The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Kiss To Remember

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Kiss To Remember - Page 2 Empty Re: A Kiss To Remember

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:17 pm

The resulting squeal of delight from them was proof enough about if they’d go with her or not. And then they hugged and kissed her again…And ogled her diamond too.

-----

Silas looked pretty good in his dark suit. He had actually washed and his hair was feathered back and looked as soft as feathers too. He wasn’t certain the name on the invitation suited him but he presented himself and his invitation. It was a bit soiled from the street and the doorman huffed in annoyance with him. “Daelin, Holstead!” he announced but no one was watching the door anymore. Dinner was already underway, Roasted Oxen with candied root vegetables, potatoes and green beans in a butter sauce. Wine and champagne flowed and though some people were already dancing, most were either standing engaged in conversation or eating. Silas hadn’t seen the man he was looking for anywhere to his chagrin. He had a little debt to repay him for the way he treated him and thought to picket a few jewels as well. He was an excellent dancer after all.

Silas had been invited to several balls in the past. Just not lately. This one looked...very nice from what he could tell. As a waiter came toward him he scooped up a glass, swallowed then took another as he smoothly set the empty one back down upon his tray. To mingle, he sidled up to a couple who spoke to another couple. All were older than he but the woman that faced in his direction saw him and smiled quite warmly at him. “Hello, wonderful party, isn’t it?” he said.

It wasn’t long before the Duke and herself stood at the edge of the dancefloor. Bone white tiles that shimmered with the gold and silver around the room. A waltz began and the Duke took her hand in his and held her chastely at the hip and led her out. He was a good dancer she discovered and he smiled at how good she was. “You dance well Emma,” he complimented. And indeed you are the most beautiful woman here,” he added. “It appears I’m getting the better of this union,” he added and he sounded serious about that. After a short moment others joined them and soon the floor was packed with men and women who seemed to glide along the floor. As it was customary, some of the men were supposed to dance with the bride to be as the groom the women and it wasn’t long before they were seperated when others began to cut in.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Emma didn't really have any time to relax. As soon as she was finished talking with Emily and Helen she found herself surrounded by others who wanted to congratulate her and wish her well...as well as see her ring. She could tell that some of the well wishes were sincere, while others were clearly forced. That was the way of the upper class though. They loved judging everyone...especially those from their own class.

Emma wasn't particularly hungry, although she did snack on a few sweets as they passed by on silver trays. She also helped herself to some more champagne. Music was already playing and many people were already dancing. Before long she stood at the edge of the dance floor with the Duke looking out at those that were already dancing. She allowed him to lead her out onto the dancefloor where they began to waltz. Emma had been taught at a young age to dance and seemed to float across the floor. She blushed slightly at the Duke's compliment and thanked him. He sounded sincere, which she appreciated greatly. Soon, others began to cut in and she found herself dancing with one gentleman after another.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:55 pm

After a dozen of the same compliments and well wishes Another man cut in.”may I have this dance?” He asked as he bent over to kiss her hand. What she didn’t see was him remove her bracelet and smoothly pocket it as he kissed her knuckles. At that angle all she saw was a mane of soft, golden hair but when he straightened she saw the blue eyes and the face of the man on the street. His eyes...so blue and his smile was warm, very warm. Most men took great lengths to hide their feelings but this man...she saw desire in his eyes, for her and he didn't hide how he glanced about her body briefly before looking back into her eyes. He began to lead her as the music continued….

“Well, I didn’t expect to see you here,” he said. It was rude not to introduce himself before taking her out but he hadn’t. His lips on her knuckles were warm too and she felt them through her laced gloves. He smelled...like the sea she decided and his hair smelled like violets and jasmine, he smelled wonderful and hadn't even complimented her like the others.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 pm

All the men began to blur into one another and she found herself trying to pay attention to them but having a difficult time doing so. They all said the same things and she found herself wishing for something different. Another man cut in and bent down to kiss her hand. She looked down at this man and saw soft, golden hair. It reminded her of...the man from yesterday! As he looked up she found her heart skip a beat when she realized it really was that man. Her eyes met his and she did not even realize he had taken her mother's diamond bracelet. She began to dance with him and was surprised not only to see him here, but by how different he appeared.

"Well, this is my father's house and it is my engagement ball...so it would be rude for me not to be here," she replied with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm

“Well then, congratulations,” he said light heartedly. His eyes flicked down to her lips then back up to her eyes. Whomever she was she was beautiful, there was no denying that. “A pity, I could think of a place we could be other than here,” he said and continued that warm smile as if it was apart of his demeanor. It was a completely droll thing to say, if it was someone else that said it, but the way he said it seemed different somehow. Like everyone else around them might as well not even exist. “However as places go, being here, with you right now…” he began but as another man tried to cut in he shook his head. “Would you like to hear a secret?” He said in a very smoky voice. In little more than a whisper but she heard what he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Emma was rather taken aback by how forward this handsome stranger was. She continued to dance with him, but was completely focused on him and was actually unaware that they were still dancing. Another man tried to cut in, but the stranger wouldn't allow it. She wasn't sure what to say and she felt her heart beat increase and her face flush as he whispered in her ear. Her mouth was dry but she somehow managed to nod and whisper back.

"Yes."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:46 pm

“I wasn’t really invited to your party,” he said as he continued to look at her like at any moment he was going to begin kissing her. And not chastely either. She might not think he knew how to kiss chastely. Or was that simply what she wanted him to do? He waved away another man and never turned his gaze. “But that's just one of the sins I’ve committed today,” he said. “But, to be honest, right now, I’d love to commit a few more, with you my lady,” he said without even changing his tone or expression. Did he have no shame? And why wasn’t she slapping him away from her yet?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Emma was surprised and yet not surprised when he confessed that he wasn't actually invited to her party. However, the mystery about him deepened and she found herself completely drawn in and intrigued. Every proper fiber in her being told her to slap him and send him away, and yet another side of her didn't want him to go...ever. Somehow he made her feel special and like he truly cared about her.

"I'm an engaged woman..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:14 pm

“No, you are a woman,” he said and the way he said it was unlike she had ever heard it said before. “A ring or a commitment can’t change that or the fact that I want you right now, or how good I could make you feel,” he said unabashedly like he was talking about the weather. He waved another man away and they were surrounded by dancers who began to look at them. He hadn’t noticed them though there was only her and how much his heart pounded in his chest just being this close to her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Emma did not know exactly how to respond and indeed fumbled for words. No one had ever spoken to her like this...not even her beloved Joaquin. Who was this man? Why was she continuing to allow this interaction to continue. She felt her face flush hot at his words and she found herself looking into his eyes. She then realized that others were looking at them. She glanced at them and hoped that neither her father nor her husband to be were watching them. She couldn't imagine what her father would do if he knew this man was here.

"You shouldn't be here," she whispered. "If my father found out..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Speak of the devil….

“Emma, What goes on here!” her father asked as he suddenly appeared between two dancers. The music stopped but people were too stunned to move right away. He pushed Silas back and recognition came into his eyes but also Silas’s eyes. “Oh, well then,” Silas said and before Thomas could say more though he glared at Emma. Silas struck him in the back of the neck with his elbow. When he fell Silas stepped forward and kicked him, hard in the stomach just like he had done to him. Her father grunted and groaned and women screamed as couples tried to move back. As the men across the room looked up at him, the Duke included he seized the opportunity and pulled Emma close with his right arm. Before she could stop him his lips were on hers, his tongue coming out to taste her tongue and he drew hers into his mouth. He poured all of the passion of the moment into that kiss and felt her kiss him back though her hands came up to his chest. Finally though she managed to push him back. As men charged after him he winked at her. “Gotta run Emma,” he said smoothly and with a degree of affection before he ducked. Her eyes tried to follow him but before she caught where he went other men moved into the space and looked around for him. Then there was a crash and he hopped upon the tables and ran down the side of the room then jumped through an open window at the other end.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Emma was still looking deeply into the stranger's eyes when suddenly she heard her father's booming voice. Her face paled and she looked over as he pushed his way through the crowd and over to where they were. She tried to explain but before she could open her mouth the stranger struck her father in the back of the neck with his elbow and then when he fell forward he kicked him in the stomach. Emma was stunned and could hear people screaming and yelling. She looked from her father back to the stranger and then he grabbed her and pulled her forward and kissed her. It was a kiss unlike anything she had ever experienced. It was extremely passionate and deep, but at the same time it felt loving in a way. Emma knew she shouldn't, but she could not stop herself from kissing him back. She didn't want the kiss to end. She wanted to stay in this man's arms all night, but she felt her mind kick in and she pushed him back and away. With the taste of his lips still on her own she watched as he ducked away and fled. Chaos in the room prevented her from seeing where he went. The entire event left her feeling completely and utterly stunned, though a slight smile tugged at the corner of her lips. She then remembered her father and she quickly went to help him up.

"Father, are you alright?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 pm

With the offender gone and having the cover of so many dancers no one really knew what was going on. Not the Duke or even her father. "No I'm not alright!" He growled and pushed her hands away. His face with flush with embarrassment and he stood with difficulty and waved his hand. "It's alright, he's gone, continue the music!" he said trying to moderate his tone. The musicians shrugged than began to play. "Dance, everybody dance!" he said loudly and then the dancers began again. Waiters and busmen began to clean the tables where the stranger made a mess. Thomas saw the concerned face on his daughter's face and he waved her off. "I'm sorry Emma, I'm alright, really, please, continue and enjoy," he said as he hobbled away.

The Duke came back to dance with her a while. "Are you alright my dear? He didn't hurt you did he?" He asked. And that's when she rubbed her arms and felt for her bracelet...As she was want to do when she was nervous.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Emma was still in shock over the entirety of what had occurred. She could tell her father wasn't entirely alright, but his ego was more hurt than anything else. She sighed and let him go. The music started back up and people began to dance again. As the Duke approached Emma smoothed out her dress and looked at him. She then nervously rubbed her arms.

"No...he...My bracelet!"

Her face went white and she looked around her in terror. "My mother's diamond bracelet that she gave to me on her deathbed...it's gone!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:52 pm

ooc: new thread? I was thinking she moaps a bit over her bracelt and decides to hate Silas (the blue eyed man) Also, the duke wants to rush the wedding. another oddity.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:30 am

OOC-New thread

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content