The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At First Sight

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

At First Sight - Page 3 Empty Re: At First Sight

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Sabella reluctantly followed The Oracle to his chambers. She was upset over what had happened and knew that Father was not happy with her. She looked over at Nathan as Ben hauled Nathan over his shoulder towards the cellar doors. Everything ounce of trust she had just established with Nathan was gone and he would likely blame her for 'luring' him there. She quietly followed The Oracle into his rooms and heard the door close behind her. She looked at him slightly as he spoke and was quiet for a long moment after he finished speaking.

"Nathan will never trust us again Father. Why did you have me bring him here? What are you going to do with him?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm

The Oracle sighed then turned to face her once more. His expression was one that seemed to dislike what he had done. He needed Sabella to understand but how? How do you tell his daughter that he had used honey before the stick. He decided he owed her that much.

“Sabella, he would not have come otherwise. You know I had to send you. The man is dangerous, to everyone around him. You know what he did,” he said and pointed his crooked finger at her. “We do what we have to in self defense. What he did...he did out of vengeance. One man is not worth losing everything we built here. So many here rely on anonymity and we live in peace. This...this Nathan Carver knows nothing of peace, only violence. You know I don't always like to use you in this way but no one else could have gotten him here. I needed a beauty to lure the beast and now he and everyone around him is safe,” he said.

He mumbled something that was not really audible to her. "Plans within plans, Oh I wish I could tell you,"

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 pm

OOC: Just so you know, there is alot going on in my head about this plot. He is only setting the stage for what will come next. A reaction to his action. Like chess. He feels this is the right course to set Sebella on so the next move can be played.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Sabella just stared at The Oracle in pure horror. She had lied to Nathan! She had lured him here! But she had not realized it at the time. She felt sick to her stomach and could not believe what she had just done. She shook her head and looked at her father.

"He isn't dangerous at heart Father. He is scared and needs a place where he feels safe. I thought I was bringing him to that place. He doesn't need to be locked up. Please...just let me try and earn his trust again. I will prove to you that he isn't the man you seem to think he is."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:16 pm

“You forget yourself Sabella, I do not require your help nor your council on this matter and by under no circumstances are you to see this man again,” he said in a tone that would brook no argument. He turned his back to her and continued with preparing the tea. He absolutely hated doing this but he knew he must and he would not falter now. He also knew that she would find a way to see him. He could feel some need in her for this man to trust her. Something he didn’t expect but as it stood, it was part of what was coming and so he decided not to take her oath on it.

“Would you like some tea?” he asked as he lifted the kettle as if he hadn’t just condemned a man to prison for god knows how long.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

OOC-I just realized I completely forgot to tell you that I started a new thread with Ariana and Lucas lol

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Sabella was becoming more and more upset. She did not like being told that she could not see Nathan again and she could not just go about her life as if he weren't imprisoned near her. Nathan did not deserve this. Whatever he had done he did not deserve this. She shook her head and refused the cup of tea.

"No, I would not. May I leave?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:31 pm

He dismissed her flippantly and began to hum to himself as if she wasn’t even there. He did not do this often but The Oracle had reasons for doing what he did and he needed her to be defiant right now.

In the hall Westley was there and he sat up on the heavy side table that sat just outside his door. He stood up when she came by him and walked with her though he wasn’t really there. “You’re upset...is it over this Nathan character?” He asked though he already knew the answer since he was just a figment of her imagination from her own mind. “That man is going to be trouble for you, I can see that already,” he added.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Sabella left The Oracle's chambers. Outside, Westley was waiting for her. He always came to her more vividly when she was upset. She knew he wasn't really there, but he seemed so real that she wanted to put her arms around him and bury her head into his chest. She sighed softly when he asked her about Nathan.

"I got him into this mess...although I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I need to get him out. I can't believe Father used me like this. He used me as a lure for Nathan. It was completely unfair to us both."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Westley sighed his usual sigh when he thought that there was no changing her mind. “But The Oracle always does things and it always turns out for the best, doesn’t it? He wouldn’t do these things unless he had his reasons m’love,” he said. He always called her that when he knew she needed to hear it. Out in the hall people moved as if they had a place to go. Several waved at her but seemed to keep their distance due to her outward expression.

“Maybe you should just give it time and see what comes of this?” he said as they continued to march toward her room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Sabella sighed and shook her head. "No Westley, I cannot just sit and wait to see what happens. I'm going to get Nathan out and let him go. We have no right to just hold him here."

She stopped and looked at Westley and felt a few tears come to her eyes. "I wish you were really here. I miss you so much."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 pm

When she turned back to face him once more there was no one there and Amy stood there, her face a painted mask for pale worry. “Sabella...what’s wrong? Have you been crying?” She asked concernedly and she came up and took her hands into hers. “Is...is there anything I can do?” She asked, her empathic powers now giving her the emotions Sabella was feeling and the emotions were so strong it brought tears to her eyes immediately. They were right before Sabella’s door and Amy opened it obviously intending to go in with her to try to help her with whatever it was that was causing her to feel this way.

A cold splash of water from a bucket woke Nathan up fully. his hands were above him still shackled and a bar in the shape of a Tee was above him and a thick chain was locked to his shackles. His arms and shoulders ached when he regained his balance to stand up. They had removed everything and left him bare to the waist. The two men chuckled when he groaned as he finally stood up on his own power. "Go ahead...have your fun. When I get out of here I'm killin you first," he said as he looked straight at Jarvis. Jarvis sneered as he got up from where he sat then moved up to him. With the thick, length of wood he  held in his hands he jabbed it at Nathan's midsection and Nathan grunted then began to cough due to the pain.

"Leave em be," Big Ben, as the men called him said. "Ain't no cause ta treat em like that...back up Jarvis," he said in a warning tone and Jarvis only waved off his threat then went back to his seat.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 am

Sabella was surprised to see Amy standing there suddenly. She did not know how long she had been there. When Amy asked her what was wrong she thought about telling her what had happened, but she did not want to drag Amy into this mess. She was already in enough trouble and would be in even more if she were able to free Nathan. She could handle whatever punishment might come her way. She did not want that for Amy.

"I'm alright," she told her. "I was just thinking about Westley is all. It's getting late. You should be heading to bed. You have class early in the morning."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 am

OOC-Next thread will be on you again. Also I started a plotter for this thread.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

OOC-new

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content