The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner and a Villain

2 posters

Go down

Dinner and a Villain Empty Dinner and a Villain

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Serena was rather nervous. It was Saturday night and Peter was coming over to the Tower to meet her parents for the first time. In the days following the incident with her mother things had calmed down and she and her mother had talked. She still didn’t know what Pharoah had said to her to make her so upset but she was beginning to think she was better off not knowing. She and Peter had confirmed everything that morning and he was due to arrive at 6. Kate and Steve had gone out for dinner and Pharoah and Logan had gone out to a pub. Her mother was making Chicken Piccata with linguine and a side salad. There was a chocolate cream pie for dessert that Serena had helped her make. Serena was dressed nicely and had taken her time in getting ready. Ever since Pharoah had shown her how Peter thought of her she couldn’t stop thinking about it. It made her feel special and loved and she wanted Peter to know she felt the same way about him.

“Now Dad, you are going to be nice to him, right?” she said to her father as he walked into the kitchen.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dinner and a Villain Empty Re: Dinner and a Villain

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Peter was decidedly nervous. He was trying to tie his tie but each time he tried it it looked uneven or just to short or long. He normally had no issues tying a tie but today he was all thumbs for some reason. Dinner with ‘the’ parents was at 6 and he fully intended on being a few minutes early. Normally, with Spiderman always having something to do he had been running late to several things. Class, work, study groups, dates, events and other things to. Spiderman got him wounded, late, nearly fired and nearly killed. The difficulty with that was that he was Spiderman and he could not benefit from Spiderman’s exploits at all.

He had decided to take the bus to the Tower. The bus route went right by there and it was a short walk to Stark Tower. One of the most impressive buildings in New York. Home to the Avengers and Tony Stark himself. He hoped he wouldn’t get all star struck. To Serena they were just her parents. He looked down at the small bouquet he had bought for Serena. The flowers were not all that impressive really but they weren’t cheap either. Peter was helping to support his Aunt May and as a result he never had alot of money. But He also knew Serena didn’t value money like most people. She wasn’t so concerned about material things. A lesson he felt Harry had had to learn the hard way. He had used material things to try to keep her with him but in the end she didn’t love him and so she had moved on.

In truth their relationship was odd but the bond between them had done nothing but grow since they spoken openly about their feelings toward one another. She had boyfriends since and he had girlfriends, if not so many partners as she. But it didn’t seem to change how they felt toward one another. In fact, it only affirmed their feelings. He smiled into the mirror then headed out to the bus stop.

…….

The explosion rocked the bus so hard it damaged the left front tire and the engine. All the lights went out and Peter escaped out of one of the windows onto the street. Someone had dropped some kind of bomb on a limousine that was going the opposite direction and the limousine exploded in flames. People on the bus screamed and shouted as it began to fill up with smoke. Outside Peter was forced to ditch the flowers and his clothes as he undressed to his Spiderman outfit. He lowered his mask then moved and tore open the emergency door to the bus.

“Over here! Get out here!” He shouted then took to the air and went after whomever it was flying around on what he thought resembled something he had seen before. With his webs he criss-crossed the street, his body moved fast in the air and he managed to catch up to the odd looking guy on the flying sled he had. “Hey! What’s your name?!” Spiderman shouted at the odd man. The man looked back toward him and it was obvious now to Peter that whomever it was they were wearing a bulky suit possibly armor. It was all green and by how the helmet looked Peter thought he looked like a goblin.

Norman had two more board members to kill tonight. How DARE they try to take HIS company out from under him! He built it from the ground up and they thought they could take it from him! He laughed, ‘Well, they are scurrying around like mice now!’ he thought. The voice he heard nearly startled him. “Spiderman! I was wondering when I’d be seeing you!” he grumbled and flew his sled up then around. As Spiderman made another web then slung himself the sled opened fire at him.

The time was 6:20pm and Tony and Isabella looked at one another. The food was getting cold but they didn’t want to start until Serena’s friend arrived. “Uh, Serena, you did tell him 6 right?” Tony asked for the 2nd time. Isabella didn’t look very happy either. Obviously they wanted to meet Peter just as much as she wanted him to meet them. Now though her mother just looked irritated.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Serena was worried. Peter was never late. He hadn’t texted her to say he was running late and she kept glancing at her phone. Something was wrong. He wouldn’t do this to her. Not when he knew how much this might meant to her and her parents. Her parents had turned down an invitation to a very exclusive party for this evening so they could have this dinner with Peter. She could tell her mother was getting irritated and with the way things had been between them lately she didn’t want to make things worse. She began to wonder if something hadn’t come up that Spider-Man needed to take care of.

“Yes, we spoke this morning. He was excited about coming over. This isn’t like him at all. I think somethings happened. You guys start eating. I’m going to go try to call him.”

She stood up and took her phone and walked away to her bedroom. She pulled up his number and listened as the phone began to ring.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Peter his left his phone in the pocket of his dress pants along with his other things behind a large rock near the side of the street. He couldn’t have answered it anyway he was swinging for his life as this ‘Green Goblin’ psycho flew after him, trying to kill him. He could feel his webs getting low and his arm ached from the gash caused by a bullet from his sled. His leg dripped blood from a piece of shrapnel from one of those odd jack-o-lantern grenades he had as well. And the man was strong! The only real thing that has saved him was his agility and quickness. And he was running now though. He could smell the salt from the docks before he could see the water. The massive warehouses and shipyards were coming up and he thought he might be able to hide.

Tony grunted a nod to her as he began to dig in. “Shouldn’t we just wait?” She heard her mother whisper but it was all drowned out when she held the phone up to her ear and went into her room. It rang and rang until she got his answering message and the beep to leave a message again. As she dialed it once more though she heard a quick knock then Pharoah popped his head in.

Isabella saw Pharaoh move form his room to Serena’s. She thought he was just moving past but when he stopped she actually gasped and her eyes sparkled darkly with heat as she flung her napkin down onto her clean plate. Tony chewed a piece of lettuce as he watched her get up.

“Hey, Serena. I was going to say that your man will suffer defeat or die if you’re not there. You must go to him. I recall the smell of salt and the sound of a seagull in that impression I received from you. The docks maybe,” He said. “I’m..sorry,” He added then shut the door and headed back toward his room before Isabella had reached them. He didn’t look back and closed his door quickly.

Isabella scowled at him and then opened Serena’s door. It took real effort to moderate her tone and her nostrils flared with indignation. “Serena, is everything alright?” She said in a much softer tone than she felt like speaking right then.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Serena’s worry was growing into a deep rooted fear by the second. She knew something was wrong. She could feel it on her gut. She was was nearing panic when Pharoah suddenly popped his head into her room. As she listened to him her eyes widened and she immediately put on her leather jacket. The docks...She was attempting to calm herself when her mother suddenly walked in. She had no time to waste.

“No, everything is not alright. I need to get to Peter. I have to leave now. I swear I will explain everything when I get back. Please I need to use your suit.” Isabella would be able to see the panic in her daughter’s eyes and would know this was a serious situation.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Isabella didn’t understand and she got in her daughters way. “Serena I’m not letting you take my suit!” She said as Serena blew past her. “Tony!!! Tony!” Isabella yelled and followed her out. Tony was still trying to eat but when the women came out of Serena’s room he stood up. “What? Why?!” He yelled back and came from around the table. “Serena, what’s happening? Could we help?” Tony asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Serena was very upset and getting angry and frustrated at this point. "I need Mom's suit so I can save Peter's life and every second we waste talking about this is another second which he is closer to dying! Peter is Spider-Man and right now he needs my help. I have to be the one to help him...it has to be me." She looked at her father with desperation in her eyes. "Dad...please..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Tony stopped his movement toward her and saw the desperation in her eyes. Isabella was looking at her then Tony then back to her then Tony again. “Tony, you can’t,” She began but Tony spoke over her. “Take her suit, its number 18b and I’ll follow after. Isabella’s eyes filled with anger and worry and she shook her head in disbelief. “Tony no!” Isabella pleaded. As Serena ran into the lab she saw the suit fitting platform was already lighting up. As she spoke to Jarvis and told him which suit she waited only a moment before the large robotic arms moved and began fitting pieces onto her extremities. However as she saw the pieces she saw that they did not resemble her mother’s suit at all. The suit seemed more slender and its colors were red, orange and yellow with silver. She saw her parents standing there watching her at the entrance to the lab as the lab ceiling parted open.

Peter was on the bridge now and he shot his webs and hit the goblin in the face. The goblin flew up erratically and Tony flung himself up into the air and he landed right behind the man. The goblin couldn’t see well but he was strong and he grabbed a hold of Peter and began to punch him in the face and stomach. Peter punched him back and they both struggled to stay up on the sled as it flew over the bridge.

As Serena approached…

The Goblin finally freed his eyes and he saw Peter hanging on to his sled. As Peter hung there he pulled at wires and cables. His intent was to disable the sled altogether. “You fool! I can’t have you damaging my sled!” He said and from his wrist he shot tony in the face with some kind of capsule. It broke open and a green gas bloomed all around his head. He coughed and began to feel faint. He tried to remain hanging on the sled but his fingers no longer wanted to grip anything. Serena saw something fall from the sled as she flew toward them and plunge into the icy water below.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Serena raced down the hallway to the lab. She couldn't seem to get there fast enough. As she ran inside she could see the suit fitting platform already lighting up. She was up onto the platform within seconds and gave Jarvis the suit number. However, as the suit pieces began to come together she very quickly realized that this wasn't her mother's blue, iridescent suit. This suit was a gradient of red, orange and yellow, that resembled the colors of the sun. This suit had been made for her! She looked over at her parents for a moment just before the face mask was put in place before taking off into the sky. She had flown in her mother's suit before, but always with her dad right there next to her. This time she was alone. However all of her training had kicked in and she headed as quickly as she could towards the docks.

As she approached she suddenly spotted what appeared to be a sled flying through the air. She could see two figures and quickly knew that one of them was Peter. She didn't know who the other person was. He was large and green and had the face of a Goblin. She could see Peter pulling at some wires underneath the sled, but then the Goblin shot Peter in the face with something. She could see a green gas surrounding Peter's head. She was trying to get there as quickly as she could, however she could see Peter's body starting to go limp. Suddenly, to her horror, Peter lost consciousness and dropped from the sled into the icy water below. She didn't hesitate, but shot herself down into the water after him. Several moments later she burst up out of the water with Peter in her arms. She quickly found a place to land and retracted her face mask.

"Peter?...Peter?!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Peter was not breathing and was unconscious. As she shook him and called out his name she heard her Mother’s voice in her ears. “Your suit has a medical diagnostic suite in the right arm Serena. Activate it with the HUD and have Jarvis connect the telemetry to my suit,” Isabella said. As Serena did she saw what Serena saw. “Get him on his side and clear out his airway then begin CPR Serena,” She said. Tony arrived first but he caught sight of this Goblin character and went after him.

“I’m on him,” Tony said

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 pm

When Serena realized that Peter wasn't breathing she felt her heart nearly stop in her chest. She began to panic and her mind went blank. Thankfully, she suddenly heard her mother's voice in her ears. She did as her mother instructed and activated the medical diagnostic suite and then held up her right arm and saw a beam of light pass over Peter's entire body. She had Jarvis connect the telemetry to her mother's suit. She moved Peter up onto his side and began to work on clearing out his airway. She then began to do CPR. At first, it appeared it wasn't working and tears began to stream down Serena's cheeks when she thought she might lose him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm

“Don’t stop Serena, keep going,” Isabella said. She landed a few feet away and had her diagnostic tool up and running on her arm. “I’m going to give him some meds Serena, don’t stop,” She said and knelt down next to Peter. He looked pretty banged up and there were several holes and tears in his suit. The meds were injected and Isabella leaned back to look at her telemetry. She knew probably before Serena knew and as Serena pressed on his chest Peter began to writhe and cough. As he did he jerked to the side and vomited alot of water out of his lungs. He coughed several times more than he just laid there on his side looking up at her. He was cold and soaked through but he was alive. Peter was alive because Pharaoh told her she had to be there. Peter slipped back into unconsciousness though but at least he was breathing on his own now.

Isabella watched as Serena held Peter in her arms and she retracted her facemask and lowered her arms to her knees. Tony landed just behind them and retracked his mask as he walked up. “Well, the green guy took off and it appears there is much to talk about Serena,” He said as he saw her holding Peter.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 pm

The relief Serena felt when she saw Peter move and cough up the water from his lungs was so overwhelming that she felt more tears began to roll down her cheeks. He was breathing, and though he was banged up, he was alive and that was all that mattered to her. Serena held onto Peter and looked over at her parents as her father arrived. She sighed when she heard her father's comment. "Can we at least get him back to the Tower?"

An hour later they were back at the Tower and Peter was in a guest room. His wet suit had been removed by her father and he had been put into some dry clothes. The guestroom door was open partially, but they had left the lights off in the room. Serena had changed into a pair of black leggings and an oversized MIT sweatshirt. Her mother had made some tea and they all were in the kitchen.

"It happened Freshman year during our first day at Osborn Corp. We were working with irradiated spiders and Peter believes he was bitten by one. His body changed overnight. He suddenly had perfect vision and insane reflexes and muscles that looked as if he had been training for years. He's been trying to do good for the city. I couldn't tell you because he made me swear I wouldn't."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:36 am

Isabella took a sip of the tea and held it in her hands. She closed her eyes as she thought about what she was going to say. She was very angry with her daughter but also very proud of her to. Tony had designed and built her suit for later and everything was just happening to fast for her liking. She didn’t want Serena to grow up. She was her only child and she would never have another.

Tony opted for something stronger. A bourbon whiskey. He took a sip and savored the notes of vanilla, maple and mocha. He leaned back against the counter as the two women, yes he had to admit now that Serena was a woman, A woman who was concerned for her man! Sat at the small breakfast nook attached to the kitchen.

“Why was this your responsibility Serena?” Tony said plainly. Obviously they knew there was alot that she left out. Isabella saw how Serena fretted over...Peter. A woman didn’t act like that unless she had feelings for him. Well, she might as well find out now. “Do you love him?” Isabella asked softly. Upon hearing that Tony winced and took another sip of his drink.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 am

Serena kept glancing over in the direction of the room where Peter was. She knew he was alright, but she was still worried about him. She didn't know how he was going to react when he found out that she had told her parents his secret. But what choice did she have? She wasn't about to let him die and her parents had helped her save his life.

She looked at her father slightly when he asked her why saving Peter had been her responsibility. She thought about Pharaoh and knew that her mother already didn't like him. However, her parents were both very smart people. They would figure it out one way or another. "Because Pharaoh told me that I needed to be the one to save him. Apparently Peter and I share a strong connection and through my emotions for Peter he was able to see what was happening. Ultimately, Pharaoh is the reason Peter is alive right now."

She looked over at her mother then when her mother asked her if she loved Peter. She was quiet a moment before nodding. "Yes, I do and he loves me. Peter and I have shared a special relationship since Freshman year. We have both always known that we were going to end up together so we decided to remain friends for now and date other people. I know it sounds strange, but it has worked for us. We wanted high school to be fun and to focus on our studies, but I think things are starting to change."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:52 am

Tony came to sit kiddy corner from them on the end of the small nook on a stool. He was on her left while her mother was pivoted toward her on her right. She put a hand on her forearm. “Serena, you are all that we have. It has taken alot for us to keep our family together. Sacrifices…” She began but then stopped what she was going to say. “You give us no reason to doubt you. We trust you and your judgement but looking at this with our eyes...we would not have picked this life for you. You ‘are’ a Stark but you don’t have to live up to anything or ‘be’ what we have chosen for ourselves. You can go and do whatever your heart desires. I know you love...Peter now but a year after you go to MIT? 2? 3? In that time you both will change so much. You both will grow into different people. And those people may not feel the same way about one another as now,” Isabella said.

“You might not be there for him the next time Serena. Not because you wouldn’t want to but because you’re living your own life. This life obligates you and changes you. When I think of you...of my daughter shackled down like that...you should be free Serena. Free to enjoy your life. That was always what I wanted for you. But I also know you’re alot like me and I can’t say I am unhappy about that. I know what I said before but you know why now don’t you?” Tony said. The man she loved almost died. If he had it would have crushed her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Serena listened to both of her parents and was quiet for a while after they finished speaking. She considered what they both said, but also took a moment to look deep into her heart to figure out what she truly wanted.

“I know that you both would not have picked this life for me, and it had its moments where I hate it, but at the same time I would not have chosen any other life other than this one. I see the good you both do and I want to contribute to that. I understand the risks that are involved but I don’t see myself in an ordinary job, not after living this life for this long. It would be too boring for me,” she said with a small smile before growing serious again.

“As for my relationship with Peter, there is always some chance that things might change, but I sincerely doubt it. I don’t expect you both to understand. Peter and I do though and that’s all that matters.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 pm

“Well Working without a team doesn’t appear to agree with him,” Tony said. “But we can hardly take on a student,” Isabella said. “And that’s what we are really talking about. You both are students,...in high school,” Isabella said though she was onto stating the obvious.

“And he’s the one?” Tony asked finally and he looked over at her. Isabella stopped talking as well and looked over at Serena to.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Serena looked at her parents. “Peter has actually been doing quite well up until now. Although, admittedly he’s only been taking on small criminals around the city and not fighting green goblin villains. Maybe you both could just give him some advice. He lost his parents when he was younger and then lost his uncle. He could use a male figure in his life to talk to.”

She was quiet a moment when her parents her if Peter was “the one.” She nodded a little and then smiled happily. “Yes, he is.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Tony sighed and took a long swallow of his drink. “I’ll talk to him,” he said as if he were being forced to. He would do it for Serena, not for Peter. He didn’t even know the boy.

Isabella smiled at Serena. Happy that her daughter was in love. She had heard of high schoolers staying together to be married and such but it was rare. However Serena almost had her convinced that it wasn’t something less than love between them. It bothered her that Peter had no family. Yet he risked his life and fought for those who can’t. A noble young man. Doing something good. How could she besmirch Serena for that?

“Go ahead Serena, see to Peter, we’ll be here if you need anything,” she said finally and squeezed Serena’s wrist.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Serena was glad that her father was going to talk to Peter. She just hoped he wouldn’t embarrass him...or her for that matter. Peter seemed to look up to her parents so she hoped he would continue to do so after finally meeting them.

Serena smiled at her mother and got up. She walked down to the guest room where Peter was resting and walked in. She left the door half open and sat down on the edge of the bed. She reached out and gently brushed back Peter’s hair from his forehead.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum