Namely Nathan, Diana, Elyse, Scarlett and Spock. "Any questions?" He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Elyse was not planning on having another incident happen because she was wearing a restricting dress and unarmed. She was wearing men's pants and boots and had a bow and quiver of arrows. She was actually a pretty good archer, though she would have preferred a phaser. Scarlett and Diana were in dresses, but they were able to move much more easily in them and were also armed with daggers. 

They all listened to Nathan's plan and it seemed like a good one. Elyse had to hope that it was going to work and that no one else would get hurt or killed. She planned to accept responsibility for Carter's death. No one seemed to have any questions and Elyse was ready to get going.

"Let's go."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:46 pm

Nathan pulled Elyse aside when he saw how she looked. She seemed...agitated, as if she took Carter's death personally. "How are you holding up?" he asked as she checked her bowstring and put on her forearm guard and cloak. "I need to know you're going to be part of this team and not try to be some kind of hero. Because I've seen that look before," Nathan said softly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Elyse glanced at Nathan as she checked her bowstring and then put on her forearm guard and cloak. "I am apart of this team, but I plan to do whatever it takes to keep everyone else safe," she told him honestly. She was still upset by her earlier conversation with Leonard, but she wasn't going to let it affect her. "Now, are we going to just stand around talking, or are we going to get going and end this thing?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:56 pm

"No, you do what you are told and nothing more Elyse...Ok, I think maybe you should stay behind," Nathan said and turned to tell the others when she stopped him. He looked back at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Elyse looked at him. She considered Nathan a friend and knew he was just trying to protect her. "I feel I should remind you that I outrank you. I appreciate you trying to protect me and I will follow along with the plan, but Carter is dead and this is no longer fun and games. Our lives are at stake and I'm not going to let anyone else die."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Nathan’s face darkened. “Then you can throw me in the brig later. Carter’s death has unbalanced you Elyse. And In trying to protect someone as you’ve said you would you’d jeopardize everything else. Today I’m leading this and if you don’t like that, I’ll tie you up and leave you behind. You have a part to play just like everyone else. If you want to play mother hen, I can’t use you,” he told her. He had never spoke to her like this before but Nathan knew what he was about.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Elyse was visibly surprised by Nathan's response towards her. She knew he was right about Carter's death unbalancing her, but she hated him pointing it out. She was just glad that no one else was listening to them at that moment. She was quiet for a long while before finally speaking.

"Fine...I'll play my part."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Nathan. Order them rested his hand on her shoulder. “He was a good man and a friend and no one is to blame for his death. It was a horrible accident. Honor him by helping me get us out of here. We must kill the Sheriff,” he said.

They all got on their horses though Spock and Scarlett weren’t the greatest riders. They tore out of the forest and onto the forest road with bows on their backs and quivers of arrows. Nottingham was just over an hour’s ride and when they arrived they had to put on their commoners robes and cloaks. They stashed the horses and hid their bows, quivers, swords, ropes and grappling hooks under their drab robes. Nathan saw that they were checking people as they enter red and he paused by a small mound of horse dung and knelt
Aside it and rubbed it on his robes.

“Do it,” he said as everyone else seemed to look at him as if he were crazy.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:00 pm

Scarlett had never ridden a horse in her life. Diana, on the other hand, was an accomplished rider. She had ridden horses in competition for years and she was extremely comfortable on the back of a horse. She gave the others helpful tips and in just over and hour they arrived near Nottingham. They dismounted and put on their commoner clothes. They hid the materials and weapons they needed under their robes and cloaks. However, as they watched the gate, they noticed that people were being checked before being allowed to enter. Scarlett began to wonder how they were going to get past the guards when Nathan suddenly kneeled down and began to rub horse dung on his robes. When he told everyone else to do it too they all looked at him as if he were crazy at first. Elyse then led the others by doing what Nathan had said and everyone else followed suit. 

"So, why are we doing this?" Diana asked.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Nathan just looked away. "Oh, I just wanted to see if you'd all do it," He said as he stood up and wiped his hands on his robes. He nearly grinned when Elyse paused with a piece of dung in her hand. "You'll see," he amended as they all got up and prepared to move through the line. Nathan was first.

As the guard looked at him Nathan was hunched over and he staggered into the man. The man groaned as to the stench. "Oh I'm sorry guvna...I'm kinda clumsy...Ons ma feets," He said in a very rich accent. The guard scowled and cringed. "Oh...god you stink! Get away from me you lout!" The guard said. And then the others were allowed to pass as well until the horrible stench of the horse dung was past them. By then they were well inside the walls. Inside there were people everywhere. Most were trying to sell things to the new visitors but those too gave them a wide berth. Nathan and Elyse quietly went on straight while the others turned toward the east and headed for the eastern courtyard. It was then that the commotion began.

"It's Robinhood and his men!" A guard on the wall said. Bells and voices rang out above the din of the townsfolk. Before long several men on horses exited the keep and headed out the Northern Gates after them. Then the gates were closed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Scarlett had also rubbed some dirt onto her face. She had a hooded cloak and she would keep that up, but she didn't want to draw too much attention. Elyse and Diana followed suit, although they knew that they did not attract as much attention as Scarlett did. Once they were allowed inside, the group split up as planned. Elyse and Nathan headed to the southern wall of the keep, while the others turned toward the eastern courtyard. Just then, they heard a guard on the call out that they had spotted Robin Hood. A few moments later, a few men on horseback exited the keep and headed out the Northern Gates after "Robin Hood" and his men.

"Well, that seems to have worked," Elyse said to Nathan.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:35 pm

The first part of the plan appeared to be working. That and the guards on the walls were looking out towards the West. Nathan and Elyse readied their arrows and two arrows brought down 2 guards. They had to shift to avoid the bodies as they fell off the wall. Now there was enough empty wall for Elyse and Nathan to use their grapling hooks. Once he got the first to latch he tested it then handed the rope to Elyse who shouldered her bow and started up the wall. He latched the second one but a guard had heard something and had come over to investigate. Elyse was close to the top and she pulled out a dagger. s the guard saw the hooks and leaned over she stabbed his neck and pulled him over the wall to his death.

To the east the others waited for Elyse and Nathan to shoot the wall guards on the East wall.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Despite how angry she was at him, Elyse still hoped that Leonard was alright. After taking out two guards that were on the wall, Elyse then scaled up the wall using a grappling hook. She had to shoulder her bow in order to climb up the rope, but thankfully she had a dagger that she could use against the guard that suddenly appeared. She stabbed him in the neck and then pulled him over the wall where he fell to his death.

She made it to the top and then she waited for Nathan. Once he was up, they shot at the guards on the East wall.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:38 am

The guards on the eastern wall did not go down so easily. They had seen strangers pop up onto the adjacent wall and they also had bows. Nathan adopted the slide. A motion that after and before he fired, he slid to one side. Arrows came in but missed him and it was clear who the guards were aiming at, him. They noticed grappling hooks but could do little about the others who began to climb up them. Scarlett and Diana were fit but climbing like this was still not easy for them. Adrenaline and urgency spurned them up though, even when their arms felt like jelly. Just as they began to swing their legs up more guards fell on them from the North wall but Nathan and Elyse shot them. Swords clanged down from their hands as they flail back, clutching the arrows that protruded from their chests. But more guards were coming around.

“Elyse...get that window above us...we need to get up there!” Nathan said as he knocked another arrow. Scarlett picked up one of the swords and held it in her hands. It was heavy but with both arms she was able to wield it. The guards came in and began to strike at her. She parried their blows but not well. Even so Nathan’s arrows found targets. Dangerously, desperately he shot arrows in and around the ensuing melee. Diana picked up a dropped shield and helped Scarlett impale a guard. Down at the base of the wall McCoy shot one of the guards that had tried to get around an injured man. More guards were coming but like he was indeed Robinhood Nathan picked up an arrow, set it quickly in place then extended his bowstring, fletching to cheek and fired. Every arrow he fired hit home it seemed and the guards who had tried to hit Scarlett had hit their own men in the back.

Nathan knew Elyse wanted to help them and after the first time, she had missed the window, he told her to try again. And then again after it fell a second time. He knew not helping was not a natural feeling but they needed the grappling hook set and fast. Diana deflected 2 arrows with her shield, ones that would have hit Scarlett in the head had she not. Scarlett was struck with a slash in the arm but she impaled the man anyway before she had to drop the sword. Elyse managed, on her third try to get the grappling hook up into the window. All of this adventuring was not easy and all of the women began to feel the ramifications of not being as strong or as hearty as the men in their lives. Swords and shields and armor were heavy, even for them and they were all fit. Nathan shot the last guard who had kicked Diana back before he could impale Scarlett. McCoy at the base of the wall decided to don the fallen guards clothes and helmet. He would order anyone who came toward him back and keep their escape safe should the program not instantly stop after they get the Sheriff.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am

Chaos had ensued, but everyone did what they had to do in order to not only survive, but to end this program. They all needed to work together to make that happen. The women were all extremely fit, but even so they found they had a difficult time after a while. The weapons and shields were extremely heavy, but they managed to wield them. Elyse tried to get the grappling hook up into the window above them. They knew that the sheriff would be up there and only once they killed him would the game end. She failed twice to get the grappling hook set and was starting to get frustrated. However, on the third try she felt it catch and hold. She gave the rope a quick tug to ensure it was secure before she began to climb up the rope. They were running very low on arrows and they needed to make this work, otherwise Elyse wasn't certain what they were going to do.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Nathan went up right after Elyse and the Grappling hook held, thankfully. Diana and Scarlett moved back though there were no guards left on the wells that weren’t either dead or so hurt they couldn’t get up. Diana bandaged her arm but Scarlett would not be able to wield a bow. She could hold a shield though, with both hands.

Elyse had trouble getting into the window. Something snagged the grappling hook and she struggled to get it free. Then she felt Nathan’s hand on her bottom and felt him shove her forward. Her cloak ripped but she tumbled inside and kipped up onto her feet. Nathan grunted as he fell then got onto his feet. They were in a bedroom it appeared and Nathan drew out his longsword and parrying dagger as Elyse knocked an arrow. As they approached the door it opened and a servant stepped inside. Nathan had no time to wonder if he’d give out a shout of alarm, he gutted him right away and kicked him aside as he shifted up to the door. He looked both ways then staying low he headed toward the large sitting room that the Sheriff almost always stayed in during the day. It was the most comfortable room in the keep and he often had women in there in various stages of undress. The man was a pig and the women were daughters or wives of Nobles that had agreed to take part in his plan to steal King Richard’s lands. There were several guards in there too he knew. He hoped all of the training he did to play in this adventure would help him. They needed this to end! There were 2 guards at the doors and only one bow between them. Nathan asked her to hand it to him. When she did he asked her for a second arrow as he bit off a line of fletching on the first. He arrayed them on the string side by side, one slightly above the other and then fired. One arrow took the guard on the right n the throat. The arrow with the damaged fletching had veered off target and hit him in the cheek. He made some noise as he fell and Nathan and Elyse rushed the room to set themselves before the doors opened.

“If we die, I want you to know that it's been an honor Commander. Tell Diana that I love her, if I don’t make it, He said though his face had an excited look about it as if he was enjoying this.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Scarlett's arm hurt and she knew that once this was over she would need to go to sickbay, but she could at least still wield a shield. She didn't know where Spock was, but she could sense that he was alright, if not worried about her. Diana looked worried and she placed a hand on her shoulder, knowing that she was thinking about Nathan. "He'll be alright Diana." Diana nodded a little, but it didn't make her worry disappear. She would only feel better once this was over and she was in Nathan's arms.

Elyse's eyes widened slightly when she felt Nathan's hands on her bottom. However, she quickly realized that he was pushing her up into the window. Her cloak had snagged on the grappling hook and ripped as she fell inside, but she was otherwise alright. Nathan came in after her and they both quickly prepared their weapons. They were in a bedroom, but the Sheriff was not in this room. Together, they headed towards the sitting room that was next door. Elyse was impressed by the way that Nathan took out the two guards that were at the door. Clearly, he had been practicing his archery skills for this program. 

They prepared themselves to go inside the sitting room. Elyse only had one arrow left in her quiver. She heard what Nathan said and she looked over at him. "You're not going to die today Nathan and neither am I. Now, let's go and end this."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Nathan began to take in short, quick breaths to spur on the oxygen flow to his body. As the door opened and a guard came out it began…

Nathan ran him through then pulled him behind him quickly. They had to get inside and quickly, he had to kill the Sheriff. He traded steel with another guard just inside but quickly battered his blade aside and slashed him in the throat. The man’s blood flowed across Elyse’s jerkin but she seemed to pay it no mind as she searched for the man on the balcony. The man fumbled with his bow and she shot in easily in the throat then picked up a fallen sword. Nathan was a whirlwind with his longsword. He laid about him as men came in with their weapons drawn. He was like some kind of Knight out of a fairy tale though it had just been his study of the characters, how they fought and how to use a sword properly. Even so he took caught a blade in the ribs. He managed keep the blade from moving in very deep but his hand shook as he removed it from his flesh. Now time was off the essence before he went into shock.

With Elyse’s help, she setting him up or he setting her up, they acted as a team as they cut through the guards. Women barely clothed screamed as they tried to get out of their way. Finally the Sheriff, with his own blade came at them. The others were like childsplay next to his ability, like a game would create. The Sheriff was like a boss monster at the end of the level, but in this particular game, there were no extra lives. Before long both Nathan and Elyse had cuts on their arms and Elyse had a nasty gash on her thigh. They had to take him now or he’d whittle them down until their strength was gone. Elyse had to try and interfere and unfortunately she knew just how that would happen. The Sheriff’s pattern was to try for their vitals. If she could trap the man’s sword, Nathan could finish him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Together, she and Nathan worked together to take down the guards and when there were no guards left, the Sheriff finally came at them with his own blade. Both Elyse and Nathan had taken injuries. Elyse no longer had any arrows. She had to use the fallen sword she had collected earlier from a man she had killed. The gash across her thigh was deep, but she was numb to the pain as adrenaline flowed through her body. She knew though, that if she made it out of this alive, that it was going to hurt later. 

They were both exhausted and Elyse knew that they needed to end this now. She glanced at Nathan and he nodded at her as if he knew what she was going to do. She lunged at the Sheriff and with the last of her strength she battled against him like her life depended on it...which it did. Steel clashed against steel and they both shook as they tried to gain control. Elyse didn't know where it came from, but she managed to conjure up a last burst of strength and she twisted the Sheriff's sword back until she had it pinned against the floor. She looked at Nathan. "Do it now!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Nathan saw Elyse's move and capitalized on it. With one last quick swing, the Sheriff's head came free of his neck and his body flopped to the ground. Right then the program ended, the doors opened and the black and yellow holodeck grid materialized all around them. McCoy wasn't too far away from them, alot closer than she could have thought and neither was Spock. Spock moved to Scarlett.

"I was...detained by the guards," he said. "THey recognized me," he told her as he looked at her wound. McCoy came up to Elyse. He looked into her eyes a moment and then at her leg. He winced and moved to one knee as Scotty, Sofia and Kal rushed toward them with a medical team. Nathan saw Diana rush toward him and she jumped into his arms and enveloped his neck.

"Now that's a hero's welcome," Nathan said. "But I think you're all heroes today," Nathan said and did not include himself in that. The medical team moved to Carter who was not far from where everyone else was. He was still there, hours later, dead.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Everyone was exhausted and had sustained injuries. Everyone was taken to sickbay to get looked at. Nathan, Elyse, and Scarlett had the worst injuries, but they would all be alright. Carter's death still weighed heavy on Elyse's mind though. It was now extremely late, but Kirk still came by to see them. When he got to Elyse he would be able to see how unsettled she was by what had happened. But he would also know he well enough to know that she was going to open her mouth and try to accept responsibility for Carter's death even though it wasn't her fault. That was just the way Elyse was.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next