The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Lingering Thread (October 1995)

2 posters

Go down

A Lingering Thread (October 1995) Empty A Lingering Thread (October 1995)

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:00 am

As soon as Isabella was healthy enough for travel Tony had them on the first flight out back to the states. Her answering service had exploded with calls. Both from her family and her colleagues from the CIA. And from Frank who had become extremely worried about her. Tony asked her where she wanted to be when they got back and she had decided to go stay with her parents. For the most part her room had not changed much. Not her room and not her brother's either. Her mother was especially worried about her and she checked in on her several times a day and there was even a call button at her finger tips should she want or need anything.

Tony's stocks had plummeted so he decided to use his own money to buy them all back. He and his investors had lost billions but at least he could now sleep at night. He had discovered that Obadiah, his longtime family friend had been the one that was selling weapons to the enemies of the US and he had been forced to resign as a result. To resign and to now face a Congressional inquiry as well.

All around Isabella's room there were flowers. Pots and pots of flowers. Flowers of all sorts of varieties and colors. Tony had gone all out to make Isabella's room literally bloom with color and fragrant scents. Her parent's servants had been watering them so each day that the door wall to her room was opened, sunlight found its way to them.

Tony also placed his own personal security to watch her parents house. Happy was in charge there and men in black suits and sunglasses patrolled around the grounds to her parent's estate. After 5 days of relaxing she felt good enough to accept visitors and Alonzo, Henry and Renee had asked to come and see her that morning. Renee leaned in and hugged her tightly.

"Oh I missed you," She said as she kissed Isabella's cheek. "Ok, ok, let me get in there you two," Alonzo said and did the same. He wiped a tear from her cheek and smiled at her. Henry wasn't quite as close to her as the others were so he just held the gifts they brought. More flowers and the Alonzo brought her those chocolates that she loved. Henry and Alonzo took up chairs and pulled them up t sit near the bed. Renee just sat at her bedside and held her hand.

"There's been alot of comm traffic being passed back and forth as to how you were rescued," Renee said but then held up her hands. "But we're not here to pump you for intel. This is just us wanting to come see you. To know you are ok," Renee said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Lingering Thread (October 1995) Empty Re: A Lingering Thread (October 1995)

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 am

Isabella's parents had cried when they saw her. Isabella had lost a good amount of weight and was suffering from dehydration. She had bruises and other marks all over her body, but they knew that those would all heal in time. What they were more concerned about was her mental health. Upon learning where she was recovering, reporters had swarmed her parents estate to try and get a glimpse of her or talk to her. After Lorenzo had caught one reporter trying to see through one of the windows into the house, Tony had decided to put Happy in charge of a security detail that would monitor the house 24/7.

Lorenzo and Elena were quite happy to see Tony again. Tony had been a frequent visitor to their home during school year breaks back when he and Isabella were in attendance at Phillips Academy. Tony unfortunately could not be at their house all the time during Isabella's recovery, but he did everything he could to ensure her comfort and happiness, including filling her room with colorful flowers. On days when Tony couldn't be there, he would call Elena for an update on Isabella's recovery. Unfortunately, while Isabella was recovering quickly physically, her mental wounds were taking much longer to heal. Isabella was not sleeping well and would often wake up screaming. Tony then arranged to have a world renowned Psychiatrist come and talk to Isabella since it was too difficult for her to talk about what happened with her parents...or even fully with him. Dr. Gilbert prescribed sleeping pills and anti-depressants for Isabella and those helped to a degree. He assured her parents and Tony that it was just going to take time and things would eventually get better.

That day Isabella received visitors for the first time. She had missed Renee, Alonzo, and Henry and she smiled and hugged Renee and Alonzo. Isabella was wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt that was actually Tony's. Isabella loved the shirt (it was one of Tony's from back when they were in school) and he had given it to her as something comforting for her to have. It still had Tony's scent on it.

"I'm...doing better," she told Renee. "I'm glad you guys came by. It's nice to see someone who isn't my mother popping her head in here every five minutes to check on me," she said with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:23 am

Renee took a good look at Isabella. Sometimes, a woman just knew when something...horrible happened. And Renee saw horrible in Isabella's eyes. They both had been in 'situations' before. And the CIA had special training for women. In case they were taken prisoner. Women were often subjected to an entirely different kind of torture than men were so the training was important.

"Alonzo, would you please take Henry downstairs, maybe get a coffee?" She asked sweetly. Alonzo's smile faded briefly and then came out again as he nodded and then stood up. "Sure thing, c'mon Henry, I saw danishes down there," he said. After the boys left Renee turned back to Isabella and her own face struggled to keep a neutral expression. Her eyes did well up though.

"I'm so sorry Isabella. I know you probably don't want to hear that but...but I can't help it," She said as she took hold of her hand and gave it a good squeeze.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am

Isabella said nothing when Renee suggested that Alonzo and Henry go get some coffee. She looked away slightly as the two men left. She heard the door close softly and then she felt Renee take hold of her hand and give it a squeeze. A few tears filled Isabella's eyes as she looked over at her friend.

"It's...it's ok. I'm alive and safe now. That's what matters most."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:43 am

"No, its not ok!" Renee said as her lips formed into a line. And her voice took on an angry, seething tone. "I don't care how rich this Tony Stark is, he played with your life Isabella. People are not playthings. You mean alot to alot of people Isabella and what he did was wrong," she said. "I mean, I know he didn't...he wasn't...the ones that...but he is responsible for this," she said angrily as she gazed around the room. "And I don't care how bad he feels. I hope he feels bad, he should feel bad," she said. "I mean...I know you two were...close, but there is no excuse for this," she said.

"His CEO, some Obadiah Shane is in alot of hot water right now. I find it difficult to believe that Tony had nothing to do with all those weapons," she said. "Personally I hope Shane rolls over and gives the man up. At least he'll be out of your life," she said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am

Isabella was quiet for a moment before she reached over to her bedside table and took hold of the Palladium fragment that Tony had used to find her. She held it in her hand and then looked at Renee.

"I don't want Tony out of my life. I want the exact opposite. Yes, Tony was the reason I was there in the first place and yes he's going to have to live with that knowledge for the rest of his life, but he was captured too and he and I went through a lot together."

She was quiet a moment again before lowering her voice. "You can't tell anyone this Renee, but Tony was the one who rescued me. I...I can't tell you how, but he was the one who found me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:08 am

Renee's eyebrows drew up, seemingly further with each word she spoke. Renee ofcourse had heard of victims who fell in with their abusers but she did not think this was the case. It was the way she said Tony's name. And what she had said about him. She was also confused. Everyone knew Tony had been found and he even returned to the US. Questions popped into her head but Isabella's slight shake of her head and the look in her eyes told her that it was likely best if there were no questions. For now anyway.

Tony and Isabella had not had the long talk that was coming. Not yet but he had told her he did want to talk...seriously about their future. He had apologized though...profusely. She had seen the guilt and horror in his eyes. And he would have to live with this for the rest of his life.

Renee decided to focus on other things. "Well, Alex asked me to tell you that you can take as long as you need. Your office will be waiting for you when you get back," she told her then she smiled. "Alonzo wanted to form a team to try to find you. He took it all the way up to the Assistant Director," She said fondly. To anyone that was paying attention. Renee was head over heels for Alonzo though they maintained a professional relationship.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 am

Tony had told Isabella that he wanted to talk, but as of yet that talk had not happened. Tony was going to be coming over that night so perhaps it would happen then. Isabella was both anxious and nervous to hear that Tony was going to say. She knew he loved her, but was he going to want to start another relationship. The thought of losing him again was almost too much for Isabella to take.

Isabella hesitated slightly when Renee mentioned her coming back to the CIA and her old job. The truth was, Isabella wasn't entirely certain she wanted to go back. Not after everything that had happened. She wasn't sure she wanted to continue to deal with a corrupt agency. She began to feel that she needed a fresh start. However, she had not discussed this with Tony yet and therefore did not say anything to Renee. She simply nodded and then changed the subject.

"So, are you and Alonzo dating yet?" she teased with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 am

Renee's cheeks colored immediately and she looked back at the door briefly then turned back to face her. "No...!" she said as her lips curled up into a smile. "But I wouldn't turn him down if he asked. I've had way too many sex dreams involving him. I doubt us getting together would be a good idea for our careers and our sanity. Besides, how would we get anything done?" She asked with a giggle. Oh she had it bad and not being with him was becoming extremely difficult. But she loved her job too though at times, like Isabella, none of them liked the corruption. But Renee was a team player. Both her and Alonzo were. They'd do what they were told without question. That was one of the reasons they relied on Isabella. In many ways she protected them from that. She was their shield against sacrificing too much of their moral code to just keep their jobs. Her superiors knew what Isabella was about and so her team were not given morally ambiguous jobs often. That had slowed their careers but not everyone in the company was corrupt. And that meant something for the long run.

After a few more minutes Renee took her leave of Isabella. Just as she stepped out her mother came by with more sleeping pills. When she awoke this time, she had slept for hours, Tony was there. His chair back was up against her bedside and his head was tilted back so the back of his head rested on her bed near her right thigh. His eyes were closed but she knew he was still awake though barely so.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:40 am

Though Isabella had become disillusion about her job at the CIA, she still loved her team and the thought of leaving them was difficult. However, she wasn't certain she could continue on. Too many things had happened for her not to be a different woman than she had been before being captured. Tony had changed too. He had become much more like the man she had known when they were in school. She felt that together they could do a lot of good in this world, but that depended on whether or not they were going to be together.

The sleeping pills helped to put her into a deeper, dreamless sleep. She slept more peacefully when taking them and when she awoke she could see that the sun was starting to go down. She was hungry and could smell her mother cooking something downstairs for dinner. She looked over and saw Tony was there. He was sitting in a chair by her bedside. His head was titled back near her right thigh. She could tell he was still awake and she reached out and gently raked her fingers through his dark hair. This was something she had done back when they were in school as well. She saw Tony's lips curl up into a smile at her touch. When he opened his eyes she smiled at him.

"Hey."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:18 am

Tony smiled when he felt her fingers in his hair. "Did you have a good day?" He asked. He hoped it was so. He reached up and took hold of her hand. he laced is fingers between hers then kissed her hand and her fingers before he let it go. he sat up then stood up and shifted the chair away so he could come and sit next to her. He wore the necklace. He would never take it off now.

"Do you feel up to...talking? There are a few things I wanted to run by you...if you feel up to it. Only if you feel up to it ok?" He said softly as he looked at her. Though her hair was not perfect, she still looked radiant sitting there. He wanted to feel her lips on his but now...now he felt awkward about that. he didn't like feeling awkward. But he knew what she had been through.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 am

Isabella nodded a little when Tony asked if she had had a good day. "Renee, Alonzo, and Henry came by. It was nice to see them," she said. She enjoyed feeling Tony's fingers laced between her own and his lips on her skin was familiar and comforting. She shifted on her bed so he could come and sit next to her. When Tony asked her if she felt up to talking she began to feel a little nervous.

"Yes, we can talk," she said and then waited for him to speak first.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 am

Tony tried to gird up his courage. It wasn't easy now, after everything that had happened. But he didn't want to leave what was between them to linger. he liked resolution. He craved it, he needed it and felt her pulse pick up. Obviously she wanted it to.

"I...I know I will never be able to take back what happened. I doubt there are enough apologies in the world that I could give you...but...but I would like it if...if you let me try," he said. "Even if it takes the rest of our lives...I'd like to try...to make it up to you," he said as he reached into his pocket. he drew out a small, black, velvet covered box and flipped it open with his thumb. Inside was a ring with the largest diamond he was certain she had ever seen up close.

"I want to marry you Isabella Corsetti. I want to correct a mistake I made long ago, when I pushed you away. I want you to be in my life. I need you with me Isabella, please say yes," Tony asked softly. "I love ya babe...I always have," he added at the end.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Isabella felt tears start to come to her eyes as Tony began to speak. So much had happened between them in such a short span of time. She hated the guilt that Tony felt, but there was nothing she could do about it. It was his alone to bear. She, herself, carried the regret of choosing the CIA over him. But now...now they had the opportunity to start anew...to begin a new life...together.

Isabella felt herself begin to tremble when she saw the black, velvet box. A few tears slipped down her cheeks out of happiness and she actually gasped when she saw the ring. It was the largest diamond she had ever seen in a ring, but it wasn’t gaudy. It was perfect. She looked into Tony’s eyes and nodded as a smile came across her face. “Of course I’ll marry you Tony.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:38 pm

Tony's smile grew when he saw the expression on Isabella's face. He removed the ring from the box and slowly, gently slid it up her finger. It took in all the available light and glittered brightly. Tony leaned toward her but he waited for her to put her arms around him. He let her kiss him and in doing so, only then kissed her back. "I love you, I love you...I love you," he whispered into her ear as she embraced him. After they both had time to calm down, Tony had handed her a tissue, they were able to finally talk.

"So you minored in Forensic accounting. I want you to leave the CIA and help me run Stark Industries. There will be no Prenup. There will be no lawyers involved in our marriage. There is only you and me ok?" He said. He wanted to chuckle as he found that she would not let him move very far from her. Their faces were close enough that if she wanted to steal another kiss from him or ask for another that he could do that easily.

There would be lawyers but that would involved the company, not their marriage. There was always legal mumbo jumbo when it came to families and companies but he would not worry about that until it was time to worry about it. Right now there was just the two of them and he wanted to just be with her. To just fill his thoughts with her.

"Besides the ring I did want to show you something I bought. As a wedding gift," he said cryptically. And then he recalled what he wanted to ask. "Oh, I don't even know what kind of wedding you want. We could do something huge or something small or just something between you and I," he said as he lightly kissed her cheek. He felt her shift his face so she could kiss his lips. "I'm fine with whatever you want to do. You will get the wedding you want Isabella," he assured her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Isabella's hand was still trembling slightly as Tony slipped the engagement ring onto her finger. She was completely and utterly overwhelmed, but incredibly happy. As Tony leaned forward, she slipped her arms around him and they shared a loving kiss. She accepted the tissue Tony handed her and wiped away the tears from her eyes.

Isabella was rather surprised when Tony informed her that there would no Prenup. She was glad because she knew that meant he trusted her completely, but she wasn't so certain his lawyer was going to be happy about it.

"I was planning on leaving the CIA. I'm not happy there anymore, but I would be more than happy to help you run Stark Industries. As for the wedding, I don't want a big wedding. I want just us and those closest to us. After everything that has happened I want this to just be about us."

She then thought of something. "Oh, did you ask my father for my hand? You know how old fashioned he is."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Tony just looked at her. He had not considered that but he wasn't bothered by it either. They both liked him and it had nothing to do with that he was a billionaire. At least he didn't think so. He also thought she was taking all of this really well. She didn't take alot of convincing, which was for the good. He decided to take care of her concern right away and after ward he brought the tray her mother had prepared and ate with her in her room.

He told her of his plans to build a tower. That and he had already began his designs for the Mark III. "There is an upcoming press conference involving...well, involving the suit. I was contacted by Phil Coulson. He is the assistant director of SHIELD under Nick Fury. I don't know if you ever worked with them or heard those names but they gave me the speech they want me to give. They want me to deny my involvement in it all. Apparently, alot of people saw the suit. There's even...video," Tony said in between bites of his meatloaf. "They're calling it..Ironman. What do you think I should do?" he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:11 pm

Isabella’s mind was racing as she thought about the wedding and her future with Tony. She was incredibly excited and optimistic about the future. She was almost too excited to eat, but Tony forced her to. She was still under weight and needed to gain her strength back. The meatloaf was delicious and as they ate she listened to Tony tell her about the tower he wanted to build and about the new suit. However, when Tony mentioned the press conference she became a little concerned, especially knowing SHIELD was involved.

“Tony, I will support whatever you choose to do. It’s your suit and your decision. Go with what your gut tells you.”

She took another bite of the meatloaf and then became quiet for a moment. She looked down and then away from him. “I killed one of the men who was holding me. He tried to...he had his hands on me and I just snapped. I suffocated him with a pillow.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Tony was slicing his meatloaf when Isabella just blurted that out. His fork and knife stopped dead on the plate and his expression seemed to grow angry at his meatloaf. He knew there was more to tell. He remembered them taking her from the room and then bringing her back. He knew they had done something to her. He knew they had raped her and he didn't know if it was just Abu or she had been raped several times by different men. He slowly set down his fork and knife and wiped his face with his napkin.

"When they took you from the room...And you came back. I knew they did...something," he said as he swallowed hard. He felt bile rise up into his throat but he continued on. "I don't know how many times you were raped Isabella. But I killed them. I killed them all," he said as he looked up at her finally. "Every damn one of them!" He said angrily.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Isabella trembled slightly as she thought about what had been done to her. She wasn’t certain if she would ever forget it, or be able to talk to Tony about it. However, just knowing that they were dead made her feel at least a little better. They wouldn’t be able to hurt any more people. However, there were other horrible people out there and people who needed help.

“I wish there was something I could do for other people out in the world who need help.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Tony considered what Isabella said and there was a short silence between them. "I'm involved in several charities. You could do alot of good for alot of people there I think," Tony said. For a moment though, a brief moment, a thought of a group of men and women, some in suits and some not, fought against a dark horde of creatures. He swallowed again and banished the thought from him mind.

"No more bad memories for you Isabella. Only good ones, from here on out. You just became a billionaire, is there...anything you want? Anything you'd like to do?" he said with a grin. You have but to speak your desires and we can make them happen my love," he said with a smile. "Anything at all," he whispered to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down