The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Dance With The Devil (March 1990)

2 posters

Go down

To Dance With The Devil (March 1990) Empty To Dance With The Devil (March 1990)

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Steve replaced the oil filter and began to use his greasy fingers to finger tighten it back onto the threads. Once it was seated he slid out from under the truck that had its hood open. Al’s Auto Repair wasn’t what he saw himself doing but this was him, laying low, not owing Isabella and Tony anything and making his own way. He had a box of an apartment over on the east side though he had moved 3 times in as many months because SHIELD kept finding him and trying to get him to join them. He stood, and wiped off his hands with a red grease rag. He dropped the hood then stepped inside.

“Hey, Steve, I need ya to hit the bank again, we’re our of 20’s and 5s,” Al said and tossed him his keys.

At the bank he parked Al’s car and had begun to cross the street when shots rang out and people screamed. The criminals, there were 3 were shooting people and Steve just reacted. He ran forward as they came out. In an instant he was on them and he shoulder one guy into the glass doors while he punched another so hard he hit the wall then slid down it. The third tried to turn and shoot him but he grabbed at his wrist and squeezed. Bones and cartilage cracked and the man cried out in pain as Steve took his weapon away then punched him in the face. In a matter of moments all 3 bank robbers were down and sirens were heard in the distance.

-------------------------

2 days later.

Steve knocked on Tony’s and Isabella’s door.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

To Dance With The Devil (March 1990) Empty Re: To Dance With The Devil (March 1990)

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:51 pm

The Stark Expo had gone off without a hitch, much to Isabella's relief. She and Tony could now relax for a while, although Isabella remained worried about Steve. Steve had only stayed with them for about two weeks before he had moved and he had since moved two more times. She spent time with him going over important things he needed to know. She gave him some history books to read and Steve had a running list of movies and tv shows to watch, and music to listen to. It was going to take time, but Steve seemed patient and focused. He had a standing invitation for dinner and quite often took them up on it since he didn't really know how to cook.

When Isabella answered the door and saw it was Steve she smiled and let him in. "I hope you're hungry. I made lasagna tonight."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

To Dance With The Devil (March 1990) Empty Re: To Dance With The Devil (March 1990)

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 pm

At dinner it was Tony, James, Isabella and Steve. Steve liked James, he was straight forward, no nonsense and he felt as if he could trust him. He was former Air Force whish Steve respected and seemed to take life as it came but also earnestly. Tony he wasn’t so certain about. He still looked at him oddly sometimes and they never really hit it off like he had with Isabella. He took another bite of the delicious Lasagna.

“So the reason I came by...besides Isabella’s pasta...I...I’m going to work for SHIELD,” He said. James looked at Tony first then smiled and looked at Steve. “Well congratulations Steve, It’ll be nice to know you’re back in action. One look at Tony though and they all knew he was not happy with this new development.

“What you did with those bank robbers was admiral Cap,” Tony said. “But you have no idea what SHIELD is really about,’ Tony snapped annoyedly.

“I just want the opportunity to help people, you know do what I was,” Steve began but Tony broke in. “Made to do? SHIELD does things for its own ends big guy and you’re gunna find that their motives may not be your own,” Tony said in obvious irritation. “Doncha think you’re being a little unfair Tony?” James asked in a soft tone. “Am I Rhodie? I don’t see you working for them,” Tony said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Isabella was glad she had made a big lasagna. Between Steve, Tony, and James they could each eat a healthy amount. There was also fresh bread from a local bakery, a tossed salad, and wine. She had homemade Tiramisu for dessert. It pleased Isabella to know that they liked her cooking. There was a natural, maternal instinct in Isabella and she wanted to help and take care of the people around her. This extended to Steve and James. She always sent those two home with leftovers.

When she heard Steve announce that he was going to go work for SHIELD she could sense Tony tense up beside her. His feelings about SHIELD were quite clear. He didn't trust them...even though his father was a founding member of SHIELD. She glanced between Steve, James, and Tony and remained quiet for a while before the men glanced at her to see what her opinion was.

"Steve, I think you should do what your gut tells you to do. If you want to go work for SHIELD then I say you should do it."

She had her own reservations about SHIELD, although she was quite fond of Phil Coulson, but Steve needed to form his own opinion based off of his own decisions. He was an adult, not a child. She understood his need though to help people.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Tony eventually relented and said nothing more about SHIELD but he gave Isabella that look that they would have words later. Steve said something though. “Well, I don’t know what they do underground but if I can save lives and help people wearing my uniform again then I want to,” Steve said. “So I’d like to get my shield if I could Isabella,” Steve asked.

They ate and talked for a while and then Steve had to get going. Tony retrieved his shield for him and then James left soon after which left them alone.

“So you don’t care that he’s going to be working for the devil? Intentions alone, something my father found out the hard way, does not justify the lives that were lost by creating that unholy formula Isabella. Steve is going to put himself out there. The formula is in his blood and everyone will know it,” Tony said but he almost was shouting at her which was rare for him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Isabella packed up leftovers for both Steve and James and after James left Isabella began to clean up and load the dishwasher. She sighed when she heard what Tony said. He rarely shouted at her, but he was nearly shouting tonight, which Isabella didn’t care for.

“Steve is a grown man who can make his own decisions. I trust his judgment. I have my own reservations about SHIELD but Steve needs to figure out what they are about on his own. Steve can also take care of himself. I don’t know what you want me to do. We can’t just keep him locked away.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 am

Tony just waved off what she said. No one understood the implications of the super soldier serum falling into the wrong hands. He stepped up to the bar and made himself a tall drink of scotch then moved to his lab. It didn’t feel right blaming her for what was going to happen but in many ways he wished she had left Rogers in that ice.

That night Tony did not come to bed. When she woke up the clock on her bedside table said 2:30am and he still hadn’t come up. Tony busied himself with working on what he called a medical AI program for the tower that he was having built. He wanted to have an infirmary of his own, one with what he called a ‘biobed’ that could diagnose and repair almost any kind of wound from burns to bullet wounds to cuts and abrasions. He was writing code as he reviewed several different medical texts. He likely had years before it would be anything but he didn’t want to talk about ‘Steve Rogers’ or even think about him anymore. He was ashamed of his father for making the serum. And everyone who died because of it only increased that feeling in him. No one understood that and he doubted anyone could.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:44 am

When Isabella went to bed that night she was alone. This wasn’t entirely unusual. Tony worked odd hours but he usually cane to bed at some point. So when she woke up at 2:30 that morning and he wasn’t there she was surprised. She had a feeling he was still upset about Steve. She got up and walked down to the lab. She found him there working on a feature to the medical bay he had talked to her about. At first she thought about talking to him about Steve, but she decided against it. Instead, she walked over to him and sat down near him.

“How’s the biobed coming? Can I help you at all with it?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:54 am

“Not unless you know how to code or have a doctorate’s degree in emergency medicine that you didn’t tell me about?” he asked. When she shook her head he nodded and went back to it. She could see he was tired. His eyes were red from reading. “The OSA have ordered several sub explorers if you were wondering,” he said though even that hadn’t seemed to lift his spirits. Tony was just doing something to occupy himself, she’d see his heart really wasn’t into what he was actually doing. They hadn’t put the suits on in weeks because there was nothing that they needed to respond to in weeks.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 am

Isabella sighed as she looked at her husband. She could tell he was tired. He needed rest and she hated this wedge that she felt was being driven between them. She wanted to feel reconnected to him...spiritually and physically.

She stood up and walked over to him. She lightly ran her fingers through his hair...in the way she did when she was thinking about sex.

“Come to bed Tony.” When he looked at her she gave him a little smile. “I’ll make it worth your while.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum