The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

2 posters

Go down

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back Empty One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:24 am

She smelled rosemary and herbs and felt the warm dampness of steam under her nose when she opened her eyes. She was in a bed, her bed and Nathan was waving a cup of tea under her nose. He gently slid a few strands of hair away from her face. “There she is,” he said in a soft tone. She was sitting up and pillows were stacked behind her. “People said you collapsed in the hallway, are you...feeling alright Sabella?” he asked. No one else was in the room and it was quiet.There were blankets over her to just below her breasts and she was in the same clothes she had been in. The sun was still shining and by how the sun came into the windows it wasn’t noon yet.

Nathan had responded to shouts that something was wrong with Sabella. He summoned Rose as he ran up the stairs. Rory and Irene had seen her just collapse and he wasn’t able to rouse her and for a moment Nathan was very afraid. She wouldn’t know that now though but he was tending her and being quite gentle about it.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back Empty Re: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 am

Sabella slowly started to become aware of her surroundings. She could smell rosemary and felt the dampness from steam under her nose. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open and she found herself looking up at Nathan's concerned face. She glanced around and could see she was back in their room. It took her a moment but she slowly began to remember the events that led up to her blacking out. She felt slightly sick to her stomach and her head ached. She looked at Nathan for a moment before looking away from him.

"I talked to Father..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:26 pm

He paused in giving her more tea and indeed his eyes took on a genuine look of surprise. For a moment and then it all seemed to make sense in the way he looked at her. “Well, does it even matter? We either scatter into the wind like quail or stay and fight but that doesn’t mean we need to continue to be manipulated though,” he said in an awkward ramble. He was attempting to try and make her feel better and feeling as if he were failing by his expression.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Sabella looked at Nathan, her face still looking somewhat pale. "Nathan...he told me that I either need to kill him or let you die. How am I supposed to handle that?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:59 pm

He didn't want to say anything, not so soon after her episode or whatever it was but he felt he should. He was never afraid to speak his mind nor did he keep things from her...most of the time. "Well, I've got that covered myself," he told her and then turned to look at her. "If we fail...I won't let him be taken," he told her with eyes that exclamated the seriousness of his words.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Sabella looked at Nathan, unsure of what to say. She felt confused and lost and terribly upset. Why did things have to be so difficult? Why couldn’t this just be a nightmare that they would all wake up from? She looked at her husband with tears forming in her eyes.

“I’m scared.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Nathan was taken aback by her admission. Rarely did Sabella ever like to show weakness or insecurity. Now she said it openly to him and he leaned forward and kissed her softly but also passionately. He did love her with every bit of his heart. He knew that now and also knew he would not let her die. He would not. 

"So am I," he admitted right back. "But How is that different from any other day?" He asked. He had been scared for so long he didn't know how not to be. He fought like an animal sometimes because he didn't want to die. He gave it his all to stay alive and that's what he was going to do for her. 

"I want a son, Sabella. I want to teach him how to climb trees and skip stones and teach him how to whistle. I want him to have your eyes and your smile. Will you Sabella?" He asked softly. It was akin to what she had asked of him before and only now did he understand. Fear or not life had to go on. If they intended to live it they needed to start living it.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Now it was Sabella’s turn to be taken aback. Did she just hear Nathan right? Was he wanting them to start a family? Slowly the realization sank in that that was what he was saying and she felt her heart nearly burst with sudden happiness. A child…their child. She pulled him back down to her and she kissed him for a long moment before pulling back and looking deeply into his eyes.

“I want that too. Nothing would make me happier.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 pm

"Then no more playing it safe, do you here? He live for today and we love one another as we should. We are a pair, connected you and I and no man or woman is going to sever us," he said as he kissed her over and over and then just held her in silence for a time. She cried but he just let her cry. It sounded like she had needed it, she had played so tough these long weeks and all that emotion just came out of her and she passed right out.

"Rose and the ladies have finished the uniforms. I think its high time we all start to wear them," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Sabella was both excited and terrified at the same time. A baby...a living, breathing thing that would rely on her completely to take care of it. Did she even know how to take care of a baby? Was it right bringing a baby into this world? One could argue that no, it wasn't right. But then again, the other side could argue that the entire world was full of dangers and one could not let fear control your life. She and Nathan would start living and would live for each moment. No more petty fights. No more immature games. From this moment forward they were each completely changed.

Sabella pulled back and wiped away the tears from her eyes. She smiled a little when he mentioned that Rose and the others had finished the uniforms.

"I think we should go see them."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 am

Ben, Rory, Irene, Francis and several others were sitting together in the dining hall. They all had their uniforms on, dark, charcoal gray suit coats that buttoned along the side. there were no lapels, odd for the style of the time and the collar was high and tight around the neck which gave both versions, the male and the female, a sharp, modern look. The skirt was of the same material not near and frilly as what the women usually wore and the men's slacks were designed to be bloused into their boots. When Nathan saw them together they looked like soldiers to him, man and woman alike. Without a word he began to clap and as he did everyone else stood and joined in. He gestured to Rose who blushed but nodded a bow and smiled at the adoration.

Nathan had made a new rule that these would be worn during the day by those that were on duty. He also began to put both men and women on watch, depending on their powers and a group of 4 on alert incase someone decided to bring trouble to their doorstep. Classes continued for the younger folk that hadn't finished school but the safety of the estate came first.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:45 am

OOC-New thread?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 am

ooc-yep, any ideas?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am

OOC-Not sure exactly. We could jump to when Sabella is pregnant. Maybe could have an attack happen. Trying to think of other things that might happen, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 am

ooc-its also a large world. We could introduce a couple on the run too who may have heard of the school by word of mouth. They could have a child with them. One or both could have powers but im leaning toward the mother/woman who had had to become the heroine on more than one occasion to save them. You could pick her abilty and everything.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 pm

OOC-Ok, that sounds good. So it'll be a married couple and she'll have powers but he won't and they will have a child?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 pm

ooc: exactly. time for you to play the leader and heroine. he will be afraid and concerned but will love her very much. Ultimately he will sacrifice himself for her i think. for her and their daughter. she might blame herself for that too, and we could add in a bit of strain between them near the end.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 pm

OOC-Ok, I'll try and post something later. I need to think about this character a bit and get her figured out in my head first.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:26 pm

ooc-sounds good. also, perhaps we could make this a small world and have her and Nathan know one another. perhaps former lovers?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

OOC-New thread

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content