The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Rising

2 posters

Go down

Solstice Rising Empty Solstice Rising

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:23 am

The suit was even sleeker and lighter than her older one was. Hank smiled with a look on his face that he was quite impressed. It had the full medical and science suites though she could see in the hud that all of the disposable weaponry had been removed. That made sense because she had no way to make them herself. She also saw that she could change her output energy type by just settling her eyes on one of the toggles in the virtual hud in her helmet. Looking at her HUD she also saw strong points added to the suit that appeared reinforced by adamantium. Where he got that she could not guess but she knew she could take much more punishment than before. She had nearly double the maneuvering jets than before and her jet boots had an addition of an afterburner. She had hours of sustained sealed systems so she could last for quite a while under water or even in space.

When she hit the pack and go toggle in her hud her suit began to contract Each piece folded in on itself until it was all packaged in a small, rectangular case about 1 foot thick. When she tried to pick it up, it was heavy but she could do it.

“Well I definitely want to be there to see the look on Scott’s face when you show up to training with that. You are going to use it?” Hank asked. He had heard of her falling out with her parents but he didn;t understand why she had tears in her eyes and he gave her a concerned look. “Serena, are you alright?” Hank asked concernedly then reached into his pocket and retrieved a white handkerchief for her.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Solstice Rising Empty Re: Solstice Rising

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:35 am

Serena was in absolute amazement at the new suit. It was...incredible. Her father had taken ideas she had shared with him and not only used those but perfected those ideas even more. She had a suit that was designed just for her and what she might need and clearly her father was anticipating that she was going to be remaining with the X-Men team.

She took the handkerchief from Hank and gently wiped away the tears from her eyes. “Yes, I’m fine. I just...I just wasn’t expecting this from my father after what happened between us.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 am

Hank smiled. “You are very lucky to have parents that love and support you...not all of us have that kind of support system,” he said and frowned at that. He certainly didn’t and alot of others, both young and old didn’t either.

At breakfast everyone sat with her. Colossus, Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, and even Rogue joined her. This was their team along with Scott himself but Scott never ate with them and Storm explained that he wants to but to retain that aire of leadership he just doesn’t. There were also rumors floating around about Jean Gray. She had been having nightmares but Charles has been very hushed on what was going on with her. Normally she would be in their team but she was so distraught that she had bowed out.

“I think today is the day,” Colossus said in his thick russian accent. “Oh, why do you think that Peter?” Gambit asked in between bites of his omelet. “Our Serena has much improved and she has a confident look in her eye,” He said. He was in his human form but he was still a mountain of a man. He nodded and smiled at her. “Scott’s only doing what Charles wants sugah, we have ta help this Peter Parker and they need her for that,” Rogue said and her smiled was not so friendly toward her. Gambit flashed her an angry look and Rogue immediately rolled her eyes and appeared to back off. Storm chimed in quickly after that.

“In any case, Scott is gearing up for something big. He’s drawn alot of power for the danger room. I’d say I agree with Colossus. So its in all of our interests to make certain she passes,” she said then Rogue suddenly winced and surreptitiously bent down closer to the table and began to rub her shin. Storm had kicked her but only Rogue knew that.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:11 am

Hank was the only one who knew about her suit. She was keeping it hidden for now and would reveal it later in the Danger Room. She was looking forward to the surprised look on Scott's face. Technically, her suit wasn't cheating the system. She had almost always used a suit, she just hadn't had one up until now. However, she knew that she would also need to be able to fight without one so she planned on continuing that training as well. She knew that they were running out of time to find Peter and help him and she desperately wanted to do that. Despite everything that had recently happened she did still love Peter very much and she wanted to know he was alright. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she had been able to do something to help him and hadn't. Today would be her final test and she was determined to pass. She knew a lot of people were counting on her and had put in time and effort and she didn't want to let them down.

Serena glanced at Rogue, but tried to keep her expression neutral. However, the tension between Rogue and herself was palpable. She had not gone after Gambit, he had come to her and she was willing to step away if he decided to go back to Rogue. However, that choice was his. She wasn't going to make things worse between Rogue and herself though since they had to work together and so she didn't respond to her obvious jabs at her.

"I'm pretty certain I can pass," she said, not wanting to be overly confident. "Scott and I have been working a lot together and I have another Ace up my sleeve," she said with a little smile to Gambit.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm

“Team Alpha, please report to the Danger Room,” Came over the intercom and Nightcrawler smiled at Serena. A knowing smile. A decidedly confident smile. Kurt believed in her in every way that a person could believe in a friend. She had given him no reason for doubt but considering the others rarely spoke to him they still relied on him as part of the team. His abilities were actually quite useful and often, as in a game of chess, setting your knights on the board where they were needed then replacing the enemies knights with pawns...whenever it was needed was was extremely useful. Scott had devised defenses for that but often Kurt was to quick for the sentinels to phase enough so he could not touch them. The sentinels they were fighting increased in their ability and knowledge of how to defeat them. And they acted often as a team.

Everyone went to change and they met up in the Danger room’s lobby. Everyone was surprised to see Serena in a suit. Though Gambit didn’t seem to be. He only smiled and chuckled as if he suspected she might pull a rabbit like this out of her hat. He knew her after all. Up in the control room Scott craned his neck forward to look at the team. Charles was there along with Hank and Jean. “Uh, what is she wearing?” Scott asked and Charles smiled as he wheeled up and looked down into the room. “I told you she would surprise you Scott. I think perhaps you might consider raising the difficulty level,” Charles said. Scott nodded. “I think you’re right,” he said and pushed it to level 8. Colossus grinned at Serena. “Her name is Solstice,” Gambit said as he sat relaxedly on a bench that sat against the wall. “And you can bet this delay has Scott turning up the heat on us,” he said. The door finally opened and they entered one by one...

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Serena breathed out as she put on her suit. She knew that everyone's eyes were going to be on her today and that she needed to succeed. She needed to not only prove to herself that she could function as apart of another team, and be an integral part of their successes, but she also needed to do this for Peter. She had seen him in his new suit and she knew his capabilities better than anyone else. She needed to be there.

She saw everyone look at her as she walked into the Danger Room with her new suit. Gambit only smiled a knowing smile at her. She suddenly found she was rather nervous, but having him there helped to ease those nerves. She saw Rogue roll her eyes at her, but once again she ignored her. She refused to give her anything to use against her. As the door finally opened Serena activated her helmet and her HUD display appeared.

Serena was not only fast, but she was accurate. The suit enabled her to more effectively utilize her powers and conserve her energy. She was also able to fly. The suit functioned much like her other suit, but to an even greater extent. She was confident, but she never let her guard down. She was also able to better assist her teammates through the HUD readings. It didn't take long for the team to defeat all of the Sentinels.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 pm

Everyone hooped and hollered as the last Sentinel went down. It was a resounding victory and Scott actually smiled as he watched them. Colossus picked her up and put her on his massive shoulder like she was practically weightless for him. Even Rogue seemed to feel the moment and she cheered as well. They all did.

They were given the rest of the day to rest ofcourse. Tomorrow morning was the real thing Scott said and Sitrep was going to be at 6am. As they walked out Gambit helped her carry her packed suit as they climbed the stairs back to her room.

“I think you destroyed the danger room. When Logan was here just for fun he’d take all the safeties off until someone found out what he was doing. Sounds like Natalya has him on a pretty short leash now,” Gambit said as they moved down the hall. “I asked if I could take you out tonight but Charles said no. Want to go anyway?” Gambit asked and twerked his eyebrows. “I know a place!” He said and chuckled like it was old times.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Serena had been elated by their success. They had worked together better than they ever had and she was pleasantly surprised to find that Rogue joined in the celebration. She was even more pleased to see Scott actually smile at them.

Serena smiled at Gambit as they walked back towards her room. She had not heard too many stories about Logan’s time here and laughed at what Gambit told her. “That sounds like him.”

They had reached her bedroom door when Gambit asked if she wanted to sneak out that night. She smiled as she thought about it and did consider it for a moment but then she shook her head.

“Charles has done a lot for me and took a risk in taking me in. I don’t want to betray his trust. Could we do something else and stay here?” she asked, really wanting to spend some more time with him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Gambit’s eyebrows drew up as they entered her room and he set down her suit case. “Well, I could think of something,” he said suggestively and his eyes moved down to her breasts. “I guess it all depends on how long you can keep me in your bed,” He said. She might not have meant sex but it was definately on the table now. That and he definitely wanted to ‘congratulate her’ properly.

He kissed between her breasts as his hand fondled her perfectly erect nipples. He shifted further down to her stomach and he felt her giggle as his mouth and tongue tickled her as he drew to far to the left or the right. He could see the muscles in her mid section. She had the beginning of a six pack and he smiled when he felt her flex there. He drew his hands down her body to her hips as he reached her pelvic bone and then he brought his hands down to gently force her legs apart. He felt her whole body twitch as he began and then the moaning and uncontrolled twitching started.

Gambit did not stop until she had released and he flipped her over onto her stomach and climbed atop her. He didn’t have any trouble sliding in and then they began to move and moan together…

A considerable amount of time later he washed her hair in the shower. It was another thing he liked to do to show her how much he loved her as well as brushing her hair out at night as well. With a towel on her body and one on her head Gambit sat behind her and massaged her shoulders. Her flesh was silky from the cream she always put on after she took a shower and ever so often he bent down and kissed her shoulders or her neck.

“Is the reason you don’t think we belong together because I don’t want children Serena? What if i said I would consider it now?” Gambit asked out of the blue. He had been thinking about that since she came to the mansion and now he wondered if it was such a high price anymore if it meant he could keep her. He had fallen for her all over again and the thought of losing her again made his stomach want to do somersaults.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Serena was quite relaxed and she sighed out of contentment as Gambit massaged her shoulders and kissed her neck. She was getting hungry and would need to eat something shortly but for now she didn’t want to leave her room, nor Gambit’s company. His question however made her open her eyes and she was quiet for a moment before responding.

“I’m in love with you and with Peter,” she told him honestly. “Trying to choose between the two of you is like trying to choose between water or air. I need you both but I know I can’t have you both. I do want children eventually. That wish will never change.” She turned around and looked at him. “Do you not love Rogue?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Gambit didn’t stop what he was doing. He was nearly as relaxed as she was. “You see, its not like that. Rogue and I were kinda forced together. Mainly by those people who raised us. They expect alot and both of us never really had a chance to have anything happen organically. When its forced like that it just isnt the same. Well we’re out of…’that’ mess and we’re here. So do I love her? I care about here, what happens to her and I want to see her succeed but romantically? Sometimes I guess we come together when we’re lonely. But its not like you and me Serena,” Gambit said honestly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Serena listened to what he said. "Well, I'm not sure that she feels the same way as you. She really doesn't seem to like me and she told me that you two belong together. I really don't want to make an enemy of her."

She was quiet a moment before asking him something she had been wanting to ask him for a while. "Where did you go after you left the Tower?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:58 pm

“I went to Atlantic City, won a bunch of money then traveled West for a time. Spent some time in New Orleans. I met up with Rogue again there and the Guild. Rogue and I...had to fight our way out...and then Storm found us and brought us here,” he said. “You see they want us to ‘mend’ some ridiculous rift between the 2 guilds. But neither of us never asked to be taken from our families like we were. We deserve the freedom to choose and so we have. We fought because we know who we are,” he said as he continued to ply his thumbs to the edge of her shoulders and back.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Serena loved the feel of Gambit's hands on her flesh. He always knew exactly where to touch her and how. She never had to tell him what she wanted. He just knew.

"So what exactly do you want in your life? I don't mean me. Do you want to stay with the X-Men or do you see yourself leaving at some point and, if so, where would you go or what would you do?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Gambit tried to think about that. He knew he didn’t want to be dodging bullets and fighting scum for the rest of his life. But he also knew that without that adrenaline rush, without the excitement and the danger, he might grow bored and restless.

“I don't think I really decided on one particular place. Wherever I’m needed I guess. Do you see yourself living in that tower forever? There are alot of beautiful places in the world. And we wont be young forever,” he said. “But...with you...I can see alot more than without you,” He admited. He would have gone on to say marriage and children but he didnt want her to think that he would say that just because he knew that was what she wanted.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Serena felt her heart being torn in two. She still loved Peter, but she also truly loved Gambit. She would never be able to deny that in her heart. She felt confused and didn't want to hurt either man. "I don't know what I want yet," she admitted softly. "The picture still isn't clear in my head."

After a moment of silence she looked over her shoulder at him. "I'm starting to get hungry. We should get something to eat."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Gambit refrained from pressing her further on this. He might have to make a move eventually. One that she can either turn him down or not. He didn’t think she’s accept anything less and he actually liked that about her.

Together they headed toward the cafeteria. Once there they saw lots of different people. Mostly kids for the evening meal. Many of them knew Gambit and they waved at him and he waved and smiled back. He was behind her in the line and was wondering what he wanted from the selections.

Jean Gray was there to with Scott and she was watching Serena like a hawk it seemed to him. “She’s kinda freaking me out lately,” Gambit said softly to Serena. “She keeps going on about Pharaoh and she’s never met the man. Why do you think that is?” he asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:51 pm

By the time they got dressed and headed down to the cafeteria Serena was quite hungry. Between all the activity she had done today she had worked up an appetite. She selected the chicken option, a salad, and a cookie for dessert. Serena still had quite the sweet tooth. She glanced back at Gambit when he mentioned Jean Gray and then glanced over at the table where she was sitting.

"Well, I seem to remember Logan saying something about Pharaoh mentioning her name some weeks ago, but he was apparently rather incoherent about what it was all about. Clearly something is going on though. Should we go over and sit with them?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Gambit shrugged and finished getting the catfish option with the spicy rice and asparagus. He saw her take a cookie and he took one then set it onto her plate as well. He loved 2 things. Spice and Bourbon so all of the sweet stuff was hers as far as he was concerned and she hadn't complained yet.

He sat down next to Scott which left a spot for Serena next to Jean. “Hey Scott, Jean,” he said and noticed Jean looking at Serena as if she didn’t know who she was.

“Hey there,” Scott said and smiled politely at Serena. “You decimated my final exam and nearly destroyed the danger room...congratulations,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Serena smiled a little at Gambit when she saw him slide another cookie onto her plate. She wasn't going to turn it down. She figured she had earned it today. Serena walked with Gambit over to the table where Scott and Jean were sitting.

"Do you mind if we join you?"

Scott shook his head and she took a seat next to Jean. She gave a little laugh. "You did tell me to step it up...so I did."

She looked over at Jean. "I'm Serena Stark," she said as she extended a hand in greeting.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:49 pm

As jean’s hand met with Serena’s Serena was suddenly no longer where she had been…

The skyscrapers that used to be all over New York City were now piles of bent, rusted metal and concrete. The sky was dark clouds as far as she could see and where The Stark Tower used to be was now a hulking ruin. Lightning flashed across the horizon and the smell of burned flesh and ash permeated the sky.

Jean let go of her hand and Serena was back in the cafeteria and feeling as if she was about to sick up.

“Serena?” Gambit asked as The room had begun to spin. “Serena!” She thought she heard before everything went dark…

There was light suddenly and muffled sounds as if she had just breached the top of a lake or a pool. “I think she’s coming to,” Gambit said and he helped her to sit up. She was surrounded by people and kids but Scott, Jean and Gambit were right there. “Serena, what happened darlin?” Gambit asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Serena's eyes slowly fluttered open. The winced against the harsh light, but then blinked a few times and managed to keep her eyes open. She felt nauseous, dizzy, and both hot and cold at the same time. She slowly realized that she was on the floor in the cafeteria. Above her she saw the faces of Scott, Jean, and Gambit. With Gambit's help she slowly sat up and he kept an arm around her to support her. Her face was pale and she was trembling.

"It was...a vision. I could see New York City, but it was a pile of rubble. I even saw the Avengers Tower and it was in ruins. I could actually smell burned flesh and ash."

She looked at Jean. "Did you see it too?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum