The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning A Party Stardate 2259.181

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Planning A Party Stardate 2259.181 Empty Planning A Party Stardate 2259.181

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:32 pm

McCoy wanted to do something special for Elyse’s 25th birthday but he wasn’t much of a birthday planner. So, he decided to enlist a little help. He touched the chime on the Captain’s quarters and waited for someone to invite him in.

“Come,” Kirk said, he had alot of reports to catch up on and he had been at his desk looking at them. Amara was just getting them some tea. Jim actually quite liked how much Amara was doting on him. Like she really missed him or something. Kirk looked up and saw McCoy,

“Ah Bones, what do we owe the pleasure?” Kirk asked. “Uh, well, it was actually Amara who I wanted to see,” McCoy said as Amara set down Kirk’s tea and held her own and took a sip. “I want to throw Elyse a surprise party but I’m not certain how to do that,” McCoy said. . “I could use a little help and we've only got a week,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Planning A Party Stardate 2259.181 Empty Re: Planning A Party Stardate 2259.181

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Ever since James had gotten back, Amara had been reluctant to let him out of her sight. James had been extremely vague about what had happened to him and said he didn't remember much. Amara knew he wasn't telling the truth, but she didn't press him about it. If he ever wanted to tell her he would and if not, then he wouldn't. Amara had been doting on him though and James seemed to enjoy that. 

It was their day off and they were together in their quarters. James had some reports he needed to catch up on and Amara had just finished making them some tea when Leonard walked in. Amara smiled when Leonard told her that he wanted to throw Elyse a surprise birthday party.

"That sounds like fun. I would love to help. And if I know Elyse, like I think I know Elyse, she's not going to be expecting it at all since she doesn't really like to make a fuss about things."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 pm

"Well, that's part of it...I want it to be...you, know, nothing crazy. Something she'd enjoy," he said. Kirk had confided in him some of what had happened while he was in this other universe. But he hadn't offered too much detail and McCoy suspected Kirk skimmed through some of the things he told him.

"I also wanted to talk to you Jim. About what I could get her. You see, Since we plan on stopping at Risa, I wanted to talk to you about spending a few days there and rotate the crew for shore leave. "There is a resort there that I've heard about and I want to take her there," McCoy said. "Kind of a romantic getaway for us,' he said.

Kirk smiled and leaned back in his chair. "Well Bones, I didn't picture you as a romantic, I'm curious about this resort," Kirk asked because most of them on Risa involved no clothing. "Well...it isn't one of the ones where everyone is naked if that was what you were asking," He said. "What about you Amara...I think one of those sounds interesting," Kirk said. "It's the one that looks like a tropical village. Nightly sailing cruises and a villa by the sea. That sort of thing," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Amara knew that Risa was a "pleasure" planet. She had never been there, but she had heard a bit about it. She had a feeling that a lot of the unattached male crew members were going to be very happy about going there. However, there were also some more respectable places as well. A few days of relaxation sounded like bliss to her.

"I think Elyse would love it," she told Leonard. Although getting Elyse to relax and not think about work was going to be the major key. She then grinned at James when he asked her what she thought about the resort. "I'll have sex with you at a resort," she said, not even caring that Leonard was there.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Kirk was taking a sip of his tea and his hand shifted. "Mmm...too hot," Kirk said trying to cover for his shock. McCoy just grinned at them. "Right on the beach," Kirk said with a smile then looked back at McCoy.

"I think we can arrange that Bones," Kirk said. "Thank you Jim, so Amara, what about the party?" he asked. "I've already spoken to Chef about a cake and Ice Cream, McCoy said. "Chocolate with Strawberry Ice Cream," he said. "I think maybe the Bar for a venue?" he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Amara just grinned at James. The two of them were obviously very much in love and were both extremely outgoing and adventurous. Amara knew that they would have a lot of fun at a resort. She then turned her attention back to Leonard.

"Yeah, the bar will be perfect. Jim and I can spread the word about the party and make sure no word gets back to Elyse. Maybe you could suggest having a drink to celebrate her birthday and we'll all be waiting to surprise her?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 pm

McCoy smiled. "I think that sounds great. We could decorate and just do cake and ice cream in the evening," he said. "Sounds like a solid plan to me," Kirk said.

Spock and Scarlett had made love in the shower...again and that morning they usually had a small breakfast. Spock preferred soup and tea and Scarlett had differing tastes. This morning was crescent rolls, butter, jam and coffee. They had a few minutes before they had to be on the bridge. Spock had his PADD and wad going over the report of Beta Shift.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:51 pm

Scarlett and Spock had finally managed to get out of the shower...their passions temporarily sated...very temporarily. They got dressed in their uniforms and then sat down to have breakfast. Scarlett had been feeling...odd the past few days. She had originally been the one who was supposed to go with Kirk into the Nebula, but she had not been feeling well and Sofia had gone instead. She had thought perhaps that it was just a virus, but now she was starting to feel worse...especially when she smelled the coffee. A wave of nausea came over her and she suddenly got up from table and rushed back into the bathroom where she became ill.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Spock didn't get up, but hearing her wretch into the toilet was a surprise. After she had stopped and cleaned up Spock watched her come back. "Is there something wrong Scarlett?" he asked just as their door chimed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Scarlett was starting to get more and more worried about what was going on. She emptied her stomach and then began to feel a little better. She came back and then looked at Spock when he asked her if something was wrong. "I...I don't know," she told him honestly. She then heard the door chime. She walked over and answered it and saw it was Amara. Amara knew that Spock and Scarlett normally didn't let people into their quarters, but she needed to speak with them privately.

"I need to talk to you both privately about something," she said. 

Scarlett glanced at Spock and he gave a little nod so she let her in. Amara then took a look at Scarlett and knew something wasn't right. "Are you feeling alright Scarlett? You don't look well."

"I"m alright," she lied. "Breakfast isn't agreeing with me this morning." 

Amara wasn't certain she believed her, but she didn't press the matter. She knew if Spock thought something was wrong that he would take her to sickbay to be seen by Leonard. 

"The reason I'm here is because Elyse's birthday is coming up and Leonard wants to throw a surprise party for her."

"Oh, that sounds like fun," Scarlett said as she fought down another wave of nausea from the smell of the coffee.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 pm

Spock noticed her look at the coffee cup and how she held her stomach. He 'felt' her aversion and he stood, picked up the cup and set it into the replicator. The replicator broke down the cup and coffee into nothing.

Spock thought about the idea. He didn't quite understand the concept of a surprise party. Scarlett shifted quickly though to look at him when she felt his disapproval. Spock did not speak and only just nodded.

"I must go to the bridge and begin my shift," Spock said and he wanted to kiss Scarlet but because Amara was there, he didn't.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Scarlett was grateful when Spock picked up the cup of coffee and got rid of it. However, she could sense his disapproval at the thought of a surprise party. She watched him leave and wasn't surprised that he didn't kiss her. 

Scarlett looked at Amara after he had left. "Don't mind him. He'll come and at least be there...I'll make sure of it." 

She then sat down and was quiet a moment. "I think I should go see Dr. McCoy."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:26 pm

McCoy was scanning the knee of a crewman. Her leg looked burned and he was using a dermal regenerator on her flesh. As he passed the device along the burn, the burn began to fade until it was gone completely. "There, that should feel better," he said. The woman smiled as she got up off of the bed. "Thank you doctor," she said. "Stay away from exploding conduits next time," He said and she smiled and moved into the adjacent room to get dressed.

"Hello Scarlett, what can I do for you?" McCoy asked and then he shifted to make certain they were alone. "Did Amara talk to you about the party?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:30 pm

Scarlett walked into sickbay and waited for Dr. McCoy to finish up with another patient. "Yes, she did. Spock doesn't quite understand or approve, but he'll be there. The reason I'm here is because I've been feeling unwell for a while and this morning the smell of coffee caused me to become sick. Even thinking about the smell causes my stomach to turn."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:37 pm

"Hmm, well that sounds interesting," McCoy said as he began to scan her. "Lieutenant, are you presently taking birth control?" He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Scarlett looked over at Dr. McCoy when he asked her if she was taking birth control. "...No...I didn't become pregnant after the bonding which means the likelihood of me becoming pregnant is almost non-existent."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:54 pm

"Well, does that mean that you have an intent to become pregnant? Have you discussed the possibility with Spock?" McCoy said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 pm

The full realization of what was happening started to sink in as she looked at Dr. McCoy. She was pregnant. Scarlett was in such shock that she didn't even know how she truly felt about this. "I...we haven't ever discussed it because we're on this mission." She then began to think about what this meant. "I...I'm not going to be able to stay...." A starship was no place for a baby and that meant that the mission of her dreams was over.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:05 pm

McCoy came up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Scarlett, you just need to relax. Do you know how difficult it is for a Vulcan and a Human to procreate? It's very rare and you are by no means, out of the woods," McCoy said. "I'm not certain we shouldn't head to Vulcan right now," he said. "That is, if you want the baby," McCoy asked. "I suppose that's the first question, do you want to carry this child to term?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Scarlett's head was spinning. There were so many thoughts and unanswered questions swirling around in her mind. She forced herself to take a few deep breaths to try and calm herself. "I...I need to talk to Spock."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:15 pm

"I think that would be a good idea," McCoy said. "If you decide that this is what you want, the pregnancy will not be an easy one. There is alot of things that can go wrong with an inter species pregnancy," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 pm

McCoy called Spock to sickbay. He led him to his office were Scarlett was waiting. He then left them alone to talk. Scarlett could see the concern in his eyes and she decided she just needed to say it. "Spock...I'm pregnant."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:32 am

"McCoy's office was wasn't a terribly large room but there 2 desks in it with monitors and they both had PADDs on them, obviously for other patients. There was a shelf on the far wall with several small, round glass culture containers. They were growing things that could not be replicated.

Scarlett had led Spock into the office and she turned around as soon as the door closed. What she said had indeed surprised him but it didn't show at all on his face though his eyebrows did raise up and his eyes looked a bit more misty then they had been. His mind raced through all of the possibilities. And what he said had just come out.

"Scarlett, this is not a good time," he said,

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:46 am

Of all the things she expected Spock to say, 'This is not a good time' was nowhere among them. She just stared at him as she tried to wrap her mind around his words. She felt herself become upset and angry. "Well, I'm sorry that this is such an inconvenience for YOU!," she said and just stared at him for a few long moments as tears came to her eyes. "I didn't plan for this to happen and I'm upset and scared and the one time I need you to put aside your logical side and be here for me and comfort me you let me down," she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:52 am

Spock knew he had made a grievous error and he cursed himself silently for not taking more time to consider his words. He stepped up and took Scarlett into his arms. His mind still raced though. Would she have to leave the ship? Would they both leave? He knew he did not want to leave Kirk without a Science Officer. He knew Scarlett would not want to be alone. He knew that her pregnancy would be difficult. She knew she would be afraid. He knew that she needed him. He also knew they both needed to get back onto the bridge. They had their duties to attend to.

Spock kissed her forehead. "It's going to be alright Scarlett...And I am both surprised and happy that your with child. We have beaten the odds," he said softly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next