The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012) Empty Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012)

Post by Conleth Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Gambit and Serena were enjoying their afternoon out. She had her phone on her but it had ran out of power and Gambit never carried one. They were playing putt-putt and just loving life as he caught Serena looking at her ring. Gambit chuckled “You must really like it, you’re looking at it about every few seconds,” he said as he lined up his shot He made his shot but it banked wrong and hit the windmill wheel and bounced back, nearly where it started. “Ok, I really hate putt-putt now,” Gambit said. Serena was kicking his ass so far.

-----------------

“Well, did you get a hold of her?” Tony asked. Isabella shook her head. “Damn!” He said. “Where could they be?” He asked. They informed Charles and everyone at the mansion and were at least, happy to know that they had just left a couple hours ago. FOr some reason though, an itch in the middle of Isabella’s back said that Serena was in danger. How she knew that she couldn’t say.

------------------

Logan was not going to put up with Natalya today. Her threats had really made him angry. He should have kept his mouth shut...true, but he knew she wouldn’t go for any of that anyway. He ‘would not’ apologize. The problem was, she was practically staying in his room now and she was in there now. Probably lounging on HIS recliner and drinking up HIS beer. Grrr! He growled but he would NOT give her the satisfaction of caving in. Nope, he could watch TV elsewhere and so he did.

Steve took a sip from his beer as he watched Logan flip through the channels. He looked over at Kate. “So, their really pissed at one another huh? What was it all about anyway? The moment she goes all nightmare, he’ll just be right back in there,” He said. “Logan as like that. Even though he was angry or furious at Natalya, and this was not the first time they’ve fought, he still did what she needed him to do.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012) Empty Re: Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012)

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Serena couldn't stop looking at the ring. It was so beautiful and it fit perfectly on her finger. She was extremely happy and it showed. She laughed at what Gambit said. "And why shouldn't I be looking at it? It's gorgeous. Have you seen it?" She glanced at the time and realized it was getting late. "As much as I love kicking your ass at putt putt...I think we should be getting back to the mansion. I need to charge my phone in case my parents try to get a hold of me."

-------------------------------

Isabella was frustrated. Serena's phone kept going to voicemail. Something in the back of her brain kept telling her that Serena was in danger. She wasn't going to just sit around at the Tower. "I want to go the mansion and wait for her there."

Natalya was pissed and she wasn't going to stay in Logan's room any longer. She started to move her things back over into her old room until she remembered that it was right next to Logan's room. She didn't want him to feel like he was her 'crutch' by having to listen out for her every night so she decided to move all of her things into an entirely different room that was down the hall. She finished moving her things into the new room and then she walked down to the living room. "I finished moving all of my things out of your room. Oh, and I moved to a room down the hall so you won't be bothered by my nightmares and feel like you're my 'crutch'."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012) Empty Re: Well, It's Only a Suggestion (July 2012)

Post by Conleth Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Logan was angry that Natalya hadn’t come to talk to him. He wasn’t the greatest with words but he thought that she might understand him. That wasn’t the case and when she came up to him he sighed,

“Nagalya, you know thats not what I meant,” He said as he leaned back on the couch to see her. “I meant, that If you were completely independent, how wonderful that that be. Even if it meant you didn’t really need me, He said with a scowl. He didn’t understand why she was being to difficult but she was and it made him crazy when she was

When Serena returned to the tower with Gambit she was surprised to see Isabella and Tony there in her room, waiting for her. “Serena, we’ve been trying to get in touch with you for hours!” tony said angrily. “We were out just enjoying the afternoon,” Gambit said defensively.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Natalya narrowed her gaze at Logan. "Clearly you don't want me to need you so I don't need you Logan. You don't have to make me coffee or pancakes or come to my room. I can take care of myself," she said before turning and walking away to her new room.

----------------------------

Serena blinked as she walked in to her room and found her parents waiting there in her room. They both looked angry and upset. "I'm sorry...my phone died..." It was then that she heard her mother gasp. "Is that a diamond ring?" She realized that she was still wearing her ring and now there was no denying her engagement to Gambit. She glanced at Gambit before looking at her parents. "Yes, it is. Gambit and I are getting married."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Logan got up and followed her quickly. “It's simply not true Natlay. I enjoy making you coffee and pancakes. It's not the same thing at all, He said. “And I don't know why you’re being so hostile. My feelings for you haven't changed but if you want to be stubborn, I cant stop you,” he said. “I love you like I;ve never loved another woman in my entire life...which is a very long time, but I stand by what I said. “If you’re happy as things have been then I’m happy. But if not, then consider the alternatives. I don't want you to move out and I don't think you use me as a crutch. I was angry, that's all” he said.

--------------------------

“What the hell?” Tony said. “Yes, we are engaged, Gambit said. “Its done and we’ve been thinking about eloping, He said which made Tony’s eyes bulge. “What!? Serena, are you OUT of your god damn mind!?” He asked angrily.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Natalya stopped and turned and looked at him. "Logan, this is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life...well maybe not this very second...but you know what the hell I mean. I don't want to screw that up. I don't want to take that chance." Tears came to her eyes. "I don't want to lose you."

----------------------------

Serena winced at her father's angry outburst. She stood there for a moment before shaking her head. "No, I'm not. If this thing with Nyx has taught me anything it's that time is fleeting and I want to live my life. I'm going to marry Gambit, whether you both approve or not. I, of course, would like my parents to be at the ceremony, but if you decide not to come then that's your decision."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 am

Tony said nothing more and he stormed out of the room and headed toward the stairs. Gambit sighed uncertain of what to do but he decided to go after him. Mainly because he did not like the look in Isabella’s eyes right then. He felt Serena try to grab his hand but he shifted it away and followed Tony out. He would not leave it like this.

————————

“Then don’t do it,” Logan said as he looked up at her. “No one can tell you what to do only make suggestions. That’s all. I don’t want to lose you either Natalya. I’ve never had so much as now,” he said softly. A rare moment from Logan. He was almost never like this. He stood and then embraced her and kissed her cheek. “I’ll always be there for you Natalya, always,” he murmured in between his gentle kisses.

Steve felt Kate loft his arm up and snuggled in under it as they watched from their doorway. He saw Kate smile and then when she tilted her head up to look at him he gave her a peck on the lips. They both smiled then drew back into the room.

“Well, c’mon, I’ll help you move your stuff back,” Logan said. And they moved together toward the room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:42 am

Serena was now left alone with her mother in her room. She looked at her and spoke more gently. "I love Gambit, Mom...and he loves me. Both of us lost someone we loved and now that we've found each other we don't want to lose each other. I know this seems sudden, but it feels right to us and we're both extremely happy. I really would like you to come to the ceremony. Will you come?"

--------------------------------

Natalya let Logan help her move her things back into their room. Before, some of her things had been left in her old room, but this time Logan moved all of her stuff in to their room, making things between them rather official.

After they were finished moving everything in, Natalya sat on the bed and looked at Logan. "Do you really feel like you're my crutch?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:27 am

Logan just looked at Natalya after what she said. He did not want another fight or argument right then but the way she asked made him believe she wanted an honest answer.

“What do you think would happen if I wasn’t here at all? I think that maybe you’d get by but at what capacity? Sometimes...sometimes it’s difficult for me to do what I do for you. But I know you need me and so I do it because you need me. I accepted responsibility for you Natalya. Normally, a person doesn’t do that for another person. But You know why I had to. If you couldn’t change, if you couldn’t be ‘healed’ I would have killed you myself before you harmed another innocent person. Now though...I do what I do because I love you. And not for any other reason. Your pain is my pain. Your happiness is my happiness. We’re connected, you and I. In a way that no one else will ever understand. But beyond that I am also your friend. And want you to not only feel whole but to be whole. And maybe that will just take time. Time I’m more than willing to spend. I won’t stop loving you because we fight or we get pissed at one another. Or I say the wrong thing and you get pissed at me,” he added because that’s what this whole thing was about.

“I’ve never been good with words Natalya. So I hope you understand me now. The SSB won’t get you as long as we’re together. So not a crutch but perhaps your shield,” he said.

———————

Isabella couldn’t stop the tears from falling. Everything was just happening so fast. She wanted to try and see Serena’s side of things but it was so difficult. ‘Why did she need to elope?’ She didn’t know. If she was going to marry Gambit then why couldn’t they just throw them a wedding?

“Do you ‘have’ to elope? Can’t we just throw you and Gambit a wedding? My parents, my brother, you’ve got family Serena,” she said but then remembered that a Gambit did not. This must have been his idea she thought. And that did make some sense but they couldn’t change that.

“Won’t you wait at least until we fix this thing with Nyx? At least hold off until then?” She asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Natalya felt tears come to her eyes as she listened to Logan. She knew that without Logan she would not have gotten to where she was today. She loved this man more than she could ever say and she felt more connected to him than anyone else in this world.

“I know I don’t say it as often as I should but I want you to know how much I love you. There is no one else in this world I want by my side than you. I appreciate everything you do for me. You make me a better person Logan.”

———————————

Serena looked at her mother and was relieved when she didn’t try to talk her out of marrying Gambit. She thought about what she asked and gave a little nod. “Gambit and I have already discussed that. We’re going to wait until Nyx has been taken care of. I will talk to him about having a real wedding...as long as Dad doesn’t kill him first.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Gambit had caught up to Tony on the stairs. “You’re the last person that I really want to talk to right now Gambit,” He said. “But I need to talk to you Tony. This is happening and we love each other,” Gambit said as they hit the ground and they began to walk down the hall. Tony rounded on him and got into his face. He had an angry expression and Gambit knew that Tony wanted to hit him right then. Men of action knew that sort of thing and he definitely knew now.

“Oh? And I bet you and Rogue were ‘happening’ as well. And you did an excellent job with protecting her!” Tony growled and turned back and began to walk again. “That’s not fair Tony,” Gambit said and grabbed hold of Tony’s shoulder. Tony turned and struck Gambit on the mouth though Gambit nearly blocked it and then by instinct reposted and hit Tony back in the cheek. After that the two men began to exchange punches and then they began to fight one another.

Tony caught Gambit’s foot and then came in and elbowed him in the stomach. Gambit headbutted Tony hard in the forehead and then hit him in the side of the head with his forearm. Soon the sounds of breaking furniture, an expensive vase that was knocked over and shattered resounded from the lower level. Grunts and growls from the two men in between the sound of body parts hitting other body parts. The kids that were close by suddenly had other places to be right then and the hall quickly cleared out as the two men continued to fight one another. Gambit was fast and well-trained but Tony knew more kinds of martial arts. They were fairly evenly matched and they were destroying the section of hallway they were in.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Isabella and Serena suddenly heard the sounds of crashing and things breaking downstairs. They looked at each other before jumping up and racing out of her room and downstairs to the main floor where they found Tony and Gambit involved in a physical altercation. Serena was mortified by what was happening, but Isabella was just plain angry.

"Stop it! Both of you!" Her voice spoke volumes about how she was feeling right then and both men would know that she meant business.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm

The two men paused in mid swing and they both had a hold of the other’s shirt. Blood oozed from their noses and their mouthsand finally Tony let go of Gambit as Gambit let go of him. Tony wiped his mouth and the two men panted do to the exertion. He looked up at them two women who looked down at them. His eyes shifted from Isabella to Serena who looked horrified.

“I’m disappointed in you Serena,” Was all Tony said and he turned and stepped further down the hall. Gambit said nothing as he too wiped at the side of his mouth as he bled. His eye was sore too and his shirt was torn in the altercation. He looked up and mouthed the words. ‘I’m sorry’ to her though Isabella’s angry look made him shift his gaze to the floor.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Isabella sighed and followed after Tony. She managed to catch up to him and she pulled him to a stop so she could talk to him. "I'm disappointed in you Tony. You and Gambit aren't children. You shouldn't behave like children. Do you want to lose our only child? Because you're coming pretty close. They are both adults and they made this decision and you can either accept that and continue to be apart of Serena's life...or not. Admittedly, Gambit would not be my first choice, but it isn't up to me to decide who makes Serena happy. And I would like to remind you that my parents didn't like you either at first. They told me I was making a mistake by being with you and then marrying you. They thought you were going to bring me nothing but heartache, but now my parents love you and have accepted you as apart of the family. They gave you a chance...can't we extend that same feeling towards Gambit?"

Serena sighed and walked over to Gambit. She helped him back up to her room and into the bathroom. She got a clean towel and wet it and began to clean the cuts. "I'm sorry Gambit," she told him softly.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:42 pm

“She’s 20 and acting like a lovesick schoolgirl. She hasn’t given herself time to get over Evan. You should NOT encourage her Isabella. She’s not thinking with her brain. Don’t compare me to...this,” He said as he looked at her. “It’s bad enough that...that,” he began and then his resolve began to melt as his eyes welled up with tears. He had tried to hard to be strong for his family but he was beginning to lose that strength. He felt as if he was losing her and Gambit only made that fact more real. Serena deserved someone who could challenge her mentally as well as emotionally. Gambit was a boy in a man’s body. He had no family, few friends and he gambled for a living. How could he approve of a man like that?

--------------------------------

“It’s not your fault Serena. I should have just walked away,” Gambit said as he let her tend to him. He winced when she touched his eye though. It was going to bruise for certain.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Isabella sighed and pulled Tony into a bathroom on the first level and closed the door and locked it. She then put her arms around him and hugged him. She knew how he was feeling. They were both fearful for Serena's life with regard to Nyx and they both wanted what was best for her. "They're not going to do anything right now until Nyx is dealt with. That will give Serena time to continue to think about everything."

-----------------------------

"My parents are both protective of me...especially my father. I think this just caught them off guard."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:05 pm

“I feel so damn helpless. There’s nothing we can do for her. I’m her father, I’m supposed to be able to protect her. Gambit is not what she needs right now, he’s only what she thinks she needs. One day she’s gunna wake up and see it Isabella. And by then it might be too late,” he said.

---------------------------

“Well, what are they doing here anyway?” He asked. “Its like everytime I get a chance to just relax with you, something is happening,” Gambit said. “I’m worried about...Nyx Serena. I thought you killed Kate,” He said. “She’s powerful,” Gambit said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Isabella looked at her husband as she helped him start to get cleaned up. "Is that why you brought that Peter Parker to the Tower? To try and sway her away from Gambit?"

-----------------------------

Serena looked at Gambit. "They are taking me to Wakanda. They are a technically advanced civilization and the King there is a friend of my parents. He believes they might have the technology to separate Nyx from me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Tony just looked at Isabella. “If we had the Dark Matter, you’d not be asking me that question. But I’ve got to know Peter a little and I do like him. Serena would to if she spent any time with him. And I’m not happy that she didn’t go back to finish her degree either,” He said. “She should, she has alot to offer the world,” He said.

----------------------

Gambit frowned at what Serena said. “Will I be able to go with you? I don’t want us to be apart right now,” Gambit said worriedly. He took her hand in his and rubbed her ring with his finger. “I go where you go Serena, ok?” He said but it was not a question.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Isabella sighed and looked at Tony. "She's still figuring things out. Give her a little more time. I'm sure she will go back to school and finish her degree. Right now we just need to get her to Wakanda and get Nyx taken care of."

----------------------

Serena looked at Gambit. "Of course you can come with me. I want you there with me. I wouldn't have it any other way."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:37 pm

The jet landed back at the tower for refueling and they all needed to pack for the trip. As they filed back into the tower however Kate was in the kitchen preparing a meal. Logan, Peter and Steve sat on the couch next to one another and Natalya was sitting next to a man that none of them recognized. He was extremely handsome, with long, black hair and dark, nearly black eyes. He was in black clothes with gold trim that were of an odd style. Natalya was dressed in a very short, black cocktail dress, one of the dresses that Malcolm had bought her and by the way she sat she was very interested in the man. She was smiling and playing with his hair as he ate noodles from a bowl. Kate was making a sauce and she had nothing on at all but a cooking apron.

“H, I was wondering when you’d show up. You are Tony Stark..You are Isabella Stark and you...you I don’t know. But you...Serena Stark, I’ve been waiting for you,” He said as he chewed. He smiled as he looked down into his bowl. “These...what did you call them Kate? Noodles? Are quite tasty,” He said.

“Oh, Thank you so much!” She beamed and gave Natalya a sour look of jealousy.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Isabella was already making a list in her head of the things they needed to pack. She wanted to get started right away so they could leave as soon as possible. Gambit and Serena had already packed some bags back at the mansion and the left those bags on the jet. Isabella could hear people in the living room so she walked that way to tell the others to get packed and ready to go. However, she was greeted by a strange sight. A stranger sat in her living room. He was quite handsome, with long, black hair, and almost black eyes. There was something...odd about him. She then noticed Natalya, who was dressed in a very short black cocktail dress, and was all but sitting on this man's lap as she played with his hair. Logan, Peter, and Steve were seated on the couch next to each other and just looking at them Isabella knew something was very wrong. Then...she saw Kate. Kate was in the kitchen cooking and was wearing nothing but an apron. Isabella gasped...but it was what the stranger said to Serena that made her blood run cold.

"Gambit...take Serena and leave immediately..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 pm

“And thank you Isabella, names are essential for what I do. Gambit, you can sit next to Peter,” He said. Gambit knew he had never met this man before but he found himself doing exactly as the man said. He moved next to where Peter sat and sat next to him. All 4 men sat side by side on the couch. “Isabella...I...can’t…” Logan said as if he were fighting desperately against something. The man hissed. “You know Logan, you are beginning to bore me. You will remain where you are,” He said ans Logan’s face seemed to normalize as if what he was doing was completely natural. “Come in, come in, Kate’s making us some sauce, aren’t you Kate?” He said. “Oh yes Soran, they’ll be plenty!” She said excitedly. Natalya leaned forward and kissed the man’s cheek. Her hair was up with loose strands of curls that were intentionally left out.

“Come in Isabella. You too Tony and ofcourse You, Serena,” He said. Tony closed the doorwall and came toward the man a few steps then stopped. “Who are you and what are you doing in our home!?” Tony asked angrily.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Isabella felt compelled to walk into the living room. It was a strange sensation. It was as if she had no control over her body. She just had to do what this man told her. "What is it that you want?"

Serena didn't move. She wanted to turn and flee, but wasn't sure she would be able to get away in time. She didn't fully understand what was happening, but he appeared to be controlling everyone somehow.

Natalya lightly ran her fingers down Soran's jawline and then over his lips. She practically purred in his ear as she touched him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:33 pm

“I’ve been waiting for you Serena and I am not a very patient man. I can ‘feel’ mother...she’s so close now,” He said. “So you’re from the plane of Chaos too?” Tony asked. Soran smiled. “I am and I selected a body that is visually pleasing...at least I think so,” he said as he turned to Natalya. “Do you find this body pleasing Natalya?” He asked. “Oh yes,” Natalya said and her lips trembled when she spoke the words. He had given her several suggestions. Obviously she was completely in love with him.

“Come and sit Serena, talk with me,” Soran said. “Isabella, I am thirsty...and this...what did you call it?” He asked Natalya. “Bourbon my love,” she said in a breathless voice. “I wish to have more Bourbon,” He said and held up his glass for Isabella to take. Oddly, after his initial suggestion, Serena didn’t feel compelled to do what he asked. When she didn’t move Soran looked at her oddly. “Ah...obviously having mother in your head has afforded you some ability to resist me. “Well..” He said then looked at the 4 men. “Peter, I’d like to see how long you can hold your breath,” he said and Peter took in a breath then began to hold it.

“Come Serena...Peter here really wants you to come and sit with us,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next