The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much Needed Rest and Supplies

2 posters

Go down

Much Needed Rest and Supplies Empty Much Needed Rest and Supplies

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Calene was nervous. She was pregnant for the fifth time, yet she still only had one child. Her last four pregnancies had ended in miscarriages...the last one being nearly into the third trimester. She and Deshane longed for another child, but she was beginning to think that perhaps it wasn't fated for them. They had both agreed that if this pregnancy ended in another miscarriage they would not try again. Each miscarriage was difficult on Calene physically and emotionally. Every one was buried by Deshane far away from the house and without Calene knowing where they were. Kaled was four years old now and looked so much like his father it amazed her. He had been born 5 weeks early, but no one would know that now. He was a happy, carefree child with plenty of energy. Calene taught him at home and he helped her with small chores around the house.

Deshane continued his work, but if he felt he was going to be gone for a longer period of time, Calene and Kaled traveled to the city to stay with her family. With all that had been happening with the Haradrim they both agreed it was the safest option. Today, however, Deshane was only going to be gone for a few hours. Kaled was taking a nap and Calene was out in the garden, trying to relax and not worry about her pregnancy. She was pulling some carrots out of the ground when she suddenly heard horses. Looking over her shoulder, she spotted a man and a woman on horses with a packhorse behind them. They were some distance away, but as they grew closer Calene began to realize that the woman was her sister, Kressara. She quickly got up and wiped the dust from her skirt. She had not seen Kressara for a year and she was stunned by the change in her in such a short amount of time. She looked exactly the way she pictured their mother looking during the War of the Ring. She was a true warrior princess and Calene felt pride swell in her heart as she remembered everything she had heard about her younger sister. The moment Kressara dismounted they embraced and their was laughter and tears shed by both women. She pulled back from the embrace and looked at her sister and smiled.

"You've been making us all so very proud."

Kressara smiled and blushed and then saw Calene's eyes shift over to Gowen. Word had reached Calene and Deshane of Havan's death during a mission to poison the Oliphant's water supply. He had died a hero, but she knew that her sister had nearly been engaged to him. She did not know this man, though one glance between them was all it took for her to realize that there was something between them.

"Calene, this is Gowen," Kressara said introducing them. "Gowen, this is my sister Princess Calene."

Calene's eyes filled with recognition at the name Gowen. "Ah, I've heard about you. Word about my sister and your band of soldiers has traveled far in Gondor. You have served this kingdom well. My father and brother think very highly of you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Much Needed Rest and Supplies Empty Re: Much Needed Rest and Supplies

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Gowen enjoyed the time alone with Kressara. She was well mannered and she had a regality about her that made him think of her as a princess. Even when she was covered in blood and grime from a battle she still held her head high and proud as perhaps a princess should. It wasn’t always that way. Sometimes, late at night she’d attack and in those moments, a princess she was not and Gowen didn’t mind that at all.

Gowen bowed low to Calene with all the flourishes he had been taught. This was his love’s family and another princess to boot. To say he felt a strong desire to impress was an understatement. To hear that he was known had made his left leg shift as he bowed in surprise. He recovered quickly though and straightened.

“I am honored Mylady. It is clear to me now that beauty has indeed touched the daughters of King Elessar. May I take my leave to defend your home?” He asked politely so there would be no need to dismiss him Incase the women wanted to talk. He wondered if Deshane was nearby but asking would have been impolite.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Calene glanced at her sister with a slight smile as Gowen bowed to her. She was clearly impressed and Kressara felt immensely proud of the man she loved.

"Of course," she replied to him. "The stables are just around the backside of the house. There is enough room for each of the horses. My husband is gone at the present moment, but should be home within the next few hours. I know that he will like to meet you and talk to Kressara about what has been happening."

"Gowen and I are on our way to Edoras to assist Uncle Eomer," Kressara revealed after Gowen had stepped away. "However, we are in need of some supplies and rest. I hate to ask it of you, but could we remain here for a few days?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Calene rarely received visitors and rarer still family. So ofcourse she could not say no. Nor did she want to. Kressara was young when she had married and didn’t really know her but wanted to. She rested her hand idly on her stomach. The babe sat oddly inside of her and as a result the extra weight punished her back. She sighed to let go of the pain.

“As Deshane would say, everything is a negotiation so if he asks tell him that the 4 days were a compromise. He can be...stern about such things. Would you take a spot of tea with me in the sitting room?” She asked hopefully. There was so much to catch up on and it was unclear right then who might know more.

After the tea began to steep in their cups they finally reclined to the small sitting room. The wood floor was light in there and several windows allowed a lot of natural light. There were several plants in brown clay pots and the room was decorated with flowery curtains and paintings of woodland scenes on the walls. The tables, chairs and rose-colored cushions were all hand made. A testiment to the craftsmanship of both Calene and Deshane.

“I was so...sorry to hear of Havan. But it appears that you’ve found love again? Gowen is quite striking to look at and his etiquette denotes a bit of grooming by his mother. Are you sleeping with him?” She asked abruptly in hopes the question would startle her younger sister. Calene lifted her cup gracefully and waited for Kressara to answer.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Kressara followed her sister into her house. She had only been there one other time when she and her parents had visited following the completion of the house. She knew that her parents missed having Calene at home, but she could see that her sister was happy here. Deshane was a good man and Kressara liked her brother-in-law quite a bit. He was extremely protective of Calene and their son, Kaled and she knew how much Deshane loved her. Kressara had heard about her sister's difficulties becoming pregnant through her brother and sister-in-law the last time she had returned to the city. Her heart broke for her, but she could tell that she was pregnant again and hoped that this time the world would not be so cruel to them.

She took a seat opposite Calene in the sitting room and accepted the cup of tea with a slight blush when Calene spoke about Gowen. Her love for him was obvious. Despite her time fighting the Haradrim and training she sat elegantly in her chair and held her cup lightly. However, all of that grace disappeared when her sister abruptly asked her if she was sleeping with Gowen. She coughed slightly and had to put down her cup. She was quiet a moment before looking at her sister.

"Yes, I am in love with him...and yes, I am sleeping with him. I have no regrets about it. He makes me happy and I hope I make him happy."

She picked up her cup again and began to lift the cup to her lips. She then grinned ever so slightly. "Besides, I was also sleeping with Havan."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Calene coughed lightly as she took a sip then played off her shock by blowing on the tea. “Too hot yet,” she murmured softly and then set her cup back down onto the table in front of her. Times were changing that much was certain she decided as she settled back and idly set her right hand upon her belly. “If you are in need of...herbs...I have plenty,” She said not looking at her directly and promptly changed the subject.

“So it is adventure then that you seek? You wish to follow in the footsteps of our mother? Well, you appear to be on a very good start. Part of me envies you Kressara. My destiny is to take care of that bear of a man I married and to bare his children it seems,” She said as all of that annoyed her but then a wide, proud smile crossed over her face. “But I wouldn’t change that for the world,” she said as Kaled stepped into the room.

Kaled was of average size for his age and he wore dark hide pants and a matching, sleeveless tunic. He had long, brown hair that fell off of his shoulders in waves and had large, brown eyes like his father. He bowed to them though it was not a perfect bow and Kressara would see the sheath of a small knife he had on his waist. “May I greet Princess Kressara mother?” He said in a squeaky, high-pitched voice. Calene turned and beamed down at him. “Ofcourse you can Kaled, come, sit with us,” She said and Kaled grinned a wide grin and moved up to Kressara. He held out his hand and as she held out hers he dropped a small wooden carving into her palm.

“It’s a Wolf,” He said with a bashful smile and cast his eyes down as his cheeks flushed. The carving was easily recognizable as what it was identified as and though parts of the face still had rough edges, it was fairly good work for someone much older than he. Amazingly so for someone of his age. “Uh...The wolf is my panion spirit father says. A while back 2 wolves appeared out a nowhere in front of me. The Alpha...the biggest one came up and looked me in the eyes. I was scared at first but then I wasn’t. After a bit it came up and licked me face,” he said as he got up the courage to look up at her. “Then they run off,” He said and sighed. “Keep it with you and it’ll bring ya good luck...I think,” he said as if he believed it really would.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm

"I already have some," Kressara replied without the slightest blush. She was very comfortable regarding her relationship with Gowen, but she had been careful to take the necessary precautions. Her current line of work would not do well with a child...nor was she certain that she would make a very good mother. However, she enjoyed time with her nieces and nephews. She put down her cup of tea to regard her sister.

"I've felt my entire life that this is what I was destined for," she admitted. "I have always looked up to mother and grandmother. As you know, I used to sit for hours and stare at that giant, magnificent painting of mother fighting and killing the Witch King, but what I feel is more than just admiration. I feel more myself fighting and training than I ever did in the palace. When I hold my sword I feel as if it is apart of me in a way that I cannot explain. I would choose no other life than this."

Just then she heard someone enter the room and she looked over to see Kaled. She was shocked by how big he was and by how much he looked like Deshane. As he approached her she smiled as he bowed and then could see that he intended to hand her something. She held out her hand and watched as he placed a small, wooden carving into her palm. She held the carving up and examined it and could immediately see that it was a wolf. It was somewhat rough in parts, but very well done for someone his age. She smiled and listened as he explained that the wolf was his spirit animal.

"Thank you Kaled. I will keep this with me always and think of you when I look at it. The wolf is a majestic creature and you are more than worthy of having it as your spirit animal. This carving is wonderful. Did you father teach you?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 pm

“Aye, he teaches me lots of things,” The boy said. “Can you teach me the sword?” He asked hastily as he looked at his mother briefly. “Father won’t teach me yet,” he said and his expression turned to a disappointed look. “Kaled!” Calene said warningly. And Kaled‘s cheeks flushed a beet red.

“Out with you boy!” She scolded and Kaled bowed quickly and then rushed out just avoiding a swat by Calene’s hand. “Go play!” She shouted after him but was smiling as she turned back to Kressara. “He’s so much like his father!” She said in mock exasperation and pickedback up her tea cup.

“Stories of your exploits have reached us so don’t think father won’t sequester you when you go through Gondor,” she said not knowing their plans and obviously she believed that they’d stop back through the white city on their way west.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Kressara simply smiled at Kaled when he asked her if she could teach him the sword, but did not reply. She decided she might teach him a move or two using sticks, but nothing more. She didn't actually get to hold a real sword until well into her training.

After he was gone she turned her attention back to her sister. She was quiet a moment after her comment and took a sip of her tea before gently putting the cup down an looking at Calene. "That is exactly why we are not going to stop in Minas Tirith," she responded. "We need to just keep going and I'm afraid if I get pulled back into the city that it will be hard for me to leave again. I...I miss everyone and feel like I am missing so much of your lives, but I need to do this. I can't stop."

Just then she heard the distinctive sound of Deshane's voice outside talking to Gowen. As they entered she smiled teasingly at her brother-in-law. "Well well well...look what the cat dragged in."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down