The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And So It begins

2 posters

Go down

And So It begins Empty And So It begins

Post by Conleth Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:12 am

The wedding was a large affair, the large church was filled with his family and many Musketeers. Unfortunately Lorelei had no family and few friends save for those Musketeers that had come to know and care for her as they cared for their brothers if not more so. She was beautiful in her long, elaborate white dress and veil. The train of her dress seemed to go on and on and D’artagnan was honored to give her away. The moment she was in view the entire church gasped in awe of her beauty and then again when her veil was turned back so that Armand could kiss her.

His parents and sister all liked Lorelei. They were kind, generous people and she seemed to like them as well. Their leaving with a tearful affair, especially for his sister who had always wanted a sister and now she had one in Lorelei. Their honeymoon was far to short for his liking and Lorelei’s. For 2 weeks they traveled Europe and it was a delight to see her relax and really just enjoy the moments they shared together.

Coming home was a bitter pill compared to that. As the relationship between the King and the Musketeers had seemed to have been deteriorating since the death of his friend, the Bishop. France was going through a financial crisis and as a result dignitaries from many different countries have been received by the King himself to see when and if their investments would be paid to them.

He was happy to see that Lorelei had found work. She had a knack for interior design, his apartment was completely redone to her specifications and style. He only wished she hadn’t had to travel so much. But it made her happy and though they argued sometimes there was always the sweet making up that brought them back together. Usually it was about starting a family. He wanted a house and children, she was not yet ready for that as of yet. He never pushed the arguments far however, and she was very good at making it up to him.

In truth he couldn’t blame Lorelei, her own mother was worse than filth and she had no father to speak of. That had to be difficult for her to come to understand. That and doubting that she, herself would ever be a decent mother though Armand didn’t understand how she could not. He felt in her heart she was not ready to leave the city. She enjoyed their nights out, the theatre, the lights and the quickened heartbeat of Paris. More and more he and the Musketeers were sent to stifle an uprising or deal with traitors or deserters and the like. But Armand held to his oaths to his King and more importantly to Lorelei who he loved like the sun and the moon and the stars as well. For him she and their 3 dogs were his family and he remained true to her in every way a man can. And above it all was his strong, passionate love he always showed her. Many men told their wives they loved them. Bought them gifts or took them out for a night on the town. Armand did all these things but also showed her his love. Laid it bare for her to curl up in when she needed him. It was harder now that they were apart more often. But when they were not, their bedroom would burn like a bonfire. A heat that blazed like the sun into the late hours of the nights they spent together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D’artagnan had been appointed the king’s security advisor below his Chief Counselor Videl. Videl was not an easy man to like but the promotion honored D’artagnan and it put him in a position to do more for the King’s safety than he ever could do as a Musketeer. It was difficult for him to say goodbye to his men and that life but he would not disappoint the King in offering him the position and not taking it.

It was a surprise to him when Lorelei had approached him with her offer to help. The king had many enemies and a pair of eyes on the inside could be a great asset into locating unseen threats to the King and to France. He explained to her what all she might be required to do, her cover story would be simple but men would covet her and she would have to talk to Armand about it all and to get his blessing. D’artagnan didn’t think Armand would be against it, he was loyal to the King to but sometimes a new husband was possessive with their wives and there was a strong possibility that she may well spend as much time on her back as on her feet. Many men within the King’s inner circle were not ‘good’ nor even decent. But they were loyal to the King until they were not and that is why he knew he needed her.

Lorelei would have to come up with a name and D’artagnan would come up with a noble family who would swear she was their eldest daughter. To old to marry but a friend and confidant to the King’s own daughter who he was sure she could manage in short order. Now with the stage set he took up his post and made sure Lorelei had many opportunities to gain the trust and friendship of Louise Marie, the King's only daughter, who had once thought to become a nun but liked the company...and the cocks of men far too much.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

And So It begins Empty Re: And So It begins

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 pm

OOC-sorry I've been out all day. Did you want Lorelei to actually ask Armand for permission? Or should she lie to D'Artagnan and tell him Armand said it was alright because she knows he would never agree?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:36 pm

ooc- she will have to lie but ultimately, its up to you. You will either ask armand then arguement as he says no ofcourse, she does it anyway or just lies knowing he will say no.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:44 pm

For Lorelei marrying Armand was the happiest day of her life. Armand brought her happiness and love, which up until meeting him she had not thought she deserved. She loved Armand more than she could ever say and she wanted to make him the happiest man alive. Lorelei had been nervous about meeting his family. They had been forced to lie about her background and they were told that Lorelei had been an orphan. Armand's family loved her and she was overwhelmed by the support she received from them, especially his mother and sister. Armand's mother was nothing at all like her mother had been and she took Lorelei in as if she had always been apart of their family. Planning the actual wedding was difficult for Lorelei because she had no family or friends to invite, and so she cried when Athos, Porthos, Armis and D'Artagnan told her that they were not only her friends, but considered her family. D'Artagnan then went a step further by saying that he would be honored to walk her down the aisle. While they had money, the Musketeers all chipped in for Lorelei's wedding dress because they all wanted to see her in something truly beautiful.

Over the next eight months Lorelei and Armand settled into their married life together. Lorelei was surprised when Armand agreed to let her do some work. She still would do some cooking and cleaning, but they had also hired a servant. Armand was eager to start a family, but Lorelei was more hesitant. She loved Paris too much and didn't feel she was ready for that step yet. It was unfortunately the source of several arguments, but they always made up afterward. Despite now being married their nights remained as passionate as ever. They learned very quickly that they needed to remember to keep the windows closed at night.

Lorelei enjoyed the company of the other Musketeers and she became very close with each of them, but shared a special relationship with D'Artagnan. So when she learned that he had been promoted to the king's security advisor she knew she would be able to approach him and ask him if she could assist. He seemed surprised, but knew she could be a vital asset. Lorelei was excited when he agreed, but he then informed her that she would have to ask Armand for permission. She knew what he would say, but decided she would just ask him anyway. Perhaps he would surprise her....

That night she had a nice dinner prepared and his favorite wine ready. When he walked in the smell of slow roasted beef in wine with potatoes and vegetables would fill his nose. The three dogs immediately ran over to greet him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Armand greeted his wife with open arms and many kisses. His days were long and he tried to make up for it as best he could. The whole apartment smelled delicious and he greeted the dogs who wagged their tails and and howled when he came in the door.

“It is good to be home,” Armand exclaimed as he hung his weapon belt and set his pack down against the coat rack. His clothes were dusty, he had ridden many leagues and he want a strong drink and a relaxing evening alone with his beloved.

He came up behind her as she stood over the stove in the kitchen. He put his hands upon her hips and pressed himself up against her and took in her scent as he kissed her neck. She rubbed her behind up against him and he smiled as she gave him a taste of the sauce the beef had been simmering in. “Mmmm, very nice, and the sauce is good to,” he said pleased to have the most beautiful woman in Paris cooking for him. He loved it when she cooked or made the bed but their new servant, Marion did alot of the everyday things and it all seemed to work for them. He poured the wine and sat down at the table as she served the food. She took off her apron to reveal a very nice, dark red dress, so low cut that he wondered how her breasted stayed in the thing. She wore the black choker with the ruby that he liked. Many times when he made lover to her it was the only thing she left on. He nearly groaned at the anticipation he felt for what he knew would come after dinner. He would have to take it easy with the wine he knew. He would be ready for her when she took him to bed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:13 am

Lorelei heard the door open and the dogs eagerly greet him. Those dogs were the closest thing they had to children at this point and they were greatly loved. One day they would have a child...but not now. She heard him enter the kitchen and come up behind her. She smiled and closed her eyes when she felt him kiss her neck. Those first few days of their marriage such a move would have quickly led to other things, but they had since learned to control themselves...at least a little bit better. She gave him a taste of the beef and also of the sauce and was happy when he told her how good it was. Lorelei was still learning in the kitchen and was always proud when she made something that Armand really loved. She wanted tonight to be perfect so he would be in a wonderful mood when she asked him about helping D'Artagnan. She wore a dark red, very low cut dress she knew he would love and of course wore the black choker with the ruby that she knew was his favorite. She could see his eyes go to it as she served him and she could tell that it was already making him excited.

After serving them both she sat down with him at the table. She smiled over at him.

"I'm so glad to have you home."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 am

“Aye and I very happy to be home, things are not good right now Lorelei, not good at all,” he said in between bites. She could see the worry in his face but he swallowed it down quickly with the wine. It was a red, a bordeaux, a local vintage with a floral finish on the tongue. He very rarely expressed worry to Lorelei and there was much she’d have to ferret out of him over the meal if she wanted to know anything real.

He told her that the past had caught up to France. The war, extravagant spending and bad investments have brought many men here looking to get paid back for their investments. The King would be in even more danger now and also he feared keeping him safe from himself as well. He did mention that there was something odd about him. A change of sorts but he couldn’t describe more than that. He was on his second plate of beef and 3rd glass of wine and she had learned much of what he knew and he did look more relaxed as she hoped he would. Armand was not a complicated man. He had straightforward sensibilities and he was truthful to her to a fault sometimes.

“So, It is obvious to me you have something to tell me. I will not be distracted so easily by a gorgeous pair of eyes in a very sexy dress,” he said knowing he was since she had looked at him. He wondered if she was pregnant and wanted to tell him in a special way? That would definitely be wonderful but he would not get his hopes up just yet, he thought.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Lorelei listened quietly as Armand spoke. She knew about everything that was going on with France and the King, but she let her husband air his concerns. She knew he didn't like saying such things in front of her, but what he was saying was exactly why she wanted to help D'Artagnan. She could only hope he would see that.

She finished her second glass of wine and poured a third. It was then that Armand spoke up and questioned her about what she wanted to tell him. Armand was not a foolish man and he had been able to see through her ploy.

"Well the future of France and the protection of the King is what I would like to talk to you about." She saw his eyes narrow a little but she continued on. "I approached D'Artagnan and asked him if there was anything I could do to help him and he told me there was. I know I can help Armand."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:49 pm

It was difficult to not let his disappointment show but it bled through the relaxing feeling of the wine and the tantalizing aroma of her alluring perfume. He was about to nod his head and say, ‘This again,’ but when he heard D’artagnan was involved in this his eyes grew suspicious. He would show her deference, to dismiss this outright was foolish with Lorelei. He’d balk and get angry and then no more discussion.

“What is it that he would have you do?” he asked. D’artagnan had been appointed as the King’s security counselor and he was no longer a Musketeer. Armand was happy for him, the man was like a father to him but involving his wife in this, he kept his face level but his anger was growing inside. He wanted a family and wanted Lorelei to bare his children and stay safe. Not throw herself at the mercy of...unscrupulous men! His expression grew darker but only slightly so until he heard more.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Lorelei looked at him and could see he was becoming angry, but she remained calm and continued to look at him.

"Spying...gathering information. As a woman I would be able to obtain information more easily from men than a man could. Men don't trust other men, but are more likely to say things they shouldn't to a woman because they don't find them threatening."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:17 pm

He gave her a wry look and took a sip from his wine. Oh, he knew how women got information from men. Men tended to tell women things when they were in their bed. Lorelei was an excellent lover and manipulator. He could easily just blow up right here and now but he settled his stomach. The thought of her...being with another man made his stomach churn. He set the glass down and put his hand back into his lap.

“Lorelei,” he paused to settle himself, “I know you are a capable woman. And for much of that I think you could accomplish what you want but...but what if you can’t and the only way...what if you are pushed into another’s man bed? Do you have any idea how that might makes me feel?” he said more softly then he felt inside for certain sure. He reached for her hand and squeezed it. “I know you hate the feeling of being possessed by someone but, what if ‘that’ part of what is between us I do want for myself? Would you deny me that? Would you put your work over how close we’ve become?” he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Lorelei knew exactly what Armand was thinking and she knew that would be his main thought and concern. She sighed and looked across the table at him.

"Armand the last thing I would ever want to do is to hurt you. Getting into bed with another man is something I would work hard to avoid. I can do other things to get information. Not all of it involves getting into bed. Don't you trust me?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:52 pm

The question was posed and it made acid grow in his stomach. He wanted to trust her but her sensibilities were not the same as his. She liked to win, to succeed but he found himself saying,

“I do Lorelei...with everything that I have,” he said. He wasn’t certain if he was being honest with himself and her but he did feel as if he wanted to. She had given him no reason not to trust her. Not yet at least. But his expression was one of worry. Worry that what if she had to do something and decided to divulge it all to him. What would he do? He wasn’t exactly sure. He wanted her to know how serious he took that though.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Despite what he said Lorelei didn't truly believe him. She sighed and pulled her hand away. She shook her head and looked at him.

"Your mouth says one thing, but your eyes say another Armand. I don't think you truly trust me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:40 pm

He looked at her, so beautiful, men will want her. He knew that and felt she’d use it to get what she needed. She might not want to, but he felt she might do what she had to.

“Lorelei, we took vows you and I and I expect you to hold to them in everything you do. Right now, you have no duty that would put you in a position to violate that. But can you tell me for certain that if you go and do this that it won’t happen? I trust that you will try hard to avoid that and normally I would say that that is enough. But...when i think about...about you with someone else even if it's just to get information or to say lives...It troubles me...i would rather you not put yourself in that position at all. But I can tell by your face that you want to do this and I could do little to stop you. I will not stop you Lorelei, you are free to do what you want. You are your own woman. But know too that you are ‘my’ woman…’my’ wife. And if you have to make that decision and you decide to do it, I will not be alright with that,” he said finally allowing his anger to show and he tossed his napkin onto his plate and stood up. “This has nothing to do with trust. This has to do with the fact that you want me to love you and to devote myself to you and also allow you to do that which I do not approve of. Well, i can’t be that man,” he said and he stood. “I know you are bored and your skill sets are specific. But what about what I need? Does that even figure into any of this? I don’t think it does,” he said as he looked down at the table.

“Thank you for the meal Lorelei...it was delicious,” he said sadly and stepped away into the bedroom.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Lorelei sighed as she watched her husband throw down his napkin and then get up and walk out of the room. This was not what she had hoped for, but in the back of her mind she had known was going to happen. She sat there for a while before getting up and cleaning up the dishes. While she did she began to think about everything. She knew that Armand was right, but in her heart she wanted to actually do some good for a change. She felt that she couldn't just sit around and do nothing when she knew that she could be doing something to help. She finally resolved to do something that she didn't want to do, but felt she had to...lie to Armand. She promised herself that she would not sleep with any man to get information. If she couldn't get it without doing that then she would leave without the information. This was truly important to her. Lying to Armand was going to be hard enough. But if he ever found out that she had slept with any of the men as well then she feared for their marriage. She was happy and truly loved Armand and told herself that she wouldn't risk losing that.

She finished cleaning the dishes and she walked back to their bedroom. Armand was in bed but she could see he was still awake. She walked over and crawled into bed and lay behind him. She was quiet a moment before speaking gently.

"I won't do it Armand. Please just forget that I ever mentioned it."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:23 pm

She saw the tension draw out of him and his shoulders relaxed. He turned to face her and in the darkness she saw how deeply he cared for her. That night they didn’t make love but they held one another long into the night.

The next morning Armand had to leave early and he did make love to her then though it was quick. D’artagnan had sent a messenger carrying a long message with instructions.

She could select a first name but her last name would be, ‘Morel’. Her father’s name is Segal and her mother’s name is Marie. He is a plantation owner just outside of Colmar, a small but picturesque town. Her family owned a small castle there, a farm, livestock and a plantation. She is their only daughter but her husband died due to a riding accident and she was called to court a personal attendant for The Princess, Louise-Marie. The King knows of his daughters’s...unsavory activities and has asked for someone who would report them to D’artagnan and try to keep her out of trouble. I.E. From becoming Pregnant or harmed.

The Castle was a large monstrosity made of stone, Iron and Wood. The Princess’s other attendants were Janine, a diminutive woman with long, dark hair and dark blue eyes. Everything about Janine was slight including her personality. She was unfortunately, the Princesses close friend and Lorelei had been told that the princess and her shared beds and men on more than one occasion. The other was Geneve, a tall, blonde buxom young woman who helped with her dressing and personal needs. She was quite chaste in many ways but would say nothing about the princess’s nightly rendezvous.

For the majority of the time, Lorelei would need to remain in the Castle. But there would be times when she could get away for a few days every couple of weeks. She was to report at her earliest convenience to Janine, who will tell her all she needs to know about her duties.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Lorelei could see the tension melt away from Armand and as he turned over to look into her eyes she could see his undying love for her pouring out of him. She felt a sharp twinge of guilt deep in her stomach, but she knew she could not turn back now. She lay there in his arms all night.

After he left the following morning, she got up and dressed before D'Artagnan's message was delivered. It contained a list of instructions that she read through carefully. Deciding on the name Angelique she put on some jewelry and lightly spritzed on some perfume. She put on her cloak and then headed out of the apartment. She hired a coach to then take her to the palace.

OOC-So how is Lorelei going to explain being away for days at a time? Working?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

ooc-yes, there are several things she could be doing, you can pick whatever you want. She could do interior design. work for an art museum to purchase art and that could be easy, she could be working for a real one and talk to the owners about aquiring art that she actually has from Severin's house.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:21 pm

OOC-lets just say that she tells Armand she is doing interior design work

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content