The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spring Morning In The Park

2 posters

Go down

A Spring Morning In The Park Empty A Spring Morning In The Park

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:45 am

Eldarion listened as Calista read to him. She had a sweet voice. Crisp and clear and she added a bit of character into the characters to make the stories she read more interesting. The two had gotten out early, he had asked her to meet him in the Eastern, 4th level courtyard. The Winter had been a cold one but spring was now here and with it warmth and new spring dresses. Calista had on a nice, pale green dress with white embroidery and lace. Her hat was a large, elegant thing with yellow ribbons that streamed down to the back of her neck. He had known Calista since they were young and now that they were older they had grown ‘close’ now that they both have reached the age to marry. He wore a dark gray and black suit today with highly polished black boots and silver thread embroidery on his lapels. Calista sat on one of the stone benches as she read, Eldarion on the stone tiles leaned against the front of the bench, one knee up, the other leg straight near her feet. He was only half listening, it wasn’t one of his favorite stories after all but she had insisted.

He’d much rather play stones or chess or perhaps even a kissing game but she was a proper lady and though she had indulged him before it was more due to her feelings for him and less about the actual kissing. Eldarion was a kind, generous man but he could be...annoying at times she knew quite well. Lately she had opened herself to being courted by others, a tactic to get him to either approach her for something more official between them or to back away and let her find someone else. Unfortunately that hadn’t worked either, many who were interested in her were his friends and he would ask her to spend time with him even though he was clearly not really there with her. His mind was somewhere else right then and it would serve him right if she smacked the top of his head with her book right now. When she stopped reading though he did look up to her.

“Why did you stop Calista?” He asked in a level tone. His blue-gray eyes searched hers just as a blue finch flew up into a nearby tree and called to the others nearby.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Spring Morning In The Park Empty Re: A Spring Morning In The Park

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:12 am

Calista knew the exact day she had fallen in love with Eldarion. It had been a beautiful summer day two years ago and the two of them had taken their horses out for a ride. They had found a quiet spot and had had a picnic. The two of them had spent hours just talking and laughing and then when it grew dark they had laid back on the blanket and looked up at the stars. The two of them had been friends since they were children. Her father was the King's General which made her as close to being royalty as one could get without being royal by blood or marriage. Calista was kind and generous, but also adventurous and free-spirited. She had blossomed into a truly beautiful young woman, who had every opportunity to marry well.

For the past two years she and Eldarion had been involved in an on again off again relationship. It was always Eldarion who began things...and he was always the one to back off again. Calista had put up with it because they were still young and weren't under serious pressure yet to marry, but now that she was 20 her father was starting to talk about it more. Calista wanted to marry Eldarion, but pressure from her father was causing her to open up the door to other young men. Unfortunately, most of the young men who had started pursuing her were Eldarion's friends. She hadn't yet told him that his best friend had asked her to go with him to the ball. She had not given him an answer yet, because she wanted to see if Eldarion would ask her.

It was a lovely spring day and Eldarion had asked her to meet him up in the Eastern, 4th level courtyard. She had decided to wear her new, spring dress and hat and hoped that he was going to ask her to be his date for the ball. Appearing together at such a function would surely mean he was wanting to become more serious with her. She had been reading to him for a half hour now while he lounged on the ground next to the bench. He had said nothing about the ball all morning. She sighed and put the book down. When he turned around and asked her why she stopped she found herself looking into his beautiful blue-gray eyes. Every time he looked into her eyes anymore she felt her knees go weak.

"I was just tired of reading," she replied. "And it doesn't seem that you are paying attention anyway," she added with a little smile.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am

He smiled back, not necessarily ready to assure her he was listening. He knew that he wasn’t, not really. “It is a very nice dress Calista,” he said as he reached up and touched the laced hem of it. “Can’t I just see you and not it have to be something more than I just want to see you?” He knew well that the pressure of marriage was upon him and most likely her as well. Maybe even more so on her but he just wasn't sure he was ready for that. Marriage was forever and though his mother had been pressing him to make a choice he wasn’t at all certain of his feelings. Especially for Calista. They were friends but she always seemed to put propriety above passion. For once he wish she would. A sign, anything to show him that somewhere deep inside of her there was a woman who needed him.

Eldarion had heard the stories, either his mother’s accounts or his father’s. They had adventures and passion and love. He wanted those things too but Calista...she had grown up in Minas Tirith, lived here all her life and he just wanted...more. What that ‘more’ was he just was not sure though. And there was the upcoming Ball to think about. He’d probably have to ask her soon he knew but he honestly wasn’t all that enthused by it anymore. He only did it because his parents expected him to. He was tempted to slide his hand in and touch her calf but she’d hit him for sure. He let go of the dress and put his hands back into his lap.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:12 am

Calista knew that Eldarion hadn’t been listening. He had been miles away and although she knew that he could have been thinking about anything, she found herself a little upset nonetheless. She watched as he reached out to touch her dress. She listened to what he said and she felt herself growing even more upset, though she did her best not to show it. She wasn’t entirely sure what to say. She wanted to open her mouth and to tell him everything she was thinking and feeling, but as she looked at him she lost the courage. Things between them had already started to become more strained. The last thing she wanted was to make it worse. She didn’t want to pressure Eldarion, but she just wasn’t sure how much longer she could wait.

She didn’t answer his question. She didn’t want to. Instead, she did something that surprised even her. She reached down and lightly ran her fingers through his hair. It was so soft and thick. When he looked at her she pulled her hand back, trying not to blush, and put it back in her lap.

“Everyone seems excited about your parent’s anniversary ball…” she said deciding to change the subject.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:21 am

For a moment...he thought she would let herself express herself, her hand though gloved felt good in his hair. He even saw her blush knowing she was at least thinking about something more. Oh Calista...why do you hold yourself back so? He wanted to ask but he remained silent and said nothing. “The ball…” He said with a sigh though he did manage not to sneer at hearing her mention it. Eldarion knew it was an important occasion but they were hot, stuffy events and the women would be once again paraded in front of him like mares to a stallion. Sometimes that is what he felt like. His father had him by a lead rope by the neck and made him stay put to observe and interact with all the different ladies that were of sufficient rank for his attentions. Calista unfortunately was among them and since he turned 18, it was much much worse.

“You know what will happen Calista...I will barely get a chance to dance with you,” he had asked her last year but right now actually asking her had slipped his mind. So many women butted in, tried to corner him, tried to make the others think he was interested in them. It was pretty horrible he remembered and embarrassing. Balls and the occasional horse ride and chaste kiss. That was the extent of the adventure he’d ever have, he was sure of it. Calista seemed to like to ride and enjoy his kisses but always she held herself back. She never lost control, even the thought of her losing control made his cheeks color. He wanted to see that more than he wanted to see what she hid under that demure dress and then he blushed again. He should not think of such things he knew but he was a man and he did think of her that way and often. The price to ‘see’ though was more than he was willing to pay right then.

A thought popped into his head right then and he smiled and his eyes took on a smoky, soft caste to them. “Tell me something Calista...something I do not know about you,” he said suggestively. He knew she was not a fan of his games. Especially when they got her to admit that which she did not wish to out loud.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:29 am

Calista, though she remained a proper lady on the outside, did have desires. She often daydreamed about Eldarion kissing her with such power and passion that it made her cheeks flush just thinking about it. She often wondered at night what he looked like without any clothes on...those thoughts made her heart race. She loved Eldarion, but didn’t know at this point how to please him. He was still young and seemed content not to be tied down to anyone. She understood that he did not wish to marry at this point, but if he would just commit himself to her she would wait as long as he wanted to marry.

She looked at him slightly when he began to play one of his little games. She wanted to suggest they do something else, but from the look in his eyes she guessed he was not going to easily swayed.

“You know everything about me,” she said with a little smile. “We’ve been friends since we were young, remember?”

One look told her that she was not going to get out of answering the question. She sighed a little and tried to think of anything that he wouldn’t know about her.

“Alright...this is not something I like to talk about...but I have a birthmark on my inner right thigh.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 am

He smiled and his eyebrows rose as his eyes shifted down then back up quickly to her face. “Well, now I ‘suppose’ I’ll have to take your word on that, won’t I?” He said just as suggestively. He had seen her legs before but that was years ago when they had gone swimming where they shouldn’t. They got caught and he ofcourse was blamed for it all which he really did not mind. It had been his idea...that time. He never looked though, not like that anyway. And since then she had filled out a fair bit however there was no more swimming in the river.

“If I even spoke sometimes what my thoughts were Calista...seeing your birthmark would not even be in it,” he told her honestly. “You have grown up to be such a...a ‘proper’ woman. Sometimes though…” he paused now just thinking about how he must sound. Foolishly his mouth went on though. “I wish maybe you weren’t...so...uh...proper,” he said as if it took real effort to find the words. The last time they kissed longer than just a peck on the lips she made sure to hold his hands. He wasn’t sure if it were to keep his where she wanted them or her own but it irritated him that she had to have that kind of control over everything.

He would not go on about his parents. He knew full well how they had behaved...nothing short of scandalous, or so his father had told him though his mother tried to deny that any of that really happened. He believed it had and that was enough to get him to think about it. “You are very beautiful and very proper,” he repeated as if the latter made the prior less in some way.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Calista felt her cheeks color at his use of the word ‘proper’. It embarrassed her the way he said it and also made her angry. She had been raised to be ladylike. Her parents told her over and over again as she matured that men preferred ‘nice, pure’ women. He was her friend and was supposed to be supporting her, not making her feel bad. She knew that as a young man he wanted different things...and ultimately she did too, but she feared what people might say or think. Was this why Eldarion seemed hesitant to make a commitment to her?

When he used the word ‘proper’ again she slammed the book closed and stood up.

“Well, I wouldn’t want to bore you anymore with my ‘proper’ ways so I’ll just go.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 pm

He was surprised by her sudden anger. He came to his feet quick as he was concerned she was really angry, not just acting like it. He did put his hand on her arm to forestall her. “Why is it lately that when I speak my mind you get angry? You know I do not say these things to insult you. You know what I mean. Each time we get together it is in dresses and suits and we sit apart. Remember that summer where you even had a chaperone? It’s me Calista, Eldarion...remember?” He said concernedly. “We used to be able to tell one another everything and steal kisses while we watched the sun go down. Now, I feel as if I must censor my words and check my tongue around you,” he said and he removed his hand when she looked over at it. “It’s...it’s like you come for me but not for yourself...I don’t understand that and you won’t be frank with me on why things have to change so quickly,” he said and then an unpleasant thought came over him. Was there someone else? He didn’t know but before he could hold that question back it popped out.

“Is there someone else?” He asked with more heat than he would have liked and he felt his face heating.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Calista felt torn and confused as she listened to Eldarion’s words. She wanted desperately to throw her arms around him and kiss him, but she knew that if she did that they wouldn’t be able to stop. She was supposed to remain ‘pure’ until she was married. She was no longer a child and stealing rather unchaste kissed while watching the sun go down was no longer an option, according to her parents. She was told to project herself in such a way that a potential suitor (of high standing) would be able to see her as his wife and not some playful child. She had desires, but she was told to push them down...ladies aren’t supposed to feel such things...at least not until marriage.

It was then at Eldarion asked her bluntly if there was anyone else. She looked at him slightly.

“I’ve had other men pursue me, yes. One has even asked me to attend the ball with him, although I will admit I haven’t given him an answer yet. But perhaps I should accept.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Eldarion narrowed his eyes. “It’s...it’s that twirp Richon? Isn’t it!? Or Nathan?” He started angry now himself. A hurt, jealous anger that made his cheeks hot. All thought of asking her himself had gone out of his mind. She was trying to spite him he thought though it didn’t make any sense and his stubbornness came out in heated words. “Then maybe you should! And ‘maybe’ you’ll have a few toes that aren’t bruised or worse by night’s end!” he said a little too loudly. “And maybe I’ll just ask Melaine!” he said defensively. He knew she hated Melaine and Melaine was always up for a bit of kissing and a cuddle. She had been sweet on Eldarion for a long time.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Calista was surprised and angry by Eldarion’s reaction. Did he think she was just going to sit around and not let any other men court her if he wasn’t going to? She clenched her fists when he then told her he would ask Melanie. She knew he was only saying that just to upset her. However, she had one last, final jab. She started to walk away, but then turned and looked at him.

“And actually, it was Hugo who asked me.” She then turned and with a flip of her hair over her shoulder she walked away. Hugo was Eldarion’s best friend. The two went through training together and had known each other almost as long as she had known Eldarion. Hugo had been sweet on her for a while now, but hadn’t made any sort of move until now. She wished she had eyes in the back of her head to see Eldarion’s face as she walked away.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:09 pm

ooc; Good thread! And the next?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:19 pm

It's up to you. We could go to the ball or do something else

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:16 pm

occ-if we start at the ball, ill need 1 other woman for Eldarion, I already have Calista, Malanie...

For men we have Hugo and also a setup narrative for the ball. Could you tackle that or do you want me to? Again today is busy and those are typically long.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Well we can use one of the other female names I came up with. I edited your original post for Eldarion plot to add some stuff. I probably should have just done a general reply instead. I can write up something, but it won't be until tonight either. I have to run and get my allergy shots and then go to the grocery store

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:00 pm

I have never had an allergy shot, do they make you loopy? I mean...loopier? (I already know you are loopy) Laughing

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:12 pm

lol No. The injection area sometimes gets a bump and gets itchy. I get two shots every week

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum