The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change is in the Air

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Change is in the Air - Page 2 Empty Re: Change is in the Air

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Nauriel didn’t wish to drag this out and she wanted to leave as soon as it was possible. “It’s your grandfather Ariana, he is ill. Normally I would not worry but, my mother has asked me to come and quickly,” she explained. Her face was a pale mask of seriousness. She’d not allow fear and worry to show right then. She needed Ariana to ‘not’ worry and to continue to do the good job she had been doing.
“I’ve already spoken to your brother and Callista so confer with them if you need to. I do hope she does not have the babes before I get back but I must go,” she said and hugged Ariana to her. “If your father returns before I do tell him I will be back as soon as I can be.” she said then released her.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Ariana could see the fear in her mother's eyes. It was a very rare thing to see indeed and she knew then that this was a very serious situation. Upon hearing that her grandfather was very ill she felt as if someone had punched her in the stomach. She loved her grandfather greatly and was suddenly afraid. She didn't know what to say and so she only stood there silently as her mother hugged her. She hugged her back and as she released her she looked at her.

"Grandfather is strong. He will pull through this Mother. I will stay and do what needs to be done until Father returns."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 pm

“You are doing so well Ariana,” she said as she fought the tears that threatened to come. “We are both so proud of you,” she said and hugged her again. Together they stepped out of the study and Nauriel paused to give her granddaughter a hug and a kiss. She took one last look at Ariana and then she was gone.

Later at dinner there was now only Eldarion, Calista, Elfwine And Kressara besides herself. In honor of those that were not there, Eldarion made sure no one sat in those places and those empty places would be served as if they were there.

Eldarion was in his dark gray suit coat and Calista was in a maroon colored dress. Elfwine was between them and completely uninterested in food right then. “Elfwine, come, try the soup or have some bread darling,” Calista said urging him to try something.

“Maybe He is missing mother and father,” Eldarion suggested. “How are you doing sister? How was your first putting with Floran?” Eldarion asked. He liked Floran but Captain Einor ha come to speak to him about Ariana this morning. He decided not to tell Ariana about that to see what she’d say, if anything.

Last edited by Conleth on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Dinner that night was not the same without their parents and a heaviness filled the air. It was clear from all their eyes that they held the same worry she did. Elfwine fussed and seemed unsettled by not having his mother nearby. This was the first time she had ever left him and she knew it was probably hard for both of them. Calista was doing her best to try and feed him, but he evaded the spoonful of soup and finally Calista sighed and put the spoon back down.

Ariana wasn't very hungry, but tried to eat. She took a sip of her wine and glanced at Eldarion when he asked her about her outing with Floran that afternoon. She was completely unaware that Einor had gone to see him that morning.

"It was nice," she responded and she meant it. It had been nice, but her eyes lacked any sign of there having been a spark between them. "I learned quite a bit about him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 am

As the main course was being served Einor came into the dining room suddenly with 2 other soldiers. Normally he would have spoke to one of the servants and relayed a message but he wasn't alone. The two soldiers behind him struggled to carry her nanny Madeline who looked completely disheveled upon first glance. She was limping and looked to have a red, swollen cheek and as they came further into the room she visibly sagged and began to sob though it looked as if she had been sobbing for some time already. She would not look Ariana in the eyes if she looked at her at all. Eldarion stood immediately and a crease on his brow made his outrage plain. Einor however, they were all in their dress uniforms, looked...troubled.
“My soldiers found this woman in the hall on the floor my Prince, near the Princess Ariana’s apartments.” he said briskly before Eldarion spoke. His tone was sharp and to the point. Eldarion's eyes drew up in surprise though Calista gasped and held her napkin over her mouth in utter surprise and fear. Eldarion's eyes shifted quickly over to Ariana and back again to the soldiers.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 am

Ariana reflected back on the events of the day and wondered if she would ever feel the same for Floran as she did for Einor. Of course it was still very early in their courtship and she knew she needed to give it time. As the main course was being served she suddenly heard the dining room doors open and looked over to see Einor and two other soldiers. They had an injured woman with them and it only took Ariana a few seconds to recognize her as Madeline, Meliara’s nanny. She gasped and quickly stood and rushed over to her.

“What happened?!”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 am

In between her sobs Madeline spoke. ‘I tried mylady!’ she wailed. “I tried to fight them off!” Her voice came out in breathless croaks.
“Apparently a man had secured one of our uniforms and a lady in a fine, blue dress accosted her. The man attacked her while the woman…” he began but then licked his lips and his eyes took on a sad, consoling look. “Took Meliara,” he said finally.
“Secure the palace! And conduct a search...find them!” Eldarion barked and began to move as he tossed down his napkin. Calista took up Elfwine and hauled him into her lap. Her arms went around him protectively and she looked around the room as if she might see someone lurking even now.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 am

Ariana felt as if all the air in her lungs had been sucked out. She couldn’t breathe and she felt as if the entire room were spinning. Everyone’s voices suddenly became distant and fuzzy, as if she were under water. She felt both numb and as if someone had plunged a dagger into her heart. No! This couldn’t be happening! At any moment she was going to wake up from this nightmare. But she didn’t and very quickly the reality of the situation sank in. Her daughter had been taken. She began to sob, her body trembling with deep fear. She sank to the floor, unable to stand any longer. What was going to happen to her? What did they want with her? She leaned forward sobbing and nearly screaming with pure panic.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Eldarion was around the table and over to her in an instant. He dropped onto his knees before her and raised her up to look at him. He shook her twice, hard and had an angry look on his face.
“Ariana! You are the daughter of King Elessar Telcontar and you WILL hold yourself together!” he snapped. “We WILL find Meliara but I need you to help me!” He told her.
“Captain,” Calista said as she stood holding Elfwine and Einor snapped to attention and pivoted smartly toward her. His face was a grim mask of fear, anger, embarrassment and outrage. “Search every cupboard in the palace and have your men bring everyone they see to the great ballroom. Have a contingent there to hold them...go...go!” She commanded. Einor went and two more of the royal guard stepped into the room. “Porvren...Lothorn, I need every gate to the city on lockdown immediately!” He said briskly. Without even batting an eye then only nodded. “As you command my Prince,” they said in unison and exited the room quickly. Footsteps reverberated down the hall along with the clinking of armor as men ran in different directions.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Ariana looked at Eldarion, but her eyes would tell him that she wasn't thinking clearly or coherently. She looked pale and was physically trembling in his hands. She looked over at Einor and her eyes met his and he would be able to see how scared she was. She needed him to find her daughter...to make sure she was safe. Meliara meant everything to her. She was her only physical link to Lucas and she loved her more than life itself. She watched as Einor left and still felt like this all was just a dream. She had stopped sobbing, but was clearly in shock and unsure of what to do.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 am

ooc: New Thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content