The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On To The White City

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On To The White City Empty On To The White City

Post by Conleth Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Elessar was truly relieved to see her and he caught a glimpse of Kressara who peeked around the bedroom doorway then winced when she caught his eyes and she slid back out of sight. Elessar looked at Nauriel again and his eyes had a very displeased edge to them.

“Do you have any idea, what hell I’ve been through?” He asked bluntly and in truth he did look weather worn. He didn’t smell too great either. “You left the palace and our people...Now is NOT the time for you to do this. I know you are close to your parents but your responsibilities go beyond them!” He snapped. He so much wanted to embrace and kiss her. And it didn’t matter who all were watching. But he was too angry right then. Too angry and too tired and sore from the long days of riding. He had all but killed his horse. He hoped the experienced handlers could helm him.

Last edited by Conleth on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

On To The White City Empty Re: On To The White City

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Nauriel knew that her husband would expect a fight from her. Nauriel had never been afraid to speak her mind to him and was a strong, independent woman. She wanted to argue and tell him what hell she had been through. To explain in detail all the images that would now be forever burned into her mind...him engaging in sexual activity with their general's two daughters...her being forced to kill her own children. Watching her mother try to remain strong while believing her husband was going to die...watching her father fight for his life. She wanted to tell him these things...yell these things at him, but instead the fight and sparkle faded from her eyes. She was tired...exhausted, both physically and mentally. She lowered her gaze and was quiet a long moment before finally speaking.

"I'm sorry."

She then walked past him and down the stairs. She grabbed the bow and quiver Kressara had been using earlier and walked out the back door and towards the archery range. It was dark, but she didn't care. Her eyesight was quite enhanced by her half elven side. She pulled out an arrow, aimed and fired within a split second. She then fired again and again and again until her quiver was empty. She then walked over and pulled every arrow out of the target and started again.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Elessar wasn’t having it, he followed her down but waited until she had fired all of her arrows. She had gone out of the other exit so they didn’t walk past all those people again. His guard was always nearby however, watching and ready for anything. When she came back up after gathering the arrows in the targets he put himself in her path. “You’re sorry? You left without a guard and let our daughter do the same?” When she tried to walk past him he grabbed hold of her arm.

It was then that he noticed how weary she looked but he didn’t come all this way for her to ignore him. “And what was all of that in the bond? I felt pain and fear and hatred...jealousy and shame...what the hell has happened!?” He asked harshly. His tiredness had exhausted his patience and even now he felt her holding back. He looked around at his guards.

“Leave us!” he commanded and then turned back toward her. His guards dispersed to a further distance but still kept an eye on them. His face was close to hers so they could speak in low tones to one another. “What is happening here wife? What was so urgent that I had to leave our forces to come for you?” he asked. "Is the danger, over?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Nauriel was now growing angry and upset. She just wanted to be left alone, but Elessar refused. She felt him grab hold of her arm when she tried to walk past him and he would feel her irritation grow. She both loved and hated the bond between them. The bond strengthened their love, but at the same time it allowed very little in the way of privacy for her feelings. She didn't want to talk about what she had experienced, but it was clear he wasn't going to let her go until she did.

"My father was dying," she finally snapped. "I thought when I got here that he would be dead in a matter of minutes. He was under a spell put on him by a vengeful, jealous woman from my parent's past who was killing him and my mother was experiencing every moment of it physically. He was trapped in a dream of his own making, but controlled by this woman. Ithilwen helped me to enter this world and there this woman began to mess with my mind. First, I had to witness you, the man I love and the only man I will ever love, having sex with our general's two daughters and then if that wasn't enough she turns our children against me. I was forced to kill them one by one. Everything was so realistic that I can still hear their dying gasps in my head." She looked away as tears came to her eyes. "The woman was finally defeated, but the damage done to my father was great. We thought tonight he would die before us, but the evil was finally vanquished from his body."

She yanked her arm out of his grasp and looked at him slightly. "I'm sorry if you don't believe my responsibilities lie here as well, but I do."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:29 am

Inside the manor it was unclear to everyone what was happening though the women likely knew with their enhanced hearing. Eomer, Beren and Conleth began speaking though it was obvious Conleth was exhausted. He waved Serethiel off though when she gave him a hard look.

“Very well Nauriel,” Elessar said in retreat. There was nothing else he could do. Everyone expect him to be understanding and loving...Those emotions were impossible right then. What he had witnessed out on the front burned into his belly like a lump of acid that refused to move.

“We leave in the morning at first light...You and Kressara will be in that van with me,” he said and when she looked up he gave her a level look. “And I’ll not hear anymore about it,” he said then sighed and he rubbed at his temple. He knew something odd had happened with her, Nauriel never felt shame, for anything. But combined with everything she had just said. He couldn’t imagine having to kill their own children….or it feel so real as she described.

“I intend to get what sleep I can before tomorrow,” he said wearily and flexed his hand that had gone sore from holding his reins for so long. “Should i expect you to join me?” he asked in a softer tone. There was no more anger in his eyes just fatigue now.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 am

Nauriel knew that morning was only a few hours away. If she was leaving at that time then there was much for her to do. She was quiet a moment before looking at him. "I will join you if I can," she finally said just as wearily. "But I must go help my mother now. I've been staying in the guest house. Here's the key." She placed it in his hand. She then turned and walked back into the manor. Elessar would be able to sense the constant swirling of emotions within her. What had happened to her in that world was not something she would easily get over...if at all. It would likely haunt her for the remainder of her life, but she did not regret doing it.

She walked back up to the bedroom and walked inside. She saw everyone turn to look at her and knew they had probably heard a majority of what had passed between them. "He is very tired and has gone to get some sleep. You all will be able to see him in the morning...before we leave."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Though Serethiel was exhausted she felt a series of odd emotions in Conleth as he looked at Nauriel and then Kressara. With the blanket on his shoulders he looked so frail and yet the confidence, the determination in the bond made her wonder what the man could be thinking.

Beren had been watchful and alert through all of this. Several times he and Nauriel had looked at one another in a way that made her think they were speaking to one another in their minds. What was happening? She wondered but didn’t speak her concerns and let her curiosity dissipate.

For Eomer and Lindariel’s part they politely made their way out to go to their rooms downstairs.

“Nauriel...he has said you will leave soon?” Conleth asked and cleared his throat of the remnants of the disease that was dying in his system. “At first light?” He added and looked at Beren again who was looking at Ithilwen. Ithilwen had a slight smile on her face and her eyes twinkled with a curious light though her gaze did shift briefly to Conleth then back up to her husband. Nothing...almost nothing ever phased that woman Serethiel thought jealously and looked over at Nauriel.

Outside the crowd had been dispersing now that they learned that Conleth was going to be alright. They spoke in low murmurs as they departed and started back down the hill toward town. There were a few hours left for sleep for tomorrow brought work regardless if they did it sleeping on their feet or not.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Nauriel felt her father’s eyes upon her and when she looked at him she found him watching her intently. He was once again the father she knew and loved and any sign of the dark disease that had infested his body was gone. As he spoke she glanced at Bergen, but found him looking at Ithilwen. Nauriel knew at a mere glance at her sister-in-law that she knew something that she wasn’t saying. She glanced over at Kressara before looking back at her father to answer his question.

“Yes, he, Kressara, and myself are to leave at first light.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Tears suddenly rose in Kressara’s eyes and she took a step forward, her face a mask of disbelief and confusion. “Mother! I can’t go, please mother!” She said desperately and nearly began to cry. Conleth said nothing but he shared a long look with Serethiel and Serethiel now knew what Conleth was thinking. That thought made her own eyes fill up with tears but she had seen that look before.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Nauriel sighed and looked at her daughter. What was she supposed to do? She could not leave Kressara here, but she also knew of Kressara’s future. Without the help of her at parents she wasn’t sure what would happen to her.

She looked at Kressara again before looking at her parents.

“Come with us to Minas Tirith. Kressara needs you both. Please just do this for her.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm

“Nauriel!” Serethiel said. “How can you ask this of him now!?” She said. She had just got him back and she was loathe to have demands put upon him so soon. They owed Nauriel but this was hardly fair.

Kressara looked down ashamedly and conflict covered her face. Had she been wrong? Had her visions misled her?

Serethiel stood. “I won’t have it! He needs rest and lots of it!” she said worriedly. This was beyond wrong in her eyes for Nauriel to ask this. “Wife…” Conleth said wearily. “No husband, I won’t have it!” She said again and looked angrily at Nauriel.

Conleth looked over at Beren who had been looking at him the whole time. “Beren, assemble the Elders, tell them I will address them,” he said. “Tonight?” Beren asked. “Yes...tonight!” he said annoyedly. “Yes father,” Beren said quickly and then looked at Nauriel. His expression was neutral but a hot displeasure emanated from him and he paused to put his hand on Serethiel’s shoulder before he departed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 pm

A deep wave of guilt swept through Nauriel’s heart as her mother voiced her displeasure at her request. Nauriel was exhausted and on the verge of tears, though she held them back. Everything that had happened with her father had caused her to not think to much about Kressara’s future. However, now it was at the forefront of her mind and the thought of letting her go was terrifying to her. She now began to understand how her parents must have felt when she left with Elessar all those years ago.

Slowly, Nauriel walked over to where her father sat in his chair. She knelt down and took his hand into her own.

“I love you Ada.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 am

Conleth sat in the chair as Nauriel knelt before him. What he had learned about her, about her and Beren had confused and outraged him. He might not ever come to understand that but his children were survivors and if they needed that companionship and it brought them to where they were now? Who was he to challenge them on that. And in any case, it was ancient history. Things change, people change and he knew he needed to change with them. Or die lonely and alone when it did not have to be so.

And so Conleth ‘let go’ of his outrage and gripped Nauriel’s hand. “It is clear to me now that we’ve neglected you daughter,” Conleth said as tears filled his eyes. “You are our child and it’s high time we get to know her again,” he said. “We are so proud of you Nauriel,” he said as tears rolled down his cheeks. “You’ve done well...you’ve done, so well,” He said as his lips quivered with the effort of holding back a sob. “Now...help me up!” he said as he wiped his face with his sleeve.

On his feet he looked to Serethiel. “Summon the servants and horse handlers. We will leave tomorrow for Minas Tirith and it is very likely we will not return,” he said with a renewed strength and vigor. Serethiel was crying, she had loved this house. Conleth had built it for her, and her living space in the trees. But he was her husband and where he went, she went. She did not know her granddaughters and grandson as well as she would have liked to. And now that would change. “As you wish my lord,” She said and curtsied to him then hurried out of the room to roust everyone.

Last edited by Conleth on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:45 am

Nauriel believed that this change would be good for her father and mother. They were both exhausted and the work in the village was never ending. They both deserved time to relax without worry and spend time with their grandchildren. Beren and Ithilwen were more than capable of running the village. The people of Gehenna would be in good hands with them as their Lord and Lady. They would have their own apartments in the palace and Nauriel would ensure that they would want for nothing. She had missed out on being able to spend time with them over her life. The first part of her life had been spent in Lothlorien with only short visits from them yearly. Then, only a few years after returning to Gehenna she had left with Elessar to help fight in the war. Decades had passed and once the war was over she had become Queen of Gondor. Her responsibilities there were great and her ability to travel to Gehenna was few and far between.

For Serethiel the thought of leaving Gehenna was difficult. This village had come to be her first real home since being exiled from Rivendell and she loved the people here. She and Conleth had watched many of them from birth to death and had watched new generations take their place. The village had grown in size and reputation under their helm and Serethiel enjoyed the peacefulness of it all. However, this was only another chapter in her life with Conleth and it was time for it to end and for them to pass on the responsibilities to Beren and Ithilwen. It made her proud to think of her son and daughter-in-law as the new Lord and Lady of Gehenna.

Very quickly the servants were summoned and everyone began to pack what Serethiel and Conleth would need. Nauriel knew it would be a surprise to her husband that her parents were returning with them, but she hoped he would approve. Suddenly, she heard male voices and she glanced out the window to see Beren returning with the Elders.

"They're here Ada."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Conleth had asked Nauriel to help him get dressed. He saw how tired and weary she was and he stepped up to her, feeling his strength returning slowly. He lifted up her chin. “Go daughter, get your rest and make peace with your husband. I heard his words and that is a man whose heart is filled with exhaustion and worry like your own,” he said and pressed his hand to her breast.  

“Tonight is a thing for men alone Nauriel...take your rest...please?” he asked. When she nodded and left his side he came down the stairs and stepped out onto the deck.

All 11 Elders were there and Beren who handed Conleth the large, green tome that had been handed down to him from Harkan, the direct ancestor of the man who founded Gehanna. They all held torches aloft but none spoke save for Conleth.

“My friends, the time has come to take my leave of you. You’ve all done right by our people and your families. I ask you to continue to do so. We come a long way, you and I but I’ve neglected my duties as a father and I must do what I can with what's left of my life, to set that to rights,” he said. The torches twitched but no one said a word. The eerie silence was filled only by the sound of the torches that burned brightly in the blackness around them.

“I pass this book of the Kindred to my son, Beren who will take my place as Lord of Gehanna. Any who wish to protest this appointment, do so now,” he said but nobody budged or uttered a word.

“Then, by my right as Lord of Gehanna, I name Beren Phelan, Lord of Gehanna until the time he hands that duty to another or death takes him,” he said and they all intoned together as one, “And so it shall be.” One by one the elders departed into the darkness and started back down the hill.

‘I will miss you father,” Beren said. “I’ll miss you too son,” he said as he clasped his son’s shoulder. “I’m leaving you with enough stock to continue breeding and the manor is yours,” he said. “Thank you father,” Beren said. Conleth dwarfed him by nearly a head and pulled Beren in for an embrace. “I love ya son, take care of our people, and say goodbye to your mother” he said and kissed his cheek. Beren began to cry and as Conleth stepped back he nodded then stepped away to help with the leave-taking.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Nauriel slowly nodded and stepped out of the room. She walked downstairs and towards the guest house. She knew that there was only a few hours left until daybreak and hoped she could get a little sleep, although she doubted she would be able to. Her heart was filled with both relief and worry, but also guilt for causing worry in her husband. It was dark and quiet within the guest house as she entered and she slowly made her way back to the bedroom. She was too tired to undress so she took off her shoes before climbing into bed. Elessar's back was towards her, but she moved close to him and wrapped her arms around him. She could tell he was awake and so she quietly spoke to him after a few moments of silence.

"I never meant to cause you worry and I hate that I did so. I feel...guilty for not having been able to spend time with my parents. Beren and I were taken away from them at such a young age and then we only saw them once a year for a short time. Then, after we returned to Gehenna, I was only here for a few years before meeting you. Beren and Lindariel have both had much more time with them than I have and so whenever I am asked to come I feel that I must. My mother's letter was so urgent that I feared that my father would already be dead by the time I got here. I am not offering this as an excuse for what I did...but I hope perhaps you will at least understand."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Elessar didn’t turn over but her arms did appear to soothe him. He was so tense and stiff and on edge. He listened to her explanation. It was a small comfort but he had to admit that he did understand.

“I do understand Nauriel and I’m sorry for how I spoke to you,” He said. He hated feeling how he felt. As if the whole of middle earth were against him. The fire crackled in the large hearth near the bed. Elessar was in his small clothes and the blankets were down around his waist. He smelled faintly of lavender and mint so he must have washed before he laid down. The bed was large with furs underneath them and a sheepskin quilt on top.

He turned to face her and his nose wrinkled. “Have you bathed?” He asked tiredly and then shook his head at her. “Come, I will help you, get it if those clothes,” He said and shifted up to sit and then stood. He tossed the dirty water into the clay jar near the washstand and then set the basin back down. He moved to the hearth and with the sheepskin hot pad he lifted the kettle then poured the hot water into the basin. After he returned the kettle he opened the jar of lavender and mint and tossed a few sprigs of each into the water. The fragrant aroma filled the room almost immediately. He took a clean wash towel and doused it in the water. He took a clean floor towel and laid it near the basin where she’d come and stand. He waited until she came to him and let the cloth seep in the water.

Nauriel was a very beautiful woman in her nakedness. A bit softer now than she had been, the life of a Queen was not one of a soldier. But Elessar liked her softness and her the curves of her body. He smiled as she approached him. It had been a very long time since he had done this and she looked so very tired. Once on the towel he took up the wash towel, wring it out and then began to wash her by his own hand.

“Kressara is a remarkable young woman, if you proceed with this, are you prepared to let her go?” He asked as he wiped the dirt and grime from
Her face and neck then doused the towel again.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Nauriel felt a few tears come to her eyes when Elessar admitted that he did understand. Her purpose had never been to hurt him or cause him concern. He was her strength and her rock and she was his. Their support for one another ran very deep and it caused her pain to think she had failed in her duty as his wife. It was difficult for her to be a wife, Queen, mother, daughter, and sister. Her responsibilities in all of these parts of her life were vast and it was difficult for her to juggle them all at times. She had never confessed her feelings to Elessar, though she was certain he could sense it from her often.

Her tears faded and a small smile appeared on her face when he asked if she had washed. She had barely had time to rest since getting to Gehenna, let alone bathe and the thought of being bathed by her husband's hands was very tempting...even more so than sleep. She stood and began to remove her clothes. Nauriel's body had been through a lot over the years. She bore scars from battles and her body had suffered the effects from childbirth and rearing. However, when Elessar looked at her like he was now she forgot about all of that and suddenly felt like she was 20 years old again. She moved closer to him and stood on the towel he had laid down. The scent from the warm water was soothing and comforting and her husband's touch was soft and gentle. She closed her eyes, but listened to his question. She was quiet a long moment before slowly opening her eyes and looking at him.

"I doubt any parent is prepared to let their child go. I understand now how my parents felt when I told them I was leaving with you and might never return. My visions about Kressara's future have never shown me whether she will live or die in this fight, but I feel it strongly that she is needed. My parent's have agreed to train her. They are coming to live with us in Minas Tirith. My brother will now be lord of Gehenna. It was strange enough having my own parents swear their oaths to us, it will be even stranger watching my own twin brother do it."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Elessar did not pause or shift or look at her in any way that would make her think he knew about her and her brother. He continued to lovingly wash her, the action seeming to soothe him as much as her. Elessar had missed Nauriel. She was his center, his passion and his responsibility. Lately, he felt as if he had been failing in being more of a husband and father. He had said little about what was happening and only now did he think that had been a mistake. He used to rely on his family just as much as they relied on him.

His hands moved across her body and when she lifted her arms he moved the towel across her and scented water dripped down her stomach, her back and her hips onto the towel at her feet. It had been a very long time since he had done this but now he felt that he should do it more often. He listened intently to what she said as he washed her body.

“They can take The Northeast apartments,” Elessar said as his hand moved between her legs. “That will keep them close to us and he can train Kressara in the North Gardens courtyard,” he said as he began to dry her. When he moved up to dry her back she tilted up her face and he saw her eyes go to his lips. Elessar kissed her passionately and felt her kiss him back. When he pulled his lips from hers he felt her hands go to his underclothes and pull them down off of his body.

A considerable amount of time later they were in the furs under the sheepskin. One naked leg protruded out form the sheepskin and his arms were around her as they laid there. He kissed her neck. “Do you miss Elfwine? He could not have been happy being left behind,” he said sleepily. He snuggled his face up against the back of her neck and seemed to settle there, his body poised to relax into sleep.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Nauriel lay entwined in her husband’s arms. His arms were her favorite place to be. They brought her comfort and strength. Within them nothing seemed wrong in the world. She could lay there happily forever. Lightly her fingers caressed his arm as it cradled her against him. She smiled at his question as she thought about their adopted son.

“Of course I do. I cannot believe how big he is getting already. He adores you. I’ve often seen him try to imitate you. I am glad we were able to give him such a loving home.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 am

Elessar rubbed her thigh, it was still warm, her whole body felt warm up against his. He wondered if he’d ever feel warm again. He had been to long away from this kind of warmth. The warmth of Nauriel’s love for him.

“I’d like to begin teaching him the sword, perhaps your father would train him as well?” He asked. “Unless you think him too young?” he said and kissed the back of her neck again, her favorite place to be kissed...well, second favorite anyway.

“He undoubtedly will take little for himself so we’ll have to reward him and Serethiel generously for their service and fund their retirement,” he said. “Ariana, has she selected a date yet? Or is she content to dangle that poor man on her fingers for a while?” he asked and kissed her once more.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am

Nauriel smiled a little at her husband's request to begin teaching Elfwine the sword. That thought brought happiness into her heart. She knew that it would not only allow a stronger bond to form between himself and Elfwine, but it would also be good for Elessar. He worked far too hard and rarely took any time for himself. It would be a good change for him to be outside with their son. Perhaps it would relieve some of his stress.

"No, I don't think him too young," she replied with a slight purr as he kissed the back of her neck again. Every time he kissed her there it sent shivers down her spine. However, her eyes quickly opened at her husband's question about Ariana. She actually sat up and looked at him with surprise in her eyes. At the time of her leaving Ariana had not chosen either man. Had something happened during the time she was gone?

"Who do you speak of? Did she choose Einor or Floran?" she asked with anticipation in her voice.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 am

Elessar had blinked in surprise when she half sat up. She held the sheepskin over her nakedness demurely and he looked up at her. “Well Einor was in my van, he is here now, I thought you knew? He had...Oh, I’m so sorry, it slipped my mind completely. He commands the king’s guard now and he asked for her hand,” he said then laid back down. He tugged at the sheepskin so he could gaze upon her. He loved how she looked. It had been ‘far’ too long. “Floran is here now, in Gehanna,” he said. “He loves Ariana I think and could not bare to be there in Minas Tirith,” he said. “I wish that could have gone different,” he said honestly. He needed Floran. He touched her breast and pulled up onto his elbow to put his mouth on her. The oils in the water had made her flesh silky smooth and he loved how her body reacted to his touch. “Mmm,” he moaned as he continued.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 am

A short time later the sun was just beginning to shine its first rays of light over the horizon and Nauriel and Elessar dressed. Nauriel had gotten no sleep, but somehow she still felt refreshed. Thoughts of an engagement between Einor and Ariana were still fresh in her mind and she felt happy for her daughter. Being married not only to a man she loved, but also one of such high standing would repair her image to Gondorian society. Her daughter deserved happiness and she felt confident that Einor would be an excellent father to Meliara. However, she did also feel guilt over Floran.

"Let Floran's heart heal and then in time approach him again," she said to her husband as she re-braided her hair for travel. "I am sorry that things did not work out between he and Ariana, but I believe Ariana's heart was already set."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:00 pm

And so it was that a large procession of men, carts and horses lined up on the main thoroughfare to move out of Gehenna. Elessar, Nauriel and Kressara led the procession with Conleth and Serethiel all mounted. Guardsmen and women on their own mounts took up defensive positions around them then the wagons and the horses on leads brought up the rear. The people were singing a well known song, ‘The King and The Rose’ suitable for this particular happening.

Elessar kneed his horse into motion and they headed out of the main gates. As Conleth looked up at the turrets he had designed high above the gates. He knew in his heart that he would never see this place again. Silent tears rolled down his cheeks, he was really becoming far too sentimental in his old age. Serethiel saw him and rode her horse up and squeezed his leg. He smiled over at her, a bittersweet smile for the road he was leaving behind them and for the new one that was ahead of them. High above the walls the crimson and gold banners fluttered in the wind. The sigil of the golden wolf gleamed brightly in the early morning sunlight. Conleth was going to miss his Son Beren and the sword that he had found so long ago. He had given Beren Dagmor, the very blade that had once belonged to The Beren of legend.

Minas Tirith was yet another adventure for he and Serethiel. He could sense the tenseness in Elessar too. And the faint smell of blood and death on the wind. An omen? He couldn’t say but as the kingdoms of men implode upon one another it was not unexpected. He caught Kressara looking back at him as if she was concerned he might not be there for some reason. He smiled at that, the girl was eager. Eager was good, she’d likely lose that before the end. He sat his saddle tall and strong like he always had with Serethiel beside of him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next