The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something's Missing (October 2002)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Something's Missing (October 2002) Empty Something's Missing (October 2002)

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:20 am

Serena begged her mom to let her stay at home and be with Theo, but Isabella knew that Serena had a math test that day and she refused to budge on the matter. Serena sighed and eventually gave in. She took a shower and got dressed and Happy drove her to school. It was weird being there without Theo. Her parents had called the school to say that he was "sick", but Serena knew the truth. She just hoped he would be better by the time she got home. She and Theo had always been close and she hated worrying about him and knowing that there was nothing she could do.

She took her math test and though her mind wasn't entirely there, she answered all the questions correctly and, like usual, was the first one done. After History, it was time for lunch. Serena usually sat with Theo, but today she sat alone. She barely touched the food in front of her and didn't realize Harry had walked up until he suddenly sat down across from her.

"Oh...hi Harry."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Something's Missing (October 2002) Empty Re: Something's Missing (October 2002)

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:29 am

Harry was dressed finely, as usual. In a black shirt with a tweed sport coat and black pants. His hair was short and styled just so, and the expensive cologne he wore, just enough to get the girls that were close to him to shift toward him and take in his scent. As young as he was he knew how to work a room and he was always ‘on’ where ever he was.

He raised his eyebrows at the bland response. He normally was received with enthusiasm. “Should I back up and and sit down again? I think the room just got 10 degrees colder,” He said with a smile. He always had a smile for Serena. Several girls, some were Serena’s friends were watching them. There was alot of gossip involving them though they barely had spoken since the party. Harry though seized the opportunity, he was good at reading people. Something was bothering Serena.

“Whatever it is, whatever is wrong, you can always talk to me Serena,” He said softly and he reached and put his hand on hers.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Serena was usually much more smiley and engaged, especially where Harry was concerned. She felt his hand on hers and was unaware that people were watching them. A lot of the other girls at school were jealous of Harry’s attention towards her.

“Sorry, I’m just worried about Theo. He’s...pretty sick.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Theo was Harry’s friend too despite Harry's short-comings. He knew Harry was sweet on Serena and he just figured Harry was the devil he knew. He wasn’t a bad guy really, self-centered, over-confident. But also generous and kind to people no matter what class of person they were. He tended not to judge people either which Theo really liked.

“I’m sure he’ll be back up on his feet in no time Serena. I wish I had a sibling to worry about,” Harry said honestly. “Then maybe father would get off my back a little. You ‘could’ miss a math problem once in a while. You blow the curve up and you seem to never need to study. But, you’re a Stark so we all know where that comes from,” He said with a grin. “I do like your hair today too,” He added as he looked at her. He was trying to cheer her up and remind her that ‘he’ was there talking to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Serena couldn’t help but smile a little at what Harry said about her and math. She could never stay sad or upset long when Harry was around. He always knew what to say to make her smile or laugh. She blushed a little at his compliment about her hair.

“I was rushing this morning to get ready so I’m glad you think it looks good. Thanks for cheering me up. I always miss Theo when he’s not here and I hate being worried about him.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Harry smiled again. “Well, what’s wrong with Theo? It’s not just a regular cold or you wouldn’t be so worried about him,” Harry surmised. When she looked at him he held up his hands. “No, you don’t have to, I know you Starks like your secrets,” he said with a grin. “I bet,” he said in a softer tone and leaned in toward her. “You have lots of secrets Serena Stark,” he said and saw that her eyes were locked on his and her cheeks were filling up with color. His smile never slipped and for a time they just looked at one another.

“We..should, ya know, go see that movie,” he said as he leaned onto his hand that was supported by his elbow. “Maybe after Theo gets better? You’ll let me take you,” he said suggestovely.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Serena was usually much more confident around people, but when she got around Harry she always felt ill prepared for his compliments or the things he would say to her. She felt her cheeks flush when he suggested that she had secrets, like her parents. However, a smile tugged at the corner of her lips when he asked if he could take her to a movie after Theo got better.

"I would like that." She then glanced at some of the other girls who were still looking at them. "I'm not sure some of the other girls would like it," she added with a small grin tugging at the corner of her lips.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Harry only shrugged at her last comment, about the other girls. Harry was a big flirt but he definitely had a soft spot for Serena. She had something the other girls didn’t. And they knew it. Eventually lunch had to end and Harry walked Serena to her next class. He even carried her books for her then whispered a goodbye to her in her ear as he departed. Social studies was a requirement for all students and Mrs. Kreager began her class by playing music from the country they were to talk about. Suddenly Serena felt something whiz by her ear and a folded up note landed on her desk. When she looked around Jackie Pruit looked at her darkly. The note read.

‘You can just forget about going out with Harry, he’s taken. And your daddy won’t be around to keep you from getting your ass kicked.’

Jackie was one of the more popular girls. One of the first to actually wear makeup and do her hair a certain way. Her parents didn’t have money but Jackie was very pretty with long, blonde locks that streamed down to the middle of her back and large, blue eyes.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Serena was grateful that Harry had come to visit her at lunch. He had definitely made it less lonely for her without her brother. She let Harry walk her to her next class, Social Studies with Mrs. Kreager, and smiled a little when Harry whispered goodbye to her in her ear. Harry was definitely finding a way to worm his way into her heart. They were still quite young, but at that age when they were really starting to think about relationships.

Serena got settled in her seat and was pulling out her notebook for the class and a pen when she suddenly felt something get tossed onto her desk. She found it was a folded up note. She opened it and read what it said. She glanced around and saw that Jackie Pruit was practically glaring at her. She didn't respond to the note and did her best to ignore Jackie throughout class.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Class continued without any more of those kinds of incidents but Jackie still glared at her when Serena looked her way. When that class let out her next stop was her locker again to get her last 2 books for her last 2 classes. Just as she got everything together in her arm, Melissa, one of Jackie’s friends and Linda stepped toward her from behind. As she began to step away Melissa slapped her arms and all of her books, papers and everything else fell onto the floor with a crash. The two girls giggled and gave her dark looks as they stepped past her. As she bent down to gather everything up again she nearly butted heads with a boy.

Peter Parker was more or less a nobody at the school though Serena knew him as one of the smartest kids in school. She didn’t really know him though he was in many of her classes. Peter normally hung out with Ned, Flash Thompson and Mary Jane but today he was by himself.

“That wasn’t a very nice thing for them to do that,” He said as he helped her gather up her books, papers and pencils. He held the things he gathered until she was ready to accept them.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Serena left the class and headed towards her locker to get the books she needed for her last two classes. Just as she got everything into her arms and closed her locker, Melissa and Linda, two of Jackie's friends, stepped up towards her from behind and Melissa slapped her arms and caused her to drop her books and papers onto the floor. She sighed as she watched the girls walk away giggling. She bent down to gather everything up and as she did she nearly butted heads with a boy. She looked up and realized it was Peter Parker. She knew Peter to be another one of the smart kids in school, but she didn't really know much about him. She knew it usually hung out with Ned and Mary Jane, but today he seemed to be alone.

"They're friends of Jackie's and she's mad at me for the attention Harry Osborne has been giving me." She stood up and accepted the items Peter had gathered. "Thank you for your help."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 pm

“Harry’s a good guy. Is this a...a girl thing?” Peter asked not really certain what she meant. His cheeks flushed when Serena looked at him. He thought her extremely pretty and very smart. “Well, I’m Peter, Peter Parker,” He said and held out his hand for her but then realized her hands were full and awkwardly pulled his hand back. “It was...nice to meet you Serena,” he said quickly. “I, uh...um, cya around,” He said and then stepped away from her.

At the end of the day Happy was waiting to pick her up. When she got into the car he was ready with a small, chocolate shake. It didn’t take long to get home and when the elevator reached the top no one was there to greet her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Serena wasn't really sure how to respond to Peter. She then heard him introduce himself and extend his hand. She already knew who he was and her hands were too full for her to shake his hand. She watched as he awkwardly pulled his hand back. As he stepped away from her she saw Ned waiting for him down the hall and could hear Ned whispering loudly to Peter.

"Dude! You just talked to Serena Stark!"

Serena could not wait for the day to be over. She wanted to get home and check on Theo. She was grateful when Happy had a small chocolate shake waiting for her. He always seemed to know when she needed one, and today she certainly did. She immediately got into the elevator and headed up to the main living floor. She didn't see her parents and she quickly looked around for everyone.

"Mom? Dad?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 pm

“In here!” Her mother called. The voice came from Theo’s room. When she walked that way and ducked in she saw Theo turn his head to look at her. Her mother held a large glass with a straw in it. “I would have texted you but I didn’t want you to leave school early,” Isabella said. “Did I miss much?” Theo asked softly as he looked at her. When he saw her with the shake cup he inhaled surprised. “Awww, I didn’t know today was a malt day!” Theo said. “Mom, can I get up now?” Theo asked annoyedly. “I’m tired of this bed,” he said in nearly a whine, He certainly sounded like the Theo she knew.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Serena dropped down her bag and quickly rushed to Theo's room. She immediately smiled when she saw her twin brother awake and sitting up. She felt a wave of relief come over her and she nearly laughed at his annoyance at being stuck in bed. Yup, he was back to being himself alright. She handed him what was left of the chocolate malt. "Here, you can have the rest. I brought home your school work for you."

Isabella was still worried about Theo, but he appeared to be doing alright. "Ok, you can get up, but please be careful."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:10 am

Theo felt shaky still but he knew that whatever had happened, it was physically healed. The memories, the horror of what he saw though remained as if what had been done to her were done to him. He saw it from her point of view and he did not have the Super Soldier Serum in his veins like she did. He smiled at his mother as she stood up. Theo waited for their mother to leave before he turned to Serena. Once he knew she was gone he slumped and his face took on a deeply troubled look. When Serena shifted to go to him he held up his hand toward her with his finger extended to forestall her. His hands shook as he looked down at them and he drew them up and smoothed back his messy hair. There were tears in his eyes as he tried to compose himself. Obviously he was not alright. He let out a long, soothing breath and looked at his sister.

“The woman...Natalya Soko...lova. What they did…” He began but he felt bile rise up into his throat right then and he was forced to get up in a hurry and he ran to the bathroom. He just managed to fall to his knees and lift up the lid of the toilet as the little that was in his stomach came out. Convulsively he dry heaved until he could get back control over himself. He flushed the toilet and then stood and ran water in the sink and slurped up cool water as he pooled it from the tap into his hands. His hands still shook as he washed his mouth out.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 am

Serena watched as her brother slumped back against the headboard after their mother left the room. His whole mood changed and it became clear to Serena that he had been putting on a facade to her. Whatever had happened to Theo was still affecting him mentally. Serena started to open her mouth to ask her brother what it was that they had done to Natalya when suddenly Theo jumped up and rushed to the bathroom. She winced as she heard him become sick and she sighed and sat there until Theo came out. She looked over at him as he walked back over.

"If her presence here is going to affect you this much Theo I think Mom and Dad need to send her away. What if she has another nightmare?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:44 am

Theo’s face turned into an erictus of anger at what Serena said. “You sound like father! Technology and science can’t fix it so toss her into the garbage!” he growled and clenched his fists. He heard his own voice and felt how tense he had gotten and he visibly relaxed back. “I’m sorry Serena, I didn’t mean that,” he said in a calmer tone as he looked down at his hands. He took a moment to collect himself. “She is here now,” he said as he looked up at her. “She is our responsibility,” he said. His words and thoughts reflected everyone in the tower, not just his own. But his own morals were mixed into the bag of them all. He leaned forward and looked out into the main living area. Their mother was making dinner. And he sat back and turned back to Serena.

“I need to talk to her Serena, can you help me?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:08 am

Serena was visibly surprised at Theo's sudden anger towards her. He had never become angry at her like that before. After the day she had had she wasn't sure how she felt about it. "I only want you to be safe Theo. I saw you this morning just laying in bed staring up at the ceiling. You weren't blinking and you didn't respond to me or to anyone. That image is going to be forever burned into my memory. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Serena sighed when Theo asked her to help him talk to Natalya. Down the hall towards her parent's office she could hear her father, James, and Steve arguing about her. She spotted her mother in the kitchen making dinner. "I will help you, but I don't know how we are going to get into her room. The door is locked."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:23 am

Theo winced because he knew how they could get in. Theo had the ability to ‘suggest’ to people something and they would do what he suggested. He had only used that a handful of times. A couple times on Serena, when he was especially irritated with her. Once he had told her to go jump in the pool. He tried NOT to use that power. He tried VERY hard because using it to get what he wanted was not very honorable. This however...this was something a little different. He could help someone by using it.

“I know how,” Theo said though he frowned when he said it. “But, I could use your help...as a distraction,” Theo said. “She needs help Serena and mom said professor Xavier and Jean Gray were away on some kind of mission,” He said. “She relives all of her tortures over and over. How would you feel if you were raped and you had to relive it in your head every night? What would that do to you do you think?” He asked. And then he went on to describe one of the incidents when several men she did not know held her down while they had at her.

“I think I can create a buffer for her against these memories but she needs to let me do it or it won’t work,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:32 am

Serena knew what Theo was going to do. She sighed as she thought about what Theo told her. She didn't know much about Natalya, otherwise known as The Black Widow. All she did know was that her father did not want her there because of the terrible things she had done. Serena had once tried to do an internet search to learn more about her, but her father had blocked any internet searches using the term "Natalya Sokolva", "the SSB", or "The Black Widow". She knew that SHIELD had a file on her, but the likelyhood of her ever seeing that was slim to none. Theo, however, now knew a little bit about her from his psychic connection with her. Serena had known that she had done bad things, but she had never really considered the fact that bad things had been done to her.

"Ok, what do you need me to do?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:39 am

“I will tell James to open the door and to lock me inside it. If the door is open she will try to just leave...I think. Yep, Im pretty certain that’s what she’d do. So, no one can be in the main living area while I do that. And...and you’ll have to lie,” he said with another wince. “To everyone. You’ll tell them im in my room, sleeping,” he said. “When it all comes out, I’ll tell them I made you lie,” he said.

“So, maybe do something in the lab? Like maybe…” Theo began and then closed his eyes for a few moments as he searched for his father’s mind. He was working on a new gauntlet for his and mother’s suit. Theo smiled. “Try out the new gauntlet dad’s working on for mom,” Theo said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:52 am

Serena listened to Theo's plan and she thought it was good enough to try. She hoped her father wasn't going to kill her for going into his lab and using the gauntlet. However, it certainly would draw the attention of her parents.

"Alright...I'll do it."

She could still hear her father arguing with Steve and James about Natalya in his office. Thankfully, the lab came before the office. Otherwise, if he saw her he would likely question her about where she was going. At this point, she wasn't supposed to be in the lab without him there. His mood already wasn't great. This wasn't going to go well for her, but she needed to do it.

She walked down to the lab and stepped inside. She spotted the gauntlet laying on the worktable. It appeared to be mostly finished. She slipped it onto her right hand and aimed at the target her father had set up for testing purposes. She drew a deep breath and concentrated on her powers. Suddenly, an energy blast shot from the palm of the gauntlet and hit the target with a loud crash. Serena hadn't been prepared for the strength of the blast and she was flung backward on the ground. Thankfully, she didn't hit her head on anything.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Luckily for Theo James was in his room. He fluffed up his pillows  to resemble him sleeping with the covers over his shoulder. Once he heard the crash he winced but readied himself to run out and stop James. Once he saw the others run toward the lab he moved quickly toward James’s room. James appeared as he opened the door and looked down at Theo. He was about to speak but Theo interrupted him.

“Open Natalya’s door then go back to your room and lay down for a couple hours,” He suggested to James. James’s face held a puzzled expression but he began to move immediately. Theo moved with him up to the room and James placed his hand on the door. Once it read him, the door clicked open and James turned and moved back to his room and shut the door. Theo stepped inside Natalya’s room and closed the door behind him with a metallic click as the magnalocks re-engaged. 'Oh Theo, what are you doing!' he asked himself but he knew he had to try.

He didn’t see Natalya in the entry hall so he moved deeper into her apartment to find her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Serena looked up as she heard people rush into the lab. She looked over and saw her parents and Steve. Her father appeared relieved that she wasn't hurt, but she could see that relief quickly changing over to anger.

"Serena, what were you doing in here?" her mother asked. "I'm sorry...I was just curious about the gauntlet...I wanted to try it."

--------------------------------

Natalya was sitting on the floor in her bedroom. James had tried to come in a few times already and she had kicked him out. She was still extremely upset over what Tony had said to her and if she was going to be the monster then she didn't want James around her to ruin the second chance that he had been given. She heard someone enter her room and she could immediately tell that it wasn't James. The footsteps weren't heavy enough. She looked over and saw Theo. She was glad to see he was alright. She hadn't wanted to hurt him.

"You shouldn't be here."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next