The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunters Become The Hunted

2 posters

Go down

The Hunters Become The Hunted Empty The Hunters Become The Hunted

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:58 am

“Shsss, shhh, we’re alright ok?” He said in a whisper into her ear as he uncovered her mouth. His horse now a pale concern, he was more worried about her it seemed. “We’ll move soon, just stay low and walk soft...I know you know how,” he said confidently. What that meant was stepping around twigs and things that made noise. He had seen her doing that before. It was then he noticed her tears. “Oh…” he said softly and brushed her hair back. “I won’t let them harm you Calene, I won’t.” He kissed her cheek and tasted the saltiness of her tears. “Do you trust me?” he asked. “If we get separated...don’t call out ok? Just stay low and hidden and I’ll double back for you,” he reassured her. “I won’t leave you behind Calene,” he said again and then he surprised himself by kissing her once more but on the lips this time and he gave her a small smile as he shifted his cloak then rolled off of her.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

The Hunters Become The Hunted Empty Re: The Hunters Become The Hunted

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Calene looked into Deshane's eyes for a moment as he comforted her. She felt her worry start to fade away as he spoke. She felt safe with him and found herself even wanting to be in his arms. When he kissed her he would even fee her kiss him back ever so slightly.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Staying low he lurched forward into the dark and felt Calane close behind him. They needed to get a little distance between their pursuers and themselves and now his horse was dead so it was only their feet now. After a few miles, Calene though began to falter. He knew she had no slipper for her left foot now but there was little he could do to help that. He pulled up short when he heard a small stream nearby. Deshane waited for her to catch up to him and then pointed toward a clump of rocks near the small stream. With a nod he led her forward then made a gesture for her to hunker down there. Her dress actually helped conceal her against the rocks with how the moonlight was right then. He continued on though down the small slope to the river.

In two long minutes, it seemed like hours in this deafening quiet he returned to her with two large, gutted and headless fish. He filleted them expertly with his small knife then handed her one. Once she took it he started in his own.

“After you eat that, go to the stream and drink all that you can. If you have to make water, do it there,” he said in a matter of factly tone not seeing her outward expression. In between bites he softly explained the route they would take.

The fish was cold but the meat of it was most definitely raw. She’s had dishes of raw fish but not before it had been laden with lemon and lime, salt, oil and herbs. This was...not anything like that but even as she looked at it her stomach growled furiously. His did to and he seemed to just devour the rosy meat inside without clearly even knowing what kind it was. Hen he saw her trepidation his brow furled.

“Eat it Calene, we are not in your comfy palace and I am not a servant that’s going to refill your cup each time you sip from it!” He said in an almost scolding tone. “I’ll get another I think,” he said then skulked down the sandy bank again.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Calene followed as closely behind Deshane as much as she could. He moved much quicker than she did and she was exhausted already and still weakened. However she did not complain. After a few hours her body ached and she felt very hungry. She hadn't properly eaten in days and was very thirsty. She was thankful therefore when Deshane finally decided to stop. She followed him down to a stream and sat on some of the rocks to wait for Deshane to return. It was dark and very quiet and she began to feel nervous as she waited anxiously for him to return. Finally she heard him return and was surprised to see two dead fish in his hands. He filleted one handed it to her. She hesitated while he began to eat the other. She was extremely hungry but couldn't bring herself to eat it at first. At Deshane's scolding she suddenly felt like he thought of her like a child again and sighed as she began to eat the fish.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:00 pm

At the water’s edge Deshane drank by sucking it in with his mouth. It was a completely silly posture but he didn’t wish to get all wet with then. “When we stop, I’ll rub some of the ointment on your feet alright? I know they’re sore Calene, we just need to go a bit further alright? Just a bit more then we can rest,” he said softly. He sounded as weary as she did. “Did they...hurt you badly?” He asked. He wondered at what exactly they had done to her. But his voice was soft and concerned and his eyes looked...well if she had to place them she might say...affectionate toward her. Up to now he had been kissing her to distract her. It had worked the first time but now he wanted to do that again and not just to distract her. The chill of the night and the damp sweat of her nightgown had made certain things...quite profound and she would see him looking at her and trying to be circumspect about it but failing miserably. What he saw had actually...aroused him though he felt guilty for that as well.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Calene followed him down to the water's edge and drank a little as well. She was so thirsty. She was still hungry, but didn't want to eat another fish. She was exhausted and did not look like the princess she was. She was also cold. She was wearing very little and the temperature had dropped in the last few hours. She glanced at him slightly when he asked her what they had done to her.

"They tied my hands and feet as you know. They tied them too tightly. They placed a burlap bag over my head which made it difficult to breathe. They beat me and kicked me when I was on the ground and threatened to rape me if I made any noise."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:49 pm

He moved up to her and put his arms around her immediately. “It’s alright Calene...we’re well away from them now,” he told her. He pulled away to look down at her and held the back of her neck with his hand. “I’m going to get you home Calene...I will,” he said then in one, smooth movement he drew of his cloak and settled it down upon her shoulders. It dragged along the ground but the fur-lining was warm. He lifted up her chin gently. “C’mon...just a bit further tonight then we can rest...I promise,” he said confidently.

For another hour they jogged and at the end of it she practically collapsed into his arms. He bundled her up in his cloak and then took out the ointment and began massaging it into her sore feet and toes that had taken a real beating. “Sleep Calene...I will watch over you my dear,” he said in a soothing voice then kissed her cheek.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:16 pm

As Deshane put his arms around her, Calene practically melted into them. They felt strong, and she felt truly safe and secure. It actually felt...good to feel his arms around her and his words soothed away her fears. She was grateful when he gave her his fur lined cloak. She was a more petite woman and it dragged along the ground, but it would keep her warm enough to keep her going for a little while longer.

However, after another hour of travel she could take not one more step and practically collapsed into his arms. She felt his arms go around her again as he bundled her up into his cloak. She settled on the ground and her eyes were already beginning to close as he told her to get some sleep. Within seconds she was fast asleep.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:52 pm

She awoke to a hand being pressed over her mouth. “Shhhh,” he whispered and pointed out toward the treeline. “Two men, in the trees. I think they smelled us and have been following our tracks. I scuttled our tracks back where they are now. “I need you to be strong Calene, they likely know where we are headed. They’re confused now though but they won’t be for long...I..I’m going to lead them West. WIth luck you can make it to the road,” He said and then he did something he hadn’t done since they met. “Do you agree with this plan Princess?” He asked her. He had never ‘asked’ her anything until this moment but she felt the weight of it in his voice. He was putting himself in danger for her and he wanted her to agree that it was the best way.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:02 pm

When Calene felt the hand being placed over her mouth she awoke with a start and at first began to struggle with fear in her eyes until she realized it was Deshane. She listened to him and her fear doubled when she realized that two men were so close to discovering them. However, she knew that she needed to remain calm and strong. The thought of traveling alone frightened her, but she knew it was their only choice.

"Will you come back and find me?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:23 pm

In answer to her question he kissed her, deeply. Then without another word he skulked back toward the treeline. He appeared a few minutes later and looked as if he hadn’t expected to see them.

“Ho! There he is...get em!” She heard in the distance. Deshane ran in the opposite direction and the two men she saw gave chase after him….

For hours she ran, jogged walked and ran some more. She found the road about mid-day but she was smart enough to skirt it and stay out of sight. Exhausted hungry and her feet in pain she stopped to take a rest. Her feet were a mass of cuts, bruises and torn skin. It wasn’t until she stood again that she saw a figure running toward her. As he closed she quickly discerned that it was not Deshane and knew it was likely one of the kidnappers.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Calene closed her eyes and kissed him back, which surprised her. She opened her eyes as he pulled back and then headed towards the treeline. She watched as he disappeared and a few minutes later she heard the men spot him and within seconds the chase was on.

She quickly left the area and alternated between running, jogging and walking. She was not used to this much exercise and her weakened state didn't help much. Her legs and feet ached, but she continued to move. Finally, around mid-day she spotted the road, but she stayed just out of sight. She hoped that Deshane wasn't too far behind. She sat down to look at her feet and the sight nearly made her cry. They were bruised, cut and bleeding and hurt terribly. She thought she heard something and stood, hoping it was Deshane. She saw a figure running towards her, but quickly saw that it wasn't him...but a different man and likely one of her kidnappers. Quickly, she moved into the trees and found a large oversized bush to hide in. She covered herself with Deshane's cloak and crouched down low and held her breath...hoping the man would just go past her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:16 pm

She heard him nearby her He kicked at the brush and threatened her more if she didn’t come out. “Show yourself “Princess!’ Don’t make me have to look for you,” he warned angrily. He continued to look for her and with each pattern of searches he seemed to get closer and closer to her. “When I find you I’m going to make it hurt you whore!” He seethed. He was almost on top of her now, but she felt something suddenly brush up against her arm.

“You will not touch her!” She heard above her. It was Deshane’s voice and his sword was drawn. He was straddling her and when the man lunged for him he lunged as well. When she finally decided to look up she’d see Deshane push his blade into the man’s chest up to the hilt. The man tried to grab at his face but his strength had faded. His knees began to buckle and Deshane let the man’s own weight pull him from his sword. “Justice is served, once and for all,” he said in a raspy tone then he bent forward and cleaned his blade from the man’s clothes. He held his sword up but away from her and looked down. “I told you I would come for you Princess,” he said as he extended his hand down toward her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Tear's of pure fear filled Calene's eyes as she heard the man begin to search the area for her. He was getting closer and closer to her. She had no weapon and no way of defending herself and she was terrified to imagine what he might do to her. She began to pray silently as she clutched Deshane's cloak. Suddenly, she heard a voice...and knew immediately it was Deshane. She heard movement and looked up to see Deshane's sword plunged into the man's chest. She thought she might be sick at the sight. She looked up at Deshane as he pulled his sword out and let the man fall to the ground. She was trembling as she gave him her hand. Immediately, her arms went around him as tears began to stream down her cheeks.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:14 pm

Deshane sheathed his sword then took her up into his arms. She would feel that he was trembling as well and he wasted no time lifting her up and carrying her bodily away from the dead man. After a mile he stopped, his arms were long since tired and he bent down with her still in his arms. He hugged her tightly to him then pulled back to look at her. He stroked her hair and managed a small smile for her. He wasn’t sure what to say but he knew he had strong feelings for Calene. Too much had happened for there not to be now. The problem was he didn’t know what to do about what he was feeling. She was his better and also younger which gave him pause.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Calene didn't struggle as Deshane picked her up into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head against his chest as he carried her away. Finally, after a mile, he had to stop, but kept her in his arms. She looked into his eyes as he stroked her hair. Nothing was said between them, but it was clear that their feelings for each other were shared and within moments they were kissing quite deeply and passionately.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 am

ooc-new thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content