The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some To Do About A Wedding

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some To Do About A Wedding Empty Some To Do About A Wedding

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Logan Shrugged. “Possibly,” he said as Serena and Gambit came back inside. Steve and Kate came out of their room with William. He was getting very big now and Steve had to carry him. Tonight was Logan and Natalya’s night to cook. Logan made a mean burger and so it was burger’s fries and salad and Natalya was in charge of the salad. He never let her touch anything to do with heat because it always turned into a disaster. Cutting things now...she was very good at that!

“So, the wedding,” Steve asked. “You two still planning on doing this?” he asked. Logan just looked at him. “Yes but Natalya hasn’t picked a date yet. I’m told she had found a dress and ‘other’ things but you women are all hush hush about it all,” he said.  “Then that means we need to have a bachelor party soon,” Tony said and grinned. “I know a place,” he said then averted his gaze when Isabella looked at him. When she looked back toward the others Tony grimmed again and nodded his head. Proof that strippers were going to be involved.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Some To Do About A Wedding Empty Re: Some To Do About A Wedding

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Serena and Gambit walked back inside and joined the others for dinner. Serena smiled at William and played with him for a bit while Logan cooked the burgers and Natalya made the salad. While the food was being prepared the topic of Logan and Natalya’s wedding came up. Natalya rolled her eyes at Logan. “I’ll pick a date tonight.”

Serena walked over to Logan and lowered her voice so only he could hear her. “Could you invite Gambit to the bachelor party?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Logan kept looking at the stove as he cooked. “I will if you wish it but your father has big plans for us...he says...you know what that likely means,” he said in a low tone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Serena did know what Logan meant and it did bother her a little but she completely trusted Gambit not to let things go too far.

“I know, but I want him to feel included and to get to know my father better.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:35 pm

“Alright, consider him invited,” Logan whispered then handed her a large plate of burgers on buns. There was a heaping basket of french fries and all kinds of fixings to put on the burgers. The salad was fairly simple with a couple different kinds of dressing. Steve loved burgers but they were Peter’s favorite. He was likely awake and Isabella told her that she’d let Serena bring him in some food after they all ate if she wanted to try again.

“So Natalya and I are going to go to the Island. 2 weeks of nothing but white sand and blue water and that fine lady right there,” he said as he pointed to Natalya. “Clothing optional.” he whispered loud enough for all to hear.

“Gambit to you know where Kitty Pride is?” Tony said suddenly. Out of everyone he hadn’t really been enjoying the evening. He was concerned about Peter and until he was noticeably better he wasn’t certain if he could enjoy anything. Gambit was chewing and it took him a while to respond. “She was an X-Man a while ago but I haven’t seen her lately. Logan, didn’t she have a sister? Samantha I think her name was,” he said Not realizing at all anything about what had happened. Logan tensed up at what he said and for a moment the room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Serena was happy to know that Logan was going to invite him. She knew that Gambit and her father didn't really get along and she wanted them to. Of course their relationship would never be anything like his and Peter's, but her future was with Gambit, this she now knew very clearly, and she wanted them to be able to spend time together.

She took the plate of burgers back over to the table and everyone sat down. Serena continued to think about Peter and desperately hoped he would be alright. She knew it was just going to take time and she hoped that this Kitty Pryde would be able to help him. Suddenly, her father asked Gambit about Kitty and when Gambit began talking to Logan about her sister she saw Logan tense up. Natalya glanced between Gambit and Logan.

"Logan...is everything alright?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Logan dropped his burger down onto his plate and used his napkin to wipe off his hands. “Samantha died years ago. She had been taken hostage and at the time she and I...Shadowcat she called herself then. Just a girl really, wanted to rescue her. There was no way she could get her out so I knocked her unconscious to stop her from going and they killed her sister,” he said. “I decided that one death was better than 2,” he said solemnly. “So you understand why I’m not certain she will be willing to help Peter, to even come within a mile of me,” he said.

“Logan, that was years ago though, she’s had time to think about that. Surely she’s seen the truth of it all now,” Steve said. “I don’t know Steve, how long did it take for you to get over losing Peggy?” He said. Logan didn’t like it when Steve tried to ‘engage’ him with his boy scout mentality. Steve’s eyebrows rose up in offense but he said nothing and looked down at his plate.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Isabella listened to Logan’s story and she sighed softly. “I think Steve is right Logan. Perhaps she will decide to do this because she can save a life. We won’t know until we try and we have to try. What other options do we have?”

“If we find her I could talk to her,” Serena said. “I think I could convince her.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:10 pm

“Charles May know where she is, I will certainly ask him,” Gambit said. Tony looked at Gbit but didn’t say anything. He looked as if he was ‘feeling’ him out a bit.

“Well can anyone use a drink? I know I can,” Tony said as he got up from the table. He moved back into the kitchen and pulled out a pitcher and began making...something.

“So Natalya do you know who you want to give you away?” Kate asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Isabella sighed softly as she watched Tony get up and go to the kitchen to begin making some drinks. She decided to just leave him be for now and talk to him later. They were all upset over Peter, but he was taking this rather hard and she knew he felt responsible for what had happened to him since he hadn't listened to Serena's warnings about the suit.

Natalya looked over at Kate and shook her head. "No one. I don't need anyone to 'give me away.' I plan to just walk by myself."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 pm

“Well Weren’t you going to ask Valentina to be your maid of honor? And look how that turned out,” Logan said in his personal brand of dark humor. He grinned though he did not look at her and no longer felt her arm on his back. “I don’t think we’re going for traditional. Except for the fact that she won’t let me see her dress,” he said.

“Well she shouldn’t,” Gambit said. “It’s bad luck,” he said. “What kind of wedding do you want Serena?” Kate asked to put her on the spot a little.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:29 pm

If Logan had looked at Natalya he would have seen a look that would send chills down his back. He was going to pay for that comment, that's for sure. She removed her arm and actually scooted her chair a little further away from him.

Serena was so caught off guard by Kate's question that she nearly choked on the bite of burger she had taken. She coughed as her face turned red from embarrassment. She decidedly did not look at Gambit. "I...I don't know. I...haven't given it much thought."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Gambit chuckled at the question and Serena’s reaction. “And I bet Isabella would like to see a few grand babies soon as well.” Steve said with a straight face. “Seeing how organized you are I bet you already have names picked out,” Steve said. “Gambit I’m not certain I even know your first and last name,” Steve said. And this time Gambit almost choked on his burger. And then he grinned back at him.

“Well I’ll just take Serena’s name when she gets around to asking me,” he said nonchalantly. Logan chuckled at that and so did Kate of all people. Steve just looked amused.

“And I think 2 boys and a girl will suffice Isabella, don’t you think?” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Serena's face just got redder and redder and she all but sank down into her chair. She and Gambit had not yet truly made their relationship officially official, but she supposed it was now. She also felt rather strange talking about this when Peter was close by. The wound in her heart over him was still open. Natalya saw the look in Serena's eyes and decided that enough was enough.

"How about we change the subject? So, Kate and Steve...when you are two planning on having another kid?"

Now it was Kate's turn to choke on her drink and her face turned a little red.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:31 pm

“Well it’s not that we’re not trying,” Steve said as he smiled decidedly warmly at Kate. “We want to give William a brother or sister. And sooner is better than later I think, right Kate?” He said as he looked at William and tickled his chin. William chortled and pounded his arms onto the high chair. Tony has had to reinforce it otherwise he’d have destroyed it. He had the others easily.

“Serena, prepare a plate and take it to Peter please.” Isabella said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Serena wasn't sure how well this was going to go, but she decided to give it a shot. She slowly got up and prepared a plate the way she knew Peter liked his burger and then grabbed a soda and headed to his room. She knocked lightly before slowly opening the door and stepping in. She left the door partially open.

"Hey Peter...I brought you a burger and some fries. I prepared the burger the way I know you like it."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 pm

Peter was on the floor and his back leaned up against the side of the bed. His room was still a mess but he had cleaned up what he could and fixed what he could. At least his clothes weren’t all over the place.

“Yes, I’m starving,” he said and sounded a lot like his old self. He shifted up onto his knees to accept the plate.

Once she gave it to him he sat back down and began to eat hungrily. “It’s not Rocco’s but I’m so hungry!” He said and noticed that she was still standing. “Did you guys eat already?” He asked in between bites.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Serena handed the plate to Peter and was glad to see he was more back to his old self...for the moment. She knew this was just going to take time. "Yes, we already ate," she told him. She stood there for a moment before slowly walking over and sitting down next to him. "But I'll sit with you." She was quiet a moment before speaking again. "I'm teaching two science classes."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Peter paused in his eating. “Teaching? Where? Midtown? That’s wonderful Serena,” he said. “I always knew you would be a great teacher,” he said. And are a few fries. “I remember being you Roccos when you were sad and sometimes just because you craved it, remember?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Serena gave Peter a little smile. "I'm actually teaching at the Xavier mansion. I'm really enjoying it. I was nervous at first, but I've gotten several kids who weren't interested in science really interested in it now. They love the experiments we do."

She thought about Rocco's and smiled again. "I do remember that. I miss Rocco's quite a bit actually. The next time I'm in the city we will have to get some delivered."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:27 pm

Peter thought about what she said for a moment. “The mansion...the mansion. Xavier’s Mansion?” Peter asked. “So you left the tower? Why did you leave the tower? Don’t you want to be an avenger?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Serena blinked at Peter when he appeared confused about where she had been. "I...I left the night you...attacked me Peter...I've been at the Xavier mansion ever since. I've joined the X-Men team...for now."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Peter looked at his food as if it had offended him in some way. “You left the tower because of me?” He asked and looked at her. “You did didn’t you. I forced you to leave,” he said getting upset. He put his hand on his head and rubbed his hair like it hurt. “I screwed up everything,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Serena could tell Peter was getting upset and she knelt down in front of him. "Peter, I didn't just leave because of you. I also left because of my parents and Steve. They chose not to believe me when I told them about your suit and how it was affecting you. I didn't feel like a valued member of the team. I...I just needed a change. This...this has been good for me. I do miss my best friend though."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:50 pm

Peter set the plate behind him on the bed and wiped his face with the napkin she brought with it. “You don’t understand the horror I feel knowing the hurt you Serena. I love you so much,” he said then shifted suddenly forward and began to kiss her on the lips.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next