The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Broken Mirror Stardate 2259.165

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Broken Mirror Stardate 2259.165 Empty A Broken Mirror Stardate 2259.165

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:48 am

McCoy sighed and nodded that he could. When he actually got to the Transporter room though, Spock, Scotty and Amara were there. They were arguing, well Scotty and Amara were and Spock was just there. “We got our shuttle back, if we send another one remotely and have 4 of the beacons on it, we could do 4 more tests!” Amara growled.

“Amara, I kin ta what you’re doin, and I don’t like that the Captain is gone but there is no guarantee that’d work lass and all it will do is force us to have to risk more time and effort in getting the shuttle back,” Scotty said. “An if ya think of takin one out again, I’ve had your biometer banned from the shuttle bay. The moment you step foot in there or transport in...nice try with that by the way, alarms will go off. May I remind ya that you’ve already been over-ruled here lassie, an If I catch tryin ta take another shuttle out, I’ll throw ya in the brig!” Scotty said.

All during the argument Spock had been thinking about the problem and why they had failed to recreate the test. Each time they just sent one person out into the shuttle. They were able to beam them back without incident but then they had to retrieve the shuttle using a worker bee on remote which took alot of time. To do the test properly though, maybe they needed two people. One person might not be enough to recreate the distortion? It was just a theory but it had not been tried yet.

He could see Amara was just about to collapse from exhaustion and grief. “Mr. Scott, I think we could do one more test. But I believe we need 2 people in the shuttle just like the original accident. “And before you ask..no Amara, that will not be you. You will go to your quarters and get some sleep or I’ll have you confined to them and post guards,” Spock threatened calmly. When she looked to be about to say something he looked at her. “That is an order Lieutenant,” Spock said then turned and faced Scotty. “Mr. Scott, prepare a shuttle, Kal and Scarlett will go and they’ll have the beacons on them,” he said. Scotty frowned but agreed. “I sir,” He said and left the room. “Doctor, go with Amara and make certain she goes to her quarters,” Spock said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Broken Mirror Stardate 2259.165 Empty Re: A Broken Mirror Stardate 2259.165

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:59 am

Amara was on the verge of a complete nervous breakdown. Every hour that ticked by without James reappearing she felt the hope she was struggling to hold on to slip away. She didn't know what she would do without him. He had changed her life in more ways than she could count. He had made her the woman she was today and without him she would lose half of herself. She was desperate to find him...to bring him back. 

She looked at Spock and Scotty as they stood against her. She turned and stormed out of the Transporter room. McCoy followed her, however, she did not go back to her quarters. She went to the bar. She pulled out a bottle of Romulan ale. She heard someone walk in to the bar and she didn't have to look back to know who it was. "I want to be left alone."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:29 pm

“If that were true, you would have gone to your quarters,” McCoy said as he stepped up next to her. He reached over the bar and fished for another glass. Once he had it he leaned back on the stool then took up the bottle of blue liquid. He had developed a taste, over time, for the Ale. Most people didn’t find it palatable. And it was very strong besides. He took a good sip then looked at its color in his glass. He decided to just sit there and wait for her to talk first. Kirk was his best friend and he was very worried about him. But worrying wouldn’t bring him back from where ever he had gone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Amara took the bottle McCoy had just sat down and poured some more into her glass. She then drank the whole thing down in one shot. As McCoy looked at her he would see the dark circles under her eyes. She looked dehydrated from not drinking enough and clearly hadn't showered in days. Nothing seemed worth doing to Amara at this point. Taking care of herself seemed selfish when she could be using that time to try and bring James back.

She slowly looked over at McCoy. "What would you do if it were Elyse instead of James?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:04 pm

“Well I wouldn’t kill myself. And like it or not, I have responsibilities on this ship. And so do you,” He said. “You’ve come a long way Amara, Jim is my best friend but I wouldn’t throw my career away because I lost him. You’re worth has to come from inside you, not how others view you. You have friends Amara and people that care and count on you,” Leonard said. “We’re all worrying about Jim...don’t force us to worry about you too,” He said. “I know how much you love him but you don’t have to go through this alone,” he reminded her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Amara felt a few tears come to her eyes. She leaned against Leonard and began to cry. She felt Leonard's arms envelope around her and hold her. He led her back to her quarters and stayed there while she showered. He got her a glass of water and some food and he made sure she ate and drank everything. He then remained with her as she got into bed. Only minutes after her head hit her pillow she was fast asleep.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Scarlett and Kal moved to the right coordinates exactly. Kal piloted the shuttle and stopped it right where Kirk and Sofia had. They simulated the damaged systems and, as predicted arcs of energy began to form near the ship like sheet lightning. Scarlett put a beacon on her seat and Kal put one on his and they stood just behind them.The modified sensors on the shuttle were pinging subspace so if one of the beacons didn’t end up on the transporter, they would know where it went.

“Energize,” Kal said and Scotty started the transport cycle. Just as he suspected both beacons began to materialize however the first one was beginning to fade. Like before he pulled the panel and began to modify the pattern gradiance. And like before, nothing he did seemed to make much of a difference. Once the cycle completed, only one beacon materialized. On the shuttle the sensors pinged the beacons. One was in normal subspace and one was not. There was a phase variance to the telemetry and she used the sensors and locked the altered coordinates into the shuttles computer and then fed that to the Enterprise.

“It’s out of phase with our universe,” Scotty said and he had to adjust the transporters targeting system. After he did that he began the cycle. “Energizing,” he said and once again the beacon began to appear. He adjusted the power output to the transporter and the wall behind him sparked as it drew too much from the power conduit. And then it materialized.

“We have it...it’s here,” Scotty said. Kal hugged Scarlett happily. On the bridge everyone cheered and Spock actually had a grin on his face. “Excellent work, lets get the shuttle back and figure out what we’re going to do,” he said.

-------------------

Kirk had returned from his secret rendezvous with Amara. He also had worked on a plan with her that sounded much more promising than the last one. If the Empire wanted the Alliance base, than he would give it to them. When he arrived he asked for Elyse and he summoned her to his ready room with McCoy. Once they arrived he began to tell them of his plan.

“Elyse, you’re going to give the coordinates of the Alliance base to the Emperor, obviously in hopes that it will put you back into his good graces. He will ofcourse, send a scout to verify but I suspect the Emperor will try to take it himself with his own fleet. Amara’s ships will look like they're all docked and powered down but they will be manned and ready to move once the Avenger warps into the system. The rest of us will be In the neighboring Andorian system. Procyon V has rings that should shield our fleet from the Emporers sensors. The Defiant will also block all comms incase anyone decides they want to support the Emperor,” He said. “With the new torpedoes spread out to our ships, the Avenger and her fleet will be hard-pressed to stand up against all of that firepower,” Kirk said. “We will warp in behind them just as start their attack. Amara’s fleet will be at great risk before we get there but she was willing to take that chance and to do her part,” he said. “What do you think?” He asked them.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:48 pm

Elyse was...quite impressed by Kirk's plan. It was well thought out, although still dangerous. She knew that giving Pike the coordinates of an Alliance base would definitely put her back into his good graces. Pike had used her, just like everyone else, and it was gratifying to think that she would be apart of his demise. 

"I believe this plan will work. I should let you know that we now also have the Triumph in our fleet."

------------------------------

Amara had called a meeting at the Alliance base on Vulcan with Kal and Sulu, her two most trusted companions. She went through the details of Kirk's plan with them. "It's an extremely risky plan, but right now it's our best shot at taking out the Emperor and his fleet. Elyse Turner is the greatest risk in this plan, but Kirk truly believes we can trust her. What do you think?" she asked as she looked at both Kal and Sulu.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 pm

The next morning after Amara had gotten out of bed, showered, dressed and eaten she was called to the ready room on the bridge. Spock, Scarlett, Kal, Scotty, Sofia, McCoy, Elyse and Fiona were there. They all looked up at her.

"Ah, Amara, good, please, sit down," Spock said and pulled up the plans for the modified Escape Pod on the large screen. "Ok, Scotty," he said and moved and sat down as Scotty got up. "With our successful test we're planning on transporting this pod to those same coordinates. The pod will have a beacon and a video message programmed on a repeating loop. If Kirk or anyone comes across it, they should be able to contact Kirk and tell him about the pod. Starting tomorrow, we will perform a teleport from the nebula 4 times a day at the same times of day," he said. "If and when Kirk enters the pod, he will need to wait until one of these times. If he is inside the pod, he should be teleported back to the Enterprise," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Amara slept so deeply that she didn't dream. When she awoke, she was still tired, but she knew that just sulking wasn't going to bring back her husband. She couldn't just sit around doing nothing anymore and just waiting for him to reappear. She showered, dressed, and ate breakfast and then was called to the ready room on the bridge. She headed that way and when she got there she found the room was full. She took a seat next to Elyse. She had saved it specifically for her. Amara listened to Scotty's plan and it was a solid, well thought out plan. It gave her hope that they would actually be able to pull this off. She sat there quietly for a moment before finally speaking.

"Ok, well let's get to work then."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Sofia grinned at Scotty who sighed as if he had just lost a bet. Everyone stood and did get to work.

------------

The Torpedoes had been loaded onto the Enterprise and the other ships that could fire them. Kirk had given Elyse use of the ready room to contact the Emperor. This time, Pike had answered her communication. "What is it Commander, I am rather busy," he told her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:44 pm

Elyse readied herself to contact Pike. She just hoped he would answer her communication. Thankfully, he did and she grinned. "So, you don't even have time to learn the coordinates of the Alliance base...which I located."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Pike chuckled. "You? How? You're just a chess piece I once used. A pawn, how could you learn their location?" He asked her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm

"A chess piece? I think I was a little more than that Christopher...particularly when you were fucking me. I'm sorry, but no man can fake the raw emotion you displayed when we were in bed together. Now, do you want the coordinates or not?" Elyse's words dripped with confidence. She knew Pike, she knew he wouldn't be able to turn away from something like this.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 pm

"Certainly, I will need to substantiate them though," he said. "Send them now," he said. Once he received them he picked back up his communicator. "You know, I liked you best when you were on your knees Elyse. You were pretty good at that...not much else though. And you thought I was going to marry you," He said and chuckled. "I only need you on your back to help me sway members of the council," he said. "Now, you're not even good for that, why does Kirk not just blow you out of his airlock? The bigger fool him," the Emperor said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Elyse's fists clenched up in anger at Pike's words and she picked up her communicator and threw it against the wall. However, she managed to calm herself. She knew she couldn't just hang up. That would draw his suspicion. She needed to ask for something in return for her information. She needed him to truly believe she was on the side of the Empire still.

"I have one request Christopher. That you allow me to kill Amara Kirk."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 pm

There was a long pause. "If you can capture Amara Kirk, I will give you back your command and the Defiant," Pike said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Elyse grinned at Pike's response. "I won't let you down." She closed her communicator and stepped out of the ready room. Jim and Leonard were waiting for her. "It worked. He took the bait."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:29 pm

"Ok, now we just need to wait for his scouts to confirm the location," He said. "But he might also, draw closer so he could strike quickly," Kirk said and then he moved and looked out the window. He wasn't supposed to be here. This was not his fight. But if not him, who? he wondered. Spock came into the room. "Captain, I must speak to you...in private," Spock said. Kirk looked at McCoy. "Let Amara know that we're going to have to step up our time table. Her people need to be on alert and ready though not look like they are," he said. Leonard nodded and left with the others. On his way out he put his arm around Elyse.

"Captain," Spock said as he handed kirk a PADD. "We've received a communication from a freight Captain that had passed the Nubula. Apparently, there was an escape pod at the same coordinates that the Enterprise was when you appeared on it," Spock said. "There is a message embedded into a revolving signal," he said and then nodded and stepped out of the room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:39 pm

When Kirk opened up the message a video began to play. Amara...his Amara's face appeared and she smiled at him through the screen. James though would be able to see the tired worry in her brilliant blue eyes. "James, we've figured out a way to get you home. There is an escape pod at the exact coordinates you were on the shuttle when you disappeared. Go to the pod and wait inside. Every few hours we are going to perform a teleportation from the escape pod. It will bring you home. Sofia is fine. She made it back, but everyone is worried about you...." A few tears came to her eyes. "I'm worried about you James and I miss you so much. I need you to come home...we need you. I will be waiting for you. I love you so much."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Kirk's eyes grew wide as he watched the video. Amara was so...beautiful! And he missed her so terribly much. He watched it several times. Could it be true? He knew that it was. The problem was, in his universe, there was peace and prosperity. The Federation was growing and there was no more war with the Klingons. Here, there was death and strife and unrest. He could do alot of good here. And he could have Aurora, his daughter. Maybe more children. That thought made guilt bubble up from his stomach. But even that could not banish that all away. When he came out onto the bridge they were all looking at him. Obviously they knew. McCoy was looking at him curiously. Elyse had filled him into what was happening. Rumors spread like wildfire on the ship.

"What are you all looking at? We've got a war to win," Kirk said. "Best speed to the Andorian system," he said as he stepped toward the turbolift. McCoy looked at the communications officer.

"Patch me through to Amara Kirk on an encoded channel, I'll take it in the ready room," McCoy said. Spock said nothing and instead looked at Scarlett. Like it or not, they needed Kirk and Spock, despite his better judgement, liked him.

Amara popped up on the large screen.

"Hello Amara, I'm sorry for disturbing you but you need to be aware of something. Kirk's people have made contact and they have given him a way out," McCoy said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Amara had been in the middle of organizing her people. They needed to be ready immediately for an attack. Winona had Aurora and was in a safe, secret place where the Empire would be able to find them. Amara and Kal would be on the Enterprise. She was starting to head towards the shuttle that would take them up to the ship when her communicator went off. She answered it and saw it was McCoy. She heard what he said and she was quiet for a long moment. She knew time was short, but she needed to speak with him.

"Can you put him on? I would like to speak with him privately."

McCoy nodded and fetched him and then left him alone in the ready room. Amara needed to make this quick. Kal was waiting on her. "I heard that you have a way of going home." She was quiet for a few seconds before speaking again. "You need to take it Jim. This isn't your world. I'm not the Amara you know and love. There are people back in that world waiting for you and counting on you to come home. I'll be fine. I don't have my Jim, but at least I know what happened to him. Don't leave your wife wondering what happened to you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:37 pm

Kirk frowned, he could only assume McCoy had contacted her. "There is a war about to happen Amara. I am not going to abandon you now," Kirk said. "If I did, I would never be able to live with myself," he said. "I intend to command the Defiant and we will do whatever it takes to destroy the Avenger," Kirk said. "I love you Amara...I know you're not 'my' Amara, but you are as well. You are mine as much as Aurora is," Kirk said. "I will not abandon her to the Empire," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Amara sighed and looked at him. She knew that she wasn't going to be able to convince him to go home before this battle. She could only hope that he would survive and then she could send him home. 

"I hear you're the Captain of the Enterprise in your world. I'm about to board her. Anything I should know?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:53 pm

"Well I'm glad you're not going to do anything stupid like knock me out and stuff me in that pod," Kirk grinned. "Her shields are strongest from the sides," Kirk said. "Time your attacks then turn to the side," he suggested. "Aurora and my mother is safe?" Kirk asked. When she nodded he sighed in relief. "Remember, dont look like you're on alert," he said. "And also remember, when this is over, we won't be separated, ever again," Kirk sand and killed the transmission.

He stepped out onto the bridge. "Elyse, when we arrive, I want you to Captain the Triumph," Kirk said. "We'll maintain a 3 prong attack strategy to preserve all of our shields," Kirk said. "I've reviewed the schematics for the Avenger. A flying fortress but she still needs power for engines and weapons. We knock out her warp drive then her weapons," Kirk suggested but he honestly believed they were doomed. The ship's armor was 4 times that of the Enterprise. And she had batteries of those Torpedoes and Type IV phasers normally seen on a starbase

"We need to concentrate our fire on her nacelles," Kirk said. After the briefing McCoy followed Elyse to the Transporter. When she noticed him moving with her toward the pad she stopped. "Oh, you're not going without me, Doctor Hallum can beam over here, even swap," McCoy said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next