The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends In High Places (November 2001)

2 posters

Go down

Friends In High Places (November 2001) Empty Friends In High Places (November 2001)

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Both T’Challa and Shuri knew of Loki. But they had no direct dealings with him. They also were introduced to Frank, Ava, Logan, Natalya, Steve, Kate and Bruce. Steve had coffee and tea service brought up and Logan helped set it out on the kitchen table before they came and had Natalya help him though she wasn’t that much help. They were all dressed and cleaned up and the women had put on make up do to Isabella’s insistence. Kate was in a white skirt and blouse with a thin, gold belt with matching sandals. Ava was in black smock dress with comfortable black shoes. Her long, dark hair was styled and down in a thick, wavy mass down her shoulders and back. Natalya was in a black, skin tight outfit with black, heeled pumps and her hair was in a thick, intricate braid that trailed down her back. Logan was in black dress slacks and a clean, white button down shirt. Steve and Bruce wore dark gray pants with black t-shirts with dark sport coats. Frank wore black slacks with a dark blue shirt with a gray sweet sport coat. T’Challa was all in black and he had a goatee going. Shuri was in a violet and dark blue dress with a wide, gold belt and bracers. After the initial hugs and hand shakes they all retired to the living area with their teas and coffees.

“So, I take it from the police and military presence in the city, that Loki succeeded in knocking out power in the city,” T’Challa said. “I already figured he’d use an EMP and distribute the beam using the satellites. Naturally, knocking out the satellites would stop him from being able to do any more harm...in the short term,” she said. “Where is Tony Stark? I would very much like to talk with him,” Shuri asked.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Friends In High Places (November 2001) Empty Re: Friends In High Places (November 2001)

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:55 pm

This was T'Challa and Shuri's first time at the Tower. All the other visits had been Tony and Isabella traveling to Wakanda. Wakanda was beautiful and Isabella was absolutely fascinated by it. Tony and Isabella had hosted some pretty important people in their home before: celebrities, politicians, actors, and musicians. However, they had never had royalty in their home. Even though Isabella and Tony were friends with King T'Challa, Isabella wanted to make a good first impression and so she insisted that everyone look nice...even Logan. Logan grumbled a little, but Natalya had promised Isabella that she would get him into some dress slacks and a clean, button down shirt. 

After everyone was introduced they retired to the living room with coffee and tea. Isabella looked over at Shuri when she asked about her husband. "He is recovering from his surgery. He is in our room. I can take you to him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Friends In High Places (November 2001) Empty Re: Friends In High Places (November 2001)

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:06 pm

"Perhaps, we should let Tony rest Shuri," T'Challa said. Shuri pursed her lips and looked at the floor. She was always eager and quick to speak, she did not think about the state he would be in.

"So, can you...bring us all up to date with the situation Isabella? If Loki is involved then I fear our time is short," he said. After she had gone through it all, including what Tony had done to slow Loki down, you could have heard a pin drop.

"Isabella, does Tony have a reading of the EMP signal Loki used? If Erik Selvig is involved...I might be able to protect your suits from that kind of weapon," Bruce said.

"If he is using satellites, and we destroy them, won't he have a backup plan?" Shuri asked. What they didn't know was that he did. SHIELD had secret, stealth satellites that even Tony did not know about. "Loki is a thinker so I am of the belief that he does have something up his sleeve," Steve said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Isabella did her best to relay all of the information to T'Challa and Shuri. They both listened eagerly and Isabella could see their minds working to try and come up with a solution. She looked over at Bruce when he asked about the EMP signal reading. "I think he does, but I can ask him. Perhaps you should join Shuri in talking to Tony."

Isabella sighed and looked over at Shuri when she asked if Loki would have a back up plan. "Steve is right. Loki always has a plan. However, we can't let him get away with this. This isn't just the Avengers he is messing with now. This is the entire world."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:29 pm

"I take it you have not heard from Strange or Thor?" T'Challa asked. When Isabella shook her head he nodded. "Then we will work with who we have," he added.

"Loki is wiley. His abilities involve illusion and tricks of the mind. He is strong, fast and nearly invulnerable. Even if we stop him, how do we contain him?" Steve asked. T'Challa turned to Shuri who had a pad in her hands and set it out on the coffee table. A 3 dimentional image popped up and it looked like a round prison cell of sorts.

"We use the very device he is using to power his attacks. The Tesseract was once housed in Asgard. It was guard and worshipped by humans in Tonsberg. The Red Skull retrieved it from there and tried to use it. It destroyed him and later, Tony's father, Howard Stark found it and then gave it to SHIELD for safekeeping. It is a source of tremendous power. I've designed the prototype for a force field containment system using the Tesseract as the power source. I also have a design for an Arc Reactor to power the field, but the power output would deplete the reactor after just a few minutes," Shuri explained.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Isabella listened to Shuri's idea for housing Loki using the Tesseract. It sounded nearly perfect, except for the fact that the power output would deplete the reactor very quickly. "Perhaps Tony will have an idea for how to fix that," Isabella suggested. Isabella was not a scientist herself. She had learned some from Tony, but she could not help with this. 

She took Shuri and Bruce back to their room where Tony was resting. He was awake and seemed bored so she hoped talking to Shuri and Bruce would help with that. She didn't know how they were going to get Loki into the containment system, but they would figure that out once they knew the containment system was going to work. 

Isabella walked T'Challa down to his room so he could get settled. "I hope this will be comfortable for you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:53 pm

T'Challa would always hold a special place in his heart for Isabella. She had saved his life once at great risk to herself and she had endeared herself to him. He looked around the room but he was less concerned about that, than Isabella. He saw the forlorn look in her eyes despite her best attempts to try to hide it.

"I'm certain it will be fine, Isabella," he said as he turned to face her. He put his hands on her upper arms and rubbed them. "How are you holding up? Your husband, the love of your life was nearly taken from you. The world is going dark, and an Asgardian madman wants to rule the world. That, is a tall order for anyone, let alone, a wife, a mother and an Avenger," he said as he looked at her. He shifted his hands to cup her face.

"Do not forget, that you are among friends. People who care about you and Tony. Your hurts, your worries are our worries, and I am here for you, Isabella," he said. His hands released her and he widened his arms for her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:01 pm

So much was expected of Isabella...even more so than of Tony. She had truly become the face of Stark Industries and she helped run the company. She was expected to be a gentle, but firm mother, a loving and devoted wife. She was expected to be strong as she ran the Tower and helped lead the Team. But there was only so much a woman could take. Everyone looked to her for strength and comfort, but who was truly there to be strong and comfort her? 

Isabella knew that T'Challa had feelings for her, but she also knew that he was a man of honor. She needed him right then. She needed his strength and his comfort. She needed his friendship and his wisdom. She saw his arms open and she moved into them. She felt them embrace her and she laid her head against his chest. Tears came to her eyes. "I don't know what to do T'Challa. I'm only one woman and Loki has already done so much to me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 pm

T'Challa enveloped Isabella into his arms and he held her. He had strong feelings for Isabella, but there was an important distinction, she was the wife of another friend, Tony Stark. He was there for them as they had been there for him.

"As long as there are two of us, you will never be alone," He reminded her. "Today, your home is filled with people who care about you and Tony. Lean on them as they have leaned upon you. Trust in them and in me Isabella Stark," He said as he released her. he handed her a clean, white handkerchief to dry her eyes with.

"Loki, is an arrogant fool who relies on those that he manipulates. Together we can stop him. I know it Isabella," He said as he smiled at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Isabella gently took the handkerchief he handed her and lightly dabbed her eyes with it. She couldn't help but smile at T'Challa. "How is it that you always know exactly what to say? You are an incredible King...and an even more incredible man. Your people are lucky to have a leader like you."

She started to hand back the handkerchief and then realized she had smudged it. "I'll have this cleaned..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:36 pm

Tony, Shuri and Bruce were conferring about the Force Field. Shuri's design was ambitious but Tony would have to use 2 Arc reactors in concert. One for each section of the field. Well, 4 actually. One for the top and for the bottom as well. Getting him into it would be difficult to pull off. In any case, Tony needed a proxy in the lab and he had selected Bruce for that but Shuri would be his assistant.

The others saw them leave Tony's room, Bruce and Shuri were already discussing the project and they moved past the others and headed for the lab.

-----------------

Isabella and T'Challa emerged from his room and Logan and Steve had set up Lunch. Finger sandwiches and cakes. Kate and Natalya were tickled at the sudden change in their men. Frank wasn't into it but no one called him out on that.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Isabella walked out with T'Challa to the kitchen where Logan and Steve had set up lunch. Isabella couldn't believe what she was seeing. Logan and Steve had made finger sandwiches and cakes. Natalya was equally perplexed. Not only by the fact that Logan had helped make these things, but that he seemed very focused on making them look nice on the plate. 

"Ok, who are you and what have you done with Logan? And...is that an apron your wearing?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Logan shrugged. "Hey, I watch PBS!" He said with a grin. He had actually used one of Isabella's cookbooks. Steve did the cakes, they were just cupcakes cut in half and lightly decorated. It looked more impressive than it actually was.

"What, the apron...doin sumpthin for ya?" he asked as he twerked his eyebrows. The boys were going to be a tough act to follow. Kate had to know that Natalya didn't do anything domestic.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Natalya was about to laugh and say that it wasn't doing anything for her and even make fun of the little flowers on it...but the more she looked at him the more it was doing something for her...strangely enough. She slowly walked over to him and whispered into his ear. "Come to bed wearing that tonight...only that." She then squeezed his ass and walked away.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 am

Logan's flat expression of surprise made Steve chuckle. He had seen but hadn't heard what she said but he could guess. And then Kate was looking at him 'in that way' and his chuckle stopped and he went back to plating the cakes. The tower was filled and it was actually very nice. They were all friends and all colleagues. People who have risked their lives for others. T'Challa was actually hungry and he took some tea, a couple of finger cakes, a few of the celery and carrots and spooned a little bit of the dip onto his small plate. With him going for the food, it was the start of everyone else going for it. Logan and Steve put off their aprons and Logan asked Isabella what she wanted and made up her plate. He did the same for Natalya and wasn't surprised she wanted one of the cakes. They were in a white or chocolate frosting and he went for one of the chocolate for her. Frank did the same for Ava and then made up his plate.

Everyone took their plates and cups to the sunken living space. They all began to talk about Frank and Ava's upcoming nuptials and Ava's pregnancy. T'Challa had never met Ava or Frank and it gave them some time to get acquainted. There was no sign of Bruce and Shuri but they all but expected that.

"So, Isabella, you're going to train Frank to wear the suit?" Steve asked. Everyone shifted their attention to her one Steve asked the question.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:08 am

Ava and Frank were going out tomorrow to pick out an engagement ring. She was quite excited about it, although less excited about Frank telling Micro that they were getting married. It was going to be...bad. She knew that going in. She knew that she also needed to make an appointment to see an OBGYN. However, she had already decided that she wanted the wedding to take place in the Tower and she wanted it to happen soon before she started showing too much. After they took care of Loki they would get married.

Isabella was sitting next to T'Challa. She heard Steve's question and she looked over at Frank and nodded. "Yes. I talked to Tony about it and he agreed. Training will take some time, but that will give Bruce and Shuri time to get the new suits ready."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 am

"There are the satellites as well. And Erik Selvig, under Loki's control, will likely be working around the clock to repair whatever Tony destroyed. New York will take months to get back to any kind of normalcy. Neighborhoods and boroughs have enlisted people to patrol in groups at night. Crime though is at an all-time high and most stores now are only open during the day. The curfew is being strictly enforced and there are no plans to release the National Guard," Steve said.

"Now, imagine that over the entire country...or the world," Steve said. "There's no upside to that and Loki knows it," He added. "Let us enjoy today Steve. There is time yet I think to plan our attack," T'Challa said. "We have reason to celebrate. A new life is upon us. Congratulations Ava in your good fortune," He said and everyone began to eat and drink.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down