The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26

2 posters

Go down

The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26 Empty The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 am

The conference room on deck 5 was massive. One, large, ‘U’ shaped table with black leather and bright metal chairs all around it. Officers from both shifts and non bridge officers alike were there. Most were human but not all. Elyse met Kaia just outside her door. She was waiting for her as she did not want to go in there by herself. Together they entered the double doors that led to the room. There was a large, black screen that was probably for presentations. There were smaller, desk screens in front of every chair and a side table with refreshments. This morning there was coffee, tea, juices and some kind of blue liquid that a Bolian officer was drinking. As they stepped inside the room several people turned to look at them. As if on cue, Ensign Sulu and Ensign Chekhov were right there to greet them.

“So I see the rumors are true,” Chekhov said. He looked young for an Ensign and he was. One of the youngest on the ship. “What rumor...is that?” Elyse asked concernedly, taking the bait for him to continue. And so he did. “I am missing out on Alpha Team, it is filled with such...beautiful people,” He said in a thick Russian accent. “Pavel…” Sulu said shaking his head in exasperation. Sulu extended his hand to them. “Ensign Hikaru Sulu, your pilot,” he said as he shook each of their hands in turn. “We’ve heard alot about you both,” he said. “Good things all,” Chekhov said. Elyse didn’t know how to take these two but she decided that they were not trying to be coy or be deceitful in some way to play another joke on them like Nathan had. She still can’t believe she fell for it. The man was far too good looking for his own good and his baby blue eyes had distracted her. Yes, that was it.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26 Empty Re: The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 am

Despite her best efforts, Saehir had not slept well that night. Her dreams were plagued by memories of her parents death and of James. She had only been with one other guy since him, but that guy didn't even compare to James. She decided when she woke up that morning that she was probably just feeling a little sexually frustrated and didn't think any more of it. She dressed and found Elyse was waiting for her outside her door to go to the meeting. The two women took the elevator to deck 5 and then walked down to the conference room. When they walked in they found other officers already there. Most appeared to be human, but there were a few that were other species as well. The two women drew the attention of several males in the room as they made their way over to the refreshments table. Standing there, were two men. One was extremely young and had golden blonde curly hair. The other was of Asian descent. The younger of the two spoke first. He had a thick Russian accent. What he said actually made both women smile. Elyse thought Checkhov was rather adorable. 

Suddenly, Kaia heard the unmistakable voice of Kirk as he walked into the conference room with someone else. The second voice was deeper and had a slightly Southern accent to it. Both women turned and Elyse found herself looking at a taller man with thick, dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her eyes met his across the conference room and she couldn't help but notice that he stopped mid-sentence in what he was saying to the Captain. Kaia's eyes met James for a moment before she glanced away and smiled at Elyse.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26 Empty Re: The Officer's Meeting Stardate 2258.26

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 10:14 am

James ofcourse knew Kaia was going to be here. All of his officers were. Spock was already sitting at his chair waiting. Likely he saw this as an inefficient thing to be doing right now but Kirk thought it was important for everyone to at least, see and hear who they'll be working with.

McCoy didn't fluster often but the incredibly cute redhead just across the way. Her smile made him smile. He looked at Kirk. "Does it always need ta be so damn warm in here?" He said brashly to Kirk then moved to take his seat. "C'mon Spock, this isn't a performance review...socialize a little," Kirk said in a low tone to Spock. Spock looked at him. "I find such pursuits to be...unnecessary Captain and I've spoken to each and every officer in this room at one time or another," Spock clarified. Kirk just smiled and shook his head.

"Ok, I'd like everyone to take their seats," Kirk said as he rubbed his hands together. The Bolian had been eating a large blueberry muffin and he found himself suddenly alone at the refreshment table. "Uh...sowwy, Cappin," He said with his mouth full as he hurried to take an empty seat. McCoy was looking at Elyse and when she looked at him he looked away. No, not cute...'Gorgeous'. Elyse was tall with a very nice figure. Blazing blue eyes and fiery red hair. He took a sip of his coffee absentmindedly and burned his tongue by accident. He reacted to it quietly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 10:33 am

Elyse has thought that Nathan was handsome, but there was something about this man that drew her eye and caused her cheeks to flush. Kaia smiled at her as they sat down next to each other. “Well, looks like someone has an admirer,” Kaia teasingly whispered to her. She saw Elyse’s cheeks flush a little more. “Yup,” she teased again, hinting that she was actually talking about Elyse admiring the man instead of the other way around.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 10:45 am

"Ok, I just wanted to get everyone together. Everyone in this room, your fellow officers, are going to be who you will all rely on. We're all making a tremendous sacrifice on this mission. Those of you with families especially. But we all know how important this is that the Federation grows. Our mission is to take a direct part in helping it grow. Some of the races and civilizations we will meet will be a first contact situation. The prime directive will govern how we handle these first contact situations but if we can safely learn about these new peoples, I'd like us to try. What we do out there," he gestured to the windows in the room. "Is important. And I need all of you to do your best. Help each other, learn from each other. Embrace all of your differences. Because that is what the Federation is all about. Alot of people are counting on us and I don't want to let them down. You were chosen to be on the Enterprise because you're the best of the best. And I will expect nothing less," He said.

"Now, please, take some time, get to know one another...and report to your duty stations at 1000 hours...dismissed," Kirk said. then moved back and sat down next to Spock.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 11:05 am

Kaia was rather impressed by Kirk's speech. It was eloquent and inspiring. Certainly different than the extremely dirty things he used to whisper into her ear. Just thinking about that made her feel a little warm. She looked over at Elyse and then glanced back at the refreshments table where the saw the man that Elyse had been looking at. "Hey, would you get a refill on my drink for me?" she asked. Elyse nodded and stood up and stepped over towards the refreshments table where she suddenly saw the man there. They both looked at each other for a moment before Elyse extended her hand in greeting. "I'm Lieutenant Elyse Turner. Helm and Tactical Officer."

Kaia glanced back over at Kirk and judging by the smirk on his face he had seen what she had just done. She gave him a little smile and then went to go mingle.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 2:26 pm

McCoy always drank alot of coffee. Plain, strong and black. He picked up the decanter and poured himself a cup. When he saw another cup near him he filled that and then another. When no more were in his field of vision he shifted the decanter back but knew yet more people were there. He could see them in his peripheral vision. When he turned he came face to face with Elyse Turner. McCoy smiled and set down the decanter so he could shake her hand.

"McCoy, Doctor Leonard McCoy," he said. He noticed that Elyse was tall, nearly as tell as he was or maybe just as tall. That didn't turn him off of her though. The woman was younger than he was and a HELL of alot prettier. "By that look of enthusiasm on your face, I'll make the assumption that you said yes when they asked you. Can't say I said the same thing. But, as it turns out, I didn't have much choice. My ex took the entire planet in the divorce," he said. "Are you...leaving someone behind? Someone important I mean," He asked. He thought he might as well get that question out of the way. Not that something like that would have turned him aside from her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Elyse smiled at Leonard. Kaia saw that the two were talking and she smiled and walked over to take her cup of newly refilled coffee from her. She then quickly snuck away so as not to interrupt them. "Of course I'm excited. This is an incredible opportunity. There is nowhere else that I would rather be than here." She took a sip from her own cup and then blushed ever so slightly at his question. "No. When I was at the Academy I was too busy studying to date and then I was stationed on the USS Zephyr for 6 months. My father is the Captain of the USS Intrepid, although he's probably going to make Admiral very soon. My brothers are stationed on the USS Phoenix and USS Aires and my mother works for the Academy as an instructor. Because we're all spread out we haven't really seen each other in a while, but I'm used to that at this point. So, you and your ex wife had your own planet?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 2:50 pm

"Well, no," McCoy said with a chuckle. "But, You get the idea," he said. "I already served with J...eh, the Captain during the war. So, to make a long story short...I didn't exactly 'want' to be on a ship for 5 years. But, from where I'm standing...it doesn't seem so bad right now," He said with a smile then took a sip of his coffee. "Space was not my first choice either. It seems not to agree with my areophobia," he said.

Nathan had seen Kaia from across the room. He couldn't tell which, between her and Elyse, he thought was the prettier of the two. He liked brunettes but Elyse's eyes had a sparkle too them. No, Kaia's eyes were prettier. No, Elyse's hair, that fiery red made it difficult to look away from her.

"So, did you find the help you needed Lt.? He asked Kaia as he stepped up behind her. He chuckled a little when he thought about it. He so loved to play jokes on people. It was a thing with him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Elyse smiled warmly at him. "Well, perhaps 5 years in space will help cure you of your areophobia. I love being in space. I was actually born on the Yorktown. There's just something about looking out into the vast darkness and wondering what's out there that has always fascinated me."

Kaia heard a familiar voice behind her and she sighed as she turned to look at Nathan. She was no longer angry at him for what he had done. "Yes, actually. I should have picked up on what you were doing. I give you credit for fooling me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Nathan smiled at how she made a compliment sound like a condescension. He took a sip of his tea. "Scuttlebutt says you're pretty good in hand to hand combat," He said. "I'm teaching a class Tuesday and Friday Mornings at 0700 hours. I could use someone with a bit of skill," he said as he returned the favor in how he too just made a compliment sound like he was condescending to her. Which he clearly was and had the nerve to smile at her anyway. Nathan did have a great smile and several of the female officers watched him like hawks that saw a tasty rabbit in a field. Nathan appeared t be oblivious to that and he was.

Nathan was large and there was very little fat on him. He was solid and strong but his eyes held a look of kindness in them. Especially when he was looking at her. She could tell he was about to ask her out in some way if she didn't do something quickly to forestall him. Nathan wanted to get closer to Kaia. He knew that the moment he first laid eyes on her. She was extremely beautiful but seemed to keep herself at a distance from everyone. Not a longer, exactly and yet, something about her made her think she was a loner...inside. That made him sad though he couldn't say why to that either.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Nathan was extremely handsome, although her mind still wandered back to Kirk, even while talking to Nathan. Kirk was the man she needed to be focusing on. However, she needed to let him make the first move. And based on the way he was watching Nathan with her she had a suspicion that he was already feeling some jealousy. She pretended not to notice and continued to focus on Nathan. 

"I might be able to be talked into helping you out with your class."

Uhura was sitting next to Kirk and she was trying to talk to him about a few important things. However, Kirk's focus seemed to have gotten pulled away.

"Captain? Captain?" She noticed who he was looking at and she looked back at him. "Is everything alright?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 4:32 pm

"Hmm? Oh, uh, sorry Ensign...continue please," he said. He was going to have to talk to Kaia. Having her so close at hand and keeping her at a distance was NOT going to be easy. He also didn't much care for the way Lt. Quinn was looking at her. He knew he should just step aside. He knew it like he knew water was wet. But he also knew himself. And 5 years was a very long time. No time to change it now. The ship disembarks in a couple hours.

"And don't worry, I'll take it easy on you. The whole point is for everyone to learn,' he explained then sighed. The room was thinning out and he knew he had work to do as well but he'd much rather just look into her gorgeous blue eyes all day. "Well, I've got some work to do before we leave...catch ya later Lt." He said then smiled and left the room. Elyse came over to her as the doctor too had work he had to do. She was smiling ear to ear.

"I think I need a shower," Elyse said to Kaia. She was having a difficult time keeping her composure with those gorgeous brown eyes looking at her like they were. And that accent was making her crazy. Now that the prospect of being away for so long was actually happening. Elyse began to think about what she had been missing all these years. "I see you and Nathan are getting a little chummy?" she asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Uhura glanced at Kaia and Nathan again and then looked back at the Captain. Uhura was an excellent observer and she had a feeling that there was something more going on there, but she left it be. After all, it was none of her business. She continued on with what she had been telling him.

Kaia gave Nathan a little smile as he left. She noticed that Dr. McCoy left as well. Kaia shook her head when Elyse insinuated that there was something going on between Nathan and herself. "He was just asking me for my help in teaching a combat class twice a week since I have combat training. However, I can tell from your smile that your conversation with Dr. McCoy went well."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 6:10 pm

"Mhmm, sure...help with 'training'," she said. She was not convinced that Kaia and Nathan weren't moving at light speed to hook up. What she thought was that was misdirected ofcourse. She didn't know about Kaia and Kirk. She looked at Kaia. "Cya on the bridge at 10?" When the woman nodded Elyse smiled and moved off down the hall. Kirk was looking at Kaia again but he was quickly turned away by Spock who handed him a report to look at. Uhura, Spock, Lt. Scott, the ship's Engineer and Kirk were all talking about last minute preparations when Chekhov came over the intercom.

"Captain Kirk, priority one message from Starfleet Command," he said. Kirk sighed and pulled out his pocket communicator. It clicked open. "Kirk here," he said. "Kirk, this is Admiral Korett. We've got an emergency situation and The Enterprise is the closest ship," He said. "One moment Admiral," Kirk said as he stood up. The others did as well. "Spock, get us ready to move," Kirk said. "Yes Captain," Spock said. Kirk moved past the others still in the room, including Kaia. Spock moved to the wall intercom.

"Alpha team bridge officers report to the bridge immediately," Spock said then turned and gestured at Scotty. Scotty nodded and everyone else in the room moved down the hall.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Kaia glanced over at Kirk again and was about to step out of the conference room when suddenly Chekhov came over the intercom and informed the Captain that there was a priority one message from Starfleet Command. She only heard part of what Admiral Korett said before Kirk stepped out of the room. When Spock gave the command for the Alpha team bridge officers to report to the bridge she moved past Scotty and she gave him a little smile. They had met the day before and she saw him blush and smile back at her. She knew that the more people she had under her thumb the better. 

She made her way to the bridge with everyone else. She had not yet seen the bridge and as the doors slid open she was greeted by a glistening sight. Everything was new and of the latest technology. Kaia made her way over to her station and looked it over. It was all exactly how she had expected it. A moment later Lt. Turner arrived and she gave Kaia a little nod before taking her place at the helm.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue May 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Kirk was in his ready room getting the situation report from the Admiral. Spock came onto the bridge as Chekhov and several crewman were coming off after a few last minute adjustments. Spock moved and sat in the Captain's chair as Kaia and Elyse configured their stations to the way they wanted them. Kirk came out of his ready room and Spock stood. "Captain on the bridge," he said as he shifted to his First Officer's chair. Kirk sat down then leaned down to speak into the arm of his chair. "Scotty!" he said. "Yes sir," Scotty said. "We'll be going to warp speed," He said. "I, sir," Scotty said. Kirk looked around the room as everyone prepared themselves for an early departure.

"I know you all were expecting to get out of dodge but one of our ship's, the USS Lakota has gone missing near Galador. We've been tasked to investigate. Sulu, clear all moorings and prepare the ship for impulse power," he said. "I sir," Sulu responded. Outside the ship all of the massive cables detached from the hull and were pulled in. All of the worker bee pods moved away and all of the ship's outer lights went on. The nacelles were powered up and the impulse drive bloomed with readiness. Elyes smiled and looked over at Kaia.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue May 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Seeing Kirk sit in the Captain's chair made her want to bite her lip. He looked incredible there. She and Elyse listened as he informed them of what was going on. Kaia waited until she received confirmation that all of the cables had been detached and were clear before speaking in a clear, confident voice. "Captain, the Enterprise is clear for departure." Elyse smiled at her and gave her a little nod of approval.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum