The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversations In The Dark

2 posters

Go down

Conversations In The Dark Empty Conversations In The Dark

Post by Conleth Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:45 am

Conleth had the nurse set his pillows so he could sit up a bit. Now that he was on the mend he was able to drink and feed himself. He still had no strength in his hands or limbs but the healers assured him and Serethiel that it would return as the bad blood was thinned out. He had been in this bed for two weeks now and he was more than unhappy about being in it any longer. He had tried to get up last night and fell. His legs folded like wooden sticks under too much weight. He was very lucky he hadn’t broken anything and the healers AND Serethiel were quite displeased at his foolishness. Consequently he didn’t try that again. He was just laying there when he heard someone set down a chair near him. He didn’t open his eyes immediately but looked over to see Nauriel there. 

“It is late, is it not daughter?” he asked. When she didn’t immediately respond he tilted his head to get a better look at her. She looked just as he had remembered her though wiser and a bit aloof as if something was on her mind. 

“Your heart is troubled daughter...speak and Inwill listen,” he said. Not that he could go anywhere anyway.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Conversations In The Dark Empty Re: Conversations In The Dark

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:30 am

Nauriel's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. She was relieved and extremely happy that her father was going to be alright, but now that her mind was free of those fears she found herself focusing once again on Arina. She normally would talk to Elessar about her feelings, but she knew how upset it would make him and so she had been holding onto them for several days now. She hadn't been able to sleep and was starting to feel both physically and emotionally exhausted again. Elessar was working late and she had put Elfwine down for the night. She then just began to wander through the halls of the palace before finding herself at the Houses of Healing. She could see her father lying there and she slowly walked over and sat down next to him. She watched as his eyes opened and she looked over at him. When he asked her what was wrong she sighed and looked down at her hands for a long moment.

"I'm worried about Arina, Ada," she said finally. "I know that she is of legal age, but she is still so young and I'm afraid for her."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 pm

"Ah," he said simply. He had heard bits and pieces about Arina from Serethiel. She was willful and deceitful and likely had gotten herself pregnant by some soldier named Lucas then eloped with him and headed West. "I remember a willful girl who did the same a long time ago...minus the part about being pregnant ofcourse," he said. "I was probably no less afraid for her neither. I believe she went out...hunting orcs and trolls or some such...I'm certain you remember her too," he said with a bit of mirth in his voice. "Arina is in a town with her husband and babe? What danger can she be in there?" he asked. In comparison to what she herself was doing it was far from dangerous what Arina was doing and he only wished to point that out.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:53 pm

ooc: I had an idea about Arina but it wasn't a very pleasant one. I had the idea that her and Lucas decide to try and do away with her opposition to taking the throne.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Nauriel knew of course that her father was right...he always was. She had done far worse and she had never really considered how her parents had felt about it besides a brief conversation with them before leaving with Elessar. She sighed and looked down again.

"I'm just afraid that I will never see her again....I miss her greatly Ada."

OOC-Yeah, I'm not so sure about that idea. I don't see her doing that.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Conleth remained silent for a couple of moments as he thought about that. It was entirely possible that Arina would not want anything to do with her family now that she had one of her own but he suspected that the novelty of the newness would wear off over time. Conleth had learned to live with very little but now he couldn't imagine living like that. It would not be easy for certain sure.

"What does your heart tell you Nauriel?" he said softly. "And the question is, would you want her to come back if she demanded your acceptance of what was?" he asked which he was certain she would if she was anywhere as stubborn as other women like his own daughter.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Nauriel sighed and considered his question carefully.

"I would," she answered finally. "I want her to be happy...just like all of my children. I just wish that things could have been handled differently. I found out about Lucas by catching him kissing Arina one night while we were on our way to Gehenna after Mother's injury. It was quite a shock."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:33 am

"Some women mature earlier than others. Certainly before men do if your mother's assessment of me is any indication. Sometimes she still thinks me not fit to be out alone," he said and chuckled and earned a twinge of pain for it. "Would Elessar?" he asked. He knew it to be a tough question but Elessar could be prickly at times.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Nauriel was quiet a moment as she thought about her husband. It was not an easy answer in her mind. Elessar loved his children very much, but what Arina had done had been like a slap in the face. They had been left trying to cover for her, but knowing that everyone suspected the truth.

"I don't know," she finally said. "He's been very hurt by this. I mean everything that he and I did during the war was to ensure the best for our children. He sacrificed so much. I think it would be very difficult for him to forgive this."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Conleth coughed and looked at her. He didn't smile though not certain if he was going to have another jolt of pain by the activity of coughing. "Bah...he'll see his grandchild and that will be that. Eldarion would have sent word of something was amiss with her I suspect so sitting here worrying about her when what you really want is to have her near you is just burn of time," he added. "You'll not change her mind now that she has a family. Even Elessar likely knows that. She might come home too if she had some kind of assurance her husband won't end up in chains...yes?" He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Nauriel grew concerned when he began to cough. She got up and got him some water.

"Lucas was never going to end up in chains," Nauriel told him as she handed him the cup. "But I doubt at this point she'll come home...at least for a while. I think all of our children have too much of us in them. They are independent and strong willed...but I don't think I would have it any other way either."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Conleth nodded in agreement. He knew Nauriel would have never allowed such a thing. Good or bad, right or wrong this man of Arina's was a father and a husband now. Elessar would have to accept that eventually. For the most part he didn't think he helped her much but it was still nice to talk to her. She was a queen now and he saw the lines of responsibility on the sides of her eyes. She reminded him so much of Serethiel but also himself in the way she asked for nothing and her acts of selflessness besides. "I think we did ok with you Nauriel," he complimented.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Nauriel looked at her father and smiled. She leaned forward and kissed his cheek affectionately.

"You did more than ok Ada. Thank you for listening to me. I think I should be able to sleep now."

She then got up and bid him goodnight before heading back to check on Elfwine before going to bed.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:38 pm

ooc: new thread...i figure this could be one of a series for the flashback

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content