The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Day Dawns

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A New Day Dawns Empty A New Day Dawns

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm

“Completely worth it just to see you smile,” he whispered and then he moved away from her back to the elevator.

The next morning Logan was up making pancakes. Peter had spent the night cleaning up the gym but it took far less time to take down than to put up. He decided to stay away from Serena for a while. Make the absence grow fonder or some such that he had heard. He had adopted a different strategy though he knew he already had her in his pocket. He’d romance her like he didn’t have her and when she went away to MIT he hoped that she’d remember him and his efforts to keep her in love with him.

Natalya had just come up from a very intense workout and looked ravenous. Steve and Kate were at the table with coffee and Tony and Isabella were not up yet which spoke volumes at what they had gotten up to this morning though everyone always acted as if they didn’t know. Peter though was no where to be seen.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A New Day Dawns Empty Re: A New Day Dawns

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:59 pm

That night Serena could barely sleep. She just lay awake smiling and thinking about Peter and what a special night it had been. When she finally did fall asleep it was with a smile on her face and Peter in her thoughts. She couldn't imagine anything better than having him back in her life.

The following morning Serena was still asleep since she hadn't fallen asleep until late. Kate was sitting at the table with Steve drinking some coffee while William sat in his bouncy chair. He had already been fed and changed and was quite happy.

Natalya walked in after having worked out for a while. Her dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing her workout leggings and a sports bra and was quite hungry. She quietly took a piece of bacon off of the plate when Logan wasn't looking and went to go get some water.

"Wasn't it romantic what Peter did for Serena?" Kate asked.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Logan just turned around as he stirred the batter and grunted as his response then turned back and began to spoon more batter onto the griddle.

“I think for someone so young he knows a lot about women,” Steve said and gave Kate a wink.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Kate smiled at Steve. “Well I’ll say this, Serena seems to be a hard person to really surprise, but she seemed pleasantly surprised last night.”

Natalya got out a bottle of water and opened it. “I’ll tell you what’s romantic. An evening at the firing range followed by beating the crap out of each other in the gym.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Logan turned and grinned at Natalya. “Tru dat!” He said then went back to cooking. Steve just raised an eyebrow at them and then looked at Kate. Tony and Isabella finally came out of their room and they stepped up to the kitchen. “Good morning all,” Tony said as Isabella gotntjem some coffee. Tony was in his blue pajamas and silver robe and noticed they were all in some kind of discussion.

“So what’s the topic of the morning?” He asked. “Thank you hun,” he said as he accepted the cup from Isabella.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Isabella was quite happy and relaxed after her morning with Tony. Her hair had gotten a little mussed but she had smoothed it out the best she could. She walked into the kitchen with Tony and got down two cups and poured them each some coffee. She prepared each cup the way they liked it and then handed Tony his.

Kate took a sip of her coffee and looked at Tony. “We were just discussing how romantic what Peter did for Serena was. Although Logan and Natalya seem to have a different opinion on what’s romantic.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm

“Peter’s a smart kid. I knew he’d figure Serena out,” he said as he took a sip of his coffee. “I guess she’s still sleeping. Happy said that Peter went to his Aunt May’s house,” Tony said.

“So Isabella, was Tony so romantic?” Steve asked with a grin. “What woman doesn’t like pizza in Italy or Chinese in China?” Steve said as if it was a known fact. “I think for Isabella it was how spontaneous we were,” Tony said And looked at Isabella.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Isabella smiled when she thought about how romantic Tony could be. “Yes, he likes to be spontaneous, but for me it’s always been the little things he says and does. For instance he writes little notes for me and leaves them in places he’ll know I will find.”

The truth was was that Tony and Isabella were still madly in love and it showed. They didn’t hide their love from the world and Tony remained as romantic as ever.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

Tony just shrugged as I it was all just something he did. Steve did not say anything to that. He was not all that spontaneous but he did do things for Kate. Backrubs and foot rubs. Washing her hair or brushing it out for her before bed. They were always together, well almost always. ‘Why would I need to leave a note?’ He wondered.

“Hey, I make Nat pancakes!” Logan said suddenly. “And bacon,” Tony said softly. “And bacon!” logan added. “And I don’t pull my punches because she’s a woman,” Logan chimed in. In truth he didn’t really need to. And she beat him most of the time at just about everything else. Pool, darts, any game that was physical. They were both very competitive people that way.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 am

Kate reached over and took a hold of Steve's free hand and gave it a gentle squeeze and then began to caress his skin with her thumb. She gave him a little smile as if to say that she enjoyed all the little things he did for her.

Nat sat down at the table and looked at Kate and Steve. "So, how does it feel to be parents?"

Kate glanced at Steve. "It's....thrilling and yet terrifying at the same time."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

“We’ve both read those books Kate and he’s not as delicate as you seem to think,” Steve said with a smile. “But you being all maternal…” Steve began then realized that everyone was there though not everyone was paying attention. He cleared his throat and didn’t finish that statement.

Peter had a difficult time sleeping as well. For one, he was not in Serena’s bed. He had not made love to Serena which he did most nights before they fell asleep and he didn’t have her lying next to him. Just her breathing was soothing for him.

He stepped off the elevator and stopped suddenly when he saw everyone together in and around the kitchen. He sighed as he lowered his head and stepped forward. “Uh, morning guys,” he said as he dropped his backpack near one of the stools. He did look around though. ‘Ooo, pancakes and bacon!’ He saw and his stomach growled. ‘She’s not up yet?’ He saw to and smiled.

Tony watched Peter as he entered but decided to see what the kid did. He didn’t say anything and decided to let the women address him if they wanted to. When they only just looked at him and he them Tony rolled his eyes and made Serena a coffee how she liked it. He brought it over to Peter. “She’s still in her room,” He said and handed him the coffee. “Uh, thanks Mr. Stark,” Peter said and then turned with the coffee in hand and stepped away from them toward Serena’s room. When all eyes turned to Tony he just shrugged. He really liked Peter though he never really told him so.

Peter decided not to knock this time. If she was sleeping he didn’t want to wake her. He opened the door as quietly as he could then closed it behind him. He brought the coffee over and set it down on her bedside table. He went onto his knees next to her then looked at her sleep a while before he leaned over her and planted a gentle kiss on her neck.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:49 am

Serena had been having a pleasant dream involving Peter. They were lying on a secluded beach together, but the promise ring Peter had given her had transformed into an engagement ring. She could tell they were both a few years older and she could feel the happiness and love between them. In her dream Peter began to kiss her neck, but then her mind slowly became aware that this was a dream but she could still feel where someone had kissed her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she found herself looking up into Peter's eyes. She smiled at him.

"Good morning."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:02 am

“Good morning beautiful,” Peter said as he shifted up to rest his elbows on the bed and he smoothed her hair back from her face as he kissed her lips. He had put on a little cologne and had already showered so he had a clean, fresh scent. “I couldn’t stop thinking about you last night. I dreamed that we were engaged and together on a beach somewhere,” Peter said grinning into their kiss. “When I think about us, I don’t feel like I’m 21 years old,” He said. “I guess I’m just being impatient but its difficult not to when I love you so much,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:10 am

Serena smiled and kissed him back. She could smell his cologne and she quite liked the musky scent. When Peter mentioned the dream he had had she slowly sat up and looked at him. "I was literally having that exact same dream before I woke up." She saw a look in his eyes and she immediately stopped him before he could say what she knew he was going to say. "That does not mean we should get engaged. We're young still Peter. We're both still in school. Even if we said we would wait and have a long engagement you and I both know that wouldn't happen. It'll happen...just not quite yet."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 am

“Our lives could end tomorrow, the day after, a week from now, or a year from now Serena,” Peter said. “We don’t have lives where we drive to an office, have a conversation at the coffee machine and crunch numbers all day. We risk everything that we are every time we put on those suits. For me it isn’t rushing into anything. It’s living for today and I feel...strange sleeping together under your parents roof like we do and not being...you know, more,” he said honestly. “I thought the promise ring was a good idea but after that dream...I don’t know Serena. Something, a feeling is telling me not to wait,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:40 am

Serena sighed and understood what Peter was saying but she just didn't feel ready yet. She reached over and took his hand into her own and looked at him. "If you and I become engaged and then get married now then I just don't see either of us finishing school. We each have three years left. Please can we just wait until then? I'm going to say yes when you ask me Peter. I just can't now."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am

Peter didn’t know why but he didn’t like that. ‘She said she’d say yes’ he thought but they had made promises to one another before and things did not turn out so rosy between them for a while. Without the obligation he felt that it could happen again. Being apart for so long and only seeing one another during breaks he could handle. They’ve done it before but they were both more mature people now.

“No, it’s not that you can’t,” Peter said as he drew away from her and sat back onto his legs. “It’s that you won’t,” He said disappointedly. “I know what your saying makes sense to but I don’t think I want to do ‘this’,” He gestured around the room. “Anymore unless we are engaged,” he said.

‘She’s willing to have sex without commitment and you have a problem with it?’ He thought to himself of how stupid this sounded. The main problem he was having was that his Aunt May, Uncle Ben and likely his dead mother and father as well would not have approved of his behavior. He loved Serena so much he couldn’t get close enough to her no matter what they did together. But something about this felt...wrong. As if her parents didn’t approve but just didn’t say anything. He would not come out and say that her relationship with Gambit had a part in all of this but it certainly did. Lots of things did.
Peter decided that he was going to ask her anyway and she’d know by the look in his eyes that he was going to ask her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:10 am

Serena couldn't believe what Peter was saying to her. She just stared at him and once she realized he was actually going to ask her she quickly stood up and looked at him. "Please don't ask me right now Peter. You aren't going to like my answer and I don't want to do that to you. I need you to respect that I'm not ready to get married yet. We also only just recently got back together. If you aren't comfortable with us sleeping together when we aren't married or engaged then I respect that and we won't."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am

Peter’s eyebrows wanted to rise up onto the top of his head. Serena spoke so fast that he couldn’t get the words out. And after hearing what she said he was both upset and relieved at the same time. ‘I don’t need you to remind me of THAT!’ he thought and a twinge of hurt and anger about her relationship with Gambit skidded across his heart. ‘Peter, what are you doing!’ He asked himself in obvious alarm. Even so he still got up onto his feet.

“Well, I guess I should thank you for reminding me of that,” he said sarcastically. It was odd, they had risked and saved one another’s lives but just letting everyone know they were going to get married was to much? She wasn’t ‘ready’ for that? He knew he shouldn’t feel so threatened by Gambit anymore but he still felt that hurt of seeing them together and he lashed out.

“So you wont agree to marry me but you’ll fuck me?” He said. “Alright, what about now? Wanna fuck now?” He said as he stepped up to her and put his hands on her. He was angry and belligerent and was just reacting to how he felt right then.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 am

Serena didn't understand what was happening! Was he really going to try and push her into getting engaged to him right then? She wasn't going to let him and she began to feel angry and hurt that he didn't trust her. When he lashed out at her her anger only grew and she actually began to feel threatened by him. When he touched her she reacted and she slapped him across the face...hard.

"I suggest you leave Peter," she told him with tears forming in her eyes. She then pulled off the promise ring he had given her and handed it back to him. "I'm not going to wear this until you learn to trust me. A marriage...a relationship is NOTHING without trust. And I can't take you continuing to feel threatened by Gambit when I am clearly with you and love you. I think you need to take some time and think about that because I won't continue to put up with that."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:52 am

Peter had felt the slap coming but he didn’t even try to avoid it. Partly because he knew he deserved it. That more than anything else. He had heard what she said and knew she wasn’t wrong, not exactly. But he felt he wasn’t exactly wrong either in how he felt. He didn’t want what they had together to be unrealized or common. And part of it was that he didn’t completely trust her when she was away from him. She was very beautiful and a flash of her and Harry, her and Gambit, her and likely others that he had no faces for scrolled across his mind. He wanted what they had to not only ‘feel’ special, but to ‘be’ special but it was nothing more than what she had with Gambit and if he could claw that thought from his skull he would have.

He looked down at the ring. “Keep it, it appears I paid way more than it was really worth,” he said coldly then promptly left her room. The others were talking and when they saw the dark look on his face they all stopped. Without saying anything to anyone he snatched up his backpack, moved briskly to the elevator and went down.

Tony gave a concerned look at Isabella and gave a slight nod toward Serena’s room. Isabella set down her cup and headed right to her door.

Logan dropped several pancakes onto Natalya’s plate and began to plate other plates with pancakes and bacon. “Steve, Natalya said she’d like to babysit sometime soon,” Logan said in a bold-faced lie while Natalya’s mouth was stuffed with pancakes.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 am

By the time Peter closed the door Serena was crying. Last night they had been so happy. Why did Peter have to be so insistent that they get married? He was doing all of this out of his own insecurities and marriage wasn't going to change that. She certainly wasn't going to marry him if those insecurities were still there. It would only make things worse. Peter had some things he needed to figure out. Serena loved Peter, but this he needed to work out alone.

Serena wiped away the tears from her face as her mother walked in. She looked at her and then away. "Peter and I got into a fight."

Natalya had been enjoying her breakfast. Logan made great pancakes and she knew that he made them for her. She took a few more bites and then heard what Logan told Steve. She looked sharply over at Logan with a look that told him he was close to getting a fork stuck in his eye.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:08 am

Isabella looked at Serena a few moments. “Well that’s not uncommon Serena and he really looked upset when he left. I won’t ask you what it was about. I just came in to see if you’re alright. I thought last night had gone well for you two,” she said.

-------------------

“Oh? Well, Kate and I have been thinking about going on a date night,” Steve said playing along. “When would you be available Natalya?” Steve asked and ignored the shocked look in Kate’s eyes. Logan’s grin was nearly ear to ear.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 am

Serena was clearly upset over whatever had just happened. She sat down on the edge of her bed and looked at her mother. "I don't know how to get Peter to trust me...really trust me. He's still so insecure about our relationship and about my feelings for him. I left Gambit for him and I didn't leave him for Gambit...as much as he may think that. I love Peter so much I thought last night he truly understood that."

-----------------------

Natalya swallowed her food and then placed her hand on Logan's thigh and dug her nails into his skin...and not in a sexy way. "Logan has just been talking nonstop about how cute William is and I would not deny him an opportunity to help with the babysitting. WE are BOTH free on Friday night and WE would love to help you out. Wouldn't WE?" she said as she looked at Logan. Her eyes were like black fire and he would know if he said anything other than 'yes' that he was going to live to regret it.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 am

Isabella didn’t really know what to say. It sounded so unlike Peter but she believed Serena. “So do you think he’s just making all this distrust up in his head? That doesn’t sound like Peter does it?” She asked. “I will say that you went from Gambit back to Peter kinda fast and you said you loved Gambit,” She said. “But we all saw that you must have slapped him so it must have been a zinger of an argument,” she said.

“Trust doesn’t come easy for everyone but I know you two will work this out. If last night was any indication of what he’s willing to do for you is any guide,” she said. “You’re sure you’re alright Serena?” she asked in that motherly tone she held for her whenever Serena was obviously upset.

--------------------------

Logan winced at the feel of her nails that bit into his flesh. But she also excited him to...a little. “Mhmm, yep,” Logan said trying to make it not sound as a whimper.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum