The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At First Sight

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At First Sight - Page 2 Empty Re: At First Sight

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 am

“Not to much boy!” Canlan said and excused himself to manage the boy who had been overworking the bellows just now. He smiled and nodded to Sabella and in truth he knew about her and where she had come from. His escape from her presence was both to help the boy and also because he didn’t much want to speak to her right then. It wasn’t because he didn’t like her personally, he just didn’t want to involve himself with...whatever they’re doing over at that school. Unfortunately he was hardly alone. Many people didn’t understand what was happening at the school and what people didn’t understand they tended to fear. Which was for the good as no one came to call to cause trouble.

Nathan did indeed like what he saw. Her hair, her rosy cheeks and her curves. She was quite lovely he thought. He had smudges of dirt on his forehead and cheek but all that did was make him look more rugged. Add in the few strands of hair that were out of place and he took on a more wild look, one that was altogether imposing in the dim light.

One by one Nathan picked up the tools and inspected them. They were well worn and two of them needed new springs and one would need a new handle lock and blade. They were well made, certainly not by Canlan to be sure. Nathan rubbed his chin in thought about that. Canlan didn’t much want to deal with her and she looked and smelled fresh and clean. What would she be doing here if she knew Canlan couldn’t make these? Where had she come from, who was she and more importantly, what did she want? Suspicious thoughts drove his mind into overdrive.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t get your name..Miss?” he asked and tried to keep the suspicion out of his voice.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 am

Sabella was glad when Canlan excused himself and walked away. She did care for Canlan. She knew he was suspicious of her and the school and the last thing she wanted was him asking her questions. She also wanted to have some time alone with Nathan. She looked at him again, letting her eyes ever so slightly look him over. He was certainly a man who did hard work. It showed in his face, hands, and arms. He was muscular, but not overly so and his slightly wild appearance made her heart skip a beat.

She watched as he picked up the tools and examined them. He was quiet as he looked at them, but Sabella waited patiently. She needed to gain his trust and not frighten him off. This situation needed to be handled delicately.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she said with a little smile. "My name is Sabella Hunter."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Her smile was distracting his thoughts and his head felt...odd. As if the shadows that were in contact with him wanted to tell him something. Pain, anguish, loss, the face of Myrna, her ruined corpse and the sting of the lash on his back brought him from thinking about her underneath him under the large oak he read under after work each evening. It sat in a nearby field and it was so quiet and peaceful there, he had brought a couple other women there recently and was thinking about her there too but then something tickled his thoughts and fear entered into his heart.

“I could fix them but their complicated, it might take a day to build the mold and to forge that handle lock,” he said as he fingered it though all of his attention was on her now. Every movement, every expression she made was being scrutinized by him and thoughts of grabbing her and hauling her over the counter had crossed his mind. If he bound her, would Canlan and the boy object? He’d likely need to bind them too. Damnit, slow down...think, he told himself and outwardly he smirked a very pleased smirk at her. He even looked into her eyes again with a short glance at her ample bosom just to set her at ease. He went through the exists, where the burlap was to gag them, where the rope was to tie her up with. Stop it! He thought, she is JUST a customer his mind tried to reinforce back to him that he was only jumping to conclusions. They couldn’t have found him already...he hoped.

(OOC-With her connection to him made by now, despite the difficulty, she could choose to read him a bit or not, her choice.)

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Despite his best efforts to keep his face level, she could tell there were many thoughts running through his head right now. He was suspicious of her...of that she was certain and she could tell he was on the verge of a slight panic. Did he think she was after him? She wanted to tell him that she was like him...to show him what she could do. But she needed to have his trust first. Just because they both had powers did not mean he was going to trust her. She always established trust first before revealing herself. She saw him look at her breasts and then up at her and knew, although he did find her attractive, that it was meant to put her at ease. She continued to remain relaxed.

"That will be fine. I'm in no rush. I just glad I could find someone who is able to fix them."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:58 pm

If he killed her now it would be no less than he had already done. So many died in that fire...so many. He was the father of all of that. He owned it and nothing else. That one act held his real identity to who and what he really was...a monster. He could stick her in the throat with the tool he held and then run. The thought was so vivid, even the blood that would stain her lovely dress...slowly he set it down though then shifted to clasp his hands behind his back.

Fire, the cries, the screams of children and women and men. The horses that ran with their backs on fire. He smiled as if trying to work out what it would cost and nodded. “I assume you want them back quickly? So that will factor into pushing other work aside you understand?” He asked and it was all he could do to keep from enveloping them both to hide the dark deed that bounced around his head. What's one more death? He asked but it actually came out as a murmur though he hadn’t noticed it.

“You know I won’t go quietly,” he said in a whisper as he sighed sadly and looked down at the tools. He looked almost sad that this just wasn’t about fixing them. “And I don’t care who you work for...Sloan?” He asked in a soft voice. Shadows collected around his feet and shifted up to his knees. The suspicious side of him was taking over yet he wanted to give her a chance to leave.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Sabella quickly began to realize that her tactic of gaining his trust first wasn't going to work. He was getting highly agitated and upset and she was beginning to become a little anxious. It was becoming more and more difficult for her to see him all of a sudden, but the light in the shop had not changed. What was going on? She heard his whisper and she looked at him. She knew then that she needed to abandon her original plan.

"I am not here to hurt you Nathan," she said in a whisper, while glancing at Canlan to ensure he was still far enough away that he could not hear their conversation. "I am here to help you."

She then stole a quick glance around before reaching out a hand towards one of the tools laying on the counter. The tool suddenly lifted off the table and floated back into her hand. She looked at him.

"I am like you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Without looking up at her he sighed now doubtful the name she had given him was even really hers. “No lady...you’re nuthin like me,” he said and then shadows enveloped them both…

Nimbly he hopped over the counter and struck her with the flat of his hand, hard in the back of the neck. In the shadows she could not see nor hear or smell anything but she felt the pain of his blow though and then he bound her hand and foot and gagged her.

He carried her within his shadows to her horse and then rode her horse all the way out of the village and out through the eastern fields where he dropped her off and laid her out. He had gotten his satchel from the tree but knew it was no longer safe for him here. This upset him greatly, he had only just arrived. He searched her and not gently either and found any weapons she carried but not the small vial hidden on her person. He stood over her with her knife in his hand. She was still bound but not gagged anymore. He knelt down to slap her awake and he hit her hard across the face.

“Wake up!” He barked in an angry tone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Everything suddenly happened very quickly and before Sabella knew what was happening she found herself enveloped in shadow. She could not see and before she could scream out he struck her hard across the face and darkness took her. The next thing Sabella felt was Nathan's hand across her face again. Her eyes shot open and she looked up at him. Very quickly she realized she was bound and he was holding her knife. She glanced around and could see he had taken her out of the village. She looked at him, but remained calm. With her abilities she could easily move a rock to hit him in the head.

"Please Nathan, I need you to trust me. I am a Witchborn like you. I did not come to hurt you. I came to talk to you. My name is Sabella Hunter."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 am

Nathan was considering slicing her throat and being done with all of this. With her hands tied behind her back her bosom puffed out and he looked at her in a very predatory way. “Trust you?” he said and had to chuckle. “And why do you ‘need’ me to trust you? We just met and already you need something from me? All of you people are the same,” he said as he undid his shirt. He needed to change at least that and his vest. If people spotted him they might not recognize him right away if a description was given. He unbuckled his pants and tossed the knife, point first down into the grass near his feet. It stuck deep and he went to unbuttoning his vest and then his shirt.

“What’s your real name? And who are you working for? If you tell me I might just let you go,” he said as he turned his back to her. When his shirt came off she’d see all of the scars from the whipping he had received. They whipped him over and over with the bull whip until he fell unconscious. They also used pincers and hot irons to his back too. Obviously he had been torchered. He folded his working shirt and put on a much nicer, gray shirt and darker gray vest then set the discarded clothes back into his pack.

Normally he’d think a woman in her position would begin to panic. Cry out, sob but she seemed to be of much tougher stuff. Had he saw her clearly when she lifted that tool? Sloan himself was a Witchborn, living a life of hypocrisy. He smiled a dark smile when he turned back around. “You’re too late ya know...I have nuthin left to take except for my life. And that’s not worth probably what you’ve been paid to bring me in,” He added in a very calm voice then bent down and picked up the knife. He paused to look down at her and gestured expectantly. If she were a Witchborn and had powers she could use them against him at any time. He flipped the knife in his palm to throw it at her chest if she tried. “Well...talk,” he said and his eyes took on a very dangerous glow. One that might see him taking advantage of a bound woman or doing much worse if he didn’t like what he heard.

It wasn’t that he was a cruel man, he wasn’t but he had had enough and he intended to make them all pay for what they’ve done. Herself included if he didn’t like what she said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:43 am

Even though Sabella knew she could use her powers against Nathan, when he looked at her that way and then began to undress a wave of fear swept through her. Memories of her father trying to force himself upon her that day years ago came flooding back to her and for a moment she feared Nathan might try to do the same. She was prepared to use her powers in such an event, but thankfully he was only changing. He still had her knife in his hand and she watched as he flipped it in front of her. It was clearly a warning to her not to try anything.

At first she feared that he might just try and kill her, so when he ordered her to talk she knew she only really had one chance and there was only one way that she could make him understand.

"I'm going to show you. Please...stay relaxed..."

Sabella then took a huge risk and closed her eyes. Her mind connected immediately with his and very quickly she took temporary control over his mind. Suddenly, it would seem to Nathan that he was no longer standing where he just had been, but was now inside a small, rundown house. What Sabella was actually showing him were memories, but she wanted him to fully understand and so she had completely immersed him within those memories. He would see her as a young girl after her mother had died and the way her father treated her. He would see him beat and verbally abuse her. Then he would see the night he had almost raped her. He would witness the first moment her powers revealed themselves and see the knife plunge deep into her father's back. He would see the person at the window who witnessed the event and then see Sabella running through the streets for her life. He would see how terrified she had been and how close they had come to catching her, but then he would see her run almost right into the arms of a man who then protected her from those people. Next, he would see memories of her growing up in a large estate with others like her. He would see her being taught science, math, literature, and history and being happy. He would see her working on honing her powers, but never once did she use them for ill purposes. He would see her relationship with the man who had saved her grow into a father/daughter relationship and see the bond between them develop into something quite strong. He would see her then going out and finding others like them and bringing them back to the safety of the estate. He would see Westley and how happy she had been with him until he had been killed. He would see Westley die in her arms. He would then see her talking to her 'father' about himself and would know that they did not meant to harm him. Lastly, he would see the memory of her riding to the village and then walking into the shop...

She pulled her mind from his and sat there without speaking. She had just completely opened herself up to him and had shown him things that she had not even spoken of to many others. She had made herself completely vulnerable to him in an effort to make him understand and she could only hope now that he did.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:04 am

He felt her slip into his mind but before he could do anything he suddenly felt...odd, different and his perspective had changed to that of a young girl. As he began to not only witness events but to also ‘feel’ how she had felt during them, did he start to understand. This connection she had made brought with it pain and fear and also hope and honor and courage. He didn’t like not being able to control his thoughts and feelings and when she finally released him he dropped the knife and fell to the ground and wept for a time.

It was not an easy thing to feel so small and vulnerable but he was ‘that’ little girl for a time. His body was damp with perspiration and his hands shook as his mind began to right itself after being hijacked like it just had been. “What..what did you do to me!?” He asked in a strangled voice as he wiped away the tears from his eyes for the loss of a man he had never known, until now. He believed she was no threat to him now but what she had done...invaded his mind, controlled it in this way...he didn’t like it, not one bit.

For a few moments he only just laid there trying to catch his breath as he tried to get a hold on himself. He ofcourse knew there were others like him but now he felt ashamed for how he had treated her and that only just made him more upset with himself and with her as well. Eventually he came up to sit but refused to even look at her. ‘Why couldn’t you just leave me be?” He said in a very sad voice as he looked away out at the rolling fields. "What gives you the right to mess with peoples lives...like this?" he asked as he shook his head more confused than anything else.

(OOC-I dont think she really knows why. The Oracle couldn’t tell her more)

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Sabella hated taking over other people's minds. She only did it when necessary, preferring other methods over it. However, Nathan had left her no choice. He wouldn't listen to her and had become irrational. She had needed him to believe her and it had been evident to her that nothing she might have said he would have believed. Instead, she had been forced to show him...to leave him with nothing but the purest truth. She could not create these memories...they just were. She had made herself vulnerable and had been forced to relive those memories herself.

She sat there quietly, looking away from him as he tried to regain control of himself. When he finally spoke she knew she did not have an answer to his question.

"Nothing gives us the right to do what we do," she answered honestly after a long moment. "However, our intention is always good. Father...The Oracle...he sent me to find you. He could sense your pain and anger. I don't truly know why he sent me to find you. You must return with me to gain that answer."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:06 pm

He didn't like the sound of this...this Oracle as she called him. It spoke of some ill-fated prophecy or cult. In any case he had no intention of going anywhere with this woman. He glanced at her then over at her horse. He would need it if he were to get away in with any haste. 

He considered her offer...for about 2seconds before he shook away the idea. What would he do there? Be made a prisoner and be called a guest most likely. No that dog wouldn't hunt and he turned to face her. 

“I'll need your horse,” he said as he got up and took up the knife again. “If I cut you loose I doubt you'll try to stop me yes?” He said but it wasn't really a question. He moved around behind her then went onto his knees.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:55 pm

For a moment, Sabella considered using the vial against him. However, she knew that if she did that and forced him to come with her to the estate then he would never trust her again...and that she did not want. She felt him cut the rope and she looked at him.

"I cannot let you take my horse. I need him as well. But here..." she said as she took out the pouch of coins she had on her. "...take this instead. It will be enough to get a decent horse." She became quiet again for a moment as she looked at him. "I know you are scared and feel alone. I felt that way too. But please know that you don't have to go through this alone...you don't have to be alone. I want to help you Nathan."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:42 am

Nathan didn't like her knowing what was inside his head and even less inside his heart. Indeed he was afraid. But he had been afraid so long he didn't know how to be anything different. Myrna would want him to be happy. To live a normal productive life. But they tried that and look what it brought them? Pain and death and suffering. ‘You don't have to be alone,’ and ‘I want to help you Nathan,’ echoed over and over into his head. Denying what he has only hoped for was just as much of a lie as thinking he could ‘blend in’ and find happiness. He couldn't keep the pain and hurt from his face for a woma. And child he had thought he had left behind him. Their memory and the realization of what he had done to avenge them had been poisoning his soul for too long. His eyes began to water but he held that pain inside himself. He wasn't going to cry in front of this woman no matter if she could see through him or not.

His sad face turned down into a scowl and he marched up to her and maintained his angry expression as he set the knife into the palm of her hand. “If I go I will have your word that I can leave when I wish. I will not be held as a prisoner or treated as If I owe somebody something. Is that clear?” He said not feeling sad anymore. His feelings moved back toward angry and suspicious. Toward her most of all regardless of how beautiful she was. If she were indeed a lure of some kind he would deal with that as it comes.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Sabella remained quiet as she watched Nathan. She could tell that he was hesitating and she hoped that he would re-consider her offer. She knew that forcing him to come with her would only make things worse and he would never trust her then. She didn't know if he would ever fully trust her, but right now she would take even a little. And so when he finally agreed to go with her to the estate she felt a wave of relief come over her. She didn't know what Father was going to say to him, but she wanted him to at least know that there was a place where he could come and be safe.

"Of course Nathan. You may leave whenever you wish. No one will stop you. We are all free to come and go as we please there. Some have stayed for a few months and others, like me, have stayed for years and will remain there for the rest of their lives. I just want you to know that this place exists and you are always welcome there. We need to purchase a horse for you. I can return to the village to find one for you if you like."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:12 pm

And so together they rode side by side out of the field. Galleon was about the same size as the bay mare that Sabella was able to purchase quickly and at a bargain. The horse frisked when Galleon stepped too close to it as they didn’t know one another and the bay wasn’t certain about the tall brown that stepped heavily beside it.

Nathan wasn’t certain at all about what he was doing, but Sabella had given him her word and for now that would have to do. Harming her was just something he definitely didn’t want to do. He was no real killer but he had killed by fire and indiscriminately. He thought of that night even now and he was so enraged that children were not able to escape it. That sin would haunt him for the rest of his life and indeed he dreamt about them. Their faces of horror and their screams when the flames burned their bodies. He coughed to stray him from those thoughts and he gazed over at Sabella. She seemed to ride well and her breasts bounced when the horse did and it distracted him further.

“So did this Oracle say anything else about me? Why was it so important to come after me specifically? You’ve said you normally search for people like us...but what about me...specifically, sent you to fetch me?” he asked. This point made him understandably curious and he wanted to know though he suspected that it may be that she does not know the whole why. He supposed it is enough for now to enjoy her company and not try to concern himself about such things but the question was posed and he couldn't take it back now.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 am

Sabella was glad to have found a horse so quickly and for such a bargain. The horse seemed in good shape and still fairly young, which Sabella was thankful for because she needed the horse to be able to keep up with Galleon. They rode in silence for a while. Sabella knew that Nathan still wasn't sure about everything and so she decided to let him speak when he wished. For a while he said nothing, but finally after an hour of silence he spoke. She looked over at him when he asked about the Oracle. She was quiet a moment before speaking.

"No, he really didn't say much about you...although he did warn me that it might be difficult convincing you to come with me," she said with a little smile. "Is there some reason you think he may want to see you?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 am

Nathan thought a few moments about her question than shook his head. “If I did, do you think I would have come with you?” He asked but didn’t really wait for an answer. “In any case I have something to say to his Oracle of yours. I was fine where I was until you interfered into my life. I can guess that maybe he believed a pretty face would draw me...or maybe you do?” he asked with a smirk across his lips and he didn’t look at her either. It was no secret now that he thought her attractive. If there meeting was under different circumstances he could see himself being with her but now. Now he even refused to apologize for how he had treated her. Besides, he had seen the way she looked at him too. Other women had looked at him that way and he knew that it wasn’t just his face. Something in what he could do added a kind of mysteriousness and danger to him that some women liked. Some enough to take him into their bed infact but he wasn’t sure Sabella was that sort though the thought of them together was very amusing to consider. Best to let those thoughts go lest she is listening he decided as he had to guide his horse aside a small pothole. He merged back up smoothly to come beside her and unconsciously he checked his own blades again as they were in their holsters in the forearms of his coat. Not because he thought he may yet need them but because it was more or less a habit now.

He had made them himself, double-edged perfectly balanced daggers made of a tempered steel he had only experimented with recently. He had thought to make a sword with it but now that muskets and the like were an edge up on melee weapons he saw no use for them. His usual way of dealing with threats was to surround them in darkness and ferociously kill them with his daggers. He had never left anyone alive when he attacked them like that. No one that might one day come after him or someone he cared about for revenge. He sliced across their neck or arteries if they were foolish enough to leave them exposed and then stab them in vital areas like the kidneys, thigh and neck. Being able to see, hear and smell your opponents where they could not was a distinct advantage to him and so he always carried his daggers when he wasn’t working at a forge or sleeping. Nathan was a hard man for a hard world and though at times he thought that perhaps death would be an end to it he could never just stop and let it happen. His mind pushed his body into action to defend himself and so he was now here...wherever ‘here’ was.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Sabella glanced over at Nathan slightly when he made it evident that he was attracted to her. She could not deny that he was quite attractive as well. He was mysterious, dark, and very intriguing. He had clearly been through much in his life and she wanted to know what he had been through that had made him as he was now. Her eyes studied his face slightly and met his gaze for a brief moment before she looked away. She had not found herself attracted to another man since Westley.

"Well, once we reach the estate you can speak to the Oracle and then leave and you will never have to see me again."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 pm

After her words he said no more until they finally arrived that evening at the estate. The grounds were well manicured hedges, neat rows of trees and gardens where gifted children and adults in making things grow tended them. There were several out buildings, barns and sheds but all were of the same, large brown brick as the house was. Brick was a newer, more expensive material to build with but the former owner of the house was very wealthy and had wanted it. At their approach they were met by Jarvis and Fredrik, both on their dun gray stallions that never seemed to like to stop so the men had to always pull back hard on the reins. The horses did stop and they greeted them as they always did but something was notably different to Sabella immediately about their demeanor. Surprisingly though Nathan was at his ease. He had begun to trust Sabella and decided that he’d be alright as long as he managed his temper.

“The Oracle asked that we escort you in, Sabella,” Jarvis, the smaller man said. He had a pale dust coat on and his droopy hat that covered his balding head. The other man only smiled at Sabella uneasily. Fredrik was a tall, thin man with dark brown eyes, black hair and an olive complexion. He was also from europe and spoke several languages. He had always had a thing for Sabella but he didn’t appear to be so happy right then.

As the 4 rode down the court road they turned right at the fork that brought them around to the back of the house where the stables were. The road opened up into a large cobbled courtyard with a large, white fountain at the center. It was a statue of three horses reared up onto their hind legs facing outward. Water spewed from their mouths down into the basin. Nathan was actually quite impressed by it, pressure of just the right sort would have to have been created using a complex set of piping. Before he could think on it further though more men came along with an older man that seemed to be at their center. Nathan could only guess who that was as he dismounted.

The Oracle smiled at Sabella quite pleased at her success in bringing in the man he sought. He moved immediately to give his daughter a hug and he kissed her cheek warmly as a father might. However when Nathan moved to shake the man’s hand another of his entourage moved like a cat and grabbed hold of his arm. Nathan was taken by surprise and he was about to withdrawal when the man pressed down on his arm. His eyes darkened almost immediately as he said, “This man is armed sir!” He said then pushed Nathan back a step as others moved in front of The Oracle, two of which drew swords, a third drew out a pistol and pointed it at him. Jarvis had also pulled out his pistol at his back and spoke in an authoritative tone, “You will disarm yourself sir...now!”

“Like hell!” Was Nathan’s only reply and it came out in a growl, ready to fight for his life and die if necessary as angry and outraged as he was though he hadn’t really moved yet..

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

While they rode, Sabella used her powers to contact the Oracle and tell him that Nathan was in her company and coming back willingly to the estate. The rest of the way she and Nathan rode in silence, which was fine for her. A lot had happened in a short period of time and Sabella needed some time to consider everything that had taken place. Showing Nathan her memories had brought up a lot of feelings that she had tried to cover up. The memory of her father pushing her down to the floor and ripping at her dress played out every time she closed her eyes despite her best efforts to push that memory away.

Finally, the estate came into view. Sabella breathed out a soft sigh of relief. She was glad to be home. She had been away from home for several weeks now total and she was looking forward to some rest and relaxation. She had several books that were waiting for her in her room that she was looking forward to reading and a good meal and a nice, long, hot bath were in order. Looking up, she spotted Jarvis and Fredrik coming towards them. She greeted them and then allowed them to escort Nathan and herself towards the house. She smiled when she spotted her father coming out to greet them. She dismounted her horse and hugged him warmly. She then stepped back to allow Nathan to meet the Oracle. She was pleasantly surprised to see Nathan extend his hand in greeting, but before Father could shake his hand one of the men surrounding the Oracle grabbed Nathan's arm. Very quickly the situation escalated when they realized Nathan was armed. Sabella stepped between Nathan and the others.

"He will not harm the Oracle. Allow him to keep his weapons."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm

A look of surprise and then an abashed look came over The Oracle. He didn’t think Sabella would move to defend this man so quickly. He had foreseen this playing out in his mind though he had told no one and one of the possible outcomes was that her daughter would be shot. Several weapons were drawn already. He could not allow that and so his face took on a consoling look. “I’m...sorry daughter but it must be this way,” he said as Argent removed a set of wrist irons from his belt and held them, ready to use them once they had Nathan under control. “Now step aside Sabella, please,” he asked in a firm manner. When she appeared to hesitate and look confused his tone changed. “Do it...do it now!” He barked though the look in his eyes had never changed. Even before she had time to do anything Fredrik lassoed Nathan from behind and hauled him back off of his feet with his horse1. Nathan quickly drew out a blade and sliced the rope but before he could do anything more Jarvis hit him with the butt of his pistol in the back of the neck and darkness took him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Sabella continued to stand in front of Nathan. She looked at Argent as he removed the wrist irons from his belt and then looked back over at the Oracle when he told her to move. She hesitated, knowing that if they were to shackle Nathan that he would not likely ever trust them again. The Oracle then did something he rarely ever did to her...he yelled at her, though she could tell he wasn't really angry with her. Suddenly, Fredrik lassoed Nathan and began to haul him off his feet. Sabella turned to yell at him, but before she could say anything Jarvis hit Nathan on the back of the head and Nathan collapsed to the ground.

Sabella stood there in shock. She looked over at The Oracle, unsure of what to say at first.

"Do you know what it took for me to get him to trust me enough to come here in the first place? And now this! He will never trust us again Father!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:49 pm

The Oracle did not say much as Argent began to shackle Nathan’s wrists. Nathan moaned but his senses were completely frazzled with how hard he had been hit. Her father pointed a finger at her. “My chambers,now...please,” he said but it didn’t sound like a request. He didn’t mind it when his daughter questioned his actions and his orders in private but out here in front of the men, he could not have that. Getting her behind closed doors was paramount now and he, himself turned to head back into the house. Jarvis and Argent chuckled as the irons were clasped onto his wrists securely. Ben, the largest of the 4 hauled a groaning Nathan onto his shoulder and the 4 of them moved together toward the south, cellar doors where she knew he would be interred there like he had done something wrong.

The Oracles chambers were not too gaudy or flashy. He was a man of simple tastes and didn’t like so much flare. A fire raged in the large, alabaster hearth and once Sabella was inside he closed the door behind her. He could tell she was upset but he expected that she would be. “You know Sabella, in front of the men it is important for you to obey my orders. I congratulate you on getting Nathan here but that is where you part in this ends. He is my...responsibility now,” he said as he moved to fill the teacups.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next