The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What It All Means

2 posters

Go down

What It All Means Empty What It All Means

Post by Conleth Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:36 pm

The next few hours several nurses in white uniforms came in and out and Evan was hooked up to more machines. A crash cart was brought in and he was hooked up to an IV and a heart monitor that beeped. His blood pressure was dangerously low and he no longer opened his eyes. To Natalya he’d look extremely pale and his veins seemed to bulge with the blackness of the Dark matter Ether that was killing him. Marantha was there but stood back near the table. She wore a dark blue dress that hugged her curves and a white shawl. Dimitri came in with a small, metal case and another doctor Natalya had never seen before. While he began to take Evan’s vitals Dimitri moved to give Marantha a hug but was met with a kiss and a bit more as Marantha greeted him warmly.

“You’re going to save our son today Dimitri, Do not look so worried,” she said calmly. However she was far from calm. She had birthed him from her body and witnessed every moment of his growth. To say she was attached to him was an understatement. Being apart from him was difficult but like any other parent she let go and let him be the man he is now. Dimitri opened the case and removed the large, metal syringe. He looked over at Natalya.

“Natalya, Evan is going to be in alot of pain,you don’t have to witness this if you don’t want to,” he said. “And ofcourse, I can’t even be certain it will work. Or what the injection will do to him,” He said. Marantha wondered herself what concoction Dimitri had created and why he needed Natalya’s blood to make it. She didn’t speak her concerns though. She sighed and observed silently. “We’re ready Dimitri,” The doctor said and a nurse moved and began to prepare the crash cart.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

What It All Means Empty Re: What It All Means

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Natalya just stayed near Evan and held his hand. If these were to be her last hours with him she wanted to be near him the entire time. She studied his face closely, taking in every detail and memorizing it. She remained by his side as the nurses began to come in and out and began to hook him up to more machines. She took little notice of them or what they were doing until a crash cart was brought in. Just looking at it caused a lump in Natalya's throat. She had only just begun to understand this love she was feeling and soon it might all be lost. She knew there could never possibly be anyone else she would love. Evan was it and would always be the only one, no matter what happened today.

Finally Marantha and then Dimitri and another doctor walked in. Natalya was forced to move back away from Evan, though she didn't want to. She noticed that Dimitri had with him and large case and from it he pulled out a large, metal syringe. She wondered what injection Evan was going to be given and whether he had found anything in her blood. However, now was not the time to ask. She refused to leave, wanting to be there with him no matter what occurred. She stayed back, but kept her eyes on Evan.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Finally Dimitri took up the syringe and let a small amount of liquid squirt out in case there might be an air bubble inside the syringe. Certain he was ready the nurses pulled up the leather straps from the sides of the bed and secured Evan’s wrists and ankles securely in them. The doctor put something in Evan’s mouth to prevent him from swallowing or biting his tongue during this procedure. More SHIELD guards positioned themselves outside and all inside could see them through the frosted glass though only their shapes.

“Im...frightened,” Marantha said from where she stood but her voice still sounded calm. “So am I,” Dimitri said grimly and shifted toward the IV. He began to press the greenish liquid into the IV and soon the clear line of liquid that flowed into Evan’s arm became green. It took a full minute for Dimitri to push the whole syringe into the IV line but to everyone watching, nothing looked as if anything was happening.

The moment Evan lost consciousness he suddenly became aware that he was no longer in the SHIELD Infirmary. He was in a place he didn’t recognize. The floor beneath him was cool as marble was cool and smooth too to the touch. It was completely dark here and even his ability to see in the dark didn’t seem to be able to cut through...whatever this was.

“Hello?” He called out but his voice didn’t seem to carry very far. And even to his own ears his voice sounded stifled and closed in. “Hello!?” He called out louder but even his shout died just a few feet from where he was. He could feel no walls or ceiling, only the floor. And then there was another sensation that came over him, movement. All around him he sensed that there were beings but each time he reached outward into the blackness that surrounded him he thought they avoided his touch. “Where am I?” He called out into the blackness. There was no reply but he knew who or whatever they were they were aware of him. Had he died and he was stuck in some form of purgatory? He didn’t know and the thought made him upset and angry. Natalya was with him and he honestly felt as if he had begun to make some sort of impression upon her. He had tried not to force anything between them but she was so unbelievably gorgeous and he felt as if she really needed him. “This can’t be it!” He yelled angrily and moved in one direction for a time. And then another and another. But it was always the same. Blackness and the sense that he wasn’t alone. And then a jolt of pain knocked him onto the hard floor…

“Arrrrrrckkkk!” Evan croaked as his body was wracked with pain. He convulsed as the serum began to course through his body. He bit onto the leather rod hard and his whole body tried to curve upward. He seemed to stay that was as he exhaled and then he fell back to the bed, As soon as he did that the heart monitor went to a straight line and the beeping turned into a stead wail.And then everything began to happen at once. The doctor, Dimitri and the nurses began to work on him. One gave him breaths while Dimitri did chest compressions as the nurse prepared the shock paddles.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Natalya could only stand back and watch in silence as Dimitri pushed the liquid from the syringe into the IV. She held her breath as she watched it make its way through the tubing and then into his body. At first nothing seemed to happen and she wasn't sure if whatever it was was going to work. But then she suddenly saw him move violently and convulse. Then, to her horror he fell back onto the bed and the heart monitor suddenly went into a straight line as he began to crash. She felt sick and tears came to her eyes. She instinctively pulled his leather jacket tighter around her, his scent drifting up into her nose. She then closed her eyes and turned her head away, unable to watch anymore.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Marantha began to speak in an odd language as if she were saying some kind of prayer for him. Dimitri pounded on Evan’s chest as the nurse yelled “Clear!” Everyone pulled back as she hit him with the paddles. His body convulsed but settled back and the blue and red lines on the monitor lurched but went back to a straight line again. Once more they began compressions as they waited for the paddles to charge up again.

In the darkness Evan felt at his chest. Whatever had happened it hurt...alot. “The Ether is part of you Evan Darksoul,” A voice hissed from the darkness. He could barely make out a woman’s form as she was huddled over him. Her legs and arms were bent at odd angles and her hair moved as if she were suspended in water. “It will no longer serve them or lead them to what they seek,” She cackled as if she were a crazy crone or witch. She took in his scent and nearly fell over in ecstasy from it. “Who are you, where am I?” He asked.

In the room the paddles were ready. “Clear!” The nurse yelled again and everyone backed off as she jolted him again. His body convulsed but then settled back again. There was no change and the nurse flashed Dimitri and consoling look. Dimitri continued compressions but the other doctor leaned back from giving Evan mouth to mouth. “Dimitri...he’s…” He began. “He’s my son!” Dimitri said as tears rolled down his cheeks. He leaned back and shook Evan. “Come back god damn you!” He shouted.

“Who we are is not important...What you seek is...Find the Stone Dark one,” She said and others close to him leaned in and inhaled his scent then leaned back relishing the sensation. He wasn’t certain if what they were doing was smelling him or or this was all just his interpretation of what they were actually doing. “Find it, find it, find it!” They all said in unison as pain wracked him once more.

Dimitri turned to look at Marantha who took a step forward toward Evan. “Fight son...fight Evan!” She said urgently. No one but she seemed to notice the Veins in his face, neck and chest were now no longer black and bulged out onto the surface of his flesh.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Natalya closed her eyes tighter as she heard the sounds of Dimitri and the doctor and nurses fighting to save him. She wanted to leave, but she forced herself to stay. Why had she allowed herself to get this close to him? The pain she felt inside her heart hurt more than any torture she had ever received. It was a deep...soul crushing hurt that also brought her physical pain. Evan had been the only person to ever show her any kind of kindness. In such a short amount of time he had changed her...changed her life.

She finally forced herself to turn and without thinking about what she was doing she moved closer to him. She found a place out of the way of everyone else and she slowly reached out and took his hand into her own. She didn't look at anything but his face.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 am

In all of the commotion, the heart monitor that had been attached to a finger on his right hand had come off. As Natalya moved up to him Evan felt someone take up his hand in theirs. However he didn’t need his eyes open to know who it was. Natalya had stayed with him! That was a surprise and also not one at all. He recalled her being there almost every moment. If he didn’t ‘see’ her he sensed she was there. His eyes fluttered open and their eyes met. The pain he felt, the agony that made his blood boil didn’t show at all upon his face as he looked deeply into her eyes. Where his had been dark, almost black. They were now wreathed in a deep, violet that was possibly always there but more profound now. Despite his pain he smirked at her. Almost the same smirk he gave her when they were in his apartment. She’d know then that he was thinking about sex. The man almost died and having sex with her is what he thought about.

Marantha smiled brightly, her cheeks glistened with tears as did his father’s. His mother beamed with pride at her son. As if he had passed some impossible test. Dimitri just plainly looked relieved and thank you’s and happy and relieved faces filled the other’s faces as they took his vitals and determined that he was going to be alright. After a few more minutes the others left the room and it was just the 4 of them left there. Dimitri stood up and moved to hug Marantha. She kissed him and he kissed her back. “You did well my love,” She whispered in his ear but he just shook his head. “No...no this was Evan’s doing. I just gave him a chance to do it,” He said modestly. “Come, I need coffee,” He said as Marantha took his hand. And then it was just the two of them.

“I knew you were here...I don’t know how but i just knew,” He whispered to Natalya. Pulses of pain cascaded through his body but defiantly he outwardly ignored it. She would have after all and he didn’t want her to think he was weak.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 am

Natalya was thinking that these were going to be the last moments Evan was going to be alive and she had just wanted to be with him up until the end. She had not thought that her touch might actually help him. But suddenly, she felt his hand tighten slightly in her own. She could sense something had changed and it was then that she realized she no longer heard the heart monitor at all. It had gone silent. Natalya held her breath and to her absolute relief she saw Evan's eyes suddenly flutter open and look deeply into her own. The fear and then relief was evident in her own and she was surprised to see how different his eyes looked. The violet that had been there was suddenly much deeper and brighter, but they were still Evan's. As everyone breathed a sigh of relief she saw something...a slight smirk on his face that caused her to smile and shake her head because she knew what that meant!

She moved back temporarily to allow his parents room to see and speak to him, but she remained close. However, after they were gone she moved back over and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I've been here almost the entire time," she told him. "At first I was being held in a cell, but your mother arranged my release and for me to be here with you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Evan licked his lips, they were very dry and parched. He squeezed her hand when he felt an increase in the pain but she didn’t seem to notice that. “Well you still could have left if you wanted I bet. Take out a few guards and leave. But you didn’t...you stayed...I guess that means either you think we make a pretty good team...or that maybe you’ve decided that you have feelings for me,” Evan said in between labored breaths. He was beginning to fail in his attempt to ignore the pain. Normally he would have loved what was happening and teased her a little about it all as was his way but his entire body hurt as his blood began to turn to normal. And then he realized something, his hair was much shorter than it had been!

He groaned. “She cut my hair...didn’t she?” He asked but he was only able to pull his arm from under the blanket then lay it down on his chest. It was hardly the time to become self-conscious about something like that but he was. ‘She’ was looking at him after all. Did she like it? His mother was pretty good at grooming him but he had wanted to grow it out. She didn’t like it long on him and completely took advantage.

“Did we get em?” He asked as his gaze shifted back to her eyes. She had wonderful eyes and full lips that were perfect for kissing. The thought made his cheeks flush.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Natalya could see he needed some water, but he seemed to need her to stay right next to him at that moment so she didn't move. She felt him squeeze her hand and it brought her comfort to know that he was going to be alright. She watched him and could see in his eyes that he was in pain, but he was trying to ignore it. However, he was starting to fail. She had no plan to leave him, however. She would stay by him as long as he needed her to.

"Corvus got away," she told him quietly as she reached over and gently ran her fingers through his shortened hair. It was a very affectionate gesture for her. A clear sign that she did have feelings for him...strong feelings. "As soon as you broke the cylinder he disappeared. The Black Soldiers that were there all...dissolved is the best way to describe it."

She then got up and walked over and poured some water into a glass. She walked back over and sat back down to help him drink some.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Evan tilted up slightly and took the straw gingerly between his lips and sucked down a bit of water then laid back again. He wondered if he should tell Natalya about those odd people he saw when he was out but he was concerned they were just his imagination. Still, things about that encounter made him feel as if they weren’t just in his head. They knew him or knew of him and of the Reality Stone. “Now perhaps...when I’m feeling better, we can figure out what they wanted with the Dark Matter. Now that it's inside me, maybe it will help us in some way,” he said and felt himself drifting off. “Anything with sugar in it...would be grand,” Evan said sleepily. He tried to stay there with her but he was so tired his consciousness slipped away from him. His hand went limp in hers as he fell into a deep sleep.

The next day Evan still slept quite a bit. His color had returned but he was still very weak. Marantha stopped by for a while and so did his father. After they left them alone Natalya noticed that Evan’s small pitcher and cup were bone dry and usually when he woke up he drank as much as he could before he was out again. As she opened the door to step out into the hall she overheard Marantha and Dimitri talking and paused a moment.

“How could they have gotten that?” Marantha asked softly. Her back was to the hallway wall and Dimitri stood just in front of her in his lab coat. His hands were in his pockets as they spoke. “I don’t know, nor do I know how the SSB put something like that into her system. It’s a complicated process and I think they did it when she was little. I can’t be certain though, no one has ever tested the effects of the super soldier formula on small children. Or even if there is any relationship between dosage and mass.

“Could there be a mistake Dimitri? In your findings, I mean,” Marantha asked. “No, all of the Genomes for the formula were present and it’s not like we haven’t seen it before. It’s impossible to reproduce and as it turned out, I didn’t need to. I just needed to begin the reaction, not see it through. There is no mistake Marantha,” He said confidently. “That’s how she can move and fight like she does,” he added.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Natalya stayed with Evan all night. She slept easier knowing that he was alive. No one knew what the long term effects of the Dark Matter would be on him, but they would take it day by day. That was all they could do. Natalya ensured that Evan got what he wanted and needed and made sure his water glass was always filled and within reach. So when she walked into his room and saw the pitcher was empty she picked it up and started to walk out of the room to refill it. As she opened the door she heard the unmistakable sounds of Dimitri and Marantha’s voices. She paused, not wanting to interrupt them, but something about their conversation caught her attention and she began to listen more closely. When she heard the SSB mentioned she knew they were talking about her, but what was it they were discussing. But then she heard it...”super soldier serum”. She had of course heard of it before. Everyone in the world knew Captain America and he had been created using that serum. During her entire life she had never known that that same serum flowed within her veins. She had always understood that she had been “created” but somehow knowing that this serum was in her blood made her stomach turn. She was an experiment...nothing more. They had never given her a chance at a normal life. They had taken everything from her and the feeling left her empty. She had always thought her abilities the result of intense training, but it was a lie. She hated them all.

As Dimitri and Marantha walked away, Natalya stepped into another room to be alone. The room was filled with supplies and other equipment. Natalya stood there trying to breathe and calm down. She was in shock and needed to get control of herself. Then it happened. Like the water in a dam being let loose, a flood of horrific memories came flooding back into her mind. She had buried them deep inside her...not wanting to remedy the truly gruesome things that had been done to her. But now they came rushing back all at once. Natalya dropped the pitcher and it crashed to the floor and shattered. Suddenly, in a fit of rage and despair Natalya began to destroy the room she was in. She threw glass beakers against the wall and overturned tables. She picked up and hurled equipment, smashing them into pieces. She was so angry that she wanted to destroy the world.

Down the hall Alyssa came running with five other agents. They had seen her on one of the cameras and each had their gun drawn. Natalya heard them come up. Her back was to them. Blood dropped down her arms from the broken glass, but that pain was insignificant compared to what she felt inside. That pain was like a fire burning her from the inside out. It hurt like nothing she had ever felt before and she wanted it to end.

“Do it.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 am

Evan’s mouth formed into a smile as he closed his eyes. He was so tired and his entire body hurt! Natalya just being close to him gave him comfort. And a sense that, perhaps, they might grow to become good friends. He had strong feelings for her already and he liked to please her. Somehow pleasing her in some small way, took her mind off of the past. At least he hoped it was so. He wasn’t certain when it started, he was half in and out of consciousness, he started to become aware of her. Not all at once to be sure but little by little he felt her there, somewhere in the back of his head. Was this some strange side effect from the serum his father created from her blood? He didn’t know but he liked this feeling. Until he felt her rage and outrage.

It was like a gong went off or a firework. Extreme rage and anger and disgust. Feels of remorse and sadness and loneliness. He imagined it was as if someone had betrayed him in the worst possible way but it was oddly distant, her feelings not his. Whatever was happening the few guards that ran by in the hall made Evan believe that something had gone seriously wrong. With great effort and several groans of pain he sat up in his bed and called the shadows around him to him.

Alyssa held up her hand to the guards but it was obvious they wanted to shoot. No one, including her understood what was happening or why Natalya was in such a rage but she was. She was deadly with her hands and everyone knew that but just days ago Alyssa had worked with her to force Corvus’s retreat. “If anyone pulls a trigger, they’ll have to answer to ME!” Alyssa said warningly then turned to focus her attentions back on Natalya.

“Natalya...what’s wrong? Why are you doing this?” She asked urgently. She had her sidearm in his hands but held it down at the floor before her.  

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 am

The pain Natalya was feeling wasn't physical, but it hurt her physically. She had thought that perhaps she could have a normal life now that she was away from the SSB. Those thoughts had been foolish. She would never have the chance at a "normal" life. Not with what they had done to her. She was an experiment gone wrong...barely even human. Perhaps Evan had been right in thinking she was nothing more than a killing machine. The pain was too much and Natalya wanted it to end. She couldn't explain it to Alyssa, or anyone else for that matter. It was beyond explanation...beyond reasonable thought.

When she began to realize that they might not shoot her as she wanted them to she began to think that she would have to take matters into her own hands. She spotted a long, very sharp shard of thick glass on the floor near her feet. She reached down and picked it up. She could hear the agents shifting behind her and knew they were thinking she was going to use it upon them. That was not her intent at all. Her only thought as she looked at the glass shard was of Evan and how she had thought she could finally be happy. She had realized though that her life had been robbed entirely of any happiness and she could not allow him to waste his happiness upon her. She was a lost cause. Tears began to slip down her cheeks as she thought about the love she felt for him and how she would never be able to actually tell him those words. If she had a single regret that was it.

As she lifted up the glass shard she gripped the opposite end with both hands, intent on using as much force as she could. And as she aimed the shard towards her stomach it would become immediately clear she intended not to use it on them...but on herself.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed May 02, 2018 11:56 am

Alyssa holstered her weapon and took a step toward Natalya. Her face held a deep concern for her even though she wasn’t certain how she felt about her right then. SSB agents, her included, had killed SHIELD agents and soldiers. Some she knew and one had been someone she knew intimately. But she knew Evan too and if he saw something in her, she felt she needed to try as well. She held her hand up, her palm toward her.

“Natalya...whatever is happening, whatever this is, we can help you!” She said in a quick burst of words. “Please, put the glass down,” she added in a softer voice.

Evan fell into the shadow that began to stretch and change beneath him…

In the room where Natalya was, further in near the far right corner the shadows shifted. Evan stepped out of the largest one and then placed a hardened mass of blackness across the doorway effectively sealing them off from the hall. He staggered toward the wall and flung out his left arm to catch himself. Rubble and debris was strewn all about the room. Broken glass and twisted metal lay everywhere. Papers, supplies and shelves were twisted heaps upon the floor before him and Natalya was near the door with a large, shard of glass propped near her stomach poised to plunge into her middle.

“Natalya!” He hissed in an angry voice. He had tried to moderate his tone but seeing her like this...seeing her giving up like this really made him angry. That and he was in a considerable amount of pain. “What do you think you’re doing!?” He croaked. His left knee shook slightly wanting to buckle but he locked his joint and balanced with his arm and other leg. The movement made him feel nauseous and sweat beaded up on his forehead as he tried to maintain his power. He ofcourse had no idea about what she overheard but he also didn’t really care. Deep concern painted his face and his eyes held the confusion and anger he felt right then. “Talk to me and put that down!” He said in a commanding voice but he felt himself wanting to fall. He saw black flecks in his vision but he tried to ignore them. ‘No, don’t go unconscious!’ He said to himself and blinked the spots away.   

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Natalya saw out of the corner of her right eye the shadows start to shift and move and she knew then that Evan was coming. She really didn't want him to see her like this. She was at the absolute lowest point she had ever been in during her entire life and it was not like her to just give up. But this pain was immense and she felt like it was going to swallow her whole. She heard Evan's voice, but she didn't want to look at him. She knew if she did that she would lose all the control she had left. But she couldn't help herself and she looked at him and eyes slowly met his. Evan would be able to see the intense mental pain she was in. She was vulnerable, scared, and angry. She then dropped the shard to the ground and collapsed down to her knees and began to sob.

"They turned me into a monster!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 pm

It was actually a relief to fall onto his knees before her. He could no longer hold onto his power and the hardened shadow that kept them private vanished. Evan reached out and pulled Natalya to him and was thankful for the support her body gave him. He couldn’t really know how she felt but he did empathize with her. Once his own powers manifested there was little hope in him that he’d ever just have a normal, happy life.

“No...they turned you into a killer, an agent of death,” he said softly as she sobbed. “But you know it now...what it all means, “ Evan said plainly and tilted her face up to meet his. He wiped her streams of tears from her cheeks and smirked at her. “It’s not about what they want now, or what they thought they made. You are a person, your own woman and you make your own decisions about life and death. You decide on where to go and what to do from here Natalya,” he said softly as he brushed her long, tangled locks back away from her face “And I, at least would miss you badly if you decided to leave,” he began as his eyes flickered down to the large shard she tossed away them brought his eyes back up to hers. “I love you Natalya…don’t throw what we’ve started away,” he whispered as Alyssa stepped into the room behind her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Natalya was doubled over and sobbing when Evan came down onto his knees before her. She felt him pull her into his arms and he would feel her trembling against him. Her tears soaked his shirt, but he then gently lifted up her face to look at him. Extreme pain and shame were reflected in her eyes as she looked at him. She felt battered and broken...a shell of who she had been. She didn't understand why Evan still wanted her. She was a mess, with extreme baggage and powerful people now hunting her. By being with her it put him in the crossfire. She wanted to tell him that he shouldn't be with her...that he needed to stay away from her, but when she heard those three little words more tears filled her eyes. They were such small words, but hearing someone say them to her...especially him meant more to her than anyone could have understood. No one had ever loved her before...or shown her any kindness or affection. Love had been weakness. But not now. Now she knew that love was strength. She could feel it flowing through her as he held her close to him. Being near him gave her strength in a way nothing else ever had. Her heart was filled with joy and happiness for the first time in her life.

"I love you too Evan."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum