The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food and Spirits

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Food and Spirits Empty Food and Spirits

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Counselor Videl sat at the misshapen wooden table with a mug of ale he’d not touch with a 10 foot pole. The bar was located on a dark street in the more shadier section of the docks. Behind him two armed guards stood in dark leathers and seemed to blend into the darkness that loomed here and there around the poorly lit room. The man that sat across from him wore dark  brown, non-descriptive leathers that came up to a hood that mostly obscured his face and head. He passed a leather money bag across the table and Videl who took and an began counting.

“It’s all there, not to worry. There will be much more if you continue to aid us, King George is very grateful for your support in this and his allies will not be left to rot like the rest of France,” the hooded man said in a very heavy English accent. Videl pocketed the pouch of Francs and put it into his breast pocket. he wasn't a stupid man, he knew well that King George himself was not involved in any of this directly. Grancs were Francs though.

“He’s appointed a new security adviser but you leave him to me. The Princess will be easy to get a hold of, she is nothing but a whore in nice dresses. Your man, he has done this before?” Videl asked as he pushed the mug away. “Aye, once the Princess sees him she will perch herself on his cock in a fortnight I can promise you that,” the man said. “She...uh, won’t be harmed will she?” Videl asked. “A ransom works best if she isn’t harmed. With her disappearance lingering over him the King will do whatever he has to for her  safe return which will leave us the opening we need. She has attendants with her but from what I hear they will not be a problem either. I’ll make sure he has papers, you just set him to arrive at the appointed time,” Videl added and the other man nodded.

“This is just the first step Videl...for you to prove where your loyalties lie...do not fuck this up,” he said darkly. Videl looked nervous and he looked around for others that might be trying to listen. “My good sir, you have my loyalty secured,” he said mockingly as he pressed his hand to his breast where the pouch of Francs was. The other man chuckled and they left the bar and went in different directions.

---------------------

In comes Lorelei, Janine and Geneva were arguing over the dress the princess would wear for tonight's state dinner. Several dignitaries were going to be attending from several different countries and Janine liked the gold one while Geneva liked the dark blue one. “It makes her look more regal...That gold piece of rubbish makes her look like a hussy!” Geneva snapped. “Give over Geneva, she likes to show off her bosom and this one will have every man looking at her which is what she wants!” Janine said though Geneva was much taller and stronger than she. They both paused at the sound of someone else coming into the room and they both looked over at Lorelei when she entered.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Food and Spirits Empty Re: Food and Spirits

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:07 am

OOC-Where are Lorelei, Janine and Geneva? At the palace?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 am

ooc-They are at the King's estates which are not far from the castle. The princess nearly has an entire floor, the top floor. Her rooms, the conservatory, the music room, her own private dining room etc. The King has no son as of yet. (I think) The girls are in her rooms. The princess is eating breakfast in bed and they are in an adjacent room arguing over what to dress her in. Add in whatever else you wish, this is completely of our making so if you want something to happen or something else to be included, please add it in and I will work with it. The more you add, the more interesting it is for me. The less, the easier it is for me to run roughshod over your characters without realizing I am doing it. So far though, you've been very gracious and not complained to much. Very Happy

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:40 am

Lorelei, otherwise known as Angelique, remained silent as Janine and Geneva argued over what dress the princess should wear that night. She had learned rather quickly that it was best to let those two argue for a while until they were tired and then she would speak up and suggest a third dress and that would be that. She had only been there a few days now, and unfortunately hadn't learned much yet that would be of importance to D'Artagnan, but she knew she needed to be patient. She walked over to the princess' dress wardrobe and began to look through the other options. She reached in and pulled out a burgundy one and hung it up.

"She'll wear the burgundy," she said with some level of authority in her voice. "It is the best color on her and shows off just enough bosom that will make her happy, but not upset the King."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:17 am

Janine’s upper lip twitched and Geneva’s gaze immediately went to the other dress that was suggested by Angelique. Geneva seemed to take Angelique adding to their number much more easily than Janine. Janine was a jealous, petty sort and Angelique’s beauty made her feel inferior. Geneva only had compliments for her when they first met. She smiled at the third choice and Janine put her hands on her hips and nearly scowled at them.

“Oh yes Angelique, I like the burgundy very much,” she said breathlessly. “You...would,” Janine said in a petulant tone. “But I suppose it’ll do,” she said belatedly as if she had been forced into the decision. Janine’s dark hair was done in curls that fluttered down the back of her light blue dress. Geneva’s hair was in a thick, single braid with yellow bows down the back of her light pink dress.

“Angelique, have you seen the Lord Ogden from Britain yet? I’ve never seen a prettier man,” Geneva told her. Lorelei had been given a list of every dignitary and their guests and this Lord was not on that list. D’artagnan asked her to inform him of anything unusual, this dinner was important to France and the King. A late attendee would most definitely qualify with that. “I have,” Janine said almost hungrily and she giggled. “He’s even more pretty than that Musketeer...what was his name?” She asked Geneva half in thought as she tried to remember. The woman smiled and nodded. “Oh, yes, his name was Armand...I wonder what happened to that one? A beautiful man,” she remarked fondly. “The princess had been after him for months when he was posted in the castle,” She said also just as fondly as she brushed off the Burgundy dress. Geneva gave Janine a wry smile. “You’re one to talk Janine. The way you used to eye him I think he was lucky you hadn’t jumped him in the halls." Janine looked as if she wanted to stick her tongue out at the woman. Thankfully she did not though as the Princess yawned as she entered the room.

Princess Louise-Marie was about 5’7” tall, pale with long, jet black hair and full almost pouting lips. She had light brown eyes and was lithe yet shapely with breasts larger than what was fair on a woman that thin. She stepped up to the washing basin as Geneva scuttled over and hastily put on one of the white aprons. She lifted the princess’s shift over her head then began to sponge her down. Janine picked up her shift and moved to organize her combs and brushes on her mirror stand. Angelique's job was to prepare the dress for wearing, pair it with the appropriate undergarments and decide upon accessories for her to wear.

“I heard you all talking...what about?” The princess asked. “Uh...oh, about that Musketeer...Armand? And this new lord from Britain...ogden?” Geneva said as if unsure. The princess smiled at mention of those names. They were both men she had not bedded but her look was confident as if she felt she would at some point in the near future. “Pa pa has said,” That is what she called the King, “That that Musketeer was married...see, I told you Janine, something was up with him!” she told them as she stifled another yawn. Geneva slathered on the herbal soap and her flesh glistened with the water and soap as she scrubbed her down.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 am

Angelique knew that Janine didn't like her. The feeling was mutual, but she knew that she needed to gain the confidence of these women so they would trust her. Geneva had been easy. She had taken to her the moment she had arrived. Janine seemed more the jealous type and didn't seem to take to Angelique's sudden presence. No one had doubted her story and the princess seemed to trust her, which was what she had wanted. She began to lay out everything else the princess would need when Geneva and Janine began to gossip. She knew that this was where she was likely to get most of her leads and information. At the mention of Lord Ogden Angelique looked over at Geneva. She had memorized the name of every dignitary that was supposed to be attending and his name was not familiar to her. She shook her head a little and remained quiet, hoping they would say more. As the women began to then talk about Musketeers she listened even more closely and at the mention of Armand's name her eyes widened a little and she had to bite her lip to keep from saying something. She couldn't exactly blame these women from being attracted to him, but hearing that the princess herself had wanted him made her stomach turn a little.

As the princess walked in Angelique curtsied and then went back to preparing her clothing while the others helped sponge her down. She glanced over as they continued to talk about Armand.

"Who is this Lord Ogden?" she asked, hoping to turn the conversation away from her husband.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:07 am

Both Geneva and the princess grinned at one another and Janine hummed softly to herself at hearing his name. The princess turned her head to talk at Angelique over her shoulder. “He is a friend and Colleague of Counselor Videl. He’s from Great Britain and to say he is...attractive is a gross understatement,” she said and her cheeks colored as if she was thinking of herself in some compromising position with him before she turned back to face Geneva. “All these dignitaries are older and fat!” She said and Janine giggled at that. “Not him though and I would like some help to get an audience with him,” she said and looked at the women in turn. What she really meant was that she wanted him alone so she could talk with him. Alone she could work her seductions upon him which she was famous for.

“Lord Ogden is the official Attache of the British Ambassador attending the dinner,” Geneva answered her more completely. “I would never have matched his name with his face by reputation alone, I’ve never heard of him...I think he only came to his station recently and he and the Ambassador are not seated together of course,” she said. The Ambassador would be at the King’s table with the other Ambassadors, and Princes and Princesses. Someone akin to the Ogden’s station would not be. “But Margaret,” Angelique knew she was the one responsible for setting the tables up. Margaret was an older woman who has been involved in organizing events like this for the King for years and is very good at it. New arrivals, there was more than one had put her in a mood and even Angelique would find it unpleasant to talk to her. “Found a place for him which is why I saw him actually,” she said with a smile as she pulled the sponge between the princess's legs. “A man does not deserve to be so beautiful,” She added spontaneously then blushed hearing her own words. ‘Well...you can do whatever you want with him after I’ve had my fill,” the princess said in a way that made Angelique think she was enjoying the sponge moving between her legs.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:40 am

Lorelei listened quietly as the princess told her what she knew about him, which wasn't much, but at least it was a start. It seemed rather strange to her that he should appear so suddenly. She wondered if D'Artagnan knew about him since he worked under Counselor Videl. She would have to ask him about this Lord Ogden.

"Is he married?" she asked as she picked out a few pieces of jewelry to go with the dress.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Geneva now done began to dry her with a soft, white towel as Janine tested the perfumes to decide which one the princess would use tonight. Suddenness meant poor planning. Poor planning meant that something was likely left unseen or unknown. Geneva powdered her all over and pricked her cheeks with tiny pins and rubbed the blood into the skin of her cheeks. More makeup would come later but the queen liked the warm, alive look the blood seemed to give her. Now at the armoire with Angelique, she helped Louise-Marie into her underclothes.

“Did you know your husband long, before his death?” She asked her. Part of her cover story was that she had been married but her husband was killed during an uprising in Southern France. The Princess’s voice was soft and interested. “What was it like, to be married?” She asked as she held her breath in for the bodice.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Angelique helped Louise-Marie into the bodice and began to tighten it up. She looked at the princess slightly when she looked over at her and asked her about her husband. Her eyes took on a sorrowful look.

"We were married for almost four years before he was killed," she replied. "Being married was wonderful. We had our differences at times, but we always found a way to meet in the middle. I miss him dearly."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 pm

The Princess listened and let her talk. It was a rare thing, usually the other two took up the quiet spaces. When she started on the dress the princess gave her a look of understanding. “I do not know what I want, to be honest Angelique,” she said softly. “I do want a husband...sometimes but I do not feel he would really see me other than a prize or an advantage to be used. I take men to my bed because I like men. I like to be loved...I guess, even if it is for just a little while,” she said making sure the other two were not close enough to hear her. “I like women to sometimes. I guess love and beauty...when I see it or feel it i want it. I do not care what Pa Pa or anyone says. They are not me but I believe you are the lucky one,” she said and pressed her palm upon Angelique's heart for just a moment then she straightened again so the dress could be drawn up.

By that touch it was clear she meant that she felt for Angeliques pain of losing someone that loved her. She was young but apparently not as stupid as she was led to believe. They weren’t friends, not yet anyway. But in time who knows?

Once the dress was donned the other two would do the hair and the makeup and use Angeliques accessory choices. If she wanted to she could excuse herself now or later if she wishes.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Angelique continued to tighten up the bodice as she listened to the princess speak. She hadn't known quite what to make of her at first, but she could actually see that she had a heart and just wanted love like anyone else. However, because she was a princess it was not likely that she would have a choice in her husband. She couldn't help but feel bad for her in that respect. She felt that a deep, passionate love was what truly held a marriage together.

"I truly hope that the man you marry will be the love of your life. There is truly nothing else like it. Lovers come and go, but true love is forever."

She helped to put on the dress and then put on the jewelry she had picked out. When she was finished she stepped back and looked at her and smiled.

"You look beautiful."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 pm

The princess listened intently but she still her emotions. It would not due for her to be sulky tonight. At Angeliques compliment she beamed. She knew how beautiful Angelique was and so such a compliment made her feel almost giddy and she smiled as the other women took over.

The estate was a massive thing. With a huge grounds. The state dinner was in the main dining room but people would be outside, it was going to be a decent day she thought. Servants were arranging tables, decorating with flowers both real and paper. White table cloths, glass, crystal and pewter glass of all different sizes along with the plates. She was bumped into more than once by a bustling man or woman as they hurried about their business. In the main dining hall is where she saw D’artagnan argueing with Margaret who was red faced and obviously angry.

“There’s no room for more security...I’ve told you that. Why you are here still bothering me about that I do not know!” She said. Margaret was a large woman with dark auburn hair. She wore a violet dress that bloomed outward. She took up alot of space and she used it to her advantage with D’artagnan who constantly had to shift to avoid being bumped.

“I’m not asking for a whole squad Margaret, just a few men yes?” He said as if that was that. “No,” She replied with a shake of her head. At Angelique's approach she gave her a reproachful scowl. “And what are YOU doing here….is the princess ready? Has something happened!?” She asked worriedly as if on the verge of panic but Angelique thought her motives were to dismiss D’artagnan by drawing herself away to someone else. D’artagnan gave Angelique a withering look but remained close by.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Lorelei left the princess with Geneva and Janine and decided to go find D'Artagnan. She figured she would find him in the dining room and so she headed that way. As she walked in she was nearly plowed into by a servant carrying a huge vase of flowers. She managed to step out of the way quickly. Her eyes scanned the room and she spotted D'Artagnan who appeared to be arguing with Margaret. She sighed a little. She did not like Margaret and Margaret didn't really care for her either. She walked over and overheard them arguing over more security. She sighed and had to stop herself from rolling her eyes when Margaret began to panic over nothing. She was always overly dramatic and it annoyed Lorelei...greatly.

"Of course nothing's happened. She's fine. She's ready and relaxing before the dinner starts. I couldn't help but overhear that you are against a few more guards. What you need to remember is that not only will the king be here, but his daughter and other important dignitaries. Should something happen to any of them due to a lack of security then that responsibility would fall on your shoulders. Would you be able to explain your reasoning to the king?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Margaret was set to fawn over Angelique, she often treated her like a child but before she could begin Angelique had made her suggestions. Margaret pursed her lips, now that a sensible woman was making a suggestion and she relented.

“Oh very well, no more than 5 and no crossbows and certainly NOT in the main dining hall!” She barked at D’artagnan. She turned back to Angelique and when she did D’artagnan smiled and winked at Angelique. A affectionate expression of thanks to her as he stepped away to talk to a man she did not know. Margaret looked her over. “Girl, you need to show them off,” she said and she adjusted her breasts by pulling down the cut and pushing up her breasts so that they were bulged a bit at the cleavage. “Yes, much better, if you wish to catch a man’s eye,” she said. “Or his cock,” she murmured as she gave the men a sidelong glance. Then she stepped away. Once she did the man D’artagnan was talking to moved with him toward Angelique.

“Angelique, this is Trevare, my second. He’s just arrived from the south now that things have calmed there. I’ve brought him up to assist us,” he said. Trevare bowed to Lorelei smartly. He was a ruggedly attractive man, tall with short, black curly hair, a tanned complexion, dark brown eyes and a slight scar on his cheek that only seemed to make him even more attractive. He was bulky in all the right places but she guessed that none of it slowed him down a whit. There was a bit of heat in his eyes toward her when her eyes met his but he drew his own down quickly before anything built up in them. D’artagnan drew her away a moment to talk to her.

“Angelique...just so you know, these men do not know you so keep to your cover with them as well. I’m bringing as many men from the south that I can because they are not taking bribes as of yet. I want you to work with Trevare, he is one of the best swordsmen I’ve ever seen and he has seen alot of fighting in the past few years. However he knows little of security, or being watchful and invisible at the same time, will you coach him?” He asked. Trevare was not looking at them right then. He was watching the servants stack the glasses on a nearby table. He wore his sword on his opposite hip as if he were left handed. Even those that are left-handed were taught to use their weapon with their right so seeing that alone was very rare. She also noticed he wore no wedding ring. He had only one ring, made of thick gold, ornately etched with a large emerald set in it.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 am

ooc: I hope its apparent what I'm trying to do. Add in intrigue, more personalities to contend with and now even a bit of 'sexual' tension into the mix.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:11 am

Angelique had to fight not to roll her eyes in front of Margaret, but couldn't help but smile when D'Artagnan gave her a little smile and a wink. As he walked off she was about to turn and leave, but Margaret caught her and began to adjust her dress, exposing more of her cleavage. She wasn't looking to sleep with any of these men and felt that this was going to draw unwanted attention, but before she could readjust her dress D'Artagnan and his companion began walking towards her. As they were introduced she smiled and offered her hand to him for him to kiss. She couldn't help but notice just how handsome he was...but with a rugged sort of edge. His hands were clearly those of a man who knew a sword and the scar on his cheek told her that he had clearly seen battle. She noticed he wore no wedding band and also that he was left handed.

As D'Artagnan drew her away to speak to her privately she glanced back over at Trevare. When he asked her if she would train him she nodded.

"Of course." She then paused and glanced around before looking back at him and lowering her voice. "Did you know about this Lord Ogden who is to be in attendance tonight? His name was not on the list, but the princess was talking about him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:57 am

D’artagnan listened to Lorelei’s news but held no expression on his face. New arrivals and unplanned attendees weren’t exactly ‘out of place’ in an event like this but he felt he should have been notified about it. Who vouched for him? How did he get an invitation? Had the Ambassador been questioned? He didn’t know and there was no time.

He lowered his head toward her but his eyes flickered to her breasts briefly before they looked further away at the room around them. Her perfume was intoxicating. He was older but he still saw a beautiful woman before him. He could ignore it most of the time, especially knowing she was married but her breasts were...more profound today he noticed.

“I have not heard of this man, changes are happening that we are not aware of. This is troubling Angelique,” he said as he fingered her chin then took hold of her arms and pulled them out as if he was complimenting her on her dress. Being seen together needed to be completely random and informal of her cover could be blown. “Try and remember to curtsy and play your part when you are addressed by one of us in the future,” he said as he smiled and tapped her nose. “Giggle, we are flirting, yes?” He whispered.

“Trevare is yours to command but something doesn't feel right to me about tonight. I can not put my finger on it….just be watchful and do your duty, that is all I can ask,” he said as he purged thoughts of her without clothes on from his mind. It wasn’t always difficult, he was an unmarried man but he redoubled his efforts. He needed to focus on what was happening. He smiled and bowed to her then departed leaving Trevare near her.

He was dressed in formal wear. A dark gray suit cut simply with only a bit of embroidering on the lapels and neck. She could tell by how his pants were that his largeness was...consistent to say the least. He still eyed the servants who worked under his stare nervously. He exhumed that kind of reaction. Men of action often did and this one looked relaxed yet she knew he wasn’t, which meant that in an instant he could charge in any direction if the need arose and she could only imagine what he had been through. Men and even women who looked complacent and completely normal one moment. Murderous and violent the next. Uprisings were often like that when an enemy could be anyone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 am

Lorelei couldn't help but notice that D'Artagnan's eyes seemed to look her over, particularly her breasts. She was used to men always looking at her, even Armand's friends. She had gotten similar looks from all of them, particularly Porthos who enjoyed flirting with her, even when Armand was around. She knew D'Artagnan would never try anything and letting them look never hurt. As he spoke he began touching her and flirting with her and she knew that it was all for show. She smiled and giggled and even made herself blush a little. She touched him a little too, but not too much. She was a 'widowed' woman after all. She nodded ever so slightly and watched as he left. She then looked back over at Trevare. She watched him a moment before slowly walking over to him.

"So Monsieur Trevare, are you from Paris?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:57 am

Trevare had been focusing on the servant and the glasses. Was he poisoning them? Who was he, someone known? He didn’t know and his knuckles flexed on the hilt of his sword. He hadn’t heard Angelique move closer and when she touched his forearm when he didn’t answer she felt how stiff he was and he flinched and turned to look at her. At first his eyes were visceral. As he might see her as an enemy but they softened quickly when he realized it was her. He stilled himself and she saw that he breathed through his nose.

“I...uh...I’m sorry my lady, I did not hear what you asked...my apologies...uh...my lady,” he said awkwardly as if he was completely out of place where he stood. Now however she could see him more clearly. The suit, his stance, everything about him was out of place here. On a battlefield though, with cannons exploding the ground near him, he in uniform charging at the enemy he might feel more at ease. He was sweating she saw. In war most men come to terms with their eventual death. Not probable, eventual which meant they considered themselves dead already. To come back from such an existence and to live as if death was something to be feared was not easy. He looked down at the floor again, embarrassed.

To her when he did that he looked like a boy maybe. Someone younger than she though if he wasn’t the same age as her he wasn’t much older. “D’artagnan tells me we are to work together. I will do what I can Angelique but I must tell you that I feel...out of place here amongst so many beautiful people,” he said as if it were a statement of fact. Angelique would be used to compliments, she was a very beautiful woman but to have someone say it like that might seem unusual to her. His sword was a heavy rapier she saw and by the feel of his forearm under her fingers, he was as solid as stone. He could wield it easily and likely a slash or thrust would have alot of force behind it if it was meant to kill and maybe otherwise as well. He looked back a moment at the servant and noticed him gone.

“This...Ogden...shall we, keep a close watch on him my lady?” he asked. How he heard them talking from where he was standing and how he had missed her question might be beyond her comprehension.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Lorelei waited for a response from Trevare, but none came. He seemed to be staring intently at the servant who was arranging the drinking glasses. She spoke his name several times before gently touching his forearm. He seemed startled and jumped in surprise. Lorelei didn't flinch nor back away. She could see how uncomfortable he was. He seemed rather tense and because of that appeared out of place. She kept herself relaxed to help him relax. She smiled and blushed a little at his compliment. He didn't seem one to give them out easily.

"Yes, we are to work together." She was surprised that he had heard D'Artagnan and herself talking about Lord Ogden, but she didn't question him about this. "Yes, I would like for you to keep an eyes on Lord Ogden. I know that you aren't comfortable here, but you will draw too much attention to yourself if you appear that way. Try to relax and just blend in. People won't notice you or remember you if don't give them a reason to."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Men and women dressed in gaudy uniforms, suits and dresses of all styles and colors ate, drank, laughed and talked at the dinner. Some stood with one another with small plates in their hands. Others only had glasses of wine. Some sat and ate as they listened to those near them while others barely ate and talked alot about their countries or their conquests, be them financial, political or sexual. Angelique quickly got the sense that few of these old, fat men had brought their wives with them. Not if their wives were about 20 years younger and wore enough perfume to make her nose want to stop up, even at this distance. From behind the curtain she looked from she could see the King’s table, the princess was there and she looked very regal and very sexy in that burgundy dress. The King spoke to the Ambassador of Prussia she had learned they were good friends. She could not find Ogden though but there were so many people and her point of view was partially obscured.

Trevare had been told that Ogden was very handsome but they really knew little about what he actually looked like, even her. Trevare looked odd all dressed in white but he managed the cool, stiffness of a servant well and thus he blended in much nicer than she could have hoped. Every so often he glanced her way in case she signalled him to come by. After over an hour, would the food courses never stop!? Finally people began to get up from their seats and mingle. It was much more difficult to keep tabs on everyone now but the evening wore on and the sooner it was over the sooner they could relax. Trevare was moving about with a tray of drinks now but he always kept a certain distance from the King. D’artagnan was concerned about him first, the princess second and when she turned back to get her eyes on the princess she noticed she had paused to begin talking with the most beautiful man she had ever seen.

It had to be Ogden and unconsciously she licked her lips that had gone dry. He had long, sandy brown hair, bright blue eyes and a well shaped, muscular form. He was tall and clean shaven. She shifted to try and make contact with Trevare and eventually he did see her and gave her a nod. However when she returned to where she had seen the princess, she and Ogden were no longer there.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Angelique kept mostly to herself, although several fat, older men tried to flirt with her. She drank some wine and would occasionally glance over at Trevare to make sure that he was alright. He seemed to relax slightly after a while, and thankfully no one really seemed to notice him. She continued to keep a look out for this Lord Ogden. From what she had heard from the princess earlier he was quite handsome. She remained patient, having a feeling that she would know him when she saw him.

After a while she moved slightly so she could see more through the curtain and into the room where the king was dining with his guests. As a few people came out she finally got a good look inside and saw the princess talking to the man who was undoubtedly Lord Ogden. Lorelei loved her husband dearly and though him incredibly handsome and attractive, but she couldn't help but feel her mouth go dry as she looked at Lord Ogden. Everything about him seemed...perfect. She finally forced herself to look away from him and over to Trevare. She gave him a little nod and he seemed to understand. However, when she looked back the princess and Lord Ogden were gone. She knew that the princess was wanting to bed him and wondered if they hadn't slipped out to go to her room. She moved out of the room and glanced down the hallway to see if she might spy them.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:16 pm

People moved about the large room, some to engage those they sought in conversation while others only wished to be seen at such a prestigious event. The king was always without company, the Ambassador from Great Britain was speaking to him now and laughing at some quip he had heard. Music played softly in the background while servants bustled to fill glasses, offer men and women plates of food and to clear away plates and glasses left unattended for too long. To have any sort of real security here was nigh impossible she might think but a challenge was what she sought and a challenge was what she had in front of her. People had forced her to move, shift and avoid them which in turn slowed her down. That and men who had approached her. Their names escaped her at the moment but when she made her excuses to them, many others watched her as well like hawks on a sparrow, they seemed to shrug and move off to find other women who found themselves without companionship.

The hall was long and there were many rooms along it. Most were opened to display the interiors which were colorful though often gaudy and spacious. Behind her people closed the gap she had made as if her movements made a vacuum and Trevare was nowhere in sight. Further down there were two rooms with their doors closed. At the first there was no noise and when she opened it she discovered it was the coat room. The second she heard moans and panting coming from it and the quick, ‘whisk-whisk’ as if clothes were moving briskly upon clothing. It was then that she heard the commotion from behind her. Something was happening in the main dining room where she had come from. There were gasps, shouts of alarm and people shifted back toward there, obviously wondering what was happening!

She could see nothing from where she was, she’d have to move back the way she came to discover what was happening. As she turned back to head in that direction she heard footsteps upon the floor behind her. She turned and two men in dark leathers with large, feathered hats and black masks hopped up from the window. One drew his sword immediately as he saw her, the other opened the door to where she heard the sounds of passion. However when he looked at her he looked...surprised as if he had not expected to see her? Something about his eyes was vaguely familiar but more shouting came from the main dining room and he only stood there as if waiting for something. Inside the room she heard exclamations of surprise and then a muffled scream and movement as if a struggle was happening.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Trying to get out of that room had been nearly impossible. There had been so many people and she had tired to move quickly, but also not draw too much attention to herself. She was nearly to the door when she spotted two men coming towards her. She recognized their faces, but their names escaped her. As they approached her she made up a quick excuse, which they did not question and they left. She could feel other male eyes on her and she quickly made her escape.

Once out into the long hall she didn't see any sign of the princess or Lord Ogden. She checked behind several doors but there was no sign of them. She also noticed that Trevare was nowhere to be seen. She finally reached the coat room and it was then that she heard the sounds of passion behind it and she knew that she had found the princess. She was trying to figure out what to do next when she suddenly heard a commotion back from the main dining hall. She started to go back that way when she spotted two men in dark leathers and masks coming in through a window. One drew his sword, but it was the second one that drew her attention. He seemed surprised to see her...and there was something almost...familiar about his eyes. She then heard shouting from the dining hall, but she then realized that the other man had made his way into the coat closet where the princess was. She had a long dagger, which she drew and she rushed into the closet to see what was happening.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum