The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Oil and Water (August 2005)

2 posters

Go down

Like Oil and Water (August 2005) Empty Like Oil and Water (August 2005)

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 am

It was the first day of class. Peter was more than excited to finally go to midtown. He had been dreaming about high school every night for weeks! And he couldn’t wait for the summer to be over. He had already been taking college level studies through a special program for gifted students. He had already read into his new text books and was more than prepared for calc 2 which he would be taking with seniors. Calc 2, advanced biology, advanced computing, his elective, English 2, World History and unfortunately, gym.

He was dressed in faded blue jeans (he got them from the thrift shop) a light blue t-shirt and a long-sleeved, patterned, button down shirt left unbuttoned. (also from the thrift shop) His first class, advanced biology was being taught by Mrs. Carmichael. A fairly tall and large woman with short dark hair, black rimmed glasses and she always wore a white lab coat. Peter was excited to be there and he sat in the front row. Most of the other students in the class were older, mostly juniors and seniors but Ned was there and he looked around nervously at the older kids. “Pete, I think we’re outnumbered. We’re the smallest guys here,” Ned said. Peter looked around the room himself and nodded. “Even the girls are taller than us,” Peter whispered as he looked round. And that’s where he saw her…

--------------------------

Kate had been an official part of the team for since February. Steve’s love for her had done nothing but grown but he began to grow more and more concerned about her continued relationship with SHIELD. She had told him that she only needed to clear some things up but that had been months ago and last week the Avengers had had a mission and Kate was off handing...something for SHIELD. She had just come back last night and she sat on Steve’s lap as he watched a baseball game. They were in their room and she had been trying to distract him by shifting on his lap and rubbing his thigh. Last night he had been asleep when she got in and this morning he had been all business, getting up, working out and talking to Steve Wilson about the aftermath of their recent mission. The Major League Baseball playoffs had just started and the Dodgers were his team.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Like Oil and Water (August 2005) Empty Re: Like Oil and Water (August 2005)

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 am

When she had woken up that morning Serena had found that she was excited about going to a real school, but also incredibly nervous. She had only ever had private tutors and had never really had real friends. She wanted to feel more normal, but as she had walked into the school the whispers had already started. She was immediately recognized and most people seemed too nervous to even approach her. She was after all the daughter of Tony and Isabella Stark, Avengers and billionaires.

Serena was taking all advanced classes, which would probably still be too easy for her, but this was what she had wanted. Her father wouldn't allow her to take public transport so Happy would be dropping her off and picking her up everyday. The long term effects from her severe concussion were starting to show up. She had never had headaches before the attack, but now she had them fairly regularly. She also still suffered occasionally from short term memory loss. However, it didn't seem to affect her ability to study and learn.

Her first class of the day was advanced Biology. She walked in and took a seat by herself. People again began to whisper and no one sat next to her. She pulled out her textbook and a notebook and pen and then felt eyes upon her. She glanced over to the left and saw a young man, about her age with brown hair and eyes, looking at her.

Ned recognized her and whispered to Peter. "Dude, I think that's Serena Stark!"

-------------------------------------------------

Kate had been quite happy to be made an official member of the team. Tony's respect and trust in Kate had expanded since she had saved Isabella and Serena's lives. He had even made a body suit for her that he had designed based on how she moved in a fight. She and Steve were happy in their relationship. Things were moving along for them and they had even taken a weekend trip together up to the mountains.

Despite her best efforts to make a clean break from SHIELD Phil kept asking her to help him with various tasks and missions that were SHIELD related. He would never admit to it, but Kate knew it was Nick who was ultimately pulling her strings. It irritated her that he was using Phil, but she continued to do what he wanted. She had just come back from a short mission the night before and had been disappointed to find Steve already asleep. That morning he had gotten up and had immediately gone to workout. They had worked out together, but Steve had been all business. They were now sitting together watching the Dodgers play in the Major League Playoffs. She was sitting on his lap, vying for his attention, but his eyes remained fixed on the screen. When a commercial came on Kate finally spoke up.

"I guess in order to get your attention I'm going to have to put on a Dodgers uniform and join the team," she teased with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:28 am

The class had not started yet as everyone continued to arrive and settle in. Peter had already opened his text book when he heard Ned. He looked up and he found himself face to face with the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had long, dark hair, large, dark eyes that appeared to drink up his soul right then. His cheeks flushed almost immediately and his mouth curved into a smile.

“Hey…” Peter said though his voice was scratchy and an octave too high. “Uh..hey,” He corrected but didn’t say anything else. Ned’s eyes bulged and he leaned in toward him. “I’m Peter…” Ned suggested and like a Parrot, Peter repeated what he said because his brain had gone completely blank just then.

“I’m Peter...Peter Parker,” Peter said as his face and neck turned a decidedly pink color.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well I don’t know, can you hit a 95 mile an hour fast ball or catch a line drive in a split second?” Steve said though he doubted he could himself and he said this as he watched the screen. It was game 1 of the NLC against Milwaulkee. He did glance at her though and his lips held a small smile as if he knew what he was doing.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 am

Serena sat at the table to the left of Peter and Ned. She looked over at the pair and found herself rather intrigued by the boy who spoke to her. She smiled a little when his friend had to remind him of his name. There was something so genuine and honest about Peter that she really liked. “Hi Peter Parker. I’m Serena Stark.”

——————————————————

Kate laughed a little and shook her head. “No, I can’t.” She looked at Steve and smiled some. “However, I can do this,” she said before leaning down and whispering something rather naughty into his ear. She was trying to get a reaction out of him and gain his attention.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 am

Peter ofcourse knew who the Starks were. Everyone who didn’t live under a rock had. He had to admit too that he considered Tony Stark...her FATHER, to be the greatest rock star of Science that Peter knew and he idolized him. He wanted to say more but he couldn’t get the courage to ask her more questions which he had several. The teacher though had come to the front of the room though and all talking ceased as she began her class.

As the class went on Mrs. Carmichael asked the class all sorts of questions. For each one both Serena and Peter raised their hands. Other students did too to a question or two but not to every one and most of the time it was just them two and Peter had a competitive spirit when it came to academics. “You’re embarrassing me Pete...just let a few go dude,” Ned said. “Why if i know the answer?” Peter said. “Because there is something to be said for humility,” Ned replied to a very confused Peter Parker. Peter decided to take his advice and on the next couple of questions only Serena’s hand went up though Peter’s arm itched to raise as well. He knew those answers.

--------------------------------

Steve’s eyes grew large and his cheeks colored at what Kate suggested. But he responded smoothly. “I suppose we could do some tryouts, show me what you got,” He responded with a very broad smile. A few minutes later Steve moaned as Kate ‘performed’ on him and it took real effort not to squirm in his chair. As Kate continued the door suddenly opened…

Logan was the most vocal of everyone as it came to Kate not being there. He had been wanting to talk to Steve man to man about it though Isabella had asked him not to say anything about it and to let Steve handle it. Logan ofcourse was not satisfied with that. He heard the baseball game on in his room and hadn’t known Kate had came back late last night. He opened the door to Steve’s room without knocking. “Steve I wanted to ask...y..you,” he began and then his eyes bulged at what he saw. His eyes bulged and hIS mouth curled in a very large smile. “Whoa,” he whispered and abruptly shut the door.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 am

Serena was quite impressed by how smart Peter was. Besides her father and Bruce she had never met anyone else who could challenge her the way Peter did. It was refreshing and she could see him as a potential friend. There was a small competitive streak that showed up between them when it came to answering the questions, but after a while she noticed that Peter didn't raise his hand anymore. She had a feeling that his friend had something to do with that. After the class was over and Serena was gathering up her things she looked over at Peter and gave him a little smile. "What lunch do you have?"

--------------------------------

Kate was pleased that she finally had Steve's attention and once she got started he seemed to forget all about the game. She only did these kinds of things every once and a while when she was in the right mood and she certainly was today. Suddenly, though she heard the bedroom door open without a knock and Logan stepped in. Thankfully, the chair was turned so only the back was to the door, but Logan would know what was going on. Kate immediately stopped and her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. She waited until Logan closed the door and she glanced at Steve.

"Well, I guess we should start locking that door."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 am

It was not easy to keep his cool with Serena Stark sitting right next to him. It didn’t help that Ned was constantly whispering into his ear, suggesting things he should and shouldn’t do. This coming from someone who never had a girlfriend before. Well, Peter hadn’t either but that was besides the point. Or was it? Serena was so, so beautiful, A Stark and though it was the first day he saw the older boys and the girls as well looking at her. Peter was a prime example of a Geek in every sense of the word. Bad at sports and equally uninterested in them. Average in looks, had no musical ability so the band, choir and orchestra were out. Was a terrible actor so acting was out. He was thinking of joining the debate team and the Academic Decathlon Team though and tutoring for extra money to help out his Aunt May with the bills.

Peter hadn’t realized. Serena was talking to him when he heard Ned’s words. “Second Lunch.” Peter repeated the words as if he didn’t understand why Ned said them. “Second Lunch?” he said and then blushed when Serena smiled at him again. Just her smile made his stomach want to do somersaults.

-----------------------

Steve had gotten up and LOCKED the darn door! Kate straddled him in the recliner. “Ok, so you’ve made the team and I’ll make you a starter,” Steve said as he closed his eyes and groaned to what Kate was doing to him. Kate held his hands onto her breasts and shifted and rolled her hips. She was in complete control of the situation right then...so much for baseball! Kate had been the first and only woman he had never had sex with and though Kate had to ‘show’ him a few things, Steve was a pretty quick study. Not the most adventurous lover she had ever had he knew but when she got him going, like she did now it seemed that he was all the man she needed. At least he hoped he was. He shifted forward with their middles still attached and carried her with her legs around his hips to the bed. He laid her onto her back and then the gloves came off.

A considerable time later Steve sat up in the bed and Kate rested her head on a pillow on his lap. Steve stroked her hair lazily as he deliberated on how to broach the subject he wanted to talk to her about. The last time they spoke about this they had argued. He felt more than a little indignation about that fact that she was still with SHIELD and she had assured him that she wouldn’t be for this long. He liked Phil, he did but this wasn’t about Phil Coulson. This was about Nick Fury and his secret motives and agendas.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Serena was used to people not being sure how to act around her. She had attended a few of her parent’s parties since she was now a little older and the other kids her age just stayed away from her or acted very uncomfortable. Because of this Serena had never had any friends her own age. She hoped Peter and his friend would be friends with her. They seemed nice enough. Her smile brightened when she heard him say second lunch.

“Me too. Would it be alright if I sat with you guys? I don’t know anyone here. I’ve actually never attended a real school before.”

————————————————-

Kate was quite happy and satisfied as she lay with Steve on their bed. Although she was the only woman he had ever been with she felt he was learning quickly. He wasn’t overly adventurous in bed but he seemed eager to please her and wasn’t at all selfish.

As she lay there she could sense he had something to say but he didn’t say it. She decided to finally break the silence between them.

“I bet Logan will never not knock again,” she commented with a smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 pm

“Uh...sure…” Peter said but his response was overshadowed by who spoke up behind her. “You ‘can’ sit at ‘my’ table if you want Serena Stark,” A voice said from behind her. Jamie Newton, a Senior smiled down at Serena. He wore his leather varsity jacket and was one of the most popular kids in school. He was attractive, well liked, the captain of the football team and smart enough to be in some of the advanced courses they were in though being a senior did take something away from that.

“Welcome to Midtown Serena, I’m Jamie Newton,” he said as he extended his hand to her. Jamie had feathered blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He was tall, strong and held himself in a very confident manner.

---------------------------------------------

“I’ll be having a little chat with Logan about...manners next time I have a chance,” Steve said then quickly broke into what was on his mind. “So, what did Phil have you doing the last few days? We could have used you. When you’re not with us, you leave a hole in our capabilities,” Steve said diplomatically but it was far from how he felt. He thought about having a chat with Phil about this but Kate was a grown woman and what she did was up to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Serena was surprised when she heard another voice speak up and say that she could sit at his table. She looked over and saw a boy, who appeared to be a senior, wearing a varsity football jacket. He was attractive, in the traditional sense, but she didn't like the vibe she got from him. She decided to be polite though and shook his hand.

"Thank you Jamie. I appreciate your offer, but I'm going to sit with Peter and..." she realized she didn't know his friend's name and looked at Ned. "Ned," he told her. "...and Ned."

----------------------------------------

Kate looked up at Steve when he asked her what she had been doing with SHIELD the last few days. "Oh, it was just some tactical stuff for an upcoming mission. It's not one I'm going on, but he wanted my input." She sight and then sat up and looked at him. "I'm trying to leave Steve...I really am. It's just more difficult than I had originally anticipated. It was my home for my entire life."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm

At Lunch Peter and Ned retrieved their trays and had gotten into line with everyone else. As they began down the line Jamie had gotten his tray and had brazenly taken cuts in front of them. Not only that he sneered at them. He was not at all happy that he was turned down by a ‘Freshman’ and in front of these other freshmen. However someone up ahead of them looked back. “Hey, you get in line just like everyone else,” The kid said. He was fairly tall and thin but wore very nice clothes and his short, dark hair was styled as if a hair stylist had done it just that morning and one had. “Says who?” Jamie said as he drew himself up. But the kid didn’t back down. “Says me, Harry Osborn,” The kid said and Peter’s eyes wanted to pop out of his head. ‘The son of Dr. Norman Osborn...CEO of Osborn Corp.? Jamie looked to be thinking of hitting him with his tray but then took a quick look around. Several teachers and faculty were nearby and the raised voices made them look in their direction.

“Fine, you’re not worth it!” He grumbled and stepped out of line and moved around to the back. Well, almost the back. His team mates let him get in front of them and the kids behind them just had to deal with it. “Wow, Harry Osborn,” Peter said pleasedly and extended his hand. “Im Peter Parker and this is Ned,” He said. Harry smiled and took Peter’s hand. “Hey Peter, hey Ned, glad to meet ya,” He said. He was a Freshman like they were but he had an air of confidence that belied his youth. “Footballers, they think they run the place,” Harry said as he chuckled and shook his head. “I know your father harry, Dr. Norman Osborn. I’ve read several of his papers. He’s a genius ,” Peter said in awe. “Scuttlebutt is that you are too Peter,” Harry said and Peter’s eyes grew wide. “Word gets around quick here,” Harry said and they all laughed.

And that was how Serena found them, Peter, Ned and Harry sitting at a table apart from everyone else.

------------------------------------------------------------

Steve looked at Kate, looked into her eyes as she said what she said. He wanted to believe her but ultimately he knew if she wanted to leave she would have by now. “It’s been months Kate. If you wanted to leave you would have done it by now,” he said. He wanted to be gentle with Kate. He loved the woman like crazy but gentle words didn’t come right then. “You appear to want your cake and eat it to. Kate we talked about this and you agreed. I’m not asking you to end your friendship with Phil Coulson. Just your professional relationship,” Steve said though he ‘tried’ to moderate his tone and speak in softer tones.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Serena's next class was calculus. Unfortunately, Peter nor Ned were with her in that class, but she did just fine. By the time she left, the whole school seemed to know that Serena was there. Everyone knew her father was a genius, but she was proving to be extremely intelligent herself.

When it was time for lunch, she went first to her locker to deposit her books, and then headed to the cafeteria. She felt everyone's eyes on her as she got into line to get something to eat. She grabbed a salad and some fruit and a bottle of water. She paid for her food and then looked around for Peter and Ned. She spotted them at a table with a boy she recognized. It was Harry Osborne. He was the son of Dr. Norman Osborne. She had met Harry once a few years ago but hadn't seen him since. She walked over with her tray and smiled as Peter looked over at him.

"Is it still ok if I sit with you?"

---------------------------------------

Kate felt trapped. Steve had a way of making her feel incredibly guilty and horrible about herself when it came to SHIELD. The only way he was going to be happy was if she left completely. She had also made promises to Phil and he had taken care of her after her parents had died.

"So if I stay with SHIELD then you can't trust me?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Steve just looked at her and his cheeks flushed slightly. He didn’t like arguing with Kate. He never did but she was determined to hang onto SHIELD. Steve sighed. “If I didn’t trust you Kate, I wouldn’t be in this bed with you. You know why I need you to leave SHIELD. When I was unthawed...after, I worked for Nick. I took him at his word. I can appreciate that a soldier does not need to always understand the orders he’s given but Nick lied to my face. I know as an Agent you lie and hurt people because of your mission. But I thought I was on the same team. He used me and lied to me Kate to get what he needed. When you tell me something I will believe it because I do trust you. But I do not believe in second chances. We are the choices that we make. Trust is a delicate thing. Easy to break and difficult to repair. Doing this...being an Avenger. I don’t have to lie to anyone to do my job and help people, can you say the same?” Steve asked.

------------------------------

Peter and Ned grinned like fools when they saw Serena. “Oh yes,” Peter said and shifted over. “Certainly,” Ned said with a grin. “Hello again Serena,” Harry said and stood up for her and extended his hand toward her. When she gave it to him he leaned forward and kissed her knuckles like a gentleman and remained standing until she sat then sat herself. Several girls at other tables, some of the boys as well gaped at that display. Harry was known for drawing that kind of attention to himself. Peter just thought he was just a very cool guy. Ned did to.

“What do you have next period Peter?” Ned asked. “Gym,” Peter said and sighed. “I hate Gym,” Ned said. “And then calc 2...I can’t wait for that!” Peter said. “What about you Serena?” Peter asked. Harry was looking at Serena as if seeing her in a different light. “You look...different than I remembered you Serena,” Harry asked. “You’re...prettier, I think,” He said boldly. And did not blush at all.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Kate was becoming frustrated talking to Steve. She got up from the bed and began to get dressed. The happy, content mood she had been in before was now shattered and she didn't feel like laying in bed with him anymore. "You're so frustrating sometimes Steve. Everything for you is either black or white. There is no in between for you. Life isn't always like that. Sometimes you have to lie or things get messy. If I truly thought that I was doing horrible things at SHIELD I wouldn't be working there because that's not who I am."

She saw Steve open his mouth to argue further with her but she needed a break and held up her hands to stop him. "I need to leave for a while," was all she said before she left their room. She headed to the elevator and then left the Tower and headed back to SHIELD. Steve wouldn't know where she had gone or if she was even coming back.

----------------------------------------

Serena found herself sitting next to Peter and across from Harry. She was rather taken aback when Harry took her hand and kissed her knuckles. She couldn't help but smile and nearly blush at that and she took a seat. She looked across at Harry though at what he said.

"So, you're saying I was ugly then?" she teased with a grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Steve could do nothing but sigh. He choked his own neck ceremonially. THat and he wished he understood women! Might as well understand the sun. No, the sun and weather!

------------------------

Phil was in his dark gray sweatshirt and jogging pants. He had a SHIELD insignia on the left breast of the sweat shirt and he had on white nike tennis shoes. He had just returned back to his apartments at the SHIELD HQ. His signed collection of Captain America cards were in a frame on his wall and he had a signed poster of Iron man and Sapphire and the Hulk. He made himself an espresso and sat down in his large recliner and used the remote control to turn on the TV.

------------------------

“Well...no, I said prettier,” Harry said. “More beautiful I think he means,” Peter said though he had not realized what he said. Ned gaped and Harry’s eyebrows wanted to climb up into his head. Peter looked into Serena’s eyes and all rational thought left him. ‘God she as beautiful,’ He thought then looked to Harry and Ned. “What?” He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Kate was frustrated and upset and needed to talk to Phil. She made it back to SHIELD HQ and then headed to Phil's apartment. She knocked on the door and when he answered she told him she needed to talk to him. She walked in and sat down and he would be able to tell she was upset.

"Steve is angry with me. He wants me to have nothing to do with SHIELD. Basically, if I don't leave then I think our relationship is over. I don't know what to do."

----------------------------------------------------------

Serena looked over at Peter and gave him a little smile. She liked Peter. He was genuine and sincere. He wasn't fake or trying to be someone he wasn't to impress her. Her eyes met his for a moment before she looked back at Harry.

"How's your father?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Kate wasn’t just an Agent, she was like a daughter to Phil Coulson. He knew her parents and watched her grow up. Kate was one of the finest agents he had ever had the privilege to work with. She was smart, quick, tough and a mutant besides. He offered her some tea but she refused.
He knew this day would come eventually but he had hoped it wouldn’t have been so soon.

“What does your heart tell you Kate? You got involved with Steve, why? Because he’s Captain America? Or because you really had feelings for him? You knew what Steve needed you to do I think and you entrenched yourself into his life. I know you don’t just consider SHIELD as a job, its a career. But Steve Rogers is not just another guy. He’s not the kind of person to lie or mistreat you. He’s the real deal and I want you to really think long and hard about whats more important to you. And I also want you to know that whatever you decide, like me, your parents would be very proud of you,” Phil said.

------------------------------

“You know, probably much like yours. Always something else to grab his attention. Always something else to invent,” Harry said with a shrug. “I heard starting in our sophomore year, we can sign up for The Osborn COrp. Internship. It takes the place of our elective and is worth college AP credit,” Ned said. “Are you serious?” Peter asked and turned and smiled brightly at Serena.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55 pm

Kate had not gotten involved with Steve simply because he was "Captain America". She had fallen in love with Steve Rogers and despite the fact that he frustrated her at times to no end, she still loved Steve. No other man made her feel the way he did and she knew no other man would. She knew what her decision was, but it didn't make it easier. She was about to give up a lot for Steve.

She spent the next few hours there with Phil just talking. Steve tried to call her several times, but she didn't answer. Let him worry a little about whether or not she was coming back. It was dark by the time she headed back to the Tower. She walked down to their room and saw Steve sit up when he saw her walk in. She didn't say anything at first to him as she began to get changed. When she finally spoke her back was turned to him.

"I've just given up everything that I worked for my entire life for you Steve. I hope you know that and really understand what that means. I'm not even fully welcomed here so did all of this just for you."

--------------------------------------------

Serena had exchanged numbers with Peter, Harry, and Ned before leaving school that day. She was laying there in bed working on some homework when she looked over at her phone. She picked it up and smiled as she sent a text to Peter.

"I just wanted to thank you again for letting me hang out with you today at lunch. I really enjoyed it."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Steve was worried that Kate might not come back. Either that or she would come back to tell him that it was over. He felt guilty for the relief he felt when she did not tell him it was over. And though she tried to deny him he muscled past her defences and took her up into his arms. “No, you didn’t give up everything because you still have me and the avengers. And I love you Kate,” Steve said. “I need you, can’t you understand that?” He said as he pulled her back so he could look at her.

“You also have to know that ‘you’ they accepted. Not SHIELD. Once we tell them that your done with SHIELD, they will accept you,” Steve assured her.

-------------------------

Peter had just gotten home from his job at the dry cleaners. He hadn’t expected Serena to text him but when he read what she said he felt like the happiest guy in the world! ‘You can hang out with us, anytime’ Peter texted. And then he bit his lip as he texted. ‘And you are beautiful Serena, but I think you know that already’ Peter texted and then deliberated on hitting send. He decided to delete it but his thumb accidentally hit the send button and he dropped his phone in panic. He scrambled and picked it up again but he sighed feeling how stupid he was.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Kate sighed at what Steve said. She wanted to argue with him that she was the same person whether she wore the SHIELD insignia or not, but she decided against it. She was tired of arguing. She had done what Steve wanted and had left SHIELD. Now, the ball was in his court to ensure that her sacrifice would be worth it. Steve could have been fighting harder for Tony and Logan to accept her, but he hadn't. Now, she had been there nearly a year and still didn't feel like she was truly apart of the team. She still felt that she was just being used when they needed her and was otherwise useless to Tony. That hurt, especially after she had saved the lives of his wife and daughter at the risk of her own.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," she finally told him as she finished getting changed. She got into bed and let Steve hold her if he wanted to.

-----------------------------------------

Serena heard her phone ding indicating a received text and she smiled when she read what he wrote. For some reason she could picture Peter beating himself up over having sent that message. 'It's nice to hear someone say it though. Let me know if you ever want to come by the Tower. I can show you around and introduce you to everyone.'

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down