The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Edge

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

On the Edge - Page 2 Empty Re: On the Edge

Post by Conleth Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 pm

Havan was for a loss for words again and did not know how to respond to that. “I...uh, I wanted to get you a peace offering...It’s not much, trinket...Well, its actually useful...I mean, Gah! I don’t know what I mean,” he said and brought his hand forward. “I noticed the crook of her thumb and finger was scabbed over and...well,” he said and proffered it to her. He blushed profusely at offering her the gift. How could he know that because it was from him that she would cherish it always?

“Is there...do you,” He began looking around them cautiously as several sets of eyes began to pay attention to them. They knew who Kressara was, everyone did and they began to step closer and act like they weren’t listening to their conversation. “Could se go somewhere? You could come to my home,” he began and then his eyes grew large realizing how wrong that sounded. “I mean...I just wanted to talk to you is all...where others are not ‘Listening’!” he said loudly at a woman who had her back to Kressara but had stepped back so she was right behind her. Havan took hold of her hand and stepped away from the stall out into the market.

People were everywhere, shoppers and hawkers crying out their wares. Children weaved in and out of the throng of bodies all around them coming and going. Women in dresses with baskets, men in coats, cloaks and commoners clothes with satchels, boxes and parcels on their way to make a delivery.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Kressara couldn't help but smile as Havan stumbled over his words. She had never heard him get so tongue tied before and it made her like him even more. She gently accepted the fletching guard and she was beginning to look at it more closely when he suddenly asked her if they could go somewhere more private. When he went on to suggest his home she looked at him in surprise, but before she could say anything he quickly corrected himself and she couldn't help but laugh a little out of relief that all he was suggesting was talking. She had been paying close attention to Havan, but at the same time she had subconsciously been keeping aware of their surroundings and knew that they were being listened to. She allowed him to take her hand and lead her through the market. She held her gift close to her so she wouldn't lose it. Havan's hand felt secure around her own and she slowly laced her fingers through his.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm

They had exited the square, it had been a fairly long walk, weaving in and out of people’s way and they out of theirs. They headed up past the 4th guard post and up to where a large, round fountain that resembled a steepled shrine of sorts flung water up into the air. It was remarkably devoid of people and he moved up and around to the backside that faced the rockwall. It was quite a private little spot, one that Kressara had passed a thousand times and never knew this all was back behind that fountain. “I come here to think or just be alone...sometimes,” he said and sat down on a small outcropping in the rockface. He smiled at her and watched her look around and discover how truly secluded it was. The small space between the rock and the fountain was always there and it just took a bit of a squeeze to get through. It was like a small room back there though without a ceiling and the fountain masked their voices.

“It really is important for you to learn the sword, isn’t it?” He asked. “Why?” He added, genuinely curious.

One knee was raised and his boot rested comfortably on a lower outcropping form where he sat. If she wanted to sit he’d either have to move or she’d have to sit on his lap but he didn’t seem to realize that at the moment. He was watching her. He had never known a woman to be so driven as Kressara. And he had to admit, it was a huge turn on for him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 pm

Neither of them spoke as they weaved their way through the throngs of people. Finally, they made their way out of the market and she continued to hold Havan's hand as he led her up past the 4th guard post. She was about to ask where they were going when she suddenly spotted a large, round fountain. The entire area was free of any other people and she found herself entirely alone with Havan for the first time. She trusted him completely and felt as safe with him as she did her own family. Kressara marveled at the private space and she playfully stuck her hand out and water from the fountain splashed onto it. She smiled and looked over at Havan who had moved to sit behind the fountain. She followed him back there, but stood for the moment as she considered his question.

"Yes, it is. It's difficult to explain why. I just feel as if it is who I am...who I'm meant to be. I...I've had these visions for several years now. War is coming and I am to be apart of it. At first I thought they were just dreams, but then my mother told me that she started having those same dreams the night after I was born. I don't know what I'm supposed to do exactly, but I feel drawn to the sword in a way I cannot explain."

She paused and blushed, realizing how she must sound. "I know this all sounds crazy..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Havan had been listening closely to her and watching her expressions. He knew conviction and purpose when he saw it and Kressara was someone who meant what she said. “No...I don’t think its crazy. To know what you are supposed to do is quite a gift. For myself, I try to do the best that I can every day. Some days it doesn’t amount to much but others, well,” he said and stood. She was so beautiful and he stepped up to her and took her face into his hands. Normally, his hands would tremble but they didn’t right then. And he leaned forward and kissed her. A soft, warm kiss. Not too much pressure and yet just enough to feel her kissing him back. Eventually their lips parted and he looked down at her and smiled.

“Well, something truly wonderful happens,” he finished and smiled again at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:47 am

OOC-New thread

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content