The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the Bough Breaks (September 2015)

2 posters

Go down

When the Bough Breaks (September 2015) Empty When the Bough Breaks (September 2015)

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm

A year had passed and Serena and Peter were happier than ever. Peter had moved into her room and they were now fully living together. They worked and trained together and ran experiments in the lab together. Once a week they went out on an official date together and Serena was starting to believe he might be close to proposing. However, she wasn’t in any rush and was perfectly happy with the way things were.

Serena was slowly starting to come to terms with everything that had happened. It was often difficult for her mentally to know that she had lived an entirely different life and to know what the future might hold. However, it was her body more than anything else that had been affected. Her cycle was messed up still even though she was on the pill. She and Peter were careful but it still concerned her somewhat. The last few days she had been feeling sluggish and overly tired.

That morning she woke up suddenly feeling very nauseous. She just barely made it to the bathroom before becoming sick. Peter was already up and gone. More often than not he woke up before she did. She decided she must be coming down with something and she dressed and went down to the medical suite for a biobed checkup. She didn’t want to overly worry Peter.

She laid down on the bed and spoke to Jarvis.

“Jarvis, run a full scan body scan.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

When the Bough Breaks (September 2015) Empty Re: When the Bough Breaks (September 2015)

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:52 pm

“Good morning Serena, Lets see what’s going on. Please lie back and expose your left arm and place your wrist on the wrist pad,” Jarvis said though Serena had done this dozens of times. A small white arm came down and settled over her wrist to hold it in to place than a slider came out over her forearm and pierced her skin and took blood samples.

While that was going on the bed took her temperature, blood pressure and her pulse which she could see on a small screen that faced her.

“You appear to have deficiencies in Iron and Calcium, very common with expecting mothers. May I send a prescription for prenatal vitamins to your pharmacy now? And congratulations on your pregnancy as this is the first time On record that I’ve examined you in the state,” Jarvis said.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

When the Bough Breaks (September 2015) Empty Re: When the Bough Breaks (September 2015)

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Serena had used the biobed dozens of times and so she knew exactly what was going to happen. She was expecting Jarvis to tell her she had the flu or a stomach bug. She didn’t expect him to reveal that she was pregnant. She blinked and panic started to settle over her as she quickly sat up. Unfortunately, that caused her to become nauseous again, but she held down the contents of her stomach this time.

“No, no, no...I can’t be pregnant. Are you certain Jarvis?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

A larger white arm spun around from under the bed on her right and settled over her. It shifted up to her abdomen and then on the wall near the bed the flush screen there suddenly came alive. She could feel the sonic energy as it lightly tickled her middle and the image it created quickly flashed onto the screen. A small peanut sized mass was there and Jarvis zoomed in to highlight it without even her having to ask.

“I am 98.275 percent certain that you are in your 3rd week of pregnancy,” he said and gave her the nominal birth date. I am also 99.747 percent certain that Peter Parker is the father, shall I summon him now for you? I'm certain he will be delighted with the news.” Jarvis asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Serena looked over at the screen and tears came to her eyes as she saw the peanut sized mass in her abdomen. Unfortunately, her tears were not tears of joy. She and Peter weren’t ready for this yet. She wanted children, but she wanted time with Peter after they were married first. She needed to think this through and figure a few things out in her head first. She quickly shook her head.

“No, don’t call him. Thank you Jarvis.”

She stood up and headed upstairs to get dressed. She was still in shock and her mind was trying to process everything.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:30 pm

“Serena,” Kate called out to her as she saw her emerge from the medical bay but Serena didn’t seem to hear her. Kate saw the look on her face and Serena's expression was one of deep thought. She chuckled as she caught up to her and touched her arm. “Hey, I wasn’t certain if you heard me or not. I’ve seen that look before,” She smiled and then her eyebrows rose when Serena suddenly looked like a fox that didn’t know if she should go to ground or run. Kate chuckled again.

“Men can do that sometimes, lord knows Steve does it to me constantly. Despite the thousands of women who believe him to be ‘the’ perfect man he has his faults, I assure you,” she said. It was nice to be able to converse with Isabella and Serena like this though she rarely had a chance to talk to Serena woman to woman. “I was going to ask if you could watch William for a while this afternoon. Just an hour, maybe 2?” she asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Serena blinked when she suddenly felt Kate touch her arm. She looked over at her and stopped walking. She barely heard what Kate said. Her mind was still solely focused on what she had just learned. She finally realized that she had asked her to watch William. She slowly nodded.

“Uh, sure,” she finally said. She was quiet a moment but as Kate started to turn around to leave she spoke up. “Kate...can I talk to you about something?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Kate’s smile faded when she saw Serena’s expression. Serena was almost always in a good mood and it was a rare thing to see discontent on her face. “Sure Serena,” she said and looked around. “Your room?” She asked and with a nod she followed Serena to her room. With the door shut it was just the two of them but now Kate’s interest was peaked. “Are you alright Serena? You’re acting kind of...I don’t know, distracted I guess. Is everything ok between you and Peter? Everyone knows he worships you, did you two have a fight?” she asked as if she hoped she was wrong. She couldn’t imagine Peter fighting with her. In her mind he was much more likely to relent or give in to her instead of fighting with her because that's how Peter was.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Serena began to pace nervously in her room as soon as the door was closed. For a solid minute she couldn’t bring herself to speak because she knew as soon as she said it, it would be all too real. She finally forcefully her self to draw in a deep breath and just say it. She stopped pacing and stood in front of Kate.

“I’m pregnant. I just found out. I...I don’t know what I’m going to do. Peter and I aren’t even married yet and we are still young. I want children but not yet.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Of all the things she expected Serena to say, that wasn’t one of them. The pacing had begun to concern her though and it went on for some time. When she finally stopped and told her that she was pregnant Kate sat down on the desk just behind her.

“Pregnant...And you’re using birth control?” she asked. When Serena nodded Kate lowered her head and tapped the space in between her eyebrows. “So I guess Peter doesn’t know?” She asked and Serena shook her head. “Which means your parents don’t know either. Serena...I...I can only give you options here and I’m sure you know them already. If it’s still early you have time to think about it,” she said. She didn’t condone abortions herself but she’d never tell her that. Nor would she think less of her for that decision. She stood up.

“Regardless, soon you’ll need to go to see an Obstetrician,” she said. “I could hook you up with mine? She’s really good,” She said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Serena appreciated Kate’s help, but right now she didn’t want to think of OBGYs right now. She needed to get a grip on her emotions and figure out a plan and quick. She didn’t want to tell Peter yet, not when she wasn’t sure what she was going to do.

Later that afternoon Serena and Peter were watching William together. She clearly wasn’t herself, although she tried to fake it.

“How did your training with Steve go this morning?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Peter was playing matchbox cars with William and he had a little track that was like a slide for the cars. Peter would get the cars Nd William would put them up to slide down. He giggled happily when they slid down and crashed into a shoebox Peter has turned onto its side to catch the cars.

Peter shrugged. “It was alright, I missed you through,” he said as he spared a glance for her. He noticed something about her was off but he wasn’t one to push.

“I guess I’m a creature of habit, you weren’t there so we did something different today,” he said as he handed William a few more cars.

“Any ideas what you want for dinner? Or should I just go pick something up and we can...eat in tonight?” He said with a very suggestive wink and a very warm smile. Making love to Serena was still amazing like having your favorite candy and Peter had quite the appetite.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Serena normally enjoyed watching William and Peter play together. She would often imagine what their family would be like. However, today the joy she normally felt was replaced by anxiety and worry. She thought of telling Peter right now, but she just couldn’t do it.

“Yeah, I’m sorry I missed training this morning. I just wasn’t feeling well.”

She tried to think about dinner but nothing sounded good and she didn’t want to go out. “Let’s just stay in.”

For the next two days Serena agonized over what to do. No one other than Kate knew she was pregnant. She had finally made a decision that morning that she would just keep the baby and tell Peter. Peter was out doing some Spider-Man patrolling and her parents were out of town for a Stark Industries meeting. Serena was laying in bed when she suddenly began to feel horrible cramping in her abdomen. She got up and went to the bathroom...

A few minutes later she began calling for help.

“Kate!” she yelled out while sobbing. When Kate got there she would find Serena in the bathroom floor with a pool of blood beneath her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Kate jerked up from where she had been sitting next to Steve and Wili who was watching tv. Steve got up as will with William in tow and they both rushed over to Serena’s bedroom. Kate went in first but then turned quickly when she realized she was in the bathroom and held Steve up with a hand. “No, go back with Will Steve,” she said quickly then shit the door in his face and hustled over to her.

“Oh god,” she said as she immediately grabbed a towel from the rack and slapped it down onto the floor. She retrieved several more towels then helped Serena up into the toilet seat. “Your miscarrying Serena, trust me I know,” she said levelly as she continued to half wipe and half hold up Serena.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Serena was trembling and felt dizzy and sick. She was in shock, both from the blood loss, but also from what had happened. She was still crying as Kate tried to help her.

“It all happened so fast. I didn’t know what was happening.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

“Your going to be alright Serena, it’s going to be alright,” she said over and over. “It all just needs to come out now,” she said gently. Kate didn’t ask if she said anything to Peter. That was none of her business. After Serena was able to hold herself up she finished cleaning the floor. Then helped clean up Serena. “You should get into the shower honey,” she suggested.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Serena managed to get in the shower. Kate disposed of her clothes which were bloodstained. After Serena got out of the shower Kate helped her dress in some loose, comfortable clothes and got her some tea. Serena just sat in bed staring straight ahead for a while until Peter finally got back. As soon as he walked in he would know something was wrong. She was pale and looked sick.

“Peter...I have to tell you something...”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Peter has been out for hours and he was pretty tired and hungry when he had gotten home. Steve and William were eating something...cereal? He couldn’t be certain and he hadn’t seen Kate yet. He waved to them as he came into the elevator and headed straight to his and Serena’s room.

“Hey babe,” he said as he took off his shirt and then began to undress. He ditched his clothes into the hamper and was about to jump into the shower when he heard her voice. He turned quickly, snatched up a towel and threw it over himself as he came up to her.

“Uh, that’s a pretty serious ‘we need to talk’ Did I do something wrong?” He asked and sat down next to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Serena felt a few tears come to her eyes as Peter sat down next to her. She looked down and closed her eyes to keep herself from crying.

“I...I had a miscarriage today. I was pregnant. I was going to tell you today. I had known for a few days but I was scared and trying to figure everything out before telling you. But...I lost the baby.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Pure horror came over Peter’s face. Horror and a burst of fear as he took her into his armS. “Oh Serena, I’m so sorry!” He said trying to keep it together.his stomach was filled with butterflies. His shoulders jerked as he held back a sob and he issued her cheek. “Oh baby, I’m just glad your alright,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Serena leaned against Peter as he took her into his arms and she began to cry. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 pm

“Shhhh, shhh, it’s alright Serena,” he said softly. “Here, let’s lay down a while,” he said and laid with her while she cried. He stroked her hair and murmured soothing sounds until he felt her drift off to sleep.

The next morning he had gotten dressed but he didn’t leave her alone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Serena finally managed to fall asleep, but she didn’t sleep very well. She was plagued by nightmares, but Peter would soothe her back to sleep. The next morning she slowly woke up and found Peter was already up and dressed. She slowly sat up and looked at him.

“How long have you been awake?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:35 pm

“I...didn’t really sleep. And I noticed you sleeping rough...nightmares? I heard you murmuring. You want some breakfast? I can make you some toast and eggs,” he asked. “Some coffee?” He asked for himself he didn’t really know how to feel. He had to be strong for Serena. But he was worried that her parents would detect that something is wrong. He gestured to himself and then to the door asking her silently if she wanted anything.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down