The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argo Station Stardate 2259.92

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Argo Station Stardate 2259.92 Empty Argo Station Stardate 2259.92

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 8:31 pm

Captain’s Log Stardate 2259.92

The Enterprise is taking heavy damage. I’ve lost 9 crew and 13 are injured. Good men and women all. We’re headed toward the Argo Science Station and our communications are being jammed by Khan, who has taken over the USS Defiant. Khan appears to be mad and filled with vengeful hate toward Starfleet.

“I’m detecting intermittent lifesigns, Captain,” Scarlett said. “Amara, continue to try and reach someone on the station,” Kirk said as he thought about everything. “I’m going down there,” Kirk said. “Amara, tell McCoy to meet me at the Transporter room,” He said. “Scarlett, Elyse, you’re with me,” Kirk said. “Spock, you have the con,” he said.

--------------

They materialized in one of the larger storage bays. On the nearby monitors Amara was on, with her message for them to contact the enterprise. Scarlett had her tricorder going and, because life support was barely going they had to put on thermal jackets. Kirk and Elyse had their phasers out.. “Ok, split up, we’re looking for survivors,” Kirk said. McCoy gave Elyse a disgruntled look but then turned and went his own way. Scarlett went her own way and Kirk went his. They passed through into hallways, laboratories, quarters, storage rooms and control rooms. Kirk and Elyse had their phasers out. McCoy didn’t carry one and Scarlett had one but hadn’t drawn it.

McCoy passed through a large doorway hatch and a rate passed by and startled him. He backed up away from it then he felt something touch the back of his head. When he whipped around he saw an upside, face looking at him. The man had his eyes open and was obviously dead.

“Jim!” McCoy said in a urgent tone. Kirk and Elyse got up on the catwalk and lowered the bodies down to the floor. “Rigor has just barely set in Jim. This didn’t happen very long ago,” McCoy said. “I...haven’t seen Carol,” he said. She had been both their friends though she and McCoy had shared intimate time together.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Argo Station Stardate 2259.92 Empty Re: Argo Station Stardate 2259.92

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Amara contacted McCoy and informed him to meet Kirk at the Transporter room. Scarlett and Elyse followed Kirk to the turbolift and they once they had all gathered they were transported to the station. They wore thermal jackets and Elyse, Kirk, and Scarlett carried phasers. When Kirk told them to split up and look for survivors, Elyse looked over at Leonard and she saw the disgruntled look he gave her. She sighed and turned and walked away from him with her phaser out. Only a week ago they were completely happy and now...now she wasn't even sure if they were still together or not. 

Neither Elyse nor Scarlett had found anyone when they heard McCoy call out. Elyse was terrified by what she saw. She helped Kirk lower him to the floor. She heard Leonard mention Carol, the woman from the distress signal, and it was clear to her that he and Kirk knew her. She turned her attention back to the dead man. "How did he die?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

"It looks like his throat was cut," he said. They found others. Some looked as if they had been torchered before they were killed. They didn't find any trace of Carol Marcus or the Genesis device though. Scarlett began to get a small signal on her tricorder. s she moved closer to its origin, it led her to a large square cargo container.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Elyse was disturbed by the scene and she knew that Khan needed to be stopped. She began to think of him on the USS Defiant. Kal was there and she hoped that Khan hadn't hurt him...or worse. 

Suddenly, Scarlett began to get a small signal on her tricorder. "I'm getting a signal," she told the others as she began to follow where it led. She found herself standing in front of a large, square cargo container. She carefully moved to open it.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 9:08 pm

The controls were unfamiliar to it and as she fumbled with them Kirk stepped up. He tried them as well and they weren't working for him either. Then he just punched the glass that covered over the emergency button then hit the small, red button. The doors on one side of the container opened and an unconscious Wesley Flynn and Kal Marshall were inside. "Oh my...god," Kirk said. McCoy snapped into action and got out his medical scanner. "Elyse, watch over the doctor, the rest of us will check out the lower levels," Kirk said and the other left.

McCoy had the two men laid out and was scanning their bodies. "Well, their alive. it just appears that their unconscious," he said.

"I know you think you made the right choice for you, Elyse. But consider...if I wasn't in the picture. Would you pass up your own Command then?" McCoy said. He did not consider how amazing it was to be apart of this historic mission and to be mentored by Kirk and Spock. McCoy was a bit self-centered in that regard.

---------------

The group went to the transporter room. When Kirk looked at the transporter itself, it had been left on. That was odd and there was a set of coordinates still programmed into the transporter. "So they used the transporter to go...somewhere," Kirk said. "Maybe they took Genesis with them?" Scarlett asked. "It looks that way, and the scientists they left behind, paid for their escape with their lives," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Elyse stood back as Scarlett and Kirk fumbled with the controls to the container. Finally, Kirk just smashed the glass that covered the emergency button and hit it. The doors on one side of the container opened and she gasped when she saw what, or rather who, was inside. She felt a wave of relief wash over her when Leonard confirmed that they were alive. 

Kirk and Scarlett had left to go check out the lower levels, leaving her and Leonard alone. She hated the awkward feeling between them now. It felt...unnatural. She looked over at him when he brought up the subject of her giving up a chance to command her own ship again. "Leonard, I'm truly happy where I am right now. This mission we are on is historic and it is an honor to be apart of it. I want to be apart of it. I also want to forge my own path...not have one assigned to me at birth. I am proud of where I am and what I have done to get to this point. After this mission is over then I will consider...other options," she said meaning either Commanding her own ship...or settling down and having a family...that is if she and Leonard were still together.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm

"You didn't answer my question...and I suppose, that's part of why you weren't even going to tell me," McCoy said. She had really upset him. "I mean, one moment...we were thinking about having a child. The next moment, you're offered your own ship. Both things didn't pan out and I feel horrible Elyse," McCoy said. I just don't think I'm doing you much good," McCoy said. "Are we in love? Sure, but that's not all that life is about. There's so much more to take into account," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Elyse felt horribly frustrated talking to Leonard. She found herself getting upset again. "You want me to answer your question? The truth is is that if you weren't in the picture then yes...I probably would have taken the promotion. But would that have been better than the choice I did make because you are in the picture? No, I don't think so. When I met you and fell in love with you my priorities began to change because you changed me and I believe you changed me for the better. You were the one who was pointing out to me only days ago how many great opportunities there are in Starfleet that aren't command positions. I don't know what my future holds, but I know that I want you in it. Why can't you be happy about that and respect my decision?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm

McCoy just sighed and shook his head. 'She just didn't understand' he thought as Kal began to stir. And then Wesley moved. Just as the others returned they were up and appeared to be unharmed for the most part. A bit malnourished but he fixed their concussions. They had been stunned by something. With a bit of water, they were both on their feet.

"Most of my crew is marooned on Ceti Alpha 6 Captain." Wesley said. He was still somewhat out of it and Kirk noticed he didn't have his usual swagger. "Elyse...Elyse Turner?" Kal asked. The way that he said it made McCoy's eyebrows lift. "God, it's been a long time," He said with a smile. He did not grow any less attractive with age. In fact, he was more in shape and more handsome than she had remembered.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Elyse couldn't believe it, but she began to think that things between Leonard and herself were over. He was being stubborn and frustrating and it upset her to think that he was throwing away what they had. However, she was pulled away from her thoughts as Wesley and Kal began to awaken. Kal had always been handsome, but he had become even more so over the last few years. Elyse smiled at him. "It's good to see you again Kal. I wish it could be over better circumstances though."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 pm

"We think they transported to somewhere," Kirk said. "I think we should go where they went," he said. "What if they went no where?" McCoy said. "Then this will be your chance to get away from it all," Kirk said with a smile and he contacted Spock.

"Spock, we're going to try and find out where the Scientists went," Kirk said. "Captain, if we went by the book, hours would seem like days," Spock said. "I read you Spock," Kirk said. "We should have partial main power in 3 days," Spock said.

"Spock, If we don't report in in 2 and a half hours, leave orbit and make your way to the nearest starbase and report what happened to Starfleet,' he said. "Jim, we won't leave you behind," Amara said. "Amara, if we don't report in, there won't be anyone left behind, Kirk out," he said.

"If its all the same to you Kirk, we'd like to share the risk," Wesley said. "Khan killed some members of my crew," Wesley said. "Alright, you're in the party" Kirk said. Back at the transporter he had everyone get on the pad. He set the power for a delay then hurried onto the pad.

They materialized into what looked like some kind of carved out cavern. There were storage crates and a little distance away, there was a missile casing and when Elyse moved and opened it up, they saw the Genesis missile inside. beside it looked like its control module. As they began to spread out someone spoke from the side.

"Phaser's down," the man said before they could draw them. A man came out from the side and tried to stab Kirk. Kirk blocked his thrust and the man tried to stab him again. he blocked him again, then bent his arm at the elbow and snapped the blade from his hand. "Jim!" A woman's voice said from a nearby hallway. Carol Marcus suddenly appeared.

"Carol, they killed everyone we left behind!" He said. "Frank, you're just making this harder she said.

"It's harder than you think Doctor," Wesley said as he raised up his phaser. Kal did as well. "Kal..." Elyse said in disbelief. "I'm...sorry, Elyse," He said. Obviously upset by what he was doing.

"Why you bastard!" The scientist said and he lunged at him. Scarlett jumped on him and bore him to the ground. Unfortunately Wesley fired his phaser and hit the scientist behind the one that lunged. He was vaporized instantly.

"Please...don't move," Wesley said and then spoke into a wrist band he was wearing.

"You're excellency, have you been listening," he said. "I have indeed Wesley. You and Kal have done well," he said. Everyone could hear Khan on the other side of that communication.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Elyse stared in disbelief at Kal as he and Wesley raised their phasers and aimed them at them. Scarlett saw Wesley aim his phaser at one of the scientists and she managed to get him to the ground just in time. However, the phaser blast hit a scientist behind them and he was vaporized instantly. No one else moved as Wesley began to speak into a wrist band he was wearing. On the other end of the communication was the unmistakable voice of Khan. Elyse looked at Kal.

"I don't understand. Why are you doing this? Khan is killing people and you're helping him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 pm

As they all stood there the Genesis device and data was teleported away. Presumably oaboard Khan's ship.

"First things first Wesley...Kill, Captain James T. Kirk," Khan said. Kirk shifted away from Carol. Wesley's phaser shifted as he moved. Wesley looked troubled by that command and he hesitated. "Sir...I want to obey," Wesley said. "Kill him," Khan said again. "Kill him Wesley, now!" Khan commanded. Wesley looked like he was about to break and then suddenly he used his mouth and removed the wrist communicator. It fell to the floor. Wesley shifted onto his knees as a wave of pain shot through him. Kirk moved but Wesley pointed his phaser at him again. As Wesley fought against the compulsion he slowly turned the phaser toward himself. He fired and he vaporized himself.

Kal's hand went to his ear and he bellowed in pain. His phaser dropped to the floor and he fell onto the floor. The moment he hit the floor, he stopped screaming and was unconscious. McCoy ran up to him and began a scan.

Something...small, began to burrow out of his ear. "What the hell!" He exclaimed as the small, burrowing creature fell to the floor. Kirk aimed his phaser at it and vaporized it.

Kirk was angry, furious and he moved to his knee and picked up the wrist communicator Wesley dropped. Khan waited to hear that Kirk was dead.

"Khan, you filthy bloodsucker," Kirk said angrily. "You've managed to kill just about everyone else but like a poor marksman, you missed your target," he said. "You've got Genesis but you don't have me. If you want me dead, you'll have to come down here," he told him. Khan winced as if in pain as they all waited for him to respond.

"Kirk, I've done far worse than kill you. I've...hurt you. And I wish to keep on...hurting you. I think I'll leave you how I was left. Buried alive, inside a dead planet," He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 10:57 pm

Elyse's eyes widened in horror when she heard Khan's order that Wesley kill Kirk. She wanted to do something, but she knew she couldn't. She saw Wesley hesitate and she could see in his eyes that he didn't want to do this. She knew then that he and Kal were both being controlled. She watched as he removed his wrist communicator and then suddenly collapsed onto his knees. She saw Kirk move towards him to help him, but Wesley pointed his phaser at him again. As Kirk moved back she watched as Wesley suddenly turned the phaser on himself. She gasped in shock as he suddenly fired and vaporized. 

Kal then began to yell in pain and he dropped his phaser and fell to the floor. He suddenly stopped yelling and became unconscious. Scarlett moved up beside McCoy as he began to scan him and suddenly they both saw something burrowing out of his ear. Scarlett saw Kirk raise his phaser at it but before she could tell him to stop he fired. She had hoped to study it. Elyse looked down at Kal as Kirk spoke to Khan using Wesley's old communicator. Elyse considered herself a strong woman. She had to be in order to get to where she was right now. But what she had seen today had greatly upset her and it was starting to take its toll. She couldn’t get the image of the dead man hanging upside down out of her mind and now she knew she would be forever haunted by Wesley taking his own life to save Kirk. She wished she could feel Leonard’s arms around her...comforting her, but she feared she may never feel that again. She managed, though, to keep herself together and as she listened to Khan a realization hit her.

“He’s going to go after the Enterprise. He knows that she’s taken more damage than the Defiant. It’s a sitting duck right now.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 pm

"There's some damage to his cerebral cortex, but I think I can repair it...not here though. I'll need the Enterprise," he said. "I have never seen anything like that. Some kind of parasite," He said.

Kirk looked at Elyse for a moment and then he looked at his chronograph on his wrist. He did not say anything though. He was the Captain and he had to look confident even when he wasn't.

"Well, I'm hungry, is there anything to eat?" Kirk asked. McCoy looked up at him in disbelief. "How can you think of food at a time like this?" he asked.

"The first order of survival, food and water," he said. Carol smiled. "I have food to last a lifetime," she said.

"In the Genesis cave," she said.

--------------

As they walked out of the cavern, it opened up into an expansive area. Plants, trees and even small animals ran across large, open grassy spaces. One of the scientists dropped a bucket of some kind of vegetable near them and plucked one out. It was long and green and he cut it in half and handed a half to Kirk. Kirk thanked him and bit into it. It was good.

McCoy eventually joined them and brought Kal in with them. Kal looked somewhat out of it, tired but he was smiling and looking at them. "It's Good to see you up and about Lt. Marshall," Kirk said. "Thank you...Captain," he said. "I'm...sorry Captain. Khan he...put creatures in our bodies...made us...do things and say things," Kal said.

"Its alright Lieutenant. Rest easy," he said. Elyse noticed it was past 3 hours. McCoy did too and noticed how troubled she was. "If the enterprise obeyed the Captain, she's long gone by now. If she couldn't obey, she's probably destroyed," He said. Scarlett had been trying not to think about that and she finally broke down.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 pm

Scarlett knew that she should have been fascinated by the science and experimentation that was happening on this planet, but all she could think of was Spock. Elyse was too upset to eat anything, although seeing Kal awake did brighten her spirits some. The guilt over what had happened was evident on his face, although no one could ever blame he or Wesley over what had taken place. No, this was all the work of Khan.

Suddenly, Elyse realized that it was past three hours. Scarlett heard what McCoy said and she finally couldn’t control her emotions anymore and she broke down. Elyse looked over at Kirk and she could tell he was thinking about Amara. “I’m sure they were able to get away,” she said to try and reassure him and Scarlett.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat May 23, 2020 11:55 pm

"So this is Genesis?" Kirk asked. "This?" Carol said. "This is stage 2, stage 1 was done in a lab. The matrix here took seconds but the plants and animals grew at a very increased rate. "We were looking for a planet for Stage 3," Kal said. "When we found Khan," he said. Scarlett got control of her emotions. Kirk would not come down on her for them. Spock was her husband and his friend. He looked at his chronograph again then flipped out his communicator.

"Spock, its past 3 hours, are you ready yet?" Kirk said. "We're ready Captain," Spock said and everyone looked at him. McCoy frowned and Scarlett blinked in confusion. Kirk grinned as he took one, last bite of the vegetable. "I never like to lose," he said. "Lock onto our signal and energize," he said.

When they materialized. Spock and others were waiting for them. Amara was there as well. "So...general order 12. When communications are being monitored, never relay an uncoded message," She said. Kirk nodded as she looked at Spock. "You lied,' she said surprised. "I exaggerated," Spock said with a raised eyebrow. Kirk noticed the way Amara was looking at him. And he nodded reassuringly to her. He knew she wanted to hug him. She likely had been very worried.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 24, 2020 12:12 am

Scarlett wiped the tears away from her face as she tried to get control of her emotions. However, everything that had happened today was taking a toll on her. It had been a lot for anyone to deal with. Suddenly, Kirk pulled out his communicator and flipped it open. When she and the others heard him communicate with Spock they all looked at him in surprise. 

They were beamed back aboard the Enterprise and Elyse began to realize what had happened. She knew about general order 12. Anyone who went through Command School at the Academy knew about general order 12. However, it was surprising to her that Spock had 'lied'. Amara had been told by Spock what was going on, but she had still been extremely worried. She wanted to go over and hug him, but she remained professional. However, a look of relief and reassurance was exchanged between them. Scarlett also managed to remain professional, although each of them could sense the fear and relief that the other had been feeling. 

"How far along are the repairs?" Elyse asked Spock.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am

"We have partial main power," He said as they jogged out of the transporter room. "Best we could do in 3 hours," he said. Kirk was about to get onto the turbolift. The doors did not open. "They are inoperative above deck 7 Captain," Spock said. They had to take a jeffories tube and climb ladders to get up to the bridge. Once there the door opened.

"Captain on the bridge," Sulu said as he moved out of the Captain's chair. "Tactical," Kirk asked and Nathan brought it up onto the screen. The Defiant was on the opposite side of the planet and the two ships were orbiting the planet but the Defiant was a little bit faster than they. "Ut oh," Kirk said when he noticed. "They can out gun us and out run us," Spock said. "But there is the Mutara Nebula," he said. "Sulu, set a course," Kirk said. It was about Impulse drives now that both ship's Warp Drive was inoperative.

The Enterprise moved from orbit and headed straight for the nubula. "What's its composition.," Kirk asked. "It's made up of inert gases with charged particles," Spock said. "Sensors will be severely impaired and our shields would cease to function Captain," Scarlett said. "Sauce for the goose Lieutenant, the odds would be even," Spock said.

-----------

"There she is!....There she is and not so wounded as we were led to believe," Khan said. "They're heading for that Nebula...if they go in there, we'll likely lose them," Argent said. "Explain it to them," Khan said and they fired a Torpedo at them. it missed though, they were still having trouble with their Torpedo control system.

"Why are you slowing," Khan said. "We can't follow them in there sir, our shields would be useless," Argent said. Khan thought to complain but he decided to let it stand.

-----------

"The Defiant is slowing Captain," Sulu said. "Amara, patch me in," Kirk said. "You're on Captain," she said.

"Khan, you came for a rematch," Kirk said. Khan's face was in utter surprise, he had left Kirk on the planet. "Khan...I'm laughing at your 'superior' intellect," Kirk said. Khan's face turned into a snarl. "Full power," Khan said. "No sir, you have Genesis, you can have..." He began but Khan stood and pushed him out of the way. "Full power, damn you!" he said and activated full impulse power.

-----------

Kirk grinned. "Well I give him one thing he's consistent," he said. "We are entering the Nubula," Spock said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 24, 2020 9:40 am

Amara, Scarlett, and Elyse each took their seats at their stations. Kal and McCoy had also joined them on the bridge. When Elyse saw that the Defiant was moving faster than them she knew they might be in trouble. When Spock mentioned the Nebula, at first Elyse was confused, but then she realized what that would also mean for the Defiant if they followed them into the Nebula. The trick would be getting them to follow them. Khan seemed like an intelligent man. However, she knew that Kirk was as well and when they neared the Nebula and saw that the Defiant was slowing she looked over and saw his mind quickly thinking. 

Amara patched him over to the Defiant and she found it rather satisfying to see the look of sheer surprise on Khan's face when he saw Kirk onboard. Amara smiled a little when Kirk prompted a strong emotional response out of Khan and the Defiant began to move again.

"Well, you do know how to irritate people," Amara teased with a little grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 am

Kirk grinned at Amara's comment. As the ship entered the Nebula, it shook as it was hit with a charged particle. "As I feared Captain, our shields are down," Sulu said. "Kal, take the helm," Kirk said. Sulu nodded and gave up his seat as Kal moved and sat down. The viewscreen became all fuzzy and filled with static. Time passed and they knew the Defiant had likely entered the Nebula by now. They did get small bursts of tactical data which told them the Defiant's position but with both ships having that they often likely passed by one another. And then caught a quick glimpse of them in front of them, moving away. Kal steered the ship toward that.

They had a small burst of an image and they appeared to be behind and slightly above them. "Look sharp," Kirk said. "Elyse knew she was all manual right now and she was ready to fire. "Fire," Kirk said as their ship came into view. Elyse fired but just missed hitting one of their weapons.

-----------

Khan's ship vibrated from the close call. "Aft Torpedoes, fire!" He yelled. They fired a Torpedo but it dropped way beneath the Enterprise and was swallowed up by the Nebula. The screen faded out again.

A bit more times passed. "Hold your course," Kirk said and Kal did. Then they thought they had an image and then they did as the Defiant was in full view and headed straight for them. Kirk shifted his chair. "Emergency starboard!" Kirk snapped and Kal's natural reactions took over. The Enterprise began to turn sharply as the Defiant tried to. The two ships passed by one another and then Elyse fired just as Argent did on their ship. Both ships took damage before the viewscreen clouded again.

"Scotty damage report," Kirk asked as Kal turned the ship. "They hit the engine room and near sickbay Captain," Scotty said. All the work they had done to get the Warp Engines going wasn't entirely undone but radiation filled the room and this time Vasquez had to pull him free. Scarlett turned to look at Elyse briefly.

"Captain, I've analyzed his attack. His pattern is 2 dimensional thinking," Spock said. "Kal, bring us to Z minus 10000 meters," Kirk said and Kal moved the ship down. "He'll be alright," Kal murmured to Elyse as he saw her tense up. He hoped he was anyway. And then, after they had a tactical burst of the Defiant Kal moved the ship back up. They saw The Defiant suddenly and Elyse just reacted with a determined look and fired. She scored a direct hit on their port warp nacelle.

"Fire," Kirk said. And she Fired again and hit their bridge. She fired a Torpedo and hit their warp nacelle again and it exploded and came off completely. "Good shooting Commander," Kirk said. "Amara tell them to surrender and to prepare to be boarded Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am

When they entered the Nebula the sensors went offline, which meant that Elyse would have to manually aim. It was risky, but the only good thing about it was that the Defiant was in the same position. Elyse had a lot of training with manual aiming, but the Nebula caused the viewscreen to cut in and out and she couldn't aim without seeing where the Defiant was in relation to the Enterprise. When the viewscreen came back on, Elyse had only seconds to take aim and fire. She cursed under her breath when she barely missed. She didn't have time to fire again before the viewscreen cut out again. When the viewscreen came back on the two ships were passing each other and she managed to aim and fire just as the Defiant did on them. The Enterprise shook as they took damage. Elyse felt fear rise inside of her as she heard that the damage was near sickbay. She hoped that Leonard was alright. She glanced at Kal though when he whispered to her that he would be alright. How did he know about her relationship with Leonard? 

Now, Elyse was angry and she planned to do severe damage to the Defiant. When she got a clear shot she took it and fired a direct hit on their port warp naelle. Then, she fired again and hit their bridge. She fired a third time and a torpedo hit their warp nacelle again and it came off and began to float free from the ship. 

Amara nodded and contacted the Defiant. "On behalf of the Federation of Planets, The USS Enterprise demands your unconditional surrender. Prepare to be immediately boarded."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Explosions went off all over the ship. Their warp core was down so there was no danger for a breach. But the bridge was smashed and large support beams were down at angles to the floor. Cables and wiring was everywhere along with bodies. A shaky, burned hand moved and gripped the edge of the helm panel. Khan managed to pull himself up but he fell. He paused to catch his breath, his right arm was broken and burned. He reached up again and managed to pull himself up. He looked at the screen, it was cracked but he saw the enterprise right there. He had that same, mad look in his eyes. His eyes shifted over to the genesis device and its control panel. A dark smile came onto his face as he crawled up to the control panels.

He began to initiate the build up to detonation. there were three stages and he began the first as he felt his life slipping way. "To the last, I grapple with thee!" he said as he began the second. " From hell’s heart, I stab at thee!" And he finally began the third and as he turned the switch, it said. 'COMMIT' on the small screen. "For hate’s sake, I spit my last breath, at thee!" As he suddenly lost the rest of his strength and dropped to the floor.

----------------

Carol Marcus came onto the bridge and looked around at everyone that was working. She had never seen Kirk or McCoy in action but she didn't see McCoy there. Amara was getting a message from engineering and she put it up on the main speakers. "Sir...I've got to take the mains...offline...its...Radiation," Scotty said as Vasquez and Doctor Chapel helped him to lay down.

"This is Doctor Chapel Captain, I don't know where Doctor McCoy is, sickbay took a hit and that section is blocked off," she said. "Vasquez is in charge of Engineering now Captain," she said. Carol listened and look worried. "Leonard..." She said in a tone that made it seem that she was very familiar with him and worried about him.

"Nathan I want you to organize a boarding party to secure the Defiant," Kirk said just as Scarlett began to sense an odd energy build up on the Defiant.

"Captain, there is an energy build on the Defiant, a wave pattern I've never seen before," Scarlett said. Spock turned toward her station and Carol, sensing the worst stepped up to her as well. She looked on in horror. "That's the Genesis wave, it's on a build up to detonation," she said. Kirk stood. "We'll beam aboard to stop it," Kirk said. Carol looked up at him. "You can't Jim," She said. Kirk sat back down. "Kal, move away from the Defiant as fast as possible," Kirk said. Then opened communications himself to engineering. "Lt. Vasquez, we need Warp Power or we're all dead," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Elyse felt her heart sink in her chest when Doctor Chapel informed the bridge that they didn't know where Leonard was. Panic began to set in. She wanted to go look for him, but she knew she had to stay where she was. She felt helpless to do anything to help him. She loved Leonard so much and she knew that if she lost him that she would lose apart of herself as well. 

She heard Carol Marcus say his name as well and in a tone that was familiar...intimately familiar. She looked over at Carol and she wanted to be angry, but she knew she couldn't be. Leonard had had a life before her and clearly this woman cared about him. She couldn't blame her for that. "I'm sure he'll be fine," she told her...and herself as well.

Amara looked over at Scarlett as she told James that there was an energy build up on the Defiant. When Carol informed them that it was the Genesis wave on a build up to detonation she knew that they needed to get out of here...and fast. She watched as James contacted Vasquez and she heard her response. "...Yes, Captain." The way Sofia said that made Amara's stomach churn. She got up from her station and walked over to the turbolift. No one saw her leave. She knew she needed to do something. She wouldn't let everyone on board this ship die...she just wouldn't. 

She quickly made her way to engineering and approached Sofia. "What needs to happen in order to get the Warp Drive functional again?" she asked urgently.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

"We have to take the mains offline first, purge the warp manifold then reset the mains. To do that though...I...I need to remove the plasma coupling which will only cause more radiation to seep out into the room. Its already flooded and I almost lost Scotty," she said in a very concerned and troubled voice. She had a pair of heat gloves and it was clear to Amara what Vasquez was going to do. Amara had some knowledge about what Section 31 had done to her. Illegal genetic alterations but nothing like what Khan had. These helped he body resist poisons and harmful effects like radiation, heat or cold. Likely how she survived being out in space as well.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next