The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luca and Laura (May 1986)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luca and Laura (May 1986) Empty Luca and Laura (May 1986)

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

It was Saturday night and that meant it was date night with Luca. Laura had been looking forward to this dinner all day. It had been a long week at the lab. Twice this week she had worked crazy hours. Her feet ached from being on them all day and coming home most days exhausted, she would not give up what she was doing for anything in the world. Thankfully, Luca was so supportive of her career as a scientist.

Luca and Laura had met a little over a year ago at a mutual friend's party. Laura hadn't had much luck finding a guy who would support her emotionally like she needed and Luca had a reputation for being afraid of commitment. However, that night they had just clicked and had hit it off right away. Laura was not afraid to call Luca out when she knew he was trying to pull away from their relationship and that had changed everything for them. From that moment forward, Luca devoted himself to their relationship and didn't hold back on his feelings or emotions. He was a lawyer who was currently eyeing the District Attorney position that was about to become open.

Most nights Laura stayed at his place, but she didn't officially live with him. She had her own place and after getting off of work she went back there to shower and change. She put on the dress she knew Luca liked and a little bit of makeup. She applied some perfume and put on her heels. She was going to meet him at the restaurant so she hailed a cab and arrived there a few minutes later. She walked inside and saw he already had a table so she walked over. He stood up as she approached and they kissed before she sat down.

"Sorry I'm late. I was rushing to get out of work."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Luca and Laura (May 1986) Empty Re: Luca and Laura (May 1986)

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Luca checked his watch again and again he opened the small, black box he carried to eye the large diamond rock that stood almost arrogantly above the platinum setting on the ring he had bought for Laura. Some women would have liked to pick out their own ring but Luca wanted this to me more...old fashioned. Spontaneous. When Laura looked down at this ring he wanted her to know who picked it out and bought it for her. He had never felt this way about any woman he had ever met in his life. Laura didn’t really ‘need’ him, she wanted him and he wanted her and the rest would take care of itself.

Oh at times she gave him what for, especially when he had tried to pull away when their schedules began to keep them for days apart. He was a creature of habit and sex was high on his list of priorities. Or just being wanted in that way was. Laura would not stand for it and, at the same time accommodated him. Fast and furious couplings in her office or his and once even in an MRI room that was shut down for repairs. She allowed him no excuses until his pushes turned into pulls and that was that.

Luca was an excellent prosecutor. New York was filled with some of the most dangerous criminals, human and mutant, that the world had ever known. Luca was fearless in how he conducted his cases and as a result he put many men and women behind bars. It was no secret he was gunning for the soon to be empty District Attorney and Laura could not be more excited for him. When he caught a glimpse of her arrival he closed the box and set it back into his pocket. She was in that white, black and burgundy paisley dress he liked with the black heels he liked. Laura was an incredibly beautiful woman. Not Italian like his mother would have wished but neither his sister nor himself gave a hoot about that. He stood up, kissed her then waited for her to sit before he did. Ofcourse this was not the first time Laura had been late. She was a Doctor and saving lives sometimes did not gel well with dinner dates. Luca waved off her apologies.

“You’re forgiven,” he said as he looked into her eyes. Laura was practically glowing and he held out his hand for her as the waiter brought 2 champagne glasses and, with the bottle ready to go before he arrived, poured into the flutes. “Did you do something new with your hair?” he asked to distract her while he got the box from his pocket and set it on his lap.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Laura was a very intelligent woman. One had to be in order to get into Harvard Medical School and then get a highly sought after residency position at Presbyterian Hospital. She knew that something was up, but she was trying not to get her hopes up too high. This was her favorite restaurant and quite expensive. This was not somewhere they usually went on their date nights. They preferred more casual dates for the most part. This had been Luca's suggestion...not hers. Her heart began to beat a little faster when she saw the champagne. Then, there was the twinkle in Luca's eyes. Luca was incredibly handsome and charming. He was very Italian...dark and mysterious. The twinkle in his eye and the soft smirk on his face only made him even more so.

He did manage to distract her for a moment though. She reached up and touched her hair. "Well, it's clean," she joked with a little grin. "I also finally managed to get a trim earlier this week. The stylist suggested I try a new mousse as well. I definitely like it better than what I was using before."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm

With the box now in his lap he shifted his napkin with his free hand up to the table just as the waiter stepped away. It was fairly late, In Italy they always ate late and Luca liked to as well most of the time. And there were a few people in the restaurant but it was by no means packed. “Hmm, I’m not sure, maybe it’s your eyes, did you do something new with your makeup?” he asked and even squinted a little to make his feigned interest, she always had gorgeous eyes, even more believable. As he leaned forward slightly he dropped his napkin intentionally. As she was ready to respond to his query he moved.

“Oh shoot,” he said as he let go of her hand and slid his chair back to bend down and get it. “I still think something’s missing,” he said as he ended up on one knee before her. Smoothly he lifted up the lid to the small, black box with his fingers and held it up so toward her so she could see the ring in all of its insanely expensive glory. It glittered wildly in the dim light.

“This, perhaps,” he said not taking his eyes off of hers. “If you would make me the happiest man in New York and be my wife,” he said as he took the ring out of the box then extended his hand for hers so he could place it on her finger. Luca's face did not color and his hands did not shake at all.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Laura's eyes grew wide at the sight of the large, diamond ring that was suddenly in front of her. Even though she had been hoping for this moment, now that it was a reality she felt completely unprepared. She hadn't realized it, but she had stopped breathing. Tears came to her eyes and she put her hands up over her mouth for a moment before lowering them down and nodding as a smile of pure happiness appeared.

"Yes...I will."

As he slipped the ring onto her finger she felt the tears start to slip down her cheeks. She wiped them away and then laughed when she realized her mascara was starting to smudge. "Damn mascara."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Luca dabbed gently at her eyes and shifted toward her as he smiled and kissed her. There was a soft murmur in the restaurant from the few patrons that had seen and heard what had just transpired. “There, now you look complete,” He whispered and kissed her once more before he moved and sat down. He lifted up his flute and tilted it to hers. “For a long and happy life together,” Luca said and then took a sip of champagne.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Laura smiled and clinked glasses with his before taking a sip. She couldn't stop looking at the ring. It was beautiful...and looked very expensive. Suddenly, a thought came to mind and she looked at him.

"Please tell me you went to my parents first and asked for their blessing."

Her parent's, especially her father, were rather old fashioned about those sorts of things. She knew her parents loved Luca and would say yes, but it was the tradition they were more concerned with.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Luca’s eyes grew for a moment in surprise. How could she think that he wouldn’t? He decided to play with her and shrugged and his face took on a grimace. The look of shock on her face was priceless. He wished he had his instamatic camera right then to capture that. Then he chuckled and waved the question away. “Ofcourse I did, my parents are the same way and I’ve already spoken to them about this but swore them to secrecy. It would be wise to let people know so I can unleash my mother...I swear if she isn’t able to tell anyone she might just burst into flames from the effort to keep it all a secret,” he said as the waiter returned. The restaurant was French and Luca spoke the language fluently.

“We’ll have the Escargot and Duck Pate,” he said in english and the Chenin Blanc, lightly chilled please,” He said without looking at the menu. He sipped his champagne again.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Laura was visibly relieved to know that Luca had spoken to her parents. She figured he would have, but she just had to ask. She was so happy she felt like she was floating on air. She loved his parents and his sister, Isabella, and couldn't wait to join their family.

She waited until after Luca had ordered before speaking again. "Since I don't have any siblings I am planning to ask your sister to be my maid of honor. Do you think she would say yes?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Luca couldn’t help but smile at that as he thought about it. Isabella, her maid of honor. “I think she would be honored Laura, she’s always wanted a sister,” he said and that was simple truth. She had certainly given him a headache or three growing up. “Just to let you know, the sky is the limit with the wedding...I’ve...saved...a little back for just such an occasion but I won’t step on anyone's toes either. If your folks want to pay for it than I will leave it between you and them,” he said. “Father’s can sometimes be prickly about such things,” he said and winked at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Laura grinned and took a sip of her champagne before putting the flute down. "Well, I am my parent's only child so I can guarantee that my father will want to pay for the wedding. However, we could take your money and use it for a nice honeymoon. Where might you like to go?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Luca smiled. “Do you like surprises? I can see that you do. You let me organize the honeymoon, you plan our wedding,” He said with a smile. Men did one thing as far as a wedding was concerned. Got a tux to match the bride’s colors and shelled out cash to make it the most spectacular event possible. Ok, that’s two things, he thought. He would plan a magnificent honeymoon in Italy. The Belmond Hotel was the best in the country. A beautiful resort right on the water and bikini tops...were optional. His grin increased just thinking about her without a bikini top on and getting up to some naughty things right onto the beach.

Their appetizers arrived and the waiter began to serve them to them in equal portions.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm

They spent the next few hours dining and talking and laughing before they headed back to his place for the night to continue the celebration...which also continued the next morning. Isabella received a phone call from Luca asking Frank and herself to join them for brunch. She and Frank dressed and then met them at a diner that they all loved. Isabella could see as she and Frank approached the booth where Luca and Laura were already seated that something big had happened. They were both all smiles. Isabella slid in first with Frank sitting to the outside.

"So, what's this all about?" Isabella asked as she glanced from Laura to Luca.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Frank liked Luca well enough but he wasn't so certain about Laura. She was nice and all but he never knew what to say to her and by their expressions right then he guessed that they were either pregnant or engaged and neither of those things were good for him. Well for Isabella really. She wanted it all and wanted Frank to be everything she needed him to be. He wanted to be but something just seemed to hold him back.

Luca looked at Laura who was purposefully hiding her ring. She looked at him and he nodded for her to nonchalantly show her ring.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Laura casually slipped her left hand up onto the table but then couldn't hold her excitement in any longer. She began grinning ear to ear and looked at Isabella. "We're getting married!"

Frank would be able to sense Isabella tense up next to him but she forced a smile. She was in deed happy for them. She loved her brother and she wanted him to be happy and Laura was a wonderful woman.

'That's...incredible. Congratulations. I told Luca he was lucky to find a woman who would put up with him and that he should hold onto you. I'm certain you two are going to be very happy together."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 pm

It was just as he feared. Her brother was getting married. ‘Oh great’ he thought as he felt Isabella tense up. ‘Fuck….’ he managed a smile though. “Congratulations,” he said and shook Luca’s hand.

“Have you set a date yet?” He asked not wanting to step over Isabella wanting to speak but he heard the internal struggle with her and was beginning to get angry with her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Laura shook her head with a smile. "No, not yet. This all just happened last night. However, there is something I have decided on." She looked directly at Isabella. "As you know, I don't have any siblings and I have felt that over the past year you and I have become close. I consider you a dear friend that will soon become family. And so I would be honored if you would agree to be my maid of honor."

Isabella was visibly astonished by Laura's question. A few tears, that were actually tears of happiness, came to her eyes and she reached over and took Laura's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I would be honored."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Under normal circumstances the announcement of an engagement would have been a happy occasion but Isabella had made it a test of controlling Frank’s temper. When they were finally in the cab to leave he exploded.

“Well that was awkward. What the fuck is wrong with you? Could you just be honest about what you want for once? Or are we going to play this god damn game over and over?” He said angrily as he looked over at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Isabella blinked at Frank's explosion. She found herself becoming angry back at him. "How dare you? I was honestly happy for my brother and Laura. If anyone made that brunch awkward it was you. You automatically assumed that I was going to get upset over their news. I could feel you steaming before we even ordered. You want the honest truth Frank. Well here it is. Yes, I would like to get married and have children. However, I am willing to let that go because I fucking love you. But this man right here...the one who got into the cab and started yelling at me and throwing accusations around, I don't like him."

She wanted to tell the cab driver to pull over and let her out, but they were on a bridge now and she couldn't. Instead, she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Frank’s eyes goggled. “Bullshit, you tensed, your not fooling anyone. I get that your happy for your brother but you definitely were taken aback when you saw that ring,” he said haughtily. “Well fuck it then lets get married. Lets go pick out a ring and get it done. Because if its what you have to have then ill give it to you Isabella,” he said in nearly a growl.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Isabella put her hands over her heart and turned and looked at Frank. "Oh my God...that was the most romantic proposal I have ever heard," she said sarcastically. "I can't wait to tell my parents that you said 'well fuck it let's get married then'. That's just going to make them so happy." She rolled her eyes and looked away for a moment before looking back at him. "I'm not going to marry a man that doesn't want to get married. Am I sick and tired of hearing my parents ask me over and over again when we're going to get married...fuck yes! But I would rather us just keep things the way they than to force you to do something you don't want to do."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Frank just shook his head and looked away out the window. The cab was coming up to a bar and he quickly dug into his pocket and pulled out a twenty. “Stop, stop the cab!” Frank said forcefully. Once the driver pulled the cab over he tossed him a twenty and stepped out and slammed the door behind him. He didnt see if Isabella followed and he walked quickly into the bar.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Isabella cursed under her breath as Frank got out. The cab driver glanced back at her. "You two seem very happy..." he said sarcastically. Isabella glared at him. "As a matter of fact we are very happy. We're just having a bad day."

She got out of the cab and followed him into the bar. She walked over to him and looked at him. "Frank, I need you to honestly tell me what you want. I'm trying desperately to make things right between us but I feel like you are trying to pull away." She looked at him with real fear and worry in her eyes. "Do you not want to be with me anymore?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 am

Frank continued to move into the bar and took a stool. He gestured to the bartender. There were other people there, a couple a men watching baseball at the bar and a few other people and couples scattered throughout the rest of the place. It wasn’t a very large bar but it appeared well stocked. “Bourbon, neat,” He said. “I’d go tonight to Vegas and get married if I knew it was what you wanted. You tensed, I felt it and you won’t even admit that. It makes me believe you really do want to get married and have children, the whole shebang. I just want you Isabella. Just you. I want to live with you, be your companion,” he said as the glass of Bourbon was set down before him. He picked it up and took a long sip. He looked at her and his eyes were very serious. "But I don't think its enough for you," he said.

“I gave up everything I was because you showed me a better way. And since then you’ve done alot of good for alot of people and for this fucked up country. Marriage is just a contract, how the hell can you still be an agent with a baby?” he asked honestly and his eyes still held their annoyance with her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:24 am

Isabella just stared at Frank for a long moment as her mind tried to comprehend what he had just said. Other people near them started to glance their way but she ignored them.

“I would have found a way to make it work. But it doesn’t matter now,” she said as she felt a few tears come to her eyes. She wasn’t about to cry in front of him so she turned and walked out.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next