The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hiding Place (Month 2, 22BBY)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Hiding Place (Month 2, 22BBY) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Hiding Place (Month 2, 22BBY)

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Kaia had not slept that well in a very long time. She slept deeply and peacefully. When she woke up she found she was alone in Ranik's bed. She got up and got dressed in some fresh clothes and brushed out her long, red hair. She left it down and then stepped out of his room to go figure out where he was. She found him in the main living area sitting cross legged on the floor with the older children. He was teaching them how to play cards. She gave him a little smile.

"So, teaching them how to cheat?" she teased with a little grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Hiding Place (Month 2, 22BBY) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Hiding Place (Month 2, 22BBY)

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Ranik looked up from his hand of cards and smiled at what Kaia had said. His smile grew when he looked into her gorgeous green eyes. Her hair was soft and silky looking and it had that clean sheen that made it almost glow in the dim light of the cabin. That and she looked like she slept. “Ok kids, deal me out,” He said as he tossed his cards in. Several of the children groaned in displeasure when he got up. One of the older girls had the children next to her and she held the infant in her arms as she hummed softly to them. Ranik gestured Kaia over away from them so he could speak to her.

They were near the Galley and he leaned his arm against the doorframe. He reached out with his right hand and lightly touched her face. “Did last night really happen?” He asked her softly and shifted his eyes toward the Rodians for a moment before he brought them back to hers. “It felt like a dream,” He said and smiled at her. His smile faded quickly though.

“We need a place to drop off our precious cargo,” he said as he nodded toward the children. “I’m ok going into Core Space but I don’t think we can risk taking them to Coruscant,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Kaia felt happy for the first time in a while and that happiness grew when Ranik smiled at her. She watched as he tossed his cards in and then got up. When he gestured for her to join him near the galley she followed and stood close to him as he reached up and lightly touched her face. She looked into his eyes and smiled softly.

"Yes, it did happen."

She followed his glance over towards the Rodianian children and then she looked back at him. "I've already figured that out. We will go to Alderaan. There is a Jedi Master there, Eeth Koth. He was a friend of Zavian's and I trust him. I know he will take the Force Sensitive child and will find safe places for the rest of the children."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Ranik’s eyes grew large for a moment to her words but then his expression was one of approval and he nodded thoughtfully. “Sounds fine to me, I’ll have Hark change course,” Ranik said but as he was about to lower his hand she moved hers up and placed it over his and set his back onto her face. She lifted it and kissed his palm and it made him want to shiver. He leaned toward her and kissed her softly on the lips. When he pulled back he felt someone watching them and he shifted and looked back at the children. Several of them were looking at them and they were all smiles, ear to ear. Ranik looked back at Kaia a moment and chuckled silently before he headed toward the cockpit.

That night Ranik had turned in early and Kaia was up watching over the ship. Then R2 was watching the ship as it traveled in hyperspace and Hark was recharging. The children slept soundly as the hum of the ship lulled them to sleep. When he heard her come into the room and shut the door behind her he opened his eyes. Her eyes met his in the darkness and as she undressed in front of him he shifted over and made room for her. When she was completely naked he lifted up the covers for her and when she climbed into bed he shifted toward her and felt her arms go around his neck as he kissed her deeply then she kissed him back. She rolled him over onto his back then shifted until she felt him. Then she made love to him.

A while later she snuggled up against his chest. The covers were up to her cheek and he lightly stroked her long, red hair and basked in the warmth of her body against him. “Did you know I used to be a Mandalorian?” He asked. He felt her shift and felt her soft kisses on his chest as she tilted her head up to look at him. “Aye, I was. I was a foundling. A Mando called Gorrell Zane found me on Duntooine. He raised me as his own and taught me how to live as he lived,” Ranik said. “We became bounty hunters and worked mainly for the Hutts. The 5 crime syndicates were at war and we wanted to stay out of it. But that didn’t last long. The Crimson Dawn sent some thugs after us and during the fight Gorrell was killed and my helmet came off when a grenade detonated near me. When I woke up and saw my helmet, I knew my Mando days were over. That’s where I found Hark. So, I took Gorrell’s new ship, The Fury and never looked back,” Ranik said. He shifted his head down to kiss her cheek but she shifted her face up and he kissed her lips instead. “So thats my story,” he said softly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Kaia enjoyed the feel of Ranik's arms around her. They were strong and comforting. Laying up against his chest she could hear his heartbeat and as she breathed she inhaled his scent. It was slightly musky and different than Zavian's. Neither one of them had spoken in a while when Ranik suddenly broke the silence. As he began to speak she lightly kissed his chest a few times before looking up at him. He had never told her about his past. She was not entirely surprised to learn that he had once been a Mandalorian. He certainly had the skills of one. It made her feel closer to him knowing that he trusted her enough to open up to her like this. After he finished speaking she lay there quietly for a moment before deciding to finally tell him something she had been keeping from him all this time.

"I know you know that my family are Sith, but there's something I have not told you. Ten years ago I met my father and he revealed something to me. He told me that there is a prophecy surrounding me. It is foretold that I am the Nightmother's successor."

She looked up at him to see how he might react to what she had just revealed to him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Kaia enjoyed the feel of Ranik's arms around her. They were strong and comforting. Laying up against his chest she could hear his heartbeat and as she breathed she inhaled his scent. It was slightly musky and different than Zavian's. Neither one of them had spoken in a while when Ranik suddenly broke the silence. As he began to speak she lightly kissed his chest a few times before looking up at him. He had never told her about his past. She was not entirely surprised to learn that he had once been a Mandalorian. He certainly had the skills of one. It made her feel closer to him knowing that he trusted her enough to open up to her like this. After he finished speaking she lay there quietly for a moment before deciding to finally tell him something she had been keeping from him all this time.

"I know you know that my family are Sith, but there's something I have not told you. Ten years ago I met my father and he revealed something to me. He told me that there is a prophecy surrounding me. It is foretold that I am the Nightmother's successor."

She looked up at him to see how he might react to what she had just revealed to him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Ranik took in a sharp breath and lifted up his head. “He told you that!?” He asked as he exhaled. When she looked at him he thought about the other things she had said. “Well obviously we don’t go to Dathomir then, not ever,” Ranik said. He was in love with Kaia and he didn’t want to lose her. Not now, not ever.

“A prophecy...I don’t like the sound of that. The Nightmother...her name...I knew her name once. I forget it now,” he said. “So you met your father? And your mother and your brother? And their all Sith? And they let you go?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Kaia winced at Ranik's outburst. She sighed and then sat up slightly to look at him. She decided she needed to just tell him everything. "My mother was once being trained to be a Jedi. She was of a noble family from Corellia. She became Mace Windu's apprentice. She was nearly ready to take the trials when she met my father, Tarian. He was the one who turned her and completed her training. They fell in love and married and my twin brother and I were the result. Apparently my mother had a dream about the prophecy and they decided their only choice was to give me to the Jedi. I was four months old at the time. My brother and I have only ever met once. He was with Darth Maul. He tried to turn me, but I refused and he became angry. It was his lightsaber that Darth Maul used to kill Zavian. My father also tried to turn me. I don't think they will ever give up. They believe I belong with them now."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Ranik shifted and took hold of her arm. “Well they can’t have you!” He said in nearly a growl. “Do you hear me? They...can’t...have you Kaia. We’re doing something important. We’re doing something important. We’ve given all those children another chance at growing up,” he said. “And I love you Kaia,” Ranik said softly. He cast his eyes down though as he suddenly felt self-conscious for blurting that out. He didn’t want her to feel like she needed to reciprocate that.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Kaia looked rather surprised at what Ranik said. She knew she felt something strong for him, but she just didn't feel ready to say those words yet. She titled his head up to look at her and she leaned in and kissed him. The kiss was soft and gentle at first before deepening. She felt him kiss her back and that was the end of their conversation. No other words needed to be spoken.

Hark set a new course for Alderaan and several days later they came out of hyperspace and found a place to land. Hark and R2 were instructed to remain with the other children, but Kaia took the infant with her. Eeth Koth had been a friend of Zavian's. She had met him several times and knew she could trust him. She led Ranik to his home and she knocked on the door.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2