The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comings and Goings

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Comings and Goings Empty Comings and Goings

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Logan and Natalya had called everyone into the main living area. He took Natalya’s hand as everyone gradually joined them. Obviously everyone was curious as to what this was all about. Even Wiliam hobbled over after his parents who stopped just short of them. Serena, Peter and Kat were the last. Brice Banner was staying at the tower for a while now that he had come out of isolation.

Logan rubbed his hands together. “First I want to say...thank you for the years in which you’ve put up with us...me,” he said. Tony winced immediately knowing what this was going to be about. “Well I dont like beating around the bush so ill say it plain. We’re leaving. Im not sure where yet maybe travel a little. See the world we’ve been protecting for a while,” he said and felt Natalya’s hand squeeze his hard.

He knew she didnt want to leave but he felt as if they stayed her luck would eventually dry up.

Steve looked shocked. “Logan...is it an issue with...one of us? We can work it out,” he began but logan wsved him off. “No no its nothing like that.We just need a break I think. Yes, a break,” he said as if the thought had just occured to him.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Comings and Goings Empty Re: Comings and Goings

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Natalya had never thought she would actually have a family before coming to the Tower. Tatiana had created her and used her and no one else had ever cared about her. Then, she had met Logan and he had brought her here and she had finally gotten the family she had wanted. True, they didn't always get along, but did any family? The truth of the matter was, was that she would die for any of the people in that room. Logan had saved her and given her a second chance, but they had changed her life...all of them and made her into the woman she was today. She didn't want this to be goodbye forever. It would break her heart if that was the case.

Serena was standing next to Peter and she looked at Logan and Natalya. She was shocked to hear that they were leaving. However, hearing Logan use the word 'break' made her think that this wasn't permanent.

"So, then you both will be coming back, right?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Logan turned to face her. “Yeah, we’ll be back...But I dont know when exactly,” he said. “This isnt a goodbye or anything. We’re not falling off the grid,” he said.

Peter cane up to them and he shook Logan’s hand. “Well thank you Logan for keeping us safe in this dangerous business. When he shifted to Natalya though he lost it and hugged her. “I dont want you to go,” he said as tears welled up in his eyes. “Your like the big sister I never had,” he said as he kissed her cheek. Peter had alot of respect for Natalya and losing her was going to be rough for a while. Maybe forever.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Natalya was silently relieved to hear Logan say out loud that they would be back. She wasn't going to push him for when that would be, but perhaps after a year or two they could discuss coming back. She actually believed that a break would be good for them and she was looking forward to seeing the world with him.

When Peter hugged her she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back. "Don't worry Peter. We'll be back. I'm sorry we're going to miss your wedding though. You'll have to send us pictures."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:41 pm

“Oh we will Natalya, but I will miss you,” he said then backed away and brushed the tears from his eyes. “Take care of yourself Logan,” Steve said as he shook his hand. He moved over to Natalya and extended hisnhand to her as well. “You’ve come a long way Natalya take care of him,” he said them leaned in and kissed her cheek. “And yourself,” he said then stepped away.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:49 pm

One by one the others came up to Logan and Natalya to say goodbye. There were tears between the women. Isabella, Kate, and Natalya had grown close over the years. Isabella knew that she had passed judgement on Natalya when Logan had first brought her to the Tower, but she now considered her a close friend. She hoped that Logan would take care of Natalya and bring her back one day soon.

The last person to approach the couple was Tony. Isabella stood back and waited to hear what Tony would say.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 pm

As Tony approached he shook Logan’s hand and Logan frowned. “Thats a bank card Logan. Use it as you want,” he said. “Have fun ok? You’ve earned it,” he said. He moved to Natalya. As he hugged her though he kissed her dead on the lips. He smiled. “I always wanted to do that,” he said. Steve chuckled and got an elbow in his ribs from Kate. “All good things,” he said then stepped away.

“Well we have alot of packing to do, and thank you all once again,” Logan said then turned and stepped toward their room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Natalya was shocked when Tony kissed her, but was impressed by his boldness. Especially since Logan was standing right there. As Tony pulled back she actually smiled a little. Isabella just rolled her eyes at her husband and shook her head. She rolled her eyes again when she heard Bruce actually ask Tony how Natalya's lips were. She muttered 'men' under her breath before going into the kitchen to make some tea.

Natalya walked with Logan back into their room and she looked at him. "So, we haven't decided where we are going first."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Logan lifted up one of their suitcases and he set it on the bed. “Where do you want to go? North? The coast? Take a cruise? Someplace further? How bout England or France? Where ever you want to go Natalya, we will go,” he said and came around the bed and put his hands on her. He could tell she was unsettled. But he felt strongly that they were doing the right thing. She was his responsibility.

“Look I know its going to be hard but I really think we’ll have fun,” he said and took her face into his hands. He rubbed the back of her neck and kissed her. “We will come back someday,” he said softly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Leaving the Tower was extremely difficult for Natalya and as they got into a cab to go to the airport she looked back and felt tears come to her eyes. However, Logan took her hand and gave it a squeeze and she knew everything was going to be alright.

Three days later Peter, Serena, and Kat got into a car and drove out of the city towards Westchester. They had been in contact with Professor Xavier and he had agreed to take Katrina in and give her a safe place to stay. Serena had not asked Charles if Gambit was there. She knew there was a chance that he was. She hadn't yet told him that she and Peter were engaged.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:00 pm

They were stopped at the gate but once the guards saw Happy’s face they buzzed them through. Peter had never been here but Serena had intimate knowledge of the mansion and the grounds. Happy pulled up rigjt out front and they all exited the car. After a short walk through the halls they found themselves at Charles office. The door suddenly opened and Gambit came out. He nearly ran into Peter.

“Peter...Parker?” He said them faced Serena. Gambit looked exactly like she remembered. “Serena!” He said excitedly and hugged her. “Oh my god, where did you cone from?” He asked breathlessly. Clearly he still had feelings for her. Gambit picked her up and spun her around and smiled at her.

“Gambit..I have business with Miss Stark thank you,” charles said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Seeing Gambit again brought back a wave of emotions and memories and she had to stop herself from actually crying. She and Gambit had been reunited here in her other life...they had been married here...and Gambit had died here in her arms only a few years after they were married. She couldn't deny that she still had feelings for Gambit, but thankfully Peter acknowledged those feelings and accepted them.

After Gambit set her down she looked at him. "I need to talk to you later," she told him. She saw him looking at her and for a brief moment she wondered if he possibly remembered their other life together...but she knew it was impossible. She stepped away from him and walked into the office with Peter and Kat.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Gambit touched her face and smiled at her once more than moved past her down the hall. Charles was exactly like she remembered him. Bald and in his wheelchair. Peter shut the door behind them and Kat was right there holding his hand the entire way. “Its alright Kat, he’s a good man, you’ll see,” he said. Charles gestured for them to sit and they all did and Peter put Kat on his lap. They were becoming somewhat attached it seemed. Kat didn’t want to be very far from Peter.

“So this is Katrina, well it is very good to meet you Kathrine. My name is Charles Xavier and this is my school for the gifted,” he said.

“Uh...gifted kids...like me?” Kat asked meekly. “Thats right, gifted kids like you. We have a whole school of kids here. After I’ll take you to meet them if you like. Recess is coming soon for them,” he said. Kat smiled at Peter. “I like recess,” She said. “I know I liked it too,” Peter said and touched her nose. Kat smiled at him.

Storm knocked then came into the office. “Kathrine, this is Storm a good friend of mine, if you go with her she’ll introduce you to other children your age. I’d like to talk to Peter and Serena for a while, would that be alright?” he said.

Serena remembered Storm. They had become very close friends while she was here. She remembered seeing her corpse not far from where they were now.

“Hi Katherine, if you come with me we’ll see who wants to play a game with us, ok?” she said and Kat hopped off of Peter’s lap and went to her. “I like hide and seek,” she said as they moved down the hall.

“A remarkable young lady,” Charles said. “Her parents and her brother were murdered by the Kree, a terrible business that. She has an awesome power Peter. What is it that you hope for her here?” he asked. Peter looked at Serena then back at charles.

“She was forced to use her power against humanity. I think part of her knows what she’s done but she was coerced. I want you to give her the childhood she deserves,” Peter said as tears welled up in his eyes. “She deserves that much. If there is anything you can do...to suppress...her mutation...I think that would be best,” he said. That had been what he and Serena had talked about. But it bothered him still.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Serena smiled as she watched Peter with Kat. She could easily see him as a father. They had decided that they wanted to wait another year or two before having children so they could have time to themselves after they were married, but she knew when that day came and Peter held their child for the first time she would be so happy.

It was going to be good for Kat here. In some ways Serena wished that she had been able to come here when she had first discovered her powers, but it was a comforting feeling just knowing that she could call Charles if she had any concerns.

Serena listened to Charles and Peter talk and she could see that the part about suppressing Kat's powers bothered Peter a great deal. She looked at Charles to explain.

"Dr. Stephen Strange believes both Katrina Kyle and William Rogers to be a threat to the planet and humanity. I was supposed to be kill her, but Peter stopped me and after that I just couldn't go through with it. We saved her life, but Dr. Strange believes she may still be a threat. You see Professor Xavier, I have actually already lived through that destruction. I know it is difficult to believe, but it is true. My memories of that life are still intact, but I was brought back in time to stop that future from happening."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:52 pm

“Serena it might help me if I could see what you’ve seen...wil you allow me?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Serena looked at Professor Xavier and nodded. She then looked at Peter. "Do you want to see?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Peter thought about that for a moment and then shook his head. Xavier began to read her mind. She showed him alm of it. Two lives worth of death and destruction. Of watching the people she loved wither away and die. When he finally broke contact his hands were shaking and he brought them up to his face that was covered in sweat. Peter’s eyebrows wanted to go up onto his head. Charles cleared his throat.

“Serena...I...im sorry,” he said. “I will of course do what I can for the girl and William when it is time,” he said. He wiped the tears from his eyes. “Peter may I speak to Serena alone?” Charles asked. Peter looked at Serena when she nodded he stood. “Ill be right outside,” he said then left the two of them alone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Serena showed Charles everything...all of the destruction and pain she and everyone she loved and cared about had endured. She held back nothing. It was...horrific. How she dealt with it was astounding. When Charles broke contact she opened her eyes and could see the sweat on his brow and his hands shaking. She wanted to get up and get him a glass of water, but he held up his hand to say he was alright. After Peter left she sat there with him. Since he had asked to speak to her she waited quietly for him to speak first.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 pm

“What you’ve been through...is..terrifying,” he said breathily. He held his hands together so they’d stop shaking. Evan so those timelines….they no longer exist. But it is clear what they represent. You’d think that anyone with any amount of intelligence would know better than to manipulate time itself,” he said. “Now its beginning to all make sense. Jean Gray experienced something not unlike this,” he said. “Nevertheless keeping the girl’s identity and whereabouts a secret will be very important,” he said. “Does Peter know?” he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 am

Serena assumed that Charles meant about Gambit. Serena nodded. "To an extent. When he finally decided to believe me about the timelines he began to ask me questions and he knows that he and I were not together. He assumes that means that I was with Gambit." She was quiet a moment before speaking again. "It...it was difficult seeing Gambit today. He and I were only married a short amount of time and then he died protecting me and then I spent years alone. Seeing him today and alive was...strange. I'm glad he's doing well though."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:37 am

“Yes he actually teaches a class and is a favorite counselor here,” he said. He cleared his throat again as the last vestiges of what he saw faded. “Your handling of the Kree. We knew something was happening but SHIELD was not forthcoming. “We have been dealing with Magneto’s brotherhood,” he said. “He has a mutant that can teleport himself and all that he touches anywhere he’s been to before. He used to be a student here and he is young and impressionable,” he said.

“How are YOU holding up Serena. I sensed that you remain troubled bu what you’ve lived through. Will Peter be enough? You know you can always return here if you wish,” he said not realizing that she had never stayed here in this timeline. “Katherine having familiar faces and william as well when the time comes will likely make the transition for them easier,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 am

Serena gave a little shrug. “I’m holding up as well as I can,” she told him honestly. “I still have nightmares and seeing people who alive who I last saw as dead is somewhat unsettling, but I am managing. Peter and I are getting married in a few months. I am holding on to that wonderful thought. I’m not sure if I will be able to come back here. There are just too many memories associated with this place...both bad and good.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 am

“Don’t you think you’ve suffered enough Serena? You’ve carried this on your shoulders for too long. You’re a young woman but your heart is far older and far more fragile than I think you’re willing to admit. I could...help you if you ask it of me. I could remove those memories. You could just be Serena Stark in this timeline once again,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

Serena honestly considered Charles’ offer. To have the memories of those other timelines erased would be a...relief. And yet she hesitated. She finally sighed and shook her head. “There are bad memories...most of it is bad...but there are good memories too that I would hate to forget. I was meant to remember and I think that is important.”

She and Charles spoke for a while longer before she stood up and hugged him and said goodbye. She hoped they would see each other again. She stepped out of the office and found Peter waiting for her. “I need to talk to Gambit. Will you be alright with that?” she asked him honestly.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:09 am

Peter was watching Katherine play with the other kids outside. He stood at the double doors that faced the large green where the children were playing Simon Says. He smiled as Katherine seemed to fit right in. Her smile was a happy one but part of him would have liked to get to know her better. He shifted to put his arm around Serena as she approached. Together they watched the children for a while than he heard what she said. He looked at her and tried to decipher her emotions right then when she said she was going to talk to Gambit.

He nodded. “Alright, I’ll just watch them for a while,” he said and tried not to frown as she stepped away from them.

Gambit had moved into the large gameroom. He was playing pool by himself as most of the other children were either eating in the cafeteria or on recess. The adults were either eating as well or watching them like hawks watching their young. There was always threats at the mansion and so no chances were ever taken here.

When he saw Serena he smiled as she took a shot. The ball ofcourse dropped and he set the pool cue down on the table. “Serena!” he said as he came up to her. Before she could even speak he planted his hands on the sides of her face and soft lips on hers and kissed her passionately as if he hadn’t seen her in a very long time, which he hadn’t. Gambit loved Serena and seeing her again had brought all of those feelings he held for her up to the surface once more. Now she was a few years older but no less beautiful for that. His hands moved quickly to her shoulders, the small of her back and to her butt as he kissed her. Gambit was a man that did what he felt he needed to and he never left Serena guessing how he felt. He certainly didn’t right then either.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum