The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where To Go Now

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where To Go Now - Page 2 Empty Re: Where To Go Now

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Ooc-oh no, but at some point she will feign sleep when he tells her how he feels. She will still be sick then but he will think she will never hear him

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Lorelei continued to shiver uncontrollably. She was pale and D'Artagnan would be able to feel how thin she was. Her face burned with a very high fever and he would see the cuts and bruises that covered her body. She mumbled in her feverish, unconscious state, but her words were unintelligible.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:48 pm

The next morning he noticed that her fever had broken. He had gotten up 3 times that night to stoke the fire but then got right back into bed again. He tried to give her water but most of it slid down her cheek and she’d choke if he tried any harder. Now it was all about her body temperature though that to seemed to be getting better. He slept little that night he was worried that she’d pass in the night and that he’d miss it. That terror brought up feelings of loss that had nothing fatherly about them. His heart ached at the thought of her dying like this. She was so young, so beautiful.

“You frightened me last night,” he said softly. He felt her stir but she only murmured something incoherent. “You can’t die Lorelei...I won’t allow it,” he said with more force behind it. “Do you have any idea what it’s like to...to love someone and never be able to tell her how you feel? Ever since I first saw you...I’ve loved you. Not as a father though I played my part for you and for Armand and the King. But it was a lie, a sham...that’s what I am woman...an old goat who couldn’t tell a woman that he loved her.” D’artangnan had mixed feelings about his own feelings. He had a duty and yet his heart had never loved another all this time. It wouldn’t allow him to. He felt her stir again when he smoothed down her hair. It was just above her shoulders now but it would grow back. She needed to live so it could grow back. He looked over at her, her cheeks were rosy red and she had sweat on her nose and forehead. He dabbed a cool cloth to dry it.

“Please don’t leave me Lorelei, not before I can tell you that my heart still belongs to you as it always has,” he said almost pleadingly. His long hair was damp from his own sweat as it fall down his back. “Come back to me...I promise I will take care of you like you deserve. We will have adventures you and I. The world can be ours if I have you by my side,” he said as he began to get choked up. Tears welled up in his eyes as he turned away from her so she wouldn’t feel him cry.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:19 pm

OOC-This actually makes me want to cry lol

IC-Lorelei was slipping in and out of consciousness. As she slipped back into semi-consciousness she could hear a voice. It was a familiar, comforting voice. It was a voice that belonged to a strong, good man. A man who had sat by her bedside and read to her after she had been shot by Severin. She knew then that it was D'Artagnan. He had come for her! In her semi-conscious state she could just make out the words she was saying. He loved her...loved her all this time. Was it true? Was she dreaming this? No, she could feel his arms around her...holding her tightly. She could hear the pain in his voice at the thought of losing her. D'Artagnan, the man who had given her away to Armand, loved her.

She then began to slip back into an unconscious state. She began to mumble again and he might hear her say "Read to me again D'Artagnan."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum