The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Healing Begins (November 2014)

2 posters

Go down

The Healing Begins (November 2014) Empty The Healing Begins (November 2014)

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:12 am

It was early November and there was a crisp, coolness to the air and the first snowfall of the year was expected to happen within the next few days. The past few weeks had brought change to Serena's life. She had begun teaching her two science classes and after a bout of first time teaching nerves, she had gained some confidence and was enjoying the experience. She often went to Hank or Charles for advice and feedback and they were pleased to see her really take on this new role with enthusiasm. Serena loved science, math, technology, and engineering and was happy to pass on whatever knowledge she had. Her students excelled under her and many of them who had not enjoyed science before now found they looked forward to her class. Serena loved using experiments in her classroom and instilled a sense of curiosity and wonder into her students.

When she wasn't teaching or training she was with Gambit. Gambit's room had been cleaned and repaired but he barely spent any time there. Their nights were either filled with passion or with tender intimacy. Their love was undeniable, but Gambit did not push her to officially make a clear decision. He knew that she was still healing mentally in regards to Peter and she had not yet fully sorted out her feelings for him. No matter who she chose she was going to love both men. Gambit made Serena feel loved, valued, appreciated, and incredibly beautiful. But their love went beyond just physical attraction. There was a deep seeded trust there that she wasn't sure she would ever feel with Peter again.

She had kept in touch with her parents. They spoke either through texts or on the phone daily. They kept her apprised of Peter's recovery. They had come to visit her at the mansion two weeks ago, but now she was going to travel to the Tower to see everyone and see Peter. This visit was arranged in advance with Charles. Gambit would be going with her, not just for emotional reasons, but for safety reasons as well. There had been no further attempts on her life, but they did not plan to let their guard down anytime soon.

Natalya and Steve picked up Serena and Gambit in the Avenger's jet and brought them into the city. Serena held Gambit's hand as they sat in the jet. When the Tower came into view she squeezed his hand a little. She had no idea what to expect with Peter and was mentally preparing herself for anything.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Healing Begins (November 2014) Empty Re: The Healing Begins (November 2014)

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 am

In the weeks that followed, Gambit’s love for Serena did nothing but grow. His love and his concern for her safety. There had always been passion between them but Serena had begun to ‘let go’ of her inhibitions and was allowing herself to express herself fully to him. Not because he asked it of her, Gambit rarely asked Serena for anything, but he felt it was because she wanted to not only feel closer to him but to ‘be’ closer to him as well. And she was. Gambit was indeed thankful that Serena had no idea of the power she held over him.

They ate together, took showers together and they slept together. Gambit wasn’t really concerned about her feelings for Peter anymore but he still felt a certain amount of apprehension when it came to her and Peter. He had been her first love, and a first love was always difficult to forget. He was happy that they rescued Peter but he didn’t want that act t be the demise of his and Serena’s relationship either.

There had been no more attempts on her life. But that didn’t change the fact that Gambit still polled security whenever he was able to. And he scrutinized anyone new brought to the tower personally. This even at the Tower also gave him pause but regardless of his objections to her they were both now on a jet headed to the Tower.

As Natalya made her final approach the jets proximity warnings went off and two blips appeared on her radar. She knew that they were missiles and they were coming in fast.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 am

Natalya had been about to activate the landing gear in the jet when suddenly the proximity warnings went off and two blips appeared on the radar screen. She saw Steve see them too and they exchanged a look before she quickly rolled the jet to avoid the missiles. She began muttering obscenities in Russian, but remained calm. Serena and Gambit had both also heard the warnings and Serena's grip on Gambit's hand tightened. Natalya activated the missiles on the jet. They were able to target and lock on to the other two and were designed to take them out.

Meanwhile, Isabella and Tony had been waiting for the jet to land and could see what was happening. They had both already called their suits and were both in the air in a matter of seconds.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Seeena could not put her suit on. Not when the jet was rolling and trying to evade whomever it was that was attacking them. The muffled sound of two explosions were heard in the distance and as Tony and Isabella flew up they saw 2 more missiles bearing down on the jet.

“Isabella try to keep them away from the jet. Use your flechette ammunition,” he said. “I’ll Try to find out where their coming from,” he said. As the missiles closed in Natalya evaded again but one of them seemed to continue to track on the jet. Isabella released her flechettes and the pieces of metal created an energized cloud. Once the missile Flew into it it exploded.

Tony began to run a trace program to try and figure out where those Missiles had come from. Two more blogs appeared and Tony triangulated the source. A helicopter was hovering just behind a tall building. It must be popping up to deliver the missiles and then drop back down again. He flew toward it as fast as he could.

Isabella saw the two missiles and so did Natalya she had managed to come back around but her angle was terrible
And the missiles were almost coming right at her. Isabella released more flechettes but only one missile was destroyed by them. Natalya tried to pit and roll but the missile clipped their left wing and it exploded taking the wing with it. Emergency peeps were going off on the cockpit as Natalya struggled to retain control of the jet. With half of a wing gone there just wasn’t any way that they weren’t crashing. Gambit squeezed Serena’s hand and gave her a pained look.

————————

Five minutes before...

Doctor Strange suddenly appeared on the helipad. He gave To y a start and smiled at Isabella. “There is a helicopter about to shoot missiles at the jet. It’s over there,” he pointed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Isabella was shocked when Stephen Strange suddenly appeared in front of them and even more so to hear that a missile was about to shoot down the jet. They had known Stephen long enough to know not to question him but just to act. Within seconds their suits were on and they were in the air. They sent a warning message to Natalya and Steve. Natalya prepared to have to quickly maneuver the jet but was hoping Tony and Isabella would be able to handle it. Serena was startled to look out the window next to her and see her parents in the air. Then she saw the helicopter.

Tony and Isabella began to work together to take out the missile system. They didn’t want to helicopter to crash though since they were directly over the city.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:18 pm

After the helicopter had been dealt, it was a drone, no pilot, they all met back up at the helipad. No one but Strange knew what had happened and Tony and Isabella were delighted to greet their daughter at the tower once more. Gambit’s reception wasn’t a warm one but it wasn’t cool either. They both knew what he had done to keep her out of danger and first the first time Tony shook his hand.

Peter was in his old room and he preferred not to have any lights on. As they all entered into the tower Isabella took Serena aside.

“He’s not as he once was Serena. But I do see some of the old Peter now and again. I think he remembers what he did and he is trying to deal with those feelings of guilt and remorse. He needs you Serena, more than ever now.” She whispered as her eyes filled up with tears.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Serena found she was decidedly nervous about seeing Peter, which was an odd feeling for her in regards to him. So much had recently happened and she didn't think he was ever going to be exactly the same after what happened. In fact, she didn't think she was ever going to be the same again either. She stood outside of Peter's bedroom door and took a deep breath before knocking. When she heard him say she could enter she stepped inside. It was dark in the room as her mother had told her it would be, but her eyes quickly adjusted. She saw Peter sitting in his lounger chair and she slowly walked over and sat on the edge of the bed in front of him.

"Hi Peter."

Meanwhile, Isabella decided that she and Tony needed to break the ice between them all. It was becoming more evident to her that Gambit was going to be permanently in Serena's life and she wanted to make things less awkward between them all for her daughter's sake. She walked with Tony and Gambit towards the kitchen.

"Would you care for something to eat or drink Gambit?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:58 pm

For a long time Peter only looked at Serena. His eyes were the same yes, bright blue but that boyish innocent cast to them was gone. “Hello Serena.” He said softly. “Isabella said that I dont have anything to apologize for...but...I’m so sorry for hurting you,” he said and he cast his eyes down to the floor.

“I remember everything but it’s all like a haze in my head,” Peter said. “I can see myself doing...those things but I don’t know why I did them,” he explained.

“Bourbon neat and a whiskey sour with ice for Serena, thank you,” he said. “Scott wanted me to thank all of you here for helping us with Peter,” he said

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 pm

Serena's heart broke a little as she looked at Peter. He had been through so much...they both had. "It was the suit Peter. It was alien in nature and it affected you." She slowly moved off the edge of the bed and knelt down on the floor in front of him. She took his hand into her own and gave it a gentle squeeze. "All that matters though at this point is that you are safe and alive. I know you didn't mean to hurt me."

Isabella nodded and began to prepare the two drinks. As she did she glanced over at Gambit. "Well, Peter is practically family and since his aunt was killed we are all he has left." She was quiet for a moment before looking at him again as she handed him the Bourbon neat. "How is Serena doing?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 am

“You can ask her yourself,” he said as he picked up his drink. “It took alot for her to leave the tower. To step away from you but she felt it was something she had to do. She was...very upset but I cautioned her about making hasty decisions. She seems to be stubborn and has a bit of a temper. I wonder where she got all of that from?” He asked innocently though he did grin.

------------------------------

“All that matters? What about us? Our plans, what we talked about since high school. Those things matter,” Peter said softly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 am

Isabella gave Gambit a little bit of a smile and then poured herself and Tony a drink. She gave Tony a look to encourage him to say something to Gambit. "Well, I'm glad she's doing well. She seems to be enjoying teaching."

----------------------------------

Serena really didn't know what to say to Peter, except the truth, as difficult as it was going to be. "I think...things have changed between us Peter and we both need time to heal. I want us to still be in each other's lives though. You're still my best friend."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:26 am

Tony really didn’t know what to make of Gambit. Most of his life he was somewhat of a rapscallion. And someone who things his own way and for his own purposes. He had come to the X-men though and that said something about him. About who he was now not who he used to be. ‘People can change Tony, you did and you have Isabella to thank for that,’ That voice said in his head.

He extended his hand to him. “Well just the same, thank you for keeping her safe Gambit. God knows she won’t do that for herself,” he said a bit more darkly than he meant it right then. Gambit shook his hand and smiled at him. “The students love her, I think she might get alot from the experience,” he said back to Isabella.

--------------------------------------

Peter felt the loss deep in his heart as if what was left was a gaping hole. “But...I didn’t know...I didn’t mean for any of this to happen Serena,” he said just barely keeping himself together. His hands shook and he pressed them over his face. “I have these...strong feelings for you as if nothing has changed,” he said as he rubbed his hands down then set them into his lap.

“I want things to go back to the way we were, I need you Serena,” he said as he looked at her. “Please,” He said desperately.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:42 am

Isabella slid Tony’s drink over to him and then took a sip of hers. She was pleased to see Tony trying to be civil and friendly towards Gambit. He desert second chance from them and he made Serena happy. He also very clearly loved her and she appreciated that he looked after her so.

“So, do you teach any classes yourself?”

——————————————

Serena’s heart was breaking in her chest and she had to fight back some tears as she looked at Peter. “I know you didn’t mean for any of this to happen Peter and this is so difficult for me but I know it’s whats best for us. I’m still going to be here for you when you need me, I promise.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 am

“I do not but I do watch over the students, especially when they are outside. The mansion’s grounds are there for them and we try to provide a safe environment for them,” he said.

------------------------------

In Peter’s mind that voice, that angry voice threatened to come out. It wanted his hands around her throat, it liked them there. However the old Peter was beginning to take over that voice. Control it and stamp it out. It was so difficult though. His mind knew who she was and remembered everything. He remembered what he did for her to bring their Prom back so they could experience it. He remembered giving her his promise ring.

“Than will you wear this? So I know you will come back to me?” he asked as he presented his promise ring to her. He held it in his palm.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am

Isabella gave Gambit a warm smile. "Well, that is quite important too. So your power is kinetic in nature?"

--------------------------------

Serena looked down at the promise ring and swallowed back her tears. A vivid memory of him choking her came back into her mind and she remembered throwing that ring at him. She had to take a moment to breathe out and then she closed her eyes and slowly shook her head.

"No, Peter. I can't. I...I can't be anything more than your friend, but I want to be your friend. Please...please understand."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 am

“It is, I can charge any object, large or small with kinetic energy. I am really good and throwing playing cards so I always have a couple packs of cards on me,” he said then gestured with his hands. Two cards appeared in his hands, a King of Diamonds and a Queen of Clubs. “Yours and Tony’s cards, for instance,” he said. ‘No need to tell them all of his tricks though he had prepared these cards to draw out earlier.’

-------------------------------

Peter’s anger surged and though he shifted he held himself down though just barely. “Get...out,” He said angrily. “Get out!” He shouted. “Get out, get out, get outttt!” he demanded furiously and practically had to sit on his hands to keep them from moving toward her throat. He didn’t even know why he was so angry or even why he wanted to strangle her. It was like a memory he had once had but it wasn’t really his. It had belonged solely to the alien. Once the door closed behind her peter began to tear apart his room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:06 am

Isabella was extremely interested in Gambit’s powers. She smiled a little at the two cards he produced and glanced at Tony but then she suddenly heard Peter’s voice yelling at Serena. They all suddenly rushed towards Peter’s room just as Serena rushed out. She was in tears and she pushed past them all just to get away.

Isabella could hear Peter ripping apart his room. She glanced at Tony and cautiously cracked open the door so Peter could hear her voice.

“Peter, I need you to stop.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am

“Aw hell,” Gambit said then took one last sip of his drink then sat it down on the counter. He headed toward Serena but she just stepped past him as we all as her parents. He turned to run her down though he let her head outside onto the helipad. He closed the door wall behind him then grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.

He saw that she was crying but he brought his hands to cup the sides of her face. His eyes were intense on hers and he frowned as he looked at her. “Hey, hey hey,” He began as he felt her trying to push him away. “Stop,” he said annoyedly. “We knew this wasn’t going to be easy Serena, he is not himself. You keep expecting him to be what he’s not,” he said plainly.

---------------------------------

Peter was panting hard and he responded to the familiar voice by stopping as he lifted up the tv to smash it down. Instead he set it back down on the dresser. His clothes were everywhere and the closet, recliner and bedside table were completely destroyed. “I HATE you Serena!” he shouted.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 am

Serena hated herself for doing this to Peter, even if she did know that it was the right thing to do. It didn’t make it any easier. Up until very recently she had expected them to get married, but now she wasn’t even sure if they would be able to push past everything to just remain friends.

She looked up at Gambit as tears shimmered in her eyes. “He tried to give me back the promise ring and I had to turn him down. I hate myself for having to do this to him.”

—————————-

Isabella knew she needed Natalya. Thankfully she and Logan were still in the Tower. She contacted her through the comm link and told her to bring a tranq gun.

A moment later Natalya and Logan were there. Natalya opened the door just enough to aim. She aimed and hit him in the neck.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 am

“He needs to know he can't manipulate you. Honesty is the only way to proceed. You did the right thing Serena though he punished you for it. Please stay strong Cherie Mwen. Stay strong for him,” he said. “Don’t let him get under your skin. Once he realizes that civility wins and anger loses he will stop doing this,” Gambit reasoned. “He is a scientist after all,” he added then let loose his grip on her face in preparation to let her go.

-----------------------

“Jesus, again?” Logan barked and he saw Natalya grab her pistol, flip the barrel and load the tranq clip in it. He followed her out into the main living area and they moved together toward Peter’s room. Isabella held the door slightly as Natalya aimed then shot. Peter didn’t even flinch as the dart sank into his butt. He only turned toward her. Then, slowly his eyes fluttered and he moved to sit down. Once on the floor he shifted onto his side and his eyes closed.

Logan ofcourse, knew what this was like. He had been treated much the same way in the past. He definitely didn’t like it. “So this is what we’ve come to Isabella? Treating him like some wild animal that gets subdued when he acts out? It will not do,” He said in a rasp.

“What would you have her do, Logan? This is the fourth time he’s lost control. Either he will stop this or he will not. If not then I see no other choice for us,” He said and Logan got up into his face. “Screw your no other choice bullshit, he needs real help, not confinement,” He said. He felt Natalya’s hand on his shoulder and her touch seemed to make him relent. He didn’t apologize though. He felt he was right in this.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Serena looked into Gambit’s eyes as he spoke to her. His words were calming and she knew he was right. It was hard for her not to become emotional over Peter though. They had known each other for a long time and had been through a lot together.

“I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have you in my life Gambit.”

—————————————

Isabella sighed as she looked at Logan. “I didn’t want to do this either, but I couldn’t let him just destroy everything. I know he needs help. Tony and I have been trying to come up with a solution. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Gambit smiled at her. “C’mon, you’d do what you had to do, you’re a survivor like your parents,” he said and then just held her for a while.

-------------------------

“I have an idea but I don’t know if she’d want to come. Here and I didn’t exactly end on great terms...if that isn’t a surprise,” he said. “Shadowcat...Kitty Pride, a former X-man...she could help Peter but I don’t know where she ended up. She could be in the Mansion or...anywhere,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Serena let Gambit hold her for a while before she looked back up into his eyes. He would see nothing but he devoted love for him. She leaned up and kissed him. The kiss was soft, but at the same time full of love and passion...exactly the way he made her feel.

———————-

Isabella listened to Logan and glanced at Tony before looking back at Logan.

“Why do you think she would be able to help him?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Logan glanced at Natalya once more. He had never spoken about this at all to anyone, not even her. He had been captured by Striker and do to his memory loss their assault upon him to take him had made him furious. As a result he killed several soldiers and they had locked him up and tried to manipulate his mind using various methods. He was like a beast in a cage.

“When I escaped Strikers underground compound...I...we found one another. She helped me find who I had been,” He said. “She has a mutation...well several in fact but one imparticular that helped peep back the layers of manipulation that Striker had done to me. I think she might be able to help Peter in the same way,” he said. "I don't know if she will be willing though, we didn't end on the greatest terms," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Isabella was intrigued by what Logan told her about this girl. It certainly did seem like that could help Peter. Natalya had not heard this story and she lightly rubbed his back as she knew her touch was soothing to him.

“Do you think Charles would know where she is?” Isabella asked.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down