The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a Rock Would Say Stardate 2259.182

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What a Rock Would Say Stardate 2259.182 - Page 2 Empty Re: What a Rock Would Say Stardate 2259.182

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Scarlett had cried herself to sleep. When she awoke, Spock wasn't there and she was overwhelmed by feelings of guilt and depression. Normally, Jim could make her smile and laugh, but not today. She wasn't sure she would ever feel like laughing or smiling again. She was quiet for a long time before she finally spoke. 

"I shouldn't be your Science Officer," she said. "I made a lot of bad decisions yesterday and there could have been more loss of life because of it...." She fought back a few tears that came to her eyes. The guilt she felt was undeniable. She finally managed to get herself back under control and she looked at him. "Sir, I accept full responsibility for what happened yesterday. Lt. Quinn and Lt. Kirk are not to blame. I believe you should find a new Science Officer."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

What a Rock Would Say Stardate 2259.182 - Page 2 Empty Re: What a Rock Would Say Stardate 2259.182

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:44 pm

"Nonsense, and I'm fairly certain Amara and Nathan might take offense for you taking responsibility for their actions. And I expect my Science Officers to be curious. That's why I approved your transfer Scarlett," he said and he looked around before he looked aback toward her.

"You were dealt a terrible blow so I want you to take sometime to grieve with your loss," Kirk said. "What you're feeling now...the pain of it, will subside eventually. I know you might not believe that but it's true," he said as he put his hand on her shoulder.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Scarlett looked down and nodded as tears began to stream down her cheeks. She did not know it, but James and Amara felt Scarlett and Spock's loss like no one else on the ship could as their chance to have a baby had also been taken from them. 

Later that day, Amara and Nathan sat in the ready room waiting for James to arrive. Amara had not gotten to see Scarlett yet, but James had told her that she was recovering. James had also asked her not to tell anyone about Scarlett's pregnancy and so she hadn't even told Nathan.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Kirk made them wait a little. He would not show favoritism to Amara. He couldn’t but he honestly didn’t know what he was going to do or say. Not really.

“I’m sorry Amara, I feel as if this was really all my fault,” Nathan said. “I was so concerned about the mission I didn’t think about...” he began but stopped as Kirk came in.

Nathan and Amara stood at attention when Kirk came in. He had a PADD under his arm. He handed one to each of them.

“Away mission protocol, I believe you too need refreshers on how do conduct yourselves while on an away mission,” Kirk said

“We do not destroy organic life unless you find yourself under attack. In this case, this Organic life tried to defend itself against us,” he said as he stopped in front of them.

“Allowing a colleague to make a mistake like this is just as bad as making it yourself. Starfleet away mission protocols exist for your own safety as well as the life forms we encounter. They are not designed to be flexible and neither am I...dismissed,” Kirk said.

Outside of the room Nathan was sweating. Someone like Kirk sounding so serious like that really got to him. He decided to
Make himself scarce for a while.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Amara and James were married but James was still her Captain and they had made a decision to be together despite this. Unfortunately, that meant situations like these where James had to be the authority. Amara remained quiet and professional during the entire thing. They made it a point to be completely professional while on duty in order to maintain the balance of authority. He couldn’t show favoritism towards her and she wouldn’t want him too. Amara was an adult and she had come a long way in the past year. She was now officially in Starfleet and she intended on following the rules and owning up to her mistakes. This was truly the first time though that they had been put in this situation.

Amara finished up her shift and then went to see Scarlett. She stayed with her for a while before heading back to their quarters. James wasn’t there yet but took out the bottle of Romulan ale she kept in their quarters and poured two glasses. When he walked in she could feel the awkwardness between them and that was what she didn’t want. She handed him one of the glasses.

“Figured we could both use a drink.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:12 am

Kirk did not like having to do what he did. Amara was more than just an officer under him. She was his wife, his love, his lust, hsi everything. Having to scold her like that bothered him. When he entered back into their quarters, he almost didn’t go in right away, he was thankful she was there with something strong to drink. Indeed he did feel awkward. Very much so. He didn’t like what happened and agreeing to be a certain way was alot different than being that.

“Amara...I think we need to talk,” Kirk said in that tone he took when he was going to tell her something she wasn’t going to like.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:09 am

Amara heard the tone in James’ voice and it, along with what he actually said, caused her gut to feel like it was being twisted inside of her. She downed her ale and decided to just pretend she hadn’t heard him. She moved over to the replicator.

“I’m hungry. I’m sure you are too. What would you like to eat?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:16 am

“I think I need to move you to beta shift,” Kirk said quickly to get it out before Amara found a way to distract him. She was very good at that.

Last edited by Conleth on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:34 am

Amara stopped when she heard what her husband had said. It wasn't the worst thing she could think of for him to say after this situation, but she didn't like it either. She was quiet a moment before she turned and looked at him. "No," she said plainly and rather firmly. "I've never known you to back down from something just because it got tough and I'm not going to let you start now. Yes, things got uncomfortable. I made a mistake...I'm human. I owned up to it and I never make the same mistake twice. I'm fine James. I'm ready to move on. Will situations like this one come up again? I'm going to try to ensure that they don't, but if so then we'll get through it. I'm the one working hard here to keep our professional life and our personal life separate. This problem lies with you right now...not with me and I'm not going to let you punish me for that. Now, what do you want to eat?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:51 am

Kirk sighed and the awkwardness he felt was still there like a sliver that had gotten under a nail. He was having a difficult time seeing Amara as his wife just then. She was his communications officer. And he needed her to perform that job. It was sapping his desire for her and he did not like that. He also didn’t care for how she spoke to him just then. He wasn’t in the mood to argue and just shook his head.

‘I’m not hungry,” he said as he tilted back and drank the ale in one go then set the glass down. “I’ve got reports to finish,” Kirk said as he turned his back to her to head to his office.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:13 am

Amara knew she needed to do something and quickly. She saw him start to walk towards his office and she pulled her shirt off over her head and let it drop to the floor. "Are you sure you're not hungry?" she said in that sexy voice she got when when was thinking about sex. She reached back and unhooked her bra and let it fall to the floor as well. She sat on the dining table. "Because I'm starving...."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:34 am

Kirk turned when he heard what sounded like clothes being removed. His eyebrows drew up in surprise when pale, perfect breasts came out of Amara’s bra as she pulled it from her body and let it fall to the floor. She shifted and sat on the table and gave him that look that beckoned him to come and take her. This was a pivotal moment for Kirk. If he denied and rejected her now it could create a rift in their relationship. What was about to happen might bring him out of this funk he was feeling. This time, but what about the next time he had to censure her? He didn’t like being in that position but he came over and put his hands on her and rubbed her nipples with his thumbs which made her body jolt as the feeling hit her center. She looked up at him with those brilliant blue eyes that looked both full of desire and a little sad or worried about him. He felt her legs draw him in closer and she reached up and pulled his head down to kiss her. She kissed him passionately and then pulled his head back. Her eyes grew more determined and he felt her hand shift back to take hold of his hair. She pulled him down to hr breast and took his hand and moved it to between her legs. And that was the end of any kind of rational thought as he took her there on the table.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2