The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Decision To Make

2 posters

Go down

A Decision To Make Empty A Decision To Make

Post by Conleth Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:05 pm

No one said love was easy. Theodred handed his horse off to a groom that took it away immediately. The wind had begun to pick up, the banners of Rohan waved violently in the strong breeze. He wasn’t certain what he was going to say or even how to say it but he had put this all off for too long he knew as he stepped inside the large hall. Elisa had a reason to be angry. Though he doubted his father would treat her father like she feared. He moved deeper and turned almost into Lindariel who walked beside none other than Brianne who saw the serious look in his eyes as did his mother.

He stopped and gave a nod of a bow to them both. Not at all who he wanted to see right now. “Mother...Brianne,” he greeted briskly. “Is father near, I have...words to say to him,” he said. Brianne was in a cream and pale green dress and she smiled warmly at him and curtsied to his bow and greeting. “Prince Theodred,” she said sweetly. She was absolutely stunning in that dress, was this one cut even lower? He tried to avert his eyes but it was not at all easy. And she smelled…intoxicating. He cleared his throat as it suddenly seemed to go dry just then.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Decision To Make Empty Re: A Decision To Make

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Lindariel had been spending the morning with Brianne. She wanted to get to know the young girl better and was thrilled to hear that last night had gone so well. She found Brianne to be very beautiful and polite and quite respectful. She held herself like a princess and seemed to adore Theodred. She hadn't seen her son all morning, but hoped that he would spend more time with Brianne.

The two women were having a light conversation as they moved through the hallways. As they turned a corner they all but ran into Theodred, who had quite the serious look on his face. It made her truly wonder what he was thinking so deeply about. She hoped it was Brianne and when he asked her where his father was she did her best to suppress a small smile...especially when she saw him looking at Brianne.

"I believe he is in his study."

OOC-I'm not good at playing male characters...do you want to just skip over their conversation and then just sum it up?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:41 pm

Brianne though was not so certain. She saw the look in his eyes…he did not want to have run into them as he did. “Queen Lindariel, may I have a few words with Prince Theodred?” She asked. “Ofcourse,” was her reply and Brianne moved to insert her arm up under his. Theodred wanted to cringe but kept his face flat...with difficulty. He needed to get Brianne out of his head. But she was attached to him now though her face took on a very serious look.

“You know I went to see her, don’t you?” Theodred asked softly as they stepped away. “I think I am in love with her...but each time I see you...Everything gets so muddled in my head.” He told her honestly. He was tired of sidestepping the truth. He would end that now. She deserved the truth.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Brianne slipped her arm through Theodred's before he led her away to a more private area. For some reason she couldn't help but feel some dread at what he was going to say. She had heard that he had gone out early that morning...heading towards the Blacksmith's shop. She could only assume that it had been to see Elisa. So when he confirmed that he had gone to see her she felt her heart drop in her chest for a moment. However, he didn't say exactly what she thought he would. Instead, he admitted he only thought he was in love with her, and then went on to tell her that he also had feelings for her. She knew that she had to pick her words carefully.

"I am grateful that you are being honest with me Theodred. I know it must be difficult for you. I can see that you truly care for Elisa...possibly even love her, but Theodred you must not only think about the present, but also the future. Elisa was not brought up in this kind of life. There are many things a Queen must be all at once and certain ways she must behave and I truly don't see Elisa in that role. She is very beautiful and I'm sure she's a wonderful person...but, forgive me for saying this, she's no Queen. Now, I am not saying that you should chose me...although I will admit that I hope you will...but whomever you chose to marry needs to be able to carry that weight and responsibility for she will represent Rohan."

Meanwhile, Elisa had gone into her room and had taken out the jar of money she had stashed away. She had been saving for years and she hoped it would be enough. She quietly slipped out of the house and walked into Edoras. There she went to the dressmaker's shop. She gave the dressmaker every last coin she had, years of saving, in exchange for a beautiful, dark green dress with gold trim and wide sleeves. The neckline was low, but not too low, and the top gently hugged her curves. She knew she had smaller breasts than Brianne, but they were nicely shaped and the dress showed them off. The dressmaker told her she needed a necklace, but Elisa admitted she had no more money. The dressmaker then went into the back and a moment later came out with the emerald pendant necklace. Elisa gasped and tried to tell her she couldn't take it, but she insisted and she made Elisa try it on. Elisa nearly cried when she saw herself in the dress with the necklace. She could only hope that Theodred would like it as well.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:39 am

Ooc: ok, here is the issue. What Brianne just said...makes a lot of sense to Theodred. Having a woman behind him who is smart will supplement him at court. Elisa makes him want to adventure and see the world.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:39 am

Ooc:you pick who he goes with and I will make it happen on the RP.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:05 am

I think maybe he should agree with Brianne and at first decide on her until he sees Elisa in her dress. Elisa isn't like Brianne but she can be trained and what she can bring is her knowledge of Rohan and its people. She knows quite a few of them through her fathers work and he would know that she is a hard worker who truly cares about Rohan

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:25 am

OOC-I was also thinking that maybe when Theodred sees Elisa in the dress he realizes in that moment that he loves her. He would know that she had probably spent every last coin she had on it and it would also show how committed she is to him that she was willing to do that.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 am

Ooc: I like this but I wanted to try and add to this drama. Like after he talks with Brianne Elisa comes to the palace and asks to speak to his mother maybe. When they talk it becomes clear to Lindariel at what has been bothering Theodred. However in this time he has spoken to his father who suggests he marry Brianne, citing that love would come in time and she would supplement his own abilities. He reluctantly agrees to that but then Lindariel comes with Elisa all made up and it seals the deal for all 4 of them?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:44 am

OOC-Sure that sounds good to me

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:52 am

OOC-is it your turn to post or did you want me to start a new thread?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:56 am

Ooc: I'm sorry, I may have forgotten to say that I am up north at the cottage and may not be able to post. The next one is on me I think as I will have to nararrate the son father bit

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:10 am

OOC-lol that's fine. I just wanted to be sure you weren't waiting on me.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:01 pm

OOC-so I had an idea for Nauriel and Elessar that I wanted to run by you. Basically I was thinking that as Nauriel is coming home from somewhere, perhaps Gehenna, she witnesses a small group of people being attacked. She goes to help but it is too late and everyone is dead, or so she thinks. She discovers an infant boy in the arms of his dead mother and he is alive. She has been heartsick over the death of their last child, a son, and she instantly falls in love with him and brings him back to Gondor. I'm thinking that they basically adopt him and treat him as one of their own. Also, and I'm not sure how you will react to this...I'm thinking of having Serethiel get killed

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:31 am

Ooc: that would be harsh! And I like the rest of it though.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:06 am

Well my thoughts behind it are this--we have moved beyond Serethiel and Conleth at this point and we haven't had a major character die in a while. Nauriel is already starting to become the matriarch of the family. I think her mother's death, which I was thinking would happen before she finds the baby, would explain more why she becomes so attached to the baby. It isn't just that she wanted another baby but her mother was found almost the same way and brought to Rivendell. However, if you'd rather Serethiel not die we could leave that part out.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Ooc: how would it happen? Also new thread!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:14 pm

OOC-I was thinking either she is injured during a raid or its from a wolf attack

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Ooc: brutal, I would like it to be a situation wher Conleth could say goodbye to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:28 pm

OOC-oh I was definitely thinking he would be there. If you would rather not do this we don't have to.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down