The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where To Go From Here?

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where To Go From Here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where To Go From Here?

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Kressara eased her horse to a stop and looked at Gowen as he began to speak about when he was shot in the back of the leg. Images of the arrow hitting him and knowing how close the Haradrim soldiers were came back to Kressara and she felt tears of her own come to her eyes thinking about how close he had been to dying. She couldn't imagine what she would have done if she had lost two men she loved within days of one another. Gowen's words struck a cord with Kressara and she knew how he must have felt.

"Death will come sooner or later and I know with what I am doing that I am more likely to die younger than my other siblings. I have come to terms with that and have vowed to live every day and every moment to its fullest."

She moved closer to him and caressed his cheek with her hand while looking deeply into his eyes. "We can help each other do that."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 am

With her close proximity he took in her scent though with the dust, the riding and the horses it wasn’t just her scent he smelled. And the look in her eyes...Oh, this was not going to be easy he knew. Traveling with her, sleeping next to her, loving her like he did. The softness In her eyes made his mouth go dry and he allowed his eyes to take all of her in just then.

There were wisps of hair that managed to work themselves out of her intricate braid and he thumbed a small smudge on her cheek affectionately. He smiled and noticed that his breathing had quickened. Yes...very difficult! He decided silently. “But...don’t you want to leave anything behind? Besides your deeds I mean?” Gowen asked as his large, blue eyes looked into hers. Had her eyelashes always been this long? He hadn’t really noticed them until now it seemed.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Kressara leaned affectionately into Gowen's touch, but the entire time she kept her eyes locked on his. Her eyes reflected the love and respect she held for him. She felt a shiver of desire run through her body. She wanted Gowen and she knew he wanted her as well. But the moment would need to be right. Gowen was special to Kressara and she did not want to ruin what they had by rushing things. She knew that the right moment would present itself...like it had with Havan.

"I have often thought that I would like to have a child one day...but this job doesn't exactly give the right conditions for being a mother."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Gowen listened to her words and knew them to be sensible. Kressara was in her prime and has proven just how skilled she really was. Especially with her sword. Their horses frisked and slashed their tails almost on point with one another and Gowen knew they shouldn’t pause much longer.

“Well, I for one look forward to the time when I can put up my shield and spear and call some place my home and the woman I love my wife,” he said and smiled brightly at her. “But I will agree, that is not today,” he said as he made love to her with his eyes. “Not when Gondor and it’s people are still in danger,” he said. “Will we stop for supplies in the white city or skirt around?” He asked not looking away at all.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Kressara felt her pulse quicken as Gowen continued to gaze deeply into her eyes. Her cheeks flushed ever so slightly, but she held his intense gaze. For a moment all she could think about was tearing off his clothes and she almost forgot to answer his question.

"Let's...skirt around..." she just managed to get out before she suddenly grabbed him by his lapel and pulled him towards her and kissed him deeply.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Gowen let her take him and kiss him though he did kiss her back, she was a princess after all and a very beautiful one at that. He nodded and then they continued on their way. Rain was still little more than a dream, so long and unremembered. Before long the sun was barely visible beyond the flattened waste that still yet laid before them. Gowen saw a small outcropping of rock that would shield them from the biting sands should a storm come and as they dismounted he began to make camp.

With the tent he made a simple lean to using the wooden rods and rope that came with the tent. They also had brought a bit of firewood and while he staked out the tarp Kressara started a small fire and put tea on to boil for them to enjoy with their dried meat, fruit, bread and cheese. Though water was very scarce they decided on heating up a little for washing anyway. Gowen doused a white cloth in the hot water and squeeezed it out a bit then handed it to her as they both knelt by the fire. Their horses were nearby with feed bags on their faces and chewed contently.

“There are several villages and homesteads that would resupply us for a bit of coin..and perhaps none considering who you are,” Gowen said as he tested the small, brass teapot. It wasn’t quite ready though he added a few thick pinches of tea to it as Kressara got out the cups. “It’s a long ride to Edoras though I’m fairly certain we could just keep heading North. We’d be bound to run into someone, though perhaps not necessarily the Rohan. I’ve not heard much about these attacker’s from the East, have you?” He asked as he poured her a cup of tea and handed it to her. It steamed in the warm air and gave off a scent of dandelions and cinnamon.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Kressara wished the kiss would never stop, but she knew they needed to get control of themselves otherwise they would never make it to Edoras. Thankfully, Gowen finally managed to do what she couldn't and pull back. With her face and lips still flushed they started out again. The slight breeze helped to cool her down and clear her mind. They both needed to keep a watch out for any Haradrim. The day was uneventful and they soon found a good place to stop for the evening. While Gowen set up the tent, Kressara started a small fire and put a kettle of water on to boil for tea. She was dusty, but looked happy and content. She didn't know what awaited them to the north in Rohan, but there was no other person in the world she would rather be sharing the journey with than Gowen.

She looked over as he approached and gratefully accepted the damp washcloth. She began to wipe her face, neck, and hands of the dust and dirt from riding all day. "I unfortunately know no more than you. I'm certain though that my uncle will be happy with as much help as he can get in this fight." She handed the washcloth back to Gowen and looked at him. "Thank you for letting us go around Minas Tirith. If I stopped there word would reach my parents of my arrival and I might get caught in family matters. I would much rather get to Edoras as quickly as possible."

Kressara was quiet a moment before realizing something. “You know I think we are close to my sister Calene’s home. I’m sure she and her husband, Deshane, would be willing to lend us what we need.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:20 am

Gowen paused as he lifted his cup up to his lips and looked at her a moment.

‘I guess I better get used to her family being just about everywhere.’ He thought and then another thought came to him. He didn’t want to be considered her personal guardsman. Or her sidekick or under her employ. When people began to see you as a thing over time you became that thing in their eyes whether you were or not. In that moment he did want to go to the city but for the reasons she thought. He wanted to ask for her hand in marriage properly. Before he really did become her guardsman. One that wasn’t really needed.

In truth Gowen wasn’t all that great of an outdoorsman. Certainly he could track and set traps for game, hunt, find water, even in the Harad but Kressara’s senses were much keener than his were and whomever her grandmother was, he had heard stories about her too, in the short time Kressara had trained with her she had become far better than he was in most everything. He didn’t begrudge her for that. He just didn’t know how he was going to fit in her world. It all seemed like a silly argument though it was just in his own head but he knew he didn’t want to spend more good years fighting and killing. He knew that to his core.

“I don’t know if I ever recall you mentioning ...Calene?” He said and hoped he pronounced her name right. “An...older sister?” He guessed. “Tell me about her,” he asked and took a sip of his tea then lowered his cup to wipe his right eye with his left palm. She could see he was tired but also that something was troubling him. Something he wasn’t prepared to speak up about apparently.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am

As Kressara looked at Gowen she could tell something was weighing on his mind and she could guess what it was. She she had no intention of anyone in her family thinking Gowen was something he wasn’t. She loved him and wanted her family to know that.

“Calene is the third oldest in our family. Like the other women in our family she can be headstrong and stubborn, but she has a good heart. She met her husband Deshane when she was kidnapped and he was sent to rescue her. They apparently didn’t get along at first, but that quickly changed. He left but a week later he was back asking for her hand. They have a son named Kaled after his father. He was born 5 weeks early, but seems to be doing well now.”

She was quiet a moment before looking at Gowen. “I love you Gowen and my family will know that.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:49 am

Her response wasn’t exactly the answer he sought but he felt for now it would do. The royal family was growing exponentially and he had been out in the field for a very long time. He rarely took leave for fear that he’d only come back to find that his men had been killed by some fool who thought himself a capable commander. He had lost 2 good men in Yearly and Havan and now that he resigned his commission he was more than a little relieved. He looked over at Kressara.

“I know you have things to do. I know that. But there will come a time when I will ask something of you Kressara,” He said plainly and allowed for the moment to linger as they looked into one another’s eyes. “You best get some sleep my love, we have several more full days in the saddle to go yet,” Gowen said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum