The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honor and Betrayal

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Honor and Betrayal - Page 2 Empty Re: Honor and Betrayal

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Verya could also sense something unseen near her. She glanced in the general direction above her, but saw nothing. However, seeing Aedael also look up in the same area caused her some concern, which Aedael would be able to sense. As Trikan cleared his throat Verya glanced at him and sighed a little when he suggested continuing on without her. She was curious as to what Galara meant exactly by saying Authiel was "indisposed", but before she could question her further Toralin took notice of Aedael and stood and angrily questioned her as to his presence. Verya gave Toralin a hard, warning look as he began to pull out his sword. She knew that Aedael had killed his son, but she would not have that behavior towards him.

"Toralin, your son chose to become a soldier and as a General I know that you know that death is a strong possibility with that profession. The High Elves have killed many of our people, just as we have killed many of theirs. Aedael's presence here is of my doing so I suggest that you sit Toralin and hold your tongue."

She waited for Toralin to sit before continuing on. "This war is why I have called you all here today. Too much blood has been spilt on both sides. We have both suffered too many unnecessary deaths and I know that everyone in this room has grieved the loss of someone they love due to this war." Verya paused a moment before continuing. "It must end. This war must end and it must end without anymore bloodshed. I believe that a continued peace can be reached between us and that is what I am striving to accomplish."

Verya paused there to see what reactions her generals might have to this news.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 am

The room exploded with a Toralin standing, his face going red in outrage. As did Foradir. Oddly Brilnirh who usually opposed her looked decidedly thoughtful just as Galara did. The two women who normally challenged her on everything said nothing and looked at the floor while the two men practically frothed at the mouth ovenher proclamation. Foradir cites that all the deaths they suffered were meaningless if they gave the high elves time to regain their strength. Toralin said that they should hit them hard immediately if they were so desperate. After a time they all noticed the queen had not spoken in some time and just looked at them. Aedael had been right.

Once she made the proclamation who her allies were would come out organically. The two men were furious and the 2 women were...well very undecided she could tell. She knew Authiel would support her and Galara and Brilneth might support her as well. She felt a strong sense of regret from Aedael. Their anger and frustration was open and true right then and he could not say they didn’t deserved to voice it.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 am

Verya just sat there quietly listening as Foradir and Toralin stood and began loudly protesting her desire for a negotiated peace. While she had been hoping for a more positive reaction, deep down inside she had known this was coming. However, what did surprise her was that Brilnirh had said nothing and almost appeared thoughtful. Perhaps she could sway Galara and herself. Near her, she felt Aedael's regret. From her, he would sense sadness. How had it come to this? How had she let it come this far?

Finally, she had had enough and she abruptly stood and everyone fell quiet. "Toralin and Foradir your...concerns have been noted. However, I must say that I do not believe that this war will end any other way. If we attack the High Elves, they will just turn around and attack us in an endless repeating cycle. We need to see beyond this war and remember that at one time we were all of the same race. No one even remembers why we are fighting in the first place. Do we really want to leave this mess for our children's children to clean up? I for one do not."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

“With all due respect my queen, our scouts say that we outnumber them two to one. If we pressed them and struck hard we could finish them!” He said angrily. His face was red and his tone angry and impatient. They could do what he suggested but they’d have the advantage of fighting on their own land and having supplies close to hand. The wood elves could lay siege but that had been tried before. Only once had it been near success. The other two times it had ended in utter failure with many wood elves left dead on the field. Grievous errors made by her predecessors who had listened to men like Toralin.

All of this gave Trikan other ideals. Civil war might be one avenue he had not previously thought of. Plans within plans...he needed to be patient. “Scourge them...flay them!’ That voice told him from somewhere deep in his belly.

“There is something happening with them or they would not have sent this...this assassin!” Foradir said. “Perhaps if he were put to the question? We’d learn something useful,” he added and narrowed his eyes at him.

“Another siege Toralin?” Galara said and looked over at him. Her face was a mask of irritation at the suggestion and her voice was thick with sarcasm for him.

“He is a High Elf Foradir, he will not fold to torture,” Brilnith said. “I say kill him and be done with it...why is here Verya?” She asked and used her first name as if she were asking her personally, not as their queen.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Veya's patience was starting to wear thin. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought of just leaving...of giving up the throne and leaving the forest with Aedael. Perhaps they could find somewhere quiet and peaceful to live the rest of their lives. She wanted to just forget that this war was even happening, but she knew that she could not. Anywhere she went she would be haunted with the knowledge that she could have ended this war, but instead she had walked away. How would she be able to live with herself then knowing that another generation would grow up knowing nothing but this war? She thought of her father and of how he had spoken to her of peace before he had died in her arms. He had wanted peace, but had not known how to achieve it. He had died believing that she could achieve peace and she did not want to let him down. She would not let anyone stop her. She heard Brilnith's question and she opened her eyes and looked at her.

"No one is killing Aedael and if anyone touches him they will have to answer to me," she said sharply. "Aedael has pledged himself to me and will serve as a guardian. He wishes for peace as I do and together we are going to work hard to make it more than just a wish. Anyone who will oppose me on this should make themselves known now and be prepared to give up their rank as General. I will only have those who will whole heartedly support me and work beside me to achieve peace acting as my Generals."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Toralin’s face puffed out in outrage. This was her first mistake. Toralin And Foradir had the bulk of her troops under their command and they would be loyal to their Generals who fought along side them. Verya had authority but no real power beyond that. She need the cooperation of the people before her to make any declaration of peace real and meaningful. Obviously she did not have that and removing Toralin and Foradir would change nothing. She’d have to kill them here in this room.

Trikan stood and faced them. He gestured for them to calm down. “Let’s not say anything we’ll all regret,” he said in a diplomatic tone.” If she started chopping heads off his plans would be for not. Everything was happening too fast, outpacing him. He needed to slow them all down somehow.

“We all want what is best for our people. Peace is no less difficult than an all out attack Toralin. Before you say something you’ll regret allow the queen time to show you her plans. Right now the High Elves have retreated and the borders are free of fighting,” some he planned to remedy. A pity Morawen could not affect the high elves too. “All options will be entertained if they are presented to the queen,” he assured them then turned toward Verya for her approval and gave her a warning look to please watch what she said.

“Shall we send envoys then with this proclamation? If so, who will go?” She asked. Verya felt a tremor of caution through the bond.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Verya had never liked Toralin or Foradir. She had not appointed them. When she became Queen rather unexpectedly she had inherited them from her father. They both had tried to undermine her on several occasions and it was more than clear to her that they thought her young age and the fact that she was a female made her an ill choice as ruler. Verya had been working hard to prove herself to them, but frustratingly nothing had worked thus far. Today, things had clearly come to a head and Verya's anger had finally come out. However, she knew in the back of her mind that stripping them of their ranks or even killing them would not solve anything. She needed a unified front to convince their people of the notion of peace with the High Elves. Thankfully, Trikan came to the rescue of them all, though she did not care for his 'warning' look.

Verya glanced back at Aedael as she felt a tremor of caution go through their bond. She looked back at the table.

"I do not think that we need to come up with exactly what we should do today. Let us each consider the problem and return in a few days to discuss a plan...hopefully with Authiel present. Is this agreeable with everyone?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 am

Aedael sighed in relief internally. He had not realized how passionate Verya was. Her emotions were a torrent inside of his head and it was difficult for him to retain his outward calm. The feeling that something else was lurking nearby continued to bother him but he tried to ignore that and focus on what was unfolding in front of him. With her last words She felt his approval.

He also sent her mental prompts of the 4 Generals. Brelnith was on a razors edge between approval and disapproval. Foradir too with Toralin strongly opposing and Galara who strongly supported her ideals. That and desire for him that made its way to Verya too. Aedael did not hold back how he had wanted to speak to her as well. He watched as they were all dismissed and it was just the two of them now, save for the 6 Guardians.

Her Guardians would accept their own death if it meant she would love. Three men and three women, the best of the best of their soldiers and none would ever utter a word she spoke in secret. Nor would they ever be disloyal. Or ever speak of what they see or hear. Aedael didn’t move but she felt his concern about Authiel. His abilities were strong and he felt a twinge in the air that something was wrong. Or someone but a shadow shrouded what his powerful mind wanted to see.

Trikan stormed into Authiel’s chambers and saw her stand up from where she sat. She could see he was angry and before she could utter an apology he slapped her hard across the face. He pushed her and put his hand on her neck and he held her against the wall near her terrace that overlooked several trees with others homes and still more terraces beyond.

“I’m disappointed in you Authiel,” he said angrily. His face was a scowl for her and she kept her hands at her sides. “I needed your support today...you failed me and so you shall be punished,” he said threatening. He needed her to speak out against the queen. Her words could have swayed at least 3 of the Generals to strongly oppose her. But instead his worn was going to be that much harder now.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm

OOC-New thread

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content