The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Lies Beneath

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Lies Beneath - Page 2 Empty Re: What Lies Beneath

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Verya was not sure she wanted to make herself out to be something she wasn't in order to win Aedael's heart. She wanted him to, if he should fall in love with her, to love her for who she really was. But she was not the only one trying to win his heart.

"It's not that simple Suoress. Things are...complicated. There is another who has feelings for him as well. He has feelings for her, but has told me he will remain loyal to me. I know he has feelings for me as well, but I feel as if it is a battle I am losing. And if that should happen, then what? He will be bonded to me and yet in love with someone else. How can I live with that?"

She finished her wine and then poured herself another glass. Suoress would have never seen her sister in this state. Verya was always strong and confident. However, the Verya that sat before her now had large cracks in her outer hard shell, revealing her vulnerable interior. She was lonely, unhappy, and terrified of making the wrong choice and seeing more of her people die.

Verya could slowly sense her sister staring at her and knew she needed to pull herself back together. She took another sip of her wine and then put the glass down. She looked over at her sister. "I'm fine...you don't need to worry about me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:43 am

Suoress listened to her sister with interest. She didn’t seem to know how it all worked. All women faced the same hurdles when there was competition. She now knew how much they both missed their mother. Verya more than she could have used her guidance, especially when it came to the opposite sex she scoffed.

“You’re going to have to come off your high horse sister. Since when were you afraid of a little competition? If you love him do what needs to be done to secure him or you will regret it for the rest of your life,” she said and tried to recall what Galara looked like. After a moment of thought she remembered.

“Galara, the scout?” she said. When Verya nodded Suoress nodded. “Perhaps, there is more to this Aedael then I thought. She is a good soldier and fighter yes?” She asked. Very nodded again and Suoress smiled. “Well, then you might not ‘have’ to be someone you're not,” she said suggestively. “But how awful would it be to at least ‘try’ and entice him? I’ve found that to be...quite pleasurable...at times,” she said. “The male sex is not as complicated as they want us females to think. Drop your pride for a moment and give it a try Verya. Be the queen you are but remind him that you are a woman. A very beautiful woman,” she said and reached out and touched her hair.

“I used to be so jealous of you Verya, for many reasons. But I do not regret my decisions. Caldoren is a generous lover and he has given me 4 wonderful children,” she said and then her eyes slipped up to her hers and her face took on a more serious look. “Make him your mate and solve this Dark Elf crisis...end this senseless fighting and bring our people together. Not just wood elves, all elven kind,” she said vehemently.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 am

Verya looked away, but listened to her sister. She had no experience in this area. Her entire life males had been intimidated by her and since becoming Queen no males had stepped forward seeking her attention. As Queen she would always retain full control over the Wood Elf realm. Any mate would be submissive to her in this regard and no male seemed to want that. And so she had remained alone...until Aedael. She had never thought that one could fall in love so quickly and yet it had and now she wanted him...no, needed him. Having him near her made her stronger. She felt as if a piece she had not known was missing from her soul had been filled. She could not lose him. Galara had once been a very good friend of hers and Verya respected her highly as a General, but she would not back down. She would fight for him. Not just for herself, but for all of elven kind.

"Galara may be a good fighter," Verya said with a small smile, "but I've always been better."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Caldoren looked down from the terrace. It was early still, the late morning sun lingered low just above the trees. The smells of the forest were floral and if green had a scent, he knew this could be it. He stood tall next to Aedael. His hands clasped behind his back. Aedael sensed that he was unsettled despite his calm demeanor.

Aedael looked down too, the greenfall, it was called. The trees were so tall yet all you could see when you looked down was a vast green amongst the silvery trees that seemed to glitter in the sunlight by the pale hue of the bark.

“I need your help Aedael. I need whatever it is inside your mind that protects you from influence. What Suoress didn’t say was just as important as what she did. I saw it happening and could do nothing to stop it. It was like some voice was inside my head, forcing me to just stand there while I watched Suoress fight for her life,” he said and this was the first time he seemed to look upset. His face was a grim mask as he turned to look at the elf. “Whatever it is I need it! I need to fight it Aedael. It was a dark elf...a woman that spoke in my head. She ordered me to watch and I did,” he said obviously troubled by what happened.

“I can help you Caldoren. But thought shields are not to be taken lightly. It is an enchantment of a sort and unless another High Elf removes it it will never leave you,” he warned. “But it can help you strengthen your resolution against further manipulation. But there are...side effects,” Aedael said. “I don’t care….do it,” he said and Aedael nodded. “Then let's begin,” he said

---------------

Suoress smiled as she swirled her wine in her glass. “Now that is exactly what I was hoping to hear,” Suoress said. The children returned and she stood as she took up her youngest into her arms. “We will retire if it please you,” Suoress said to her sister and curtsied along with her daughter. Her sons bowed as Caldoren and Aedael came in. As his family came toward him he bowed as well and they stepped away out into the hall toward their apartments. Aedael shifted position with the guard and moved by Verya. He nodded a bow to her and sensed a great deal of curiosity through the bond.

“That was a long time ago my queen,” he said respectfully but there was obviously alot more to that story.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Verya felt some relief in her heart now that she knew she was going to fight for Aedael. She felt more like the warrior she had once been. She felt a surge of energy flow through her. She cared for her friend, but she wasn't going to let Galara stand between her and Aedael. He would be hers, one way or another.

She continued to sip wine and talk with her sister until Caldoren and Aedael returned. She watched as Suoress and her family stepped away towards their apartments. As Aedael stepped up beside her she glanced over at him slightly, her curiosity evident through the bond. She nodded slightly to his response and looked at him. "He thinks highly of you, that is quite clear and my brother-in-law does not think highly of just anyone. Whatever happened impressed him."

They had reached her apartments and she dismissed the other guards. She looked at Aedael and glanced around before gently pulling him to her and kissing him. She slowly pulled back and a sly smile appeared on her lips. "Meet me outside in an hour. Bring your sword and wear something...more suitable for fighting in." Without another word she disappeared into her royal apartments.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 am

OOC-New thread. Just used the last post here to begin it.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2