The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Form a Love Triangle

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to Form a Love Triangle - Page 2 Empty Re: How to Form a Love Triangle

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Gambit sighed but there was nothing he could do about it. If she wasn’t in the mood she just wasn’t. He decided to just focus on the food and drink after that but he had a suspicion of what was wrong with her tonight. ‘Peter’ had come back to the tower and she was most likely thinking about him. Well there was little he could do about that either. He was not in control of her after all. The cab ride home was uneventful, usually they were making out or talking but Gamb found that he had very little to say. Gambit did few slight of hand tricks with his cards but mostly just to amuse himself. He felt like starting up an argument with her but he knew better than to do that in public. “I noticed you drank alot of Saki,” he said softly. “Is it Peter that you’re trying to forget?” He asked. Ok, well he had almost made it home!

---------------------

“Ok whoa!” Tony said as everyone laughed. “That time in Kandahar was...was not my fault. My suit ‘s guidance system was damaged!” he said as he held his glass trying to defend himself. “I remember that. You nearly destroyed the entire village. Was there a wall you didn’t knock down?” Logan said and they all laughed uproariously at that. “Kid, if you want to see a weapon of mass destruction,” Logan said and gestured toward Natalya. Peter gaped open-mouthed and Tony slapped the table as he laughed. Isabella laughed but put her hand on Natalya to show she was laughing with her. “Taco bell, is not your friend,” He said and Natalya’s look of indignation was so harsh Logan put his hands up as if he were afraid she was going to hit him.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Serena was decidedly not herself tonight. She was quiet throughout the remainder of their dinner, and drank even more Saki. After they had finished they hailed a cab and she sat quietly next to him. They usually had a difficult time keeping their hands off of one another, especially after they had had alcohol, but tonight Serena just looked out the window. She could see Gambit playing with his cards from the reflection in the window and could see him glance at her several times before finally speaking. What he said though caused her to become very angry. She looked at the cab driver. "Pull over and let me out." The cab driver glanced at Gambit, trying to figure out what he should do.

------------------------------------------

After dinner was over Peter helped Isabella in the kitchen to clean up. She gave him a little smile as she loaded another plate into the dishwasher. "Tony and I are glad to have you back Peter. I'm looking forward to seeing how your fighting skills have progressed. Tony has spoken very highly of you and as you know compliments from Tony are hard to come by. Did you enjoy your time in Europe?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Gambit sighed. “Pull over, we can walk the rest of the way,” he said. As they got out he tossed the driver a 20 then turned quickly to catch up to Serena. “If I’ve done something to offend you Serena, I’d really like to know so I can properly apologize for it,” he said with more than a little bit of irritation.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:42 pm

As soon as the cab stopped Serena was out and walking quickly down the street, well as quickly as she could in the heels she was wearing. She suddenly stopped walking after hearing what Gambit said after he caught up to her. "You haven't done anything wrong!" she shouted as tears came to her eyes. "It's me!" She all but collapsed against him and began to cry against his shoulder. "I'm sorry I yelled at you." Gambit would be able to tell just how drunk Serena was. It was likely that she was going to be spending a majority of the night with her head in a toilet.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Gambit now wasn’t certain at all where this was coming from. He held her as she cried and she cried for a while. After she had calmed down Gambit held her chin up so he could look into her eyes. “Hey, whatever this is I’m here Serena. Whatever you need, just tell me,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 pm

"I...I need a cab," was all Serena said in that moment. After Gambit got them a cab they headed back to the Tower. She kept her head on his shoulder the entire time. When they reached the Tower he helped her out and then helped her take off her shoes so she could walk easier. Thankfully, everyone had dispersed from the main living area so no one saw her in her current state as Gambit helped her to her room. It wasn't long before she found herself in the bathroom. Gambit stayed with her and helped her back to the bed and then laid down with her with his arms around her. She was quiet for a long time before she finally spoke.

"Imagine you're in a car going 100 miles per hour and then you suddenly hit a brick wall that comes out of nowhere. That's what it was like when Peter and I broke up. We were so happy and in love and talking about our future together one day and then literally the next it was over. There was no resolution between us...nothing. I just buried all the feelings I had for me deep inside my heart. Our Senior year was horrible. I had to see him everyday, but we didn't talk and then he left. I guess I should have known that we would run into each other again. Gambit, I'm not telling you all of this to make you upset or jealous. I just want you to understand that I'm trying to work through all of these feelings. It doesn't mean that I don't love you or want to be with you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Gambit listened but he doubted she needed him to do anything but just that. He didn’t say anything he just held her. There was a long silence and then he just whispered’ “I love you Serena.” Then settles down to sleep. The next day he was up early and decided to get a working out in the gym. He used a Bo Staff and he was working up a pretty good sweat.

Peter wanted to get a good workout in and he wanted to use the virtual system that they had. However as he came down he saw Gambit and Gambit saw him.

“Hey Gambit,” He said and moved up to him. “You’re pretty good with that, a Bo Staff?” He asked and smiled at him. “Yeah,” Gambit said but didn’t really say much else. He felt...awkward around Peter, now. He moved over to the rack and picked up another staff then threw it toward Peter. Peter caught it then examined it for a moment.

“There are a few basic stances and from those you can attack, defend or reposte,” he said and the lesson began. Ofcourse Peter was faster but Gambit began to anticipate where he was going to go. As a result he was pummeling Peter soundly with the staff when he did manage to hit him which was rare. Peter had hit him as well do to his agility alone. The men began to get competitive and before long they were not ‘sparring’ as much as fighting.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Despite Logan's comment at dinner Natalya had let him sleep with her that night. Ever since he started sleeping with her nightly her nightmares had steadily decreased. They still happened, but Logan was always right there to soothe her. That morning they got up and ate a quick breakfast before heading down to use the gym, as was their routine. However, as they walked in they found Peter and Gambit engaged in a what appeared to be a real fight with Bo Staffs. Natalya stood there for a moment with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the two men.

"Should we stop them?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Logan scowled and cracked his neck. “No, I got this,” he said in a growl. He sprang forward suddenly and as the two men attacked one another he unleashed his claws and made short work of their staffs. Wooden splinters flew and he grabbed hold of the two men by the scruffs of their necks. They were both bleeding in half a dozen places and they both had bruises. “So, whats this about then? Serena I bet. “Well you two are done ‘training’ for today,” he said. “Logan I,” Peter began but Logan shook him. “I don’t want to hear it. “Gambit, I’m embarrassed to know you, Now go!” He said ahd shoved the two men forward. They murmured ‘Morning,” To Natalya as they passed her and kept their faces down.

Back upstairs they both silently moved to the kitchen. Gambit made a icepack from a towel to put up against his left eye and Peter WIped the blood away from a split lip with a paper towel. “Coffee?” gambit said and peter nodded,” Gambit got 2 cups down from the cupboard then filled them with coffee. “Uh, cream..please,” Peter said. Gambit sighed and moved to the fridge and got him some creamer. He sat down across from him and drank a sip of coffee.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Natalya just stood there and watched Logan as he handled the situation. She couldn't believe that these two grown men, who were also Avengers, were beating the shit out of each other over a girl. They were acting completely juvenile and it was embarrassing to watch. As the fight was broken up and they left, Natalya glanced at each of them before looking at Logan.

"Too bad I can't have children. You'd make a great father," she teased with a little grin.

Meanwhile, Serena had finally woken up. She had gotten into the shower and then dressed. Her hair was still damp as she walked out into the kitchen to get some coffee. However, she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Peter's face. "What the hell happ...?" She then saw Gambit's face. She glanced between the two men and realized what the hell had happened. She became mortified and she immediately turned and left the kitchen. She walked right back into her room and closed the door.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Gambit just looked at Peter and winced then got up and moved to the door. He knocked on it. “Serena, can I come in?” he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Serena sighed when she heard Gambit's voice. She was sitting on her bed and she looked over at the door. "Yes." When he walked in she looked at him but didn't say anything she waited for him to speak.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:43 pm

“Uh, Peter and I...you know just got carried away, you know? We were training and then...well, we got kinda competitive and then,” he said as he scratched the back of his head. He shrugged.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Serena looked down and shook her head a little before looking back up at him. "Are you going to be able to handle this Gambit? Him being here? Because we don't really have a choice in the matter and I won't be able to take the two of you fighting. Please tell me you've gotten it out of your system now because despite everything Peter is still my friend."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm

“We worked out our issues, if that’s what you're worried about. But its done, over alright?” he said and stepped up to her. He was still sweaty. “We’ll make it work Charie Mwen,” he said and put his hands on her arms.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2