The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Q' Stardate 2258.231

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Q' Stardate 2258.231 Empty 'Q' Stardate 2258.231

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Captain’s Log Stardate 2258.231

The Enterprise Detected a Minshara class planet in the Idram System. However, the moment we entered the system the planet has since disappeared. Spock and Scarlett are using the ship’s sensors to try and figure out what happened to the planet.

-----------------

Kirk, Scarlett, Spock, Elyse, Sulu and Natalie were on the bridge. Where the planet should be was now just an empty area of space. "Well, you've done it now Scarlett, you've lost an entire planet," Kirk said. "What do you have to say for yourself?" Kirk said musingly. He was just as baffled as they were. Spock stood over her shoulder as they tried to refine the sensors.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

'Q' Stardate 2258.231 Empty Re: 'Q' Stardate 2258.231

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Scarlett had been excited about discovering another Minshara class planet. This one was in the Idram System. She had been carefully documenting every new species, plant, and animal life they came across. However, the moment they entered the system, the entire planet disappeared. Scarlett was absolutely dumbfounded. She was using the ship's sensors to try and figure out what was going on.

"I...I just don't understand...." was all Scarlett could really say. She was coming up blank and she looked at Spock to see if he could think of anything.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 7:45 pm

"Gravity exists as if the planet is there but our sensors do not appear to be reading it Captain," Spock said as he pushed a few buttons. He could sense Scarlett's frustration. They had been at this for a couple of hours now. "Could it be a solar shadow?" Kirk asked. "No Captain," Spock said. "A solar shadow would not affect our sensors," Spock said. "Sulu bring the Enterprise to 300 kilometres from where we viewed the planet," Kirk said. Sulu shifted the shift down and then stopped the ship. Kirk looked at the viewer.

"Elyse, prepare a class 2 probe and aim it for the planet's center. Fire when ready," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 7:49 pm

"Yes, Captain," Elyse said as she quickly prepared a class 2 probe. She aimed it for where the planet's center. "Firing," she said as she fired the probe. Scarlett kept a close eye on the sensors as the probe flew through the darkness.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 7:54 pm

"Scarlett, keep an eye on the outside temperature of the probe. If my hunch is correct, it will be increasing," Kirk said. As they monitored the probe it appeared to shift as if entering an atmosphere. And, as Kirk suspected, its hull temperature rose as if it did indeed go through the planet's atmosphere. Its telemetry came on as well. Oxygen, Nitrogen, H2O, minerals, plantlife and animals. The probe crashed into an ocean and became unresponsive.

"Do you ever gamble Scarlett?" Kirk asked. "What about you Elyse?" Kirk asked her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Scarlett kept a close eye on the readings and she was amazed when the temperature began to rise. The probe also detected Oxygen, Nitrogen, water, minerals, plants, and animals. However, that still did not explain why the planet had become invisible. 

When Kirk asked her if she gambled, Scarlett shook her head. When she and Spock weren't on duty they were spending intimate time together. Elyse glanced at the Captain. Leonard had taught her how to play Poker, but thinking about the way they liked to play Poker almost made her blush. She knew what the Captain was thinking. 

"That's a pretty serious gamble Captain."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 pm

Kirk grinned. "Scarlet...Elyse, meet me in the shuttlebay in 10 minutes," Kirk said and then he saw how Scarlett looked at Spock. Make it 15," Kirk said with a smile and a wink at Scarlett and stepped off of the bridge. Everyone was silent as he left and the turbo lift began to take him down.

"Is he serious?" Sulu asked. "Piloting a shuttle...into...that?" he asked. The screen showed nothing but stars as if the planet didn't exist. But the probe proved that it did.

Spock looked at Scarlett and she'd feel his concern for her safety. He put his hand on her shoulder. A very visible and caring gesture for him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Spock and Scarlett stepped off the bridge to have a moment of privacy. They stood close together and she rested her forehead against his for a few moments. She then leaned forward and kissed him and she felt him kiss her back. She pulled back from the kiss and looked into his eyes before stepping away and entering the turbolift. The two women met Kirk in the shuttlebay. Elyse was going to be piloting and she was quite nervous, though she tried not to show it.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Kirk had every confidence in Elyse's abilities and he knew that there was a planet down there. Something was preventing them from seeing it and he intended to force the issue. When Elyse began to do her engine checks Kirk turned to Scarlett.

"Everything points to a planet being down there Scarlett. I know that this is not something easy for a scientist. But...have a little faith," Kirk said with a grin.

"Whenever you're ready Commander." Kirk said.

Elyse took off and rounded the Enterprise and turned toward the planet that was not there. None of her instruments could see it and she was concerned that without that, the inertial dampers were not going to kick in when they should.

However just before she was about to break the barrier they were suddenly not in the shuttle. Elyse was in her chair as was Scarlett and Kirk. Kirk looked around the room and then stood.

"Spock...weren't we..." He began and then there was a small flash of light and a tall man with dark hair and dark eyes appeared. He was in an Admirals uniform. He smiled at Kirk.

As Kirk and everyone else looked at him, he began to clap. "My dear Captain, You win!" Q said happily.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Scarlett had no doubts that there was a planet down there. She had seen it with her own two eyes. However, it was how they were going to come to be upon that planet that concerned her. There was no room for error here. Elyse performed the engine checks and then took off. She rounded around the Enterprise and then turned towards the planet. She took a deep breath as she started to head towards where the planet should be. However, just before they broke through the barrier they all suddenly found themselves back on the Enterprise's bridge. They were all stunned and Scarlett began to wonder if she wasn't losing her mind. However, just then there was a flash of light and a tall man wearing an Admirals uniform with dark hair and eyes appeared. When he began to clap everyone looked at each other. 

"Who are you?" Elyse asked as she stood up.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm

"You...can call me,Q!" Q said happily. "You Captain, did what no one other being has ever done. And for that you have selected the human race...to be tested," Q said in a much more ominous tone. Kirk was still in awe and looked at Spock. "Spock?" Kirk asked as both Spock and Scarlett grabbed tricorders and scanned him.

"Captain, He is and he is not," Spock said. Kirk looked about to speak but then didn't. "Scarlett?" Kirk asked which was proof of how taken aback he was.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Elyse did not like the way Q said that last part. Scarlett picked up a tricorder and, along with Spock, began to scan him. Scarlett looked at the readings and she and Spock shared a look. All she could do was just shake her head in astonishment at what was going on. There was nothing scientific about any of this and her mind was desperately trying to wrap itself around how this was happening. 

"Tested? For what purposes?" Elyse asked, though she wasn't certain she wanted to know the answer.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 9:45 pm

"To see if you've got the right stuff! Ofcourse!" Q said. "To see if you can...ascend! Commander Turner," Q said. "Ascend? What does that mean exactly...and we have several other races aboard this ship," Kirk said. "Quite right, I can amend that," Q said and he waived his hand. Spock disappeared instantly. "Now that that's settled, we can get to business," Q said with a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Scarlett's eyes widened and she gasped when she saw Spock literally disappear before her eyes. "Where is he?! Where did you send my husband?!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 9:54 pm

"All of the 'non-humans' you mean, don't you Scarlett?" Q said. "They no longer exist ofcourse," Q said. Kirk looked about to lose his temper but he started to realize who he was dealing with. This was not just some alien who thought himself a god. This man was in deed omnipotent. And he needed to be smart about this.

"Q...if it is indeed a test. You're...already stacking the deck against us by taking members of my crew," Kirk said. "Captain, such a...human response. I will bring them back on one condition...you agree to my test," Q said. Kirk looked at Scarlett. Elyse, Sulu and Pierce were all on their feet in alarm.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Scarlett was extremely upset over what they had just been told. Elyse's anger was growing, but she knew that this being was far too powerful for them to handle. Scarlett looked relieved when Q said he would bring back the members of the crew he had made disappear if they agreed to his test. Elyse, however, wanted to know what this test was first.

"What are the details of this test?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 10:09 pm

"Ah ah ah, Elyse, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours," He said and then snapped his fingers. She was standing with no clothes on, not a stitch and he looked at Kirk. Kirk, Sulu and Pierce looked at Elyse and took in her nakedness but then looked away quickly. "Ascension is another step in evolution Elyse. If I gave you all the answers, it wouldn't be much of a test, would it?" he asked. "Something completely beyond the pale if you pass which means something equally dire if you fail!" Q said smugly. "And what if we just refuse Q or, whoever you are?!" Kirk growled. "Well, I couldn't possibly allow you to leave and warn the universe about my test. To be fair you can live on the planet, for the rest of your lives," Q said with a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Elyse gasped in horror when she realized what he had done. She immediately covered herself and crouched down to shield herself behind her station. Her entire face was red and she wanted to crawl into a hole and never emerge again. Elyse was normally a strong, confident woman, but Q had exposed her in front of her Captain and the other men she had to work with. She was now completely vulnerable and she suddenly felt weak and unsure of herself. Tears actually came to her eyes and she was trembling.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 pm

In the span of 2 minutes Q had managed to reduce two of his finest officers to tears. Kirk saw that this Q was going to be extremely difficult to outsmart..if he could outsmart him. "Alright Q, I agree...now return Elyse's clothes and bring back my people!" Kirk said. "Absolutely el capitan," Q said and snapped his fingers. Elyse's clothes returned along with Spock. Spock looked around the room. "Fascinating," he said.

"Very well Captain...let the test...begin!" Q said and snapped his fingers and was gone. Kirk turned to Spock who had a very upset Scarlett against his chest.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Scarlett immediately rushed over to Spock and put her arms around him. She pressed her head against his chest. During the time he had been 'gone' she had been unable to feel him. It had been like half of her body had gone numb. She finally regained control of herself and pulled back to maintain a more professional air.

Elyse slowly stood up. Her face was still red and she suddenly found that she couldn't look Kirk in the eye...at least not easily. However, she tried to go on as normal. 

"So, what do we do?" Natalie asked.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Kirk looked at each person in turn and saw how Elyse refused to look him in the eye. "Commander, you are a starfleet officer, with or without clothes. Act like it!" Kirk said. 'Easy for you to say!' he thought. 'You didn't have your clothes removed!' "Lt. Wright, are you able to resume your duties!?" Kirk snapped.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 10:41 pm

As a woman, Scarlett understood why Elyse was upset. She wanted to say something to the Captain in Elyse's defense, but Spock seemed to be able to sense what she was about to do and he glanced at her and lightly shook his head. Scarlett held her tongue. 

Elyse felt herself becoming angry. She was angry at the Captain...but she was furious at Q. Her embarrassment at the situation had only been increased by the Captain calling her out in front of the rest of the bridge crew. She looked at Kirk. "Yes...Captain."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 10:57 pm

"Captain...look!" Sulu said. The planet was now in full view. Very much a Minshara class planet. Kirk looked at the screen and thought about the situation. 'A test...well, he did not know what 'Q' was going to do, but he could control how he and his crew could react. He sighed. "Spock, Scarlett, Elyse, to my ready room," he said and led them there. He moved to the intercom and called the Doctor. "Bones, to my ready room immediately," he said.

When McCoy arrived he looked irritated and the door closed behind him. "Ok, I'm here, now can ya tell me what this is about?" he said.

Kirk explained the situation and he asked for recommendations on what to do next. He looked around the room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Elyse, Spock, and Scarlett joined the Captain in his ready room. Leonard joined them a few minutes later and sat next to Elyse. After Kirk explained the situation to Leonard he asked the team for recommendations on what to do next. For a few moments there was silence until Scarlett spoke up.

"This...being...Q said that this test was designed to test humans specifically. I think that might be the key...although in what capacity I am not sure yet."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 pm

"I believe Captain, that we've come to examine and explore the planet. It is our primary mission. I see no reason not to," Spock said. "Spock, we've just been threatened by some...almighty being from god knows where. How can we just 'go about our business' now?" McCoy asked. "We have our mission Bones. We will proceed as if this Q never boarded our ship," Kirk said.

There was a bright flash in a chair on the other side of the table from Kirk and Amara Novak appeared wearing a sleek, black outfit. Kirk, completely in awe of seeing her rose from his seat. "Amara," He whispered.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next